Varies, but anytime from 6:30pm to 1:00am EST

- Number of Testicles:

1 .. 2 .. 5?

- Can you attend raids on these days:

-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Sunday: Yes

- Do any others have access to your account?

No

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator?

Yes

- How long have you played WoW:

Since 1.6, the patch that introduced Blackwing Lair

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

I have cleared all content while relevant, EXCEPT for Naxx40 and MV/HoF/TES (Nurfed hated Druids)

I have cleared up to 10/14H in SoO, which is pretty terrible now... but for reference, I killed Heroic Spoils on Oct 14th while <Simple Math> killed it on Oct 17th...

Character Information:

- Name, & Class:

Svefn, Druid

- Race & why did you choose it:

Tauren, sentimental reasons. I've always been Tauren. (I can race change if needed)

- Link to Battle.net Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Svefn/advanced

- Can you describe the ruckus?

You mean Rufus? I know that guy!

- Professions and why did you choose them:

Alchemy & Jewelcrafting

I've been Alchemy since Classic and Jewelcrafting since the Burning Crusade. They are both great professions.
Although, as a profession completionist, there is no way I'd ever drop them.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?

Resto & Balance.

I play around with Balance casually and occasionally switch to Feral. Although, I haven't played DPS in a real raid since Heroic Lich King 10m (Feral) and Naxx25 (Balance). Usually, when a healer has to switch to DPS, someone else is really itching to play DPS, so I let them.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:

Well, the first thing is the 13k Haste breakpoint. I'm still using 4pc from last tier, mainly because I'm nice. I let everyone else grab their 4pc, and I usually prefer to switch after I get Heroic 4pc.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:

It's pretty much cookie cutter.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?

Well, there really isn't that much variety... but usually I keep LB on tanks, maintain Harmony uptime, WG as much as possible (usually on melee), Rejuv the hell outta the raid, and Genesis when appropriate.

Talent-wise, at the moment I'm loving the combination of Soul of the Forest+Wild Growth and Nature's Vigil+Tranq (and on CD otherwise).

I haven't checked top logs recently, but I usually try to spot subtle tips to push HPS.

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):

I only PvP casually.

I got to Champion on my Warlock in Classic and I used to carry friends/alts to weapons in Arena (although, that was boring). I do like running BGs / RBGs though.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

1.6-2.1 <Blood Requiem> on Stonemaul: Guild disbanded

2.1-3.1 <Limbo> on Gorefiend: GM was basically Troxed. Friends left, I followed.

3.1-4.0 <Damage Networks> on Gorefiend: Guild disbanded

4.0-4.2 <Something Novel> on Blackrock: Guild disbanded

4.2-5.2 <Nurfed> on Tichondrius: Druids sucked in T14, sitting sucked.

5.2-5.3 <Falled II> on Tichondrius: Guild disbanded

Other Information:

- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd35/urbummed/WoWScrnShot_102113_184811.jpg~original

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):

All the logs for <Fallen II> are gone. Here are some screenshots of some of them though.

These were from Oct 1st.

Thok: http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd35/urbummed/ThoktheBloodthirsty.png~original
Iron Juggernaut & Sha: http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd35/urbummed/IronJuggernaut.png~original
Galakras: http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd35/urbummed/Galakras.png~original

- Alts & their name/level:

All my alts are in <Something Nurfed>

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/tichondrius/Something_Nurfed/roster?character=deyja&sort=rank&dir=a

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):

AIM: nhy of sublevels

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:

Pretty sure Grouch saw my forum post in the Guild Recruitment section of the WoW forums.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?

Perfect raid times.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card?

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz, 4GB RAM, GTX 260

Yeah, I need to build a new comp. I plan on building one soon(tm).

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

Time Warner Cable.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3387321711

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

I'm pretty proud of my ability to paint.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

Mooby
User

Re: Svefn 563 Resto Druid

Postby Mooby » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:04 am

Do you have a raid bucket for IBS and / or a 'great personality'?
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

Rude
User

Postby Rude » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:41 am

can you host your ms paint on a real site
[12:18] [G] [Carbonlight]: is a fleshlight the "plug" or the "socket"?

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:12 am

I know that it's a bit annoying, but I'd ask you to try and get some current logs from.. something. What you have isn't bad at all though.

4.2-5.2 <Nurfed> on Tichondrius: Druids sucked in T14, sitting sucked.

