576 Shadow Priest.

Baddies
Nethron
User

576 Shadow Priest.

Postby Nethron » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:16 am

Player information: Nethron, 576 Shadow, 572 Holy or Disc.
- Age & Location: 23, Montana US.
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Normally 5-12 on our server time. (4-11 my time.)
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday:yes
-- Tuesday:yes
-- Wednesday:yes
-- Sunday:yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes, I do.
- How long have you played WoW: Just under a year. In that time I feel that I've progressed heavily.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I have never been in an "endgame" guild, short of normals. This is my first real raiding tier, and as such I would like to make it my best with many more to come.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Nethron, Priest
- Race & why did you choose it: Blood elf, I choose it due to the extra silence, which I thought would be viable in a raid tier. This one is not as such, and if I am accepted I will be re-rolling to troll for the extra haste CD.
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... ron/simple
- Can you describe the ruckus? I am confused. Are you referring to the noise?
- Professions and why did you choose them: I chose tailoring and enchanting for the bonus intellect as I started off as a Disc priest, and I've kept them ever since. I am willing to change to Engineering and Blacksmithing if asked of me.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I am rarely asked to play as a healer, as I was recruited as a shadow priest. I have logs from both specs, but the vast majority IS from shadow. I personally feel I am better at holy rather than disc, but I'll play anything that's asked of me.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: My gear is gemmed/chanted/reforged into the final hastecap for shadow priests, (18125), which I am currently just over. I have a solid 572 healing set that I use from time to time.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: I use 'Inner Sanctum', 'Vampiric Embrace', and 'Fade' for shadow. I use Sanctum on fights like Immerseus for the spell reduction, otherwise Inner Fire for the physical. Vampiric Embrace increases the overall healing from it, and as such I use that. Fade simply reduces damage taken, so if i have threat after it, I at least have that. For healing, I use Penance, Inner sanctum, and Weakened Soul, for the moving cast, the spell reduction, and the reduced debuff from PW:S. Holy is Renew, Deep wells, and Fade.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? Keeping Dots up,keeping Mindblast on CD, Halo when at range, mind-flay as a filler. When at 3 orbs, reapply dots if needed, plague and then restart.
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? I Cast serendipity on mainly tanks, or if anyone is really low and there's big damage coming soon, (I.E. Swelling pride, Shock pulse). Circle of healing whenever someone in range is low, or more than one. Divine star is the normal talent, and use that for stacked healing, (I.E. Thok, Garrosh). Divine Hymn is the biggest raid-wide heal holy is given and use that whenever asked by a RL/officer, or if given freedom when to use it, when shit hits the fan.
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Have only started PVPing this season, had about 1840 rank in 3s.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Hordecore, I am leaving due to a 25m guild of 15-17 solid people carrying the rest, and this just simply wasn't what I wanted. Those people simply didn't care about downing Malkorok it seemed, and failed to Normal Mode mechanics for nearly 100 wipes. I am fine to wiping if it's progression, but not if it's to a simple fix and just replacing those who do not care.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i.imgur.com/VWZcHuB.jpg
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5ny3xp64rqq7lgh1/
- Alts & their name/level: Nethrin, 90, 558 Blood deathknight, can use that as well.
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected]
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I do not know anyone, saw you via the forums.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I would like to find a good guild that's focused on killing bosses and still having a good raiding environment.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? I normally get 100 FPS during a raid, and only drop below that if bloodlust is used on pull on Malkorok. I have a radeon videocard, and it works well.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3223728909
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional). I cannot draw, much less so with a mouse. I am sorry, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like my drawings anyway.

x86brandon
User

Re: 576 Shadow Priest.

Postby x86brandon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:18 am

We spoke at length this evening. I really like this guys attitude.

Also, regarding the paint issue, he was struggling with it with me on chat, and I finally gave him a pass on it. So don't hold the lack of drawing against him. I got the impression that whatever he drew was going to kill our brains anyways.

Mooby
User

Postby Mooby » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:23 am

Paint or riot.
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

x86brandon
User

Postby x86brandon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:02 am

Apologies Nethron, I mis-spoke about the Paint. It is a requirement.

