Warlock 564/568

Baddies
Mortal
User

Warlock 564/568

Postby Mortal » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:14 pm

Player information: Brandon, studying Computer Engineering at University of Arizona
- Age & Location: 19, Arizona
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Friday - Wednesday 6MT - 12/1MT, Thursday 8:30MT - 12/1MT
- Number of Testicles: 1.9
- Can you attend raids on these days: Yes
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? No, never felt the need for one.
- How long have you played WoW: Since vanilla.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Cleared ICC 25 Normal, 9 bosses 25 Heroic. Didn't raid much in cataclysm, started raiding again in MoP. Cleared MSV with my old guild but it disbanded a few weeks into HoF. Got back into raiding in SoO cleared 10/14 25 Heroic and am currently 130ish wipes into heroic siegecrafter progression.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Mortalshare - Tichondrius (Brandonepic#1783) Warlock
- Race & why did you choose it: Troll - Berserking, 20% haste, too strong...
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... e/advanced
- Can you describe the ruckus? Not at the moment.
- Professions and why did you choose them: Engineering (Best for dps/ boots for utility), and enchanting (gold making). May drop enchanting and pick up tailoring or herb for increased dps though.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Currently play destro on most fights simply because I am itemized the best for it, and it is siming the highest on single target and AoE for me. On some fights I will play aff, such as fallen protectors, Dark Shaman (sometimes), and Thok. I can play any of the three specs though, but demo is really not viable in my current gear, and aff is fight dependent in my gear, so i mostly play destro.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: I am currently running with the crit build for destruction. The difference between running the haste build and the crit build is very very small at the moment so i've been running the crit build because i think it has more potential (I could expand on this for ever but i'll try and keep it short). Obviously i prioritize mastery first as destruction. As affliction I play the 9778 haste > mastery > haste > crit, because i don't have the gear to run the 13k (ish) haste build yet. Too much of my gear is itemized for destro with crit so I have to play the lower haste build, but it still puts out pretty good dps. For trinkets I use PB/KTT for destro and Wrath/KTT for aff since I can snapshot the 10 stack of Wrath with soulburn soulswap and extend those dots using the soulswap "trick" on most of the fights that I play affliction for.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: There are really no glyphs that increase dps currently for destro/aff, so my glyphs change from fight to fight. For destro i mostly run with siphon life, Eternal resolve, and healthstone. For aff i use generally the same, but they are really changing from fight to fight as most of the glyphs are survival based.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? Well as a warlock it's MUCH more complex than just a standard rotation. I can give you a quick glimpse at how I dps but i'd need to talk to someone in vent or actually show someone to explain how I dps. For destro my opener (single target) goes, Potion Precast Incenerate, Immolate, DMG macro (DS, Ber, Eng gloves...etc), conflag x2, incenerate x4, chaos bolt x2, immolate. This is currently the best opener for destro in almost any situation. With the troll racial i am able to get off my last chaos bolt before my KTT trinket proc wears off and then if we lust on pull its even better. After the opener I keep immolate up, refreshing if i need to as i get procs, keep conflag on cooldown, chaos bolt with procs, and use incenerate as a filler, below 20% just replace chaos bolt with shadowburn. I am currently experimenting with rain of fire on single target to see if it is a dps increase to drop rain when i get haste procs but i'm still doing the testing with sim and real application so i'll have to report back on that. This is the single target rotation with destro, for more than 1 target it gets more complex. For afflication my opener goes. potion, precast Haunt, pop DMG macro, Soulburn soulswap, MG, soulburn soulswap, MGx2(ish), soulburn soulswap as cooldowns are about to wear off, cross fingers for a nightfall proc and then re apply haunt. If a 20 second pull timer is used I can get 5 shards in the opener by using soulburn before the fight starts to ensure i get that last haunt off. after that i just keep refreshing dots as needed with trinket procs and MG as a filler. For multi target on aff I would have to speak with someone over vent to discuss how it is played because the soulswap "trick" for extending dots is hard to explain through text.
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? I drop healthstones.
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Only like 1900ish, didn't pvp lock much. I have four characters that have been over 2200 in arena highest rating being 2370. most recently a holy pally in 5.1 and 5.2 where i was 2200 on the most competitive pvp battlegroup.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: In 5.1 I was in Vel Dawlo, but it disbanded with the release of Heart of Fear as many people stopped showing up for raids and we could not recruit fast enough. I am currently in Accelerate. We have killed 10/14 bosses in heroic SoO but the guild, in my opinion, has been going downhill. We can never get the same raiders to show up for raid, and the replacements that are coming in are doing an awful job with mechanics. The main reason I am leaving however is because we are wiping over and over on farm bosses like its progression. There are too many people in the guild who are concerned with how much dps their pulling and how high their ranking that they are ignoring and messing up simple mechanics. With our current progression on siegecrafter, we are still having people mess up in the first 10% of the boss encounter even after 130+ attempts. I am always showing up to raid to give 100% to mechanics while still maintaining as close to optimal dps as i can. However there are many showing up to raid who simply can not get the job done.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: https://imageshack.com/i/nh9u0xj
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): If you have any questions about logs feel free to ask, i'm sure i can explain any problems you find with the logs. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6 ... 798&e=5217 http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9 ... 388&e=1726. Also note these logs are old when i was around 561-563 Item level, I can get updated logs within the next fews days where I pulled 370k on Nazgrim and did better on a couple other fights.

