Startropic
User

Startropic 572 WW Monk

Postby Startropic » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:59 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location:
I'm 32 and live in Fargo, N.D.

- Usual Play Times (Server Time):
I don't have a set time except for raid times, so I'll be on anytime before or after those times.

- Number of Testicles:
Last I checked, two still.

- Can you attend raids on these days:

-- Monday: Yes

-- Tuesday: Yes

-- Wednesday: Yes

-- Sunday: Yes

- Do any others have access to your account?
No one else does, seeing as no family or significant other atm.

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why?
Yes - After I got hacked in WotLK i got one that week and never play without it.

- How long have you played WoW:
Since the middle of Burning Crusade, 2008-2009ish?

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
BC and WotLK I never really did much serious raiding, mostly small stuff with guilds or pugs.

Cata:

Tier 11: Cleared 2/13h on Pally healer

Tier 12: Cleared 6/7h on shaman Enhance

Tier 13: Cleared 8/8h on 10% nerf i think?

MoP:

Tier 14: Cleared 13/16h

Tier 15: I took a break during this time, so I never raided ToT before 5.4 came out.

Tier 16: 11/14h currently.

Character Information:

- Name, & Class:
Startropic - Monk

- Race & why did you choose it:
Pandaren - The 2x food buff, plus female got the curves.

- Link to Battle.net Armory:
Startropic

- Can you describe the ruckus?
Not sure what meaning of ruckus you want? I'm an 80's baby and I only know that ruckus is like causing a scene and such.

- Professions and why did you choose them:
Engineering and Blacksmithing - Engi for the Springs, Speed Boost, and Glider and Blacksmithing for the extra sockets.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Currently WW with BrM off-spec. I was tanking up to recently, and I haven't touched MW since tier 14.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:

WW - Mainly looking for pieces with Haste/Crit as Hit/Exp cap>Agi>Haste (So far seems 12k+)>Crit>Mastery.
BrM - Was running Crit build so was looking at crit/mastery pieces gemming pure crit. Hit/exp cap>crit>mastery.haste.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:

WW - Main one is Glyph of Karma for the range and Zen Med so I can move with it. Others are fight dependent.
BrM - Glyph of Enduring Spheres so my little green apple balls stay longer when I need them. Glyph of Fortifying Brew so I can have extra damage reduction. Third was fight dependent again.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Before Pull - Try to have 3+ Chi with Expel Harm

Count Down - Pre-Pot, Expel Harm if needed for the Chi

Boss - Xuen (If I have him)>RSK>Tiger Palm>Chi Brew 2x>Tiger Brew if at 8+>if not then Blackout 2x then Tiger Brew (Can be weird depending on mastery procs from Chi Brew). Then it's RSK>keep TP up>Jab for chi>use any Combo Breaker procs>Blackout>Chi Wave.

FoF - This thing...if it didn't root you you could get more out of this, but basically the conditions of it are:: RSK, Energizing Brew both on CD, can use without moving for 3 seconds and are not going to cap energy. Against anything with adds, forget it.

Energizing Brew I try to use on CD since I have the AoC trinket (Haromm hates me so much, I've never had any version of it.) as long as it's not during lust.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
I'm not a serious PvP'er, 1600's is my highest on anything in arena or BGs. If I had serious partners, maybe I'd try to get better at it.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

Neolutum 10m (Turalyon) - Joined them as DPS/3rd Tank for Shamans and did alright for about a month before the two main tanks decided to just up and leave. That left me as the only other tank that could do heroics and it would take a month or more of normals to gear up an old guildie that wanted to tank again (Was good, had no gear). I didn't want to step back on progression, so I looked elsewere.

Standard Deviation (Blackrock) - Joined them about a month ago as trial tank. Things seemed fine, everyone liked me, i wasn't terribad and the only thing I got was that I needed to be more "vocal" about calling my own tank CDs. I helped them get two heroic progression kills within the time I was there and last night right after their H Thok kill I was promptly booted from the guild, mumble and had forum access removed. I had to get the reason why from a guild member that I did stuff with and had on Real ID.

Reason: "You weren't "vocal" enough while raiding. Nothing about CD usage or buff uptimes (Which were all good) or picking up fight strats (I pick stuff up quick). Just about the fucking external tank CD call out. No one would talk to me either about anything else.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
http://imgur.com/X8Ar4V9

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7ds73a09q8ptlqbg/sum/damageDone/?s=3305&e=3562 Quick Flex I did as my other logs are as tank for heroics.

Tank logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/88243/ Should be for the month.

- Alts & their name/level:
Only other 90s I have are:
Startropic (Shaman)
Angryatheist (Warrior)

Other are stuff I was leveling while on the server, nothing of which I'd transfer over.(Can't afford to move more than a couple)

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
Just the email: [email protected]
or Steam: tropicalbliss
I don't have friends or family for twitter or facebook, ect.

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:

Grouch responded to my post on MMO-Champion saying they could use a monk dps. I don't know anyone in SM personally.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?

You guys are competent and seem to get things done during the tier, not after.
Anything else you can ask away, more than willing to answer anything on your mind, just that I'm a bit rusty on doing things from the boss's ass instead of his face, but I'll get back into it within a few days, so things should better than that flex log (Group was kinda derpy).
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?

CPU: AMD FX 8320 8 core 3.5Ghz
RAM: 8 Gigs
Video: Geforce GTX 660ti 2gig

anywhere between 25-40fps depending on fight. Usually when fight started things slow a bit due to all the spell effects, then it's fine. Hasn't been an issue for me yet.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

Running the local cable 50Mbit down and 3Mbit up: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3268357371

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional)

grouch
Admin

Re: Startropic 572 WW Monk

Postby grouch » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:42 pm

i know you're applying as a dps but would you be open to tanking on trick fights such as heroic garrosh?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Mortal
User

Postby Mortal » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:06 pm

grouch wrote:i know you're applying as a dps but would you be open to tanking on trick fights such as heroic garrosh?

"tanking" aka running around the room with minions chasing you

Startropic
User

Postby Startropic » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Stuff like that I wouldn't mind, just don't want to go full time unless something happens to main tanks that week or day.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:45 pm

we aren't looking for a full-time tank, just someone who's able to tank every now and then if needed.
if you never tasted joy

Startropic
User

Postby Startropic » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:57 pm

That would be fine.

Nethron
User

Postby Nethron » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:37 pm

Why are you socketing pure agility? From what I understand, monks favor crit, rather than more agility. I may be wrong, but that's what I've heard.

Valkk
User

Postby Valkk » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:43 pm

Nethron wrote:Why are you socketing pure agility? From what I understand, monks favor crit, rather than more agility. I may be wrong, but that's what I've heard.

That's brewmaster.

Nachthymnen
User

Postby Nachthymnen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:46 pm

Do you use any tools (spreadsheets, sims, or something like that) to make gearing or rotation decisions? If so, what?

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:36 am

would you have some time to chat with us on mumble?
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”