User

Traia 702 Holy/Disc Priest

Postby Traia » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:03 am

Player information:
- Age & Location:
27 Years Old, current resident of the State of New Jersey

- Number of Testicles:
Two

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?
Yes, have both the old key-fab version, and the smart phone app.

- How long have you played WoW:
A rough guess would be 7 1/2 years, most of BC, most of WoTLK, a bit of Cata, around a year in MoP and all of WoD untill now.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
BC:
All of T4; All of T5 minus kael/vashj; 5/5 MH 9/9 BT, 2/6 Sunwell Pre - 3.0

WoTLK:
10 Man Undying; the majority of the original 10/25 man glories minus Immortal; 10/25 Man Ulduar Glories; 45 Attempt 10 man ToGC; Some ICC heroics, not many.

Nothing in Cata of note

MoP:
10 man Cutting Edge in Siege pre 6.0 with glory meta achievement and full golds on CM's

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:
Traia, Priest

- Link to Battle.net Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... aia/simple

- Race & why you chose it:
Currently Draenei due to the stat boost, would more then likely be troll upon faction transfer due to beserking, or blood elf due to extra mana and the interrupt.

- Professions and why you choose them:
Currently Enchant/Tailoring. Originally chose them because they were the easiest to level while leveling my priest, while still giving a tangible stat boost for raiding.

I kept them after the profession changes due to the fact the enchanting is the most convenient, and tailoring provided crafted gear that I used for quite a while.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Main Spec: Holy
Off Spec: Disc

I only played disc in progression on Mythic Iron Maidens due to the viablity of double disc to mitigate the bosses' targeted abilities. I'm fair at playing disc in a normal raid, but the lack of a mythic weapon suited for disc somewhat holds it back.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
Holy:
Holy's most valuable stat, minus intellect, is multistrike. It's leaps and bounds ahead of all other secondary stats, assuming a comfortable amount of spirit. As such all gear slots are chosen generally upon availability of multistrike or not, all gems slots are multistrike, and all enchants follow suit. With the change to haste, there are no haste breakpoints to be had. Past multistrike, with current 4 piece haste and mastery have an almost equal value, with critical strike further down, and versatility almost worthless.

Disc:
Instead of multistrike, disc values mastery. It directly increases the value of their absorbs, generally 50% or more of their healing done is absorbs, so its an easy choice. Spirit is far less of a concern, most discs run 1 if not 2 complete through put trinkets. After mastery, the order is crit/multistrike, haste falling behind, then versatility.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
The way I prefer to play holy is as a full raid healer. You sit almost exclusively in Sanctuary chakra, pumping out as many renews in between GCD's as you can. Prayer of Mending has to be cast on CD, generally targeting the current tank to guarantee the first jump. You have to be extremely judicious with Circle of Healing, if there isn't enough damaged targets, it's doing less effective healing then the targeted renews you could have fit in, in that GCD.

Due to the extreme mana cost and cast time, Prayer of Healing should only be used with 2 stack serendipity from the 4 piece procs. Lightwell should be cast approximately 30 seconds before the pull if proper positioning is possible, and then on CD from then on. Divine Hymn should be used to cover massive raid damage, and is usually controlled by the raid leader.

Holy Word: Sanctuary is completely worthless and should never be cast. I've found that Guardian Spirit is essentially a battle res of sorts. Its so rarely used as a tank cooldown, that I've gotten into the practice of just using it on people who take a large spike of damage, while everyone else is casting a heal on the person putting up guardian is insurance, if it procs then it saves them, if it doesn't then the person it topped up quickly and no harm done.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Guiles Theme Song; Magtheridon: Guild broke up shortly after killing Hans and Franz on Mythic

Fierce; Aerie Peak: GM/Raid Leader is extremely loud, and derogatory toward everyone in the raid.

Vulgar; Sargeras: an extremely long and drama filled tale that I would be happy to tell if you want, tl;dr had a few bad apples in the guild that the officers promised would be removed, it went on and on, and eventually came to a head that caused a number of people to leave.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):
http://imgur.com/KB7gLUq

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:
All of my mythic parses are for some reason, now private

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... st/#boss=0

That's a link to a few heroic parses that I had, but are largely irrelevant since they were on sale runs that we were done on over geared characters.

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
I was contacted by grouch in response to my post on the guild recruitment forums.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Intel I7 processor, 8 GB of RAM with a NVIDIA GT 450 GPU, I run at 60 fps during raids with ping sitting between 50-75

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4412644231

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
http://imgur.com/VpDcOk4

Stormingire
User

Re: Traia 702 Holy/Disc Priest

Postby Stormingire » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:26 am

Very impressive app. The fact that you seem both confident and knowledge about holy is a definite plus to me, We will definitely get back to you soon.

crow
User

Postby crow » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:46 pm

Vulgar, eh? But seriously, your app is damn impressive, and (hopefully) I look forward to raiding with you.

Nachthymnen
User

Postby Nachthymnen » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:47 pm

Will you be available for a Mumble interview Monday evening?

Traia
User

Postby Traia » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Nachthymnen wrote:Will you be available for a Mumble interview Monday evening?

yeah, whenever is convenient for you

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:00 pm

Are you available Monday at 9 pm est for a mumble chat?
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

Traia
User

Postby Traia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:10 pm

Copia wrote:Are you available Monday at 9 pm est for a mumble chat?

shouldn't be an issue, see you then

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:17 pm

Great thanks!
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”