Pyjack
User

Pyjack 569 Elemental Shaman

Postby Pyjack » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:42 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 30 Tennessee
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): EST any time generally
- Number of Testicles: Two
- Can you attend raids on these days: yes i have no problems with those raid days
-- Monday:
-- Tuesday:
-- Wednesday:
-- Sunday:
- Do any others have access to your account? no
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? yes i have one
- How long have you played WoW: since Vanilla
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I have killed all endgame bosses, except for Throne of Thunder due to a death in my family

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Pyjack Elemental Shaman
- Race & why did you choose it: Troll, because Berserking is one of the better racials for Elemental Shamans
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... ack/simple
- Can you describe the ruckus? The Uncle Ruckus Movie that was on Kickstarter ?
- Professions and why did you choose them: Blacksmithing and Engineering : For the additional stats provided by the sockets and for the synapse springs boosting my primary stat + all the cool things rocket boots to help move out of stuff in a pinch
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I have a decent enhance set and a partial resto set lack of gear prevents me from really playing either offspec
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: I prioritize mastery then haste after getting hit capped and then stacking intellect.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Chain Lightning Glyph, Lightning Shield Glyph, Spiritwalkers Grace Glyph: DPS Increase, Damage Reduction, Additional Movement to get out of bad stuff so I could keep casting
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? I maintain Searing Totem and Flame Shock, followed by Lava Burst and Elemental Blast, Lightning Bolt while LB and EB are on CD hit Earth Shock at 7 Fulmination Stacks
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? not applying as a healer
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): dont really PVP but my highest rank on account was Sergeant which i got back in Vanilla on a Paladin
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: <Socially Inept> on Zul'jin I am currently raiding with this guild but due to the fact that people have decided not to show up in recent weeks the GM made an announcement that if we did not progress this coming week the group would more than likely be dissolved.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i.imgur.com/43FqT4P.jpg
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p3qeyjxl2ocpgrak/
- Alts & their name/level: Kwtchabytchn 90 Paladin (Farm Toon) Ziquan 90 Warrior Dvitri 90 Warlock Impossibru 90 Monk, Gyaku 90 Hunter
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): will provide phone number for texting if i am accepted I do not use AIM or MSN
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Browsing the Forums
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I am just looking for a chance to prove myself and experience all of the endgame progression
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? I have a custom built computer and my FPS varies but I generally have no Problems as far as stats for my computer
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor @ 3.22 GHz
16 Gigs Memory
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3230224210
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
I edited this image in MS Paint does that count http://i.imgur.com/GnQXzNx.jpg

Kegg
User

Re: Pyjack 569 Elemental Shaman

Postby Kegg » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:55 am

Heyas, resident ele here, had a few questions for you.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: I prioritize mastery then haste after getting hit capped and then stacking intellect.
How did you determine this?

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Chain Lightning Glyph, Lightning Shield Glyph, Spiritwalkers Grace Glyph: DPS Increase, Damage Reduction, Additional Movement to get out of bad stuff so I could keep casting
Would or could any of these be swapped out for different glyphs between different boss encounters?

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? I maintain Searing Totem and Flame Shock, followed by Lava Burst and Elemental Blast, Lightning Bolt while LB and EB are on CD hit Earth Shock at 7 Fulmination Stacks
Why EB?

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
I edited this image in MS Paint does that count http://i.imgur.com/GnQXzNx.jpg
Nope! Again please. :3

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:07 am

speed test - ny please

your ui - ever considered using a pre-made pack or at least a bar mod & unit frames? you can reclaim a *lot* of screen real estate by doing this.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Pyjack
User

Postby Pyjack » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:47 pm

Explanations:

Stat Priority
Well my stat priorities come from several different source, first I asked my resident elemental shaman Mirdean on how I should spec myself, because at the time he was very influential in teaching me the ropes of being an elemental shaman, I was learning a new class as I had been a Fury Warrior for most of my career, so as gear dropped he let me know what I should be going for based on my current gear setup at the time he also referred me to www.icy-veins.com, over the course of gaining raiding experience as an elemental shaman I started branching out looking at other Elemental Shamans gear wise such as Leeds of <Method> and I began to develop my own sense of how I wanted to play my shaman while following the original specifications to stat priorities as possible.

Glyphs:

Well if in a situation that needed it I would use
Glyph of Capacitor Totem (on garrosh or any fight that required a quick mob stunning)
Glyph of Shamanistic Rage (on fights such as 10 man Immerseus or any particular fight where dispelling help is needed especially since im a mobile class and may not always be near a healer for a mass dispel or regular dispel)
Glyph of Healing Stream Totem: (could possibly be used on fights where the overall damage reduction and cooldown would be needed, normally I tend to put my totem down alot just before high damage spikes along with a healing rain)

Rotation:

Well as far as Elemental Blast is concerned, I dont think I have enough baseline haste required in order to use Unleashed Fury as a talent replacement for Elemental Blast in order for it to be a DPS increase however, once I reach around 30%+ haste from what Ive read on various forums and looking at prominent elemental shamans I would feel like it would be more of a DPS increase to leave Elemental Blast on the back burner.

Resubmission of MS Paint Image: http://i.imgur.com/DNainI2.png

New York Speed Test: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3231247026

My UI: I have never really considered a new UI because quite frankly Ive never really tried to use one successfully that is, but if someone was willing to help me design a decent looking UI, I would be willing to leave the standard UI for greener pastures so to speak

If there is anything i missed or something else you guys would like to ask me please feel free to post and Ill do my best to respond in a timely matter

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:53 pm

give tukui or elvui a shot. they're 100% replacements for the default ui.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Kegg
User

Postby Kegg » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:16 pm

Nice answers. And sorry with the delay, sleep schedule is pretty fubar.

With stat priority though I would try to get into the habit of using simulationcraft. Sometimes it can give surprising results. And with EB it's not so much a haste issue iirc, its only benifical on non target swap/fights where movement isn't an issue, UF should pull ahead on cleave encounters with your current gear level. I'd have to double check that part.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”