571 Resto Druid 11/14HM

Baddies
Frozensoup
User

Re: 571 Resto Druid 11/14HM

Postby Frozensoup » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:07 pm

Obviously different raids will place emphasis on different things.

In my experience in this guild, people are placed in progression fights strictly based on who will give us the best chance of killing the boss. As a boss becomes more and more farm status, the focus shifts to who will make the best use of the items that can drop from the boss, for the sake of future progression kills.

There are no 'favorites'; performance and attendance override social ties and seniority. For example, we sat our GM on our Blackfuse progression when another of our healers logged on simply because our GM had seen the fight less due to a break he took.

Just going to mention that since roots break on damage almost instantly, I don't really consider it worth the GCD to use on mines. I run vortex on that fight instead, since it both slows and has a knockback-like effect.

Harmonyx
User

Postby Harmonyx » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:25 pm

Frozensoup wrote:Obviously different raids will place emphasis on different things.

In my experience in this guild, people are placed in progression fights strictly based on who will give us the best chance of killing the boss. As a boss becomes more and more farm status, the focus shifts to who will make the best use of the items that can drop from the boss, for the sake of future progression kills.

There are no 'favorites'; performance and attendance override social ties and seniority. For example, we sat our GM on our Blackfuse progression when another of our healers logged on simply because our GM had seen the fight less due to a break he took.

Just going to mention that since roots break on damage almost instantly, I don't really consider it worth the GCD to use on mines. I run vortex on that fight instead, since it both slows and has a knockback-like effect.

no no i run vortex too im saying if a bomb is about to hit someone and I've already used vortex and typhoon of course roots is going to break but those few seconds its rooted is enough for the focus to get away.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:37 pm

Harmonyx wrote:- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 11am EST to 3am EST 5-7 days a week lol

well hopefully you have a job or school or something like that :P

Harmonyx wrote:- Do any others have access to your account? My 13 year old

what does said 13-year-old do on your account? does he/she/it ever log onto your character?

Harmonyx wrote:- Professions and why did you choose them: Alchemy because I warcraftville everyday and it makes for easy potion and flask making so I can be more independant on being prepared for raids without hurting my pocket in the process! It also gives you an awesome intellect buff ;). Second is enchanting because it's another independant profession that gives you moar intellect! I don't like to rely on people for items I need to maximize my characters to there best potential! Usually on the auction house you can find gems pretty easily, but finding the right potions, flasks or enchants is something completely differant!

which professions do you believe are a resto druid's best raiding professions and why?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Harmonyx
User

Postby Harmonyx » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:28 pm

grouch wrote:
Harmonyx wrote:- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 11am EST to 3am EST 5-7 days a week lol

well hopefully you have a job or school or something like that :P

Harmonyx wrote:- Do any others have access to your account? My 13 year old

what does said 13-year-old do on your account? does he/she/it ever log onto your character?

Harmonyx wrote:- Professions and why did you choose them: Alchemy because I warcraftville everyday and it makes for easy potion and flask making so I can be more independant on being prepared for raids without hurting my pocket in the process! It also gives you an awesome intellect buff ;). Second is enchanting because it's another independant profession that gives you moar intellect! I don't like to rely on people for items I need to maximize my characters to there best potential! Usually on the auction house you can find gems pretty easily, but finding the right potions, flasks or enchants is something completely differant!

which professions do you believe are a resto druid's best raiding professions and why?

1. haha full-time student on break I have a reliable income im on social security benefits :)

2. Most of the time she plays on her account, but that account is attached to mine so its the same log in info lol if she does play my account shes usually flying around killing me theres been a few times I've logged on and my character had to have a rez sickness haha. Fortionatly though shes not that interested in WoW and only plays it a couple times a month.

3. I believe it would probably be jewelcrafting and blacksmithing because as orange was saying mastery overdoes intellect 2 to 1 and that's the only profession where you can have the option of a mastery buff over an intellect buff.

Harmonyx
User

Postby Harmonyx » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:42 pm

I hope you don't make me switch since it's the end of the expansion, but I would defionatly have no problem switching if stats don't change in Draenor.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:47 pm

we don't require anyone to have certain professions or be a certain race as long as it's not the *worst*
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Harmonyx
User

Postby Harmonyx » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:24 pm

grouch wrote:we don't require anyone to have certain professions or be a certain race as long as it's not the *worst*

nice :) ya enchanting/alchemy I chose when I leveled my druid because it was the best two professions to make gold with, but with also the ability to have some nice stats as well.

Frozensoup
User

Postby Frozensoup » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:34 pm

Harmonyx wrote:3. I believe it would probably be jewelcrafting and blacksmithing because as orange was saying mastery overdoes intellect 2 to 1 and that's the only profession where you can have the option of a mastery buff over an intellect buff.

JC bonuses on secondaries are only 1:1 to primaries. Mist will probably want to kill me for bringing this up, but on fights with extended stacking, herbalism is like a 4% increase to efflo, which is well ahead of any other profession in terms of throughput, but it is, of course, situational.

I'd argue that the utility of engineering probably outweighs stat discrepancies, but as long as you're not like mining/skinning, it's competitive.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”