- Alts & their name/level: Insomniumm 90 Paladin, Critfrmbehnd 90 Rogue, Thepride 90 Mage. I have alot of other alts, not sure what all you want to know about. Also have a 90 hunter and monk but i mainly play my warlock.
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): 602-499-4072... AIM is this 2001?
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I found you on the wow forums for guild recruitment. I do not know anyone in simple math
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I've looked over your logs and have done some research about the guild and it seems like the type of raiding environment I would like to be in.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? I get between 40-60 FPS, I play on an allienware computer. Only fight that gives me any trouble with lag is immersuis heroic when the first set of adds come out. Fine on malk even with all my addons running.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3236695611
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional). https://imageshack.com/i/mwaetzp. Sorry not an artist and almost running late for School.
Thanks for taking the time to review my application. If you have any questions about anything in my application don't hesitate to ask!

Rude
User

Re: Warlock 564/568

Postby Rude » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:36 pm

What would you say to those who think default UI is a hindrance?
[12:18] [G] [Carbonlight]: is a fleshlight the "plug" or the "socket"?

Mortal
User

Postby Mortal » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:59 pm

I would say UI is very specific from person to person, the most Important things about your UI is that you have the Major things you need to see in the middle of your screen, I.E cool downs, procs, HP, enemy HP. Etc. I've been playing with the "default UI" since vanilla and I've grown accustomed to it. I've tried elv UI but didn't like it. Basically If your UI works for you then I don't see a problem with it

Mortal
User

Postby Mortal » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:32 pm

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KfX ... Z#fight=43

Here are some more logs if you are interested. I pulled much higher on Nazgrim and Malkorak in these logs as I am actually starting to get some gear now.

Mooby
User

Postby Mooby » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:18 pm

MSPaint is not optional.
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:18 pm

Mooby wrote:MSPaint is not optional.

he did one :P
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Mooby
User

Postby Mooby » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:19 pm

grouch wrote:
Mooby wrote:MSPaint is not optional.

he did one :P

Yeah sorry can't edit posts. I lost the link in the wall of text.
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

Mortal
User

Postby Mortal » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:21 pm

It was a work of art... I'm disappointed

Kody
User

Postby Kody » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:16 am

Mortal wrote:- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? No, never felt the need for one.

No reason not to really.... If something were to happen it might save the raid from having to raid 1 person down while you sort things out.
Mortal wrote:- Race & why did you choose it: Troll - Berserking, 20% haste, too strong...

Have you thought about going orc if you're playing destro way more often than aff? Berserking works really well with aff, not so much with destro. Either way I'd much rather you be troll than fucking goblin like someone I know...............
Mortal wrote:- Professions and why did you choose them: Engineering (Best for dps/ boots for utility), and enchanting (gold making). May drop enchanting and pick up tailoring or herb for increased dps though.

Same as troll for destro, herb isn't worth getting unless you're playing aff way more than you are destro. I dropped BS to go Tailoring and will probably end up dropping Alch to go Eng to have another on-use. I'd recommend dropping Enchanting for Tailoring if you're going to swap to something.

I'm super tired so I might have missed an explanation, but you seem to have 0/2 upgraded on quite a bit of your gear. Any particular reason for that?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Mortal
User

Postby Mortal » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:06 am

For the authenticator I can't really argue with you there, i'll see if i can get one.

In terms of professions, BiS for destro is currently Eng/Tailoring, actually I think that is BiS for all 3 specs. Herb is debatable for aff but I still think tailoring pulls ahead. ( Can expand on this more).

For what race to play troll is BiS for all 3 specs hands down. Even for destro its not really even a comparison between the other specs. Even though the haste may not seem as substantial for destro, what it allows you to do is get off your second chaos bolt in the opener before your powerful trinkets wear off. It also allows you to snapshot more chaos bolts with trinket procs throughout the fight, in addition to just the raw haste increase. That's why all the top warlocks in the world (Spark, Shina, Zinnin, Blattos, etc.) are all troll even if they play destro.

For gear I just don't have the valor to upgrade the gear :/ I've been trying to save what valor I can for heroic pieces so that i don't waste it on shitty pieces. I currently have iL 568 in my bags but i can't wear some of the gear because it is a dps loss when i lose the 4 piece. (I simmed it).

Mortal
User

Postby Mortal » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:31 am

Oh I use my doomguard in the opener too, and as aff I keep haunt up when i have powerful dots on the target or have 4 shards. But that's just basic warlock knowledge :P

Frozensoup
User

Postby Frozensoup » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:12 pm

Mortal wrote:For the authenticator I can't really argue with you there, i'll see if i can get one.

https://winauth.com

Mortal
User

Postby Mortal » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:01 pm

Hey i'm free tonight if you want to do the mumble interview tonight!

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:46 pm

pretty much nobody is around Friday \ Saturday nights.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:04 am

yeah i apologize, i'll do my best but i doubt i'll be around until sunday afternoon like we discussed before. we're very interested in your application.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”