Nethron
User

Postby Nethron » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:07 am

Alright, I'll do so when I get home, should be 15 minutes or so.

Rude
User

Postby Rude » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:11 am

It's more about "can you do what's asked of you" than actually creating a true masterpiece.
[12:18] [G] [Carbonlight]: is a fleshlight the "plug" or the "socket"?

Nethron
User

Postby Nethron » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:46 am

http://i.imgur.com/kgsOCeC.png You asked for it, you may see my horrific drawing..

mouthwash
User

Postby mouthwash » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:43 am

yea thanks for posting the paint, just to follow the app process, also would you be available to chat in mumble on Sunday at 6pm est?

Nethron
User

Postby Nethron » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:47 am

As I've already mentioned to Brandon (sorry, I forgot your in game name), I would like to be off server by Monday night at the latest. I can talk pretty much whenever, even now is fine if you want to.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:23 pm

Nethron wrote:- Race & why did you choose it: Blood elf, I choose it due to the extra silence, which I thought would be viable in a raid tier. This one is not as such, and if I am accepted I will be re-rolling to troll for the extra haste CD.

while we don't require people to be a particular race, choosing the best for your class is always a plus.

Nethron wrote:- Professions and why did you choose them: I chose tailoring and enchanting for the bonus intellect as I started off as a Disc priest, and I've kept them ever since. I am willing to change to Engineering and Blacksmithing if asked of me.

again, totally up to you.

Nethron wrote:- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I am rarely asked to play as a healer, as I was recruited as a shadow priest. I have logs from both specs, but the vast majority IS from shadow. I personally feel I am better at holy rather than disc, but I'll play anything that's asked of me.

we're good on healers right now, just need the dps. your willingness to play whatever spec is needed is great though.

Nethron wrote:I am leaving due to a 25m guild of 15-17 solid people carrying the rest, and this just simply wasn't what I wanted.

are there other dissatisfied people in the guild looking as well? we have about two more dps spots available.

Nethron wrote:- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i.imgur.com/VWZcHuB.jpg

have you considered using a bar mod and different unit frames to cut down on the amount of space your ui takes up? there are a few pre-made ui packs as well that are quite good.

one or two of the officers could hop on mumble with you sunday afternoon or evening if that's cool. what times are good?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Nethron
User

Postby Nethron » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:34 pm

6 pm does work for me, and I honestly haven't tried to use a bar mod. Are there any you suggest? I mainly have my UI positioned as it is for easy visibility, but I do misclick on it from time to time. I do have a few dps that have left, and I can speak to them if you wish, but no promises as to them applying and the like.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:39 pm

i use bartender and grid but there are plenty of addons that do the same thing.

tukui and elvui are two pre-made ui packs that were written from the ground up instead of combining existing mods. i'm not sure which people here prefer but i'd take a look at those.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=tukui+elvui
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Rayen
User

Postby Rayen » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:12 pm

Any particular reason you go full mastery and not a balance of crit/mastery? Do you find four piece to be better than two piece + off pieces?

Nethron
User

Postby Nethron » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:49 pm

grouch wrote:i use bartender and grid but there are plenty of addons that do the same thing.

tukui and elvui are two pre-made ui packs that were written from the ground up instead of combining existing mods. i'm not sure which people here prefer but i'd take a look at those.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=tukui+elvui

I'll check those out tomorrow and see how they feel. I've tried only going for twopiece, but on any sort of fight that has more than one mob to put SW:P on with DI the increased mindblast/SW:D damage is a big increase. The only major one that would be is Malkorok that does not have two or more mobs, as well as I haven't really gotten the gear to go only twopiece.

Nethron
User

Postby Nethron » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:59 am

Rayen wrote:Any particular reason you go full mastery and not a balance of crit/mastery? Do you find four piece to be better than two piece + off pieces?

So I tried having crit equal to mastery in a flex, and it was only a 6% increase two fights, (thok/Malkorok) while it was an 11% decrease on sha, imm, and protectors.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”