- Age & Location: Darin / Maryland
- Number of Testicles: 2, one may or may not be real.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? I do.
- How long have you played WoW: Since November 2004
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
I killed every boss while relevant from Vanilla to Trial of Crusader in LK before missing Tribute to Immortality and Insanity. Damn guild got them the same week after getting 49 because of a wipe on the damn Beasts. Week later the assholes got Dedicated Insanity as well. (Mediocrity of Blackrock). I left for the Army that week. I’m still bitter.
Raiding post Army was a bit rough but I managed a Heroic Rag kill during Firelands(with Mediocrity).
Next was Heroic/Mythic SoO on Mal’Ganis clearing AOTC and CE for Garrosh.
Legion I raided with the same crew as in SoO and we cleared Heroic EN in the first week before I was put on another quick rotation out the country. But I’m done with the Army now.
BOD – 6/9 Killed with about 20 attempts on Mek
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
After raided two core groups of people for the entirety of my raid career, finding a home this expansion has been rough!
I’m not stranger to harsh criticism and high expectations, but I have no time for pointless drama and ego padding that gets taken too seriously and with the people I’ve ran with, that’s been seemingly more important than a cohesive team and productive raid environment.
I’ve raided with “raid leaders’ over the past few months who didn’t spend a second of time researching the fight and felt that on progression, proper specs, azurite traits and (what really went up my ass sideways) Pre-pots were not important. Mind blowing.
I’ve had a raid stopped for the mediocre at best GM blow up on his top DPS who had yet to make a mistake all night. A solid 10-minute berating tangent that was completely ridiculous.
I understand taking the raid seriously, but that non-sense didn’t sit well. Adjustments are needed. You need to fix things when people are continually making mistakes and causing problems, but some things are overkill.
I’ve done the hardcore raiding 5 -6 nights a week. In sunwell I put in 16 hours on a Saturday on M’uru and I’m used to the hardcore mentality and I fully expect to be called out to improve where needed and guided to that improve if I’m clueless, which I would like to believe is rare. And If I’m still out there sucking, I fully expect to be sat and understand it as I can’t be a liability in the run.
- Name & Class: Jukkah / Druid
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... nis/Jukkah
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? Resto. I’ve raided as resto since the Vanilla and on through playing whatever spec was needed. I play balance to farm and run keys when needed as well but will do whatever the guild needs.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: It’s situational at this point of game play. If I know there is big raid damage coming I try to make sure I have as many rejuvs out as possible and a wild growth. If it’s time for my tranq, like on Conclave I’ll try and get in position to get a few stacks of it ticking before all the damage fully ramped up, cast another WG and then pop flourish. I Like to pop tree and innervate and then regrowth spam where its appropriate as well, or time it so innervate is back up for when I may need tree as I generally try to pop it around 80% mana.
I’ve been slacking on my Lifebloom uptime though and I know I have to work on that.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
As it is now I’m always trying to have at least 1 Autumn leaves, Lively Spirit and Early Harvest for traits with the rest allowing a lot more flexibility. I like the higher crit that I’m running with, although I’d love to trade some for mastery, especially in Mythic+.
I need a bit more Haste for balance just for choice and rotation comfort, but for traits I try and keep 3 streaking stars, though I’m running with two currently.
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character?
My go to is always the patch notes first, then Icy Veins and Wowhead. Youtube of some of the top guilds and players. Logs of my play and compare them to players who are parsing higher in similar comps. Even different ones because so far, I’ve been running with some heal heavy groups and while the numbers won’t be the same, the spell priorities/cast amounts should be, assuming the fights are similar lengths. Cool down timing, etc.
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec?
I like to think I do the little things right. Whether its raid utility or reactions. Not a lot of new mind-blowing mechanics after 14 years of Resto Druid.
I’ve got a lot of free time currently and I leveled each healer to try make sure I understand how they play and how I can best alter my play style as a druid to maximize my play and synergize well. Although, screw Monks right now. God damn revival too strong. My main Alt is a Prot Warrior and has been since Vanilla. Missed out on the first few 4Horsemen Kills on my druid because of the insane tank requirement.
I used to make the joke that the years of Hardcore Raiding before the Army made the Army easier for me. I was already used to being in the right place, at the right time, doing what I needed to do or I was in for not only an ass chewing, but my mistakes had just wasted 39/24 other people’s time, money and materials.
I show up prepared and ready to go. I know how to be vocal and concise and I’m about the team and the guild. I’m not exactly the best at putting myself over in these types of questions but I do all I can to make myself an asset in every way I can.
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid:
- Logs from warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/malganis/Jukkah
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid?
I play on an ASUS ROG Laptop, that while not ancient is getting old. I got it about 5 weeks ago.
Intel i78750H CPU/16 Gigs of Ram, 17.3inch screen. 1TB of memory and between 45-60 FPS during some of the heavier fights.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
Why? You are recruiting a resto druid! And I can make the raid times and your progress to hours played means you are highly efficient and effective and that is something I aspire to be a part of. I know that currently experience I am a little behind, but as I’ve said before I believe I will be an asset. I love the challenge of raising up to the level of those above me, although my ego lets me believe that I can immediately step in and be at the groups level.
As with so many things the only way to get better is to play/do things with those better than you and those who drive you to be better. I thrive in those communities in and outside of the game and would love the opportunity to prove myself.
I’ve known about the guild for years, dating back to … I think early LK at least. I remember Mediocrity constantly trying to see who we were in competition with and I think we were close to you all. Anyway –
I don’t know anyone in Simple Math
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).