Postby Oyohusa » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:06 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 33, USA
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW:
since Vanilla
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed
All of Vanilla content. All of BC content. All of WOTLK content. Half of MOP. HFC in WOD. Everything except Mythic EN in Legion.
Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Oyohusaunula, Druid
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/u ... ula/simple
- Race & why you chose it:
Tauren. Only option when I made it.
- Professions and why you choose them:
Alchemy and Herbalist. I feel it's the best choices for druid.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
As often as needed.
This expansion I have mostly focused on Guardian.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
I focus on Vers>=Mastery, Haste and avoidance. for Guardian. I have not really focused on my off specs, except for artifact points.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Single target = Moon-fire, Mangle, Thrash, Iron-Fur / Mark. Apply another Moon-fire on proc to generate max rage. I use other cd's to reduce damage taken depending on what happens from moment to moment. I am very good with my rotations and have a strong sense of awareness when using cds.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Retrospect-Ursin. Guild transfered
Teh-Slax-Ursin Mostly fell apart after awhile.
Restless Vengeance. Still in it.
Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):
I do not have a raid SS of this. I was talking to the guild leader while filling this out. I use a basic layout that has always served me well. I use DBM,Atlas Loot, Pawn, Auctioneer, Gladius. That is pretty much it. I am an older player that used to do 40 man raids without voice or addons.
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: I do not have that data at this time. I have not used this before. Also I normally heal or tank. I do not have good dps experience.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
You guys/ladies have been around for awhile. You seem like the best guild out there for our servers. I think of myself as a good player and deserve to be apart of a good guild.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Intel Core i7-5820k CPU @ 3.30 GHz. 16.0 GB memory. Geforce GTX 770 OC, Not sure. I do not have any issues.
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
I did this to New York City. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5748430087 pingtest.net = Image
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
I do not have MS Paint.

Jake
User

Re: Oyohusaunula, Application

Postby Jake » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:40 am

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the application. We didn't want to leave you hanging with no response. We'll be reviewing everything you've posted and get back with you soon. :)

Jake
User

Postby Jake » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:21 pm

If you wouldn't mind, please explain how you research your class. Please give us an idea on your ability or willingness to play other specs/roles/classes than what you currently play. Thanks!

Oyohusa
User

Postby Oyohusa » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:14 pm

I research my class by checking many sources about the current state of that class. For example, I will look at Icy-veins and read everything it has to offer. I then check the class forums and get a good idea on how people feel about the class. I look at player profiles to see how they are choosing to gear/ spec into the class they are playing. I use sims and other data resources to find out which stats are best and what breaking points they have. I watch videos on very popular players of that class. I played a resto druid for over 6 years. I constantly researched and theory crafted new ways to play it.

I can play any class in the game. If given some time to research, setup and execute. I have played many other class/ specs but druid has always been my first love. I feel that WOW has been watered down considerably and easier to play than ever before. It's really all about mechanics and execution. It would be hard to describe my ability or willingness to play other specs, roles and classes. Over the years, one just gains something that can not be looked up on a website or watched in a video. You just can feel what is right and what is wrong. Experience really is the best teacher.

Jake
User

Postby Jake » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:15 pm

Thank you for your response! The officers will be reviewing this information over the next few days. :)

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:41 am

Oyohusa wrote:- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
I do not have MS Paint.

press win+r, type mspaint, then press enter.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Oyohusa
User

Postby Oyohusa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:50 pm

simple math paint picture..png

Oyohusa
User

Postby Oyohusa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:51 pm

I messed up on my A ,sorry

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:52 pm

Oyohusa wrote:I messed up on my A ,sorry

you shouldn't have said that, i thought it was a pun.

hollow-ween
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Oyohusa
User

Postby Oyohusa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:40 pm

maybe sub consciously I meant it as a pun. Does this mean I failed?

Raelorn
User

Postby Raelorn » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:37 pm

for what its worth, I raided with him back in the day

old fag stamp of approval

Coffinz
User

Postby Coffinz » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:56 pm

Versatility is a very meh stat for Guardian Druids. Why are you focusing so much on Vers when it is not even close to the best stat?

