User

Beatrixkido, Elemental Shaman

Postby Brosephine » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:38 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 24
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: Just over two years
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): 14/14H SoO Pre-nerf 7/7M HM and 9/10M BRF on my shaman, 6/10M on my mage

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Beatrixkido, Elemental Shaman
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... o/advanced
- Race & why you chose it:
Troll, chose it back in MoP, while the Berserking haste buff isn't what it used to be I still like it all the same
- Professions and why you choose them:
Blacksmith/Jewelcrafter. Again, MoP decision, adding sockets/crafting better gems was insane. Nowadays they are just an income source more than anything, though being able to craft epic gems in 6.2 will be really nice

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Resto Shaman, I healed through most of SoO Heroics, healed again in HM for a bit while my guild found replacement healers. The last time I healed was about a month or two ago on some of the Mythic bosses since yet again; we were short on healers :(

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
My gear set isn't 100% optimal but it does the job, currently Elemental Shaman favor Multistrike and I take it wherever I can. Blizzard hasnt left much wiggle room in terms of gear, for the most part it's very homogenized and BiS is apparent from a mile away. While in the past Mastery was king unfortunately now Multi/Crit/Haste just scale so much better - even for our new Molten Earth passive.

My resto gear is more or less made up of the same gear my elemental has. I swap out trinkets, currently I only have Everburning Candle and GSR for my healing spec. I like Haste/Mastery for resto and most of my gear has a good deal of it so overall things arent too bad in that regard

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Elemental doesn't really have a rotation per se, more or less it's a priority system. The opener would more or less go something like;

3s on pull timer, Unleash Flame, put down searing totem Flame shock>Ascendance+trinkets/Berserking and spam Lava Burst.

Outside of that you maintain as close to 100% uptime on Searing Totem/Flame shock, cast lava burst and use lightning bolt as filler. With the current 4p bonus ideally you are clearing fulmination stacks at ~12 stacks for Lava Surge proc.
Outside of that there are some difference with respects to talent choices. If you have UF you want to have as high of an uptime as possible while using it befor Lava bursts. Beyond that the only consideration I would make is regarding Elemental totems, for single target I usually run Storm Ele and use that on CD with Lust with Fire Elemental coming up .

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
I would say that the bulk of my WoW "Career" has revolved around the guild Grey Eminence, I first met the dudes/became good friends with the dudes in GE about a year ago. They are good friends and we took the dive in jumping to 20 Man Mythics. The guild appealed to me because I wanted to get in on something new/fresh and have some part in making it successful. I helped lead that guild to 6/7M HM and 5/10M BRF, unfortunately like most 10M guilds jumping to 20M we had roster issues/failed attendance and we called it quits. We split amicably and I went to Legacy Reborn.

I'm not sure how to describe my feelings raiding with them, the raid environment is quiet for the most part, and that's fine but there isn't much of a sense of camaraderie. It might be due to the fact that WoD has lead a lot of guilds through ups and down, Legacy Reborn is no exception. To my knowledge they have various people leaving/losing interest and are recruiting to fill gaps in the roster; again - that is fine but long term it makes me feel cautious as to their stability. I understand people come and go but after the 3-4 Months of turnover my guild went through I just want to feel confident that I can show up to raid and there are no ifs and/or buts regarding who is showing up.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID): http://i.imgur.com/TyQGxxF.jpg
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... est#boss=0
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
I like what you guys had to say on the About page here. I want to raid and kill bosses at a solid rate, it's the single best thing worth doing in this game. Most of my best friends have quit raiding to pursue other endeavors and so I'm kind of left looking for a guild on my own; looking to make new friends that help me step up my game. You guys show stability and that's another huge plus.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
i7 3770k, EVGA GTX980 GPU on a Sabertooth Z77 Mobo. I dont normallI doubt you guys need specifics about PSUs/HDDs/peripherals cooling and all that so I will spare you :p
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4407695293
http://www.pingtest.net/result/124408113.png
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
http://i.imgur.com/Sm328MT.png

Brosephine
User

Re: Beatrixkido, Elemental Shaman

Postby Brosephine » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:28 am

Not sure if I'm lacking common sense or if there isn't an edit post button, but to add to the whole "age/location" deal, I live in that good ol Golden State; California.

-Vick

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:20 am

Brochini wrote:Not sure if I'm lacking common sense or if there isn't an edit post button, but to add to the whole "age/location" deal, I live in that good ol Golden State; California.

-Vick

no you're right, non-members can't edit posts in the application forum (this is on purpose).
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:15 am

I am sure there will some questions but lets schedule a mumble interview for Sunday or Monday.
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

Rude
User

Postby Rude » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:29 pm

Did you have a chance to watch the recent FinalBoss episode on Elemental Shaman? What was your takeaway? What did you learn? What did you already know?
[12:18] [G] [Carbonlight]: is a fleshlight the "plug" or the "socket"?

Brosephine
User

Postby Brosephine » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:23 pm

Copia wrote:I am sure there will some questions but lets schedule a mumble interview for Sunday or Monday.

Sounds good chief, I'm good to go any day of the week to be honest, just drop me a message on Bnet with specifics and we will get stuff sorted.

Rude wrote:Did you have a chance to watch the recent FinalBoss episode on Elemental Shaman? What was your takeaway? What did you learn? What did you already know?

I was hyped on it since the week before the Ele show. I saw Bay was broadcasting the Prot Warrior episode w/ up next being Ele I was really stoked. I figured it would be interesting to see Bink's point of view in real time, at the time the 2nd guest had yet to have been named but it was nice to see Tek get into the mix too (Mind you I think it's pretty sad to see guys like Tek/Leeds and a few others moving away from the class)

I think most of the things they said were readily apparent from the get go. I think one of the few things that caught me off guard was Tek coming right out and saying that Elemental Shaman had a much more justifiable position in a raid in HM/BRF than SoO. The other thing I guess was hearing about Elemental vs Hunters with regard to gearing; obviously multistrike is our bread and butter with crit/haste simming pretty close behind and vers/mastery a ways back. Hearing about how hunters can pick up most mail gear and have it be a solid upgrade made me pretty jelly.

Most of the concerns regarding AE damage vs Fire mage/Demo Lock/Warr etc. were addressed along with EQ taking multiple casts to actually be worth casting. I like that since then they have changed around the T18 set bonuses, the change to multistrike recently posted was interesting as well - I know it was technically meant to be a multistrike nerf to prevent capping early etc. I logged on to PTR and compared vs live stats and the multistrike percentage was exactly alike.

Not sure if that's a satisfactory answer but there was a pretty damn wide range of topics covered, if you want to talk about it Sunday or something I'd be more than open to it ;)

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”