I'm assuming Nurfed sat you an excessive amount of time during T14, but I do need to ask if you're okay with mild sitting for the good of progression. IE: for Garrosh we ended up running with the same comp with limited swapping since the fight was pretty unforgiving. Having raided in a guild like Nurfed, I'm sure you understand those things. Assuming that it's reasonable, are you willing to sit for the good of progression? Ideally, this never happens and has only happened once or twice since I've been here,

I play around with Balance casually and occasionally switch to Feral. Although, I haven't played DPS in a real raid since Heroic Lich King 10m (Feral) and Naxx25 (Balance). Usually, when a healer has to switch to DPS, someone else is really itching to play DPS, so I let them.

Would you be willing to get up to snuff for DPSing? It's not a requirement but it's certainly good. I think we turned our resto druid into a boomkin this tier. >_>

Anyways, other than that, your armory looks good and I've heard good things about you from a few people, so I'll leave the rest up to everyone else.

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:14 am

Actually, the only thing I would add to my questions issss:

Well, the first thing is the 13k Haste breakpoint. I'm still using 4pc from last tier, mainly because I'm nice. I let everyone else grab their 4pc, and I usually prefer to switch after I get Heroic 4pc.

could you go into more detail about your stat priority? Why the 13k haste breakpoint? Are there better options, etc? I'd like to see your reasoning for it.

svefn
User

Postby svefn » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:33 am

Rude wrote:can you host your ms paint on a real site

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd35/urbummed/nofun.png~original

Mist wrote:I know that it's a bit annoying, but I'd ask you to try and get some current logs from.. something.

I'll see what I can do. Someone should be doing alt raids this weekend. <Nurfed> has stopped raiding, and some friends have actually been helping other friends with raiding, so I can try to squeeze into a raid with them if possible.

Mist wrote:I'm assuming Nurfed sat you an excessive amount of time during T14, but I do need to ask if you're okay with mild sitting for the good of progression. IE: for Garrosh we ended up running with the same comp with limited swapping since the fight was pretty unforgiving. Having raided in a guild like Nurfed, I'm sure you understand those things. Assuming that it's reasonable, are you willing to sit for the good of progression? Ideally, this never happens and has only happened once or twice since I've been here,

I suppose I should have explained myself better. Yes, it was certainly excessive. I do not mind sitting. I know that some encounters require certain setups and that you usually want to maintain the same set of people that will lead to kills, but it went beyond that in <Nurfed> for that tier.

Afaik, the parting was amicable. They really felt that Druids were terrible that tier and simply did not want to use one.

Mist wrote:Would you be willing to get up to snuff for DPSing? It's not a requirement but it's certainly good. I think we turned our resto druid into a boomkin this tier. >_>

Yeah, I don't mind. I've just been used to raiding with some healers who jump at the opportunity to DPS, and I like the challenge when we try to drop down to less healers for raids.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:28 am

Svefn. Thanks for applying. Would you be available to chat this Sunday?
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

svefn
User

Postby svefn » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:52 am

Mist wrote:Actually, the only thing I would add to my questions issss:

Could you go into more detail about your stat priority? Why the 13k haste breakpoint? Are there better options, etc? I'd like to see your reasoning for it.

Well, I do know that some Druids were using a lower haste breakpoint while maxing out mastery, but I always favored the 13k haste breakpoint instead for the extra rejuvenation tick.

The bulk of our healing should be from rejuvenation (blanket rejuv and genesis). To me, this makes the 13k haste breakpoint the best option, although I'm always up for hearing arguments against it.

ATM, I know everyone is doing it. Although, I'm not so stubborn as to take refuge in the false security of consensus. I remember when <Damage Networks> disbanded and some guildies joined <Enigma> early in Cata. When I applied, their Resto Druid asked why I was re-forging out of spirit and into throughput, that it was stupid. A couple months later, everyone was doing it.

Copia wrote:Svefn. Thanks for applying. Would you be available to chat this Sunday?

Yup.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:53 am

svefn wrote:South Texas

my condolences.

svefn wrote:- Number of Testicles:

1 .. 2 .. 5?

instantly accepted.

svefn wrote:- Race & why did you choose it:

Tauren, sentimental reasons. I've always been Tauren. (I can race change if needed)

we don't require it but it certainly wouldn't hurt to consider the change after seeing WoD racials.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:40 pm

Does 9pm est work? If so contact a member in game for the mumble info.
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”