Rogue Application!

Baddies
headphonicss

Rogue Application!

Postby headphonicss » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:15 am

Player information:
-Usual playtimes: Oh, they vary. I work in a restaurant, so you know, my schedule changes a lot. I generally have off about 4-5 nights a week, though, so I play mostly evenings. On days off, I play during the afternoon a bit, too.
-Do any others have access to your account: Nope!
-How long have you played WoW: Roughly since release. I picked up the game in late January, so a couple months after it came out.
-Endgame experience: I have a fair amount of this. The first character I rolled was an alliance druid, and I fully cleared ZG, AQ20, MC, and BWL with him countless times. Additionally, I've farmed everything up to C'Thun in AQ40 quite a bit, and have downed Anub'Rekhan and Instructor Razuvious in Naxx. As far as experience as a rogue, I also had an alliance rogue alt (in the same guild) who I've been through all of ZG, AQ20, MC, and a bit of BWL (whenever they'd let me bring my alt because of lack of rogues or some such) on. And as for this character, she's just cleared ZG, AQ20, and MC up to Rag.

Character Information:
-Name: Headphonics
-Race: Undead
-Class: Rogue
-Level: 60
-Professions: Engineering/mining
-Talent Spec, are you willing to respec?: I'm 18/33 combat swords. As for whether I'm willing to respec, I guess I am, but I'd prefer not to. Combat swords does pretty excellent PVE DPS, and I've come to like it in PVP as well (though I didn't at first). I've only semi-recently respecced to it, from SF daggers (lobo/CHT combo), though, so I'd rather keep the spec for a while. SF daggers is great, and does decent damage in PVE and has awesome burst potential for PVP, but I found myself growing tired of the heavy dependence upon positioning/crit that any BS build comes with, both for endgame PVP and raiding. Chasing after a lava surger trying to backstab while people in the raid play ping pong with its aggro gets tiresome.
-Attunements: MC, Onyxia, BWL.
-Gear information, detailed: http://ctprofiles.net/3325838. It's not too shabby. Nothing top-notch, but not bad. I've got pretty good weapons, 3/8 NS, and Don Julio's. The rest are pretty decent endgame blues, aside from the Rune of the Guard Captain, which I think is a really nice raiding trinket (or at least, superior to the rogue DM trinket in fights where heavy FR isn't required).
-Amount of FR: 125 unbuffed, in my FR gear. I'm still lightweight working on it, and could hit more, though. I need a belt, cloak, and maybe bracers with FR on them.
-Current and Highest PvP Rank on this character: I'm rank 2 now, after a bit of a DK spree, but I was rank 8 before.
-Prior guild(s) on this server and the reasons for leaving: None, I'm a transfer and this is the first guild I've applied to.

Other Information:
-Alts on this server, and their name/level: None, yet!
-Out of game contact information: My AIM is papertowel junky (terrible name, but it's old!). I'm usually on, even if I'm idle.
-Why Simple Math?: Well, I started off looking for a raiding guild (obviously), but one that did a fair amount of PVP, since that's arguably my favorite part of the game, and one that wasn't too far into endgame yet (preferably still in MC). So, with those prerequisites, I set out looking for my kind of guild. I found your website, checked the forums, and lurked about for a bit. All of what I saw is pretty cool and seems to be a match for what type of person/player I am, so I chose to apply. I place a friendly, casual environment above pretty much all else, as it's what my last raiding guild was like, despite its progress (most high endgame guilds aren't like them at all), and it really made playing the game a lot more fun. I've been in hardcore raiding guilds before, and it's just not my shebang. Too stressful and all that jazz. So yeah, basically, I was looking for a guild, found yours, snooped around a bit, and liked what I saw a lot. It definitely seems like my type of guild.
-Who referred you?: I spoke to Nehraxus ingame for a bit on a level 1 alt on Andorhal, before applying here. So him, I guess. Initially, I just happened upon your website when checking out whether Andorhal would be a decent server to transfer to, though.
-Anything else you feel we should know about you?: Nothing that I can think of!
-Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MSPaint: http://panda.whahay.net/images/misleadingadvernsitisn.png. It's a bit fevered, I know, but I guess that's how I roll.

Tyrfang
User

Postby Tyrfang » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:30 am

yes.

Medula
User

Postby Medula » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 pm

I just have to say that this is a very well written app.

You had me at, "Chasing after a lava surger trying to backstab while people in the raid play ping pong with its aggro gets tiresome." Except that it's actually the mother fucking Annihilators, but yea, I feel that pain.

Racial

Postby Racial » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:26 pm

your ms paint picture disturbs me more than entertains me i think

headphonicss

Postby headphonicss » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:48 am

Going to bump this with something of an update, as well as a hopeful request for another reply or two (mainly since no officers or the person in charge of rogue recruitment seemed to show any interest in the application). I'm interested in my prospects of actually getting in, since when I talked to Nehraxus ingame, he just said they review all applications and would keep an eye out for mine.

Anyway, up until now I'd been hesitant to transfer before I got even a remote sign that I might get into the guild, but after becoming bored of waiting/playing it cautiously, I went ahead and transferred my character over tonight. It'll take a day or two for the process to go through and be validated and all that jazz, but after that, I'll be on Andorhal. Hopefully then I'll get a chance to talk with someone about seriously joining, or even better, before then.

But yeah, that's all I've got for now. Thanks.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:40 am

I had thought you had already transferred and had been /whoing you. Send me a tell ingame.

Tyrfang
User

Postby Tyrfang » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:14 am

Come on down

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:12 am

weirdo!!

Mandrill

Postby Mandrill » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:45 am

Welcome!

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”