For 5 mans and Heroic Raiding and on down Haste is our best stat and Mastery becomes the best stat the harder you get hit meaning you should be strictly focusing on Mastery and Haste as a second stat for Mythic.

Oyohusa
User

Postby Oyohusa » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:37 pm

It's simply just a matter of math when it comes to why versatility over takes mastery. This is backed up by crunching the numbers using sims. This information is discussed and found on multiple websites. I am not very good at explaining things through text. However, I will try my best.

Mastery got hit with the Nerf bat, right before legion came out by like 50%. The attack power was left alone but the health/ healing was hit very hard. Making Mastery much weaker as a stat for guardians. If that change had not happened, mastery would be worth way more than versatility and we would both be in agreement. However, Versatility is the superior stat after mastery hits a soft cap. After this point the value given to guardian is so low that it's not worth stacking anymore and versatility greatly over takes it. Lets say I had 6,000 mastery and it would give me 12% more health and healing received. It would also give me 25% extra attack power. Now lets say I have 5,000 versatility and it would give me 12.50% more damage and healing done. On top of this it would give me a 6.25% reduction in all damage taken. Even at 9,000 mastery it would only increase my overall health by 4% and give me an extra 7% attack power. So at 4 million health that is only an extra 160,000 health. This is one of the reasons we take the artifact stamina buff into +3% stamina last.

I would like to point out that moonfire procs is one of the best rage / damage generators we have as guardian. Versatility increases that damage, not mastery. Also after the recent nerf to heavy hide, makes versatility even more important than before. We lost 4% damage reduction from all sources. Which means Blizzard almost nerfed it by half because it was originally at 10%. Versatility fills that gap. So as you can see Versatility is by far our best stat after mastery hits a cap. I did not forget about haste. It is important to stack haste after mastery is soft capped. You do not value it over versatility. This is why the correct stat priority is as follows. Versatility>=Mastery>Haste>Crit. I would like to have more haste but as you know RNG on loot is a pain in the ass.

I would like to make known that at no point during this reply was I trying to be rude or condescending. Also, please forgive my terrible grammar. So after doing a large amount of research and studying the data, I have come to a very different conclusion. I would love to have a voice conversation with you over this topic. Thank you very much for asking the question you did. You gave me a chance to explain myself instead of just thinking I'm a bad player. I respect your maturity.

Coffinz
User

Postby Coffinz » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:35 am

I understand that you are not being combative or rude. I still have to disagree with you about Mastery being bad. Versatility looks great on paper and as far as sims are concerned. But when it comes to Vers and Mastery being utilized in a raid environment Vers does not work out very well for a bear in comparison to Mastery. The reason is because I have 4.9 Million health as a bear right now. This is about 1.4-1.7 million more health than any other tank. The reason bears Mastery buffs healing overall is because of the large health pool and the increased damage we take over any other tank.

We have a larger health pool and due to this we have to receive increased healing to maintain the competitiveness with the other tanks and not be a detriment to the raid and especially the healers. Again Vers looks great on paper and in Sims and as far as a flat damage done and damage taken it will continue to look great...UNTIL you get into a Mythic Environment where there is real tank damage like Ursoc and the healers fall behind on you and will not be able to pick you up to max health without multiple healers or cooldowns being used.

I use Mastery and so does all of the following druids who are all from top end guilds in the world. if you ever have any questions about what you should be using always look at other druids from the top guilds and see what they are doing. If the majority are doing this then chances are you should be also.

http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu ... Justwaitdr
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu ... ll/Scobomb
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu ... bsoslootly
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu ... ther/Teggu
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/sargeras/Tetux
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu ... im/Nemurie
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us ... /Rizzybear
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us ... Cashmauler

Also I would be happy to talk with you in Mumble at some point soon.

Coffins#1147

Oyohusa
User

Postby Oyohusa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:17 pm

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I also would enjoy talking with you in Mumble sometime soon.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”