Baddies
Logiks
User

Logiks- 574 Fire Mage

Postby Logiks » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:54 pm

All responses written in bold.
Player information:
- Age & Location: 20 & Florida, in the Central Timezone
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): I'm on sporadically throughout the day, but always for scheduled raid times. I'm generally online when I have to be.
- Number of Testicles: 1.75 due to sad times as a baby =(
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No, not to this account.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? I got hacked pretty nastily a few times in the past. This does the job well.
- How long have you played WoW: I started playing in the ZA patch of TBC or so, and started raiding towards the end of 2.4.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I could go into previous expansion experience, but I suppose I'll just stick to what's relevant now: t14 - 9/16H (wasn't in a very solid guild), t15- 13/13H (cutting edge ra-den), and t16- 11/14H. Starting in early MoP, I also became very active in the challenge mode community, and went on to at one point hold world record times in 4 challenge mode dungeons.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Logicks the Mage
- Race & why did you choose it: Troll; put simply, troll is the master race. Put more explicitly, troll is the master race, and trolls have the optimal racials for a horde mage, making it a win-win for me =)
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... s/advanced
- Can you describe the ruckus? Uncle Ruckus (no relation) is the old black man on the Boondocks who doesn't care much for other black people. I know nothing of any other ruckuses.
- Professions and why did you choose them: I won't lie: I went tailoring so I could have the flying carpet mount... fortunately it also has a nice intellect proc. My other prof recently switched to engineering because I believe it is the best profession for mage dps. Synapse springs is incredibly useful
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I raid as fire, I pvp as frost, and I started the tier as arcane... I currently run Fire/Frost for pve/arenas.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Fire pve needs ALL the crit, then haste after that. Mastery is our least beneficial stat this tier.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Glyph of Inferno blast for more combustion padding, Glyph of Combustion for fatter combustions, and Cone of Cold for AoE. (these are only my fire glyphs, as that is really the only spec relevant to this app)
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? Sit tight... My opener starts at ~6.8 seconds left on the pull timer. I begin channeling evocation and when it's finished, I pop mirror images. This puts me at about 3.5 seconds left after the GCD from MI. At this point I will pop a dps potion and begin casting pyroblast at ~2.8s left on timer. Ideally, both trinkets will proc, the pyroblast will crit, i'll cast a DoT followed by fireball followed with an inferno blast, and if I have a Hot Streak and a Heating up ready, I cast another fireball and right as it goes off hit my Alter Time macro (AT, berserking, synapse springs, Presence of Mind, and Pyroblast). At this point, I'm spamming my Pyroblast button until I run out of procs, when I'll hit my AT again, and spam the Pyro procs again. When I use combustion depends on my ignite damage according to my combustionhelper addon. I generally try to keep opening combustions with no lower than 200k ignites. After that, it's easy, just keep mage bomb up, use CD's when they come back up, keep Invoker's Energy up, and don't spend pyroblasts unless you have Hot streak and heating up, with a fireball about to go off. Sorry for the clutter, but you asked ;P
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? N/A
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): I don't arena seriously, so i've only been to about 1550. I dump rating a lot to carry the alts of friends to easy conquest points.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Traumatic-Deathwing. Internal guild issues seem to be causing a schism in the guild's roster, and it is very likely that the guild is going to have to stop 25 mans soon. This has caused a decent halt in our progression, making it questionable that we will finish the tier.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: Image
The bars showing in this screenshot do not always appear like that. They are what I use to track my procs/buffs/dots. My Quartz cast bar is not showing in this SS, but it appears under my nameplates in a similar position to my Evocation tracker.
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/deathwing/logicks/
http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/106794/

- Alts & their name/level: Oh god... Just trust me when I say there are too many to list here =p. I've played every spec at endgame at one point or another. 5 of my 90s currently have 9/9gold in challenge modes.
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): I have a cell phone number I can give to admin if necessary
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I was suggested to apply by Meeps and Ando. Meeps is a long time challenge mode buddy of mine, and I met Ando through him.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I'd really like to see this tier finished on heroic 25m, and I'd also like to raid with Meeps. Simple Math does that, AND gives me a low pop server to have fun with.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? My framerate is ok in 25mans. Generally no less than 25 or so. I rebuilt the inside of my tower a year and a half ago. 8gb of RAM, Intel i3-2100 3.10GHz CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 v2 GPU. Thinking of upgrading soon.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3156823500
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional). LOL, this was pretty entertaining. Image
*Bloodlust noise*

grouch
Admin

Re: Logiks- 574 Fire Mage

Postby grouch » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:12 pm

Logiks wrote:- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? I got hacked pretty nastily a few times in the past. This does the job well.

i'm assuming that means yes?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Logiks
User

Postby Logiks » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:13 pm

I apologize for the ambiguity. I meant to put an explicit "Yes" there
*Bloodlust noise*

Logiks
User

Postby Logiks » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:18 pm

I also suppose it would help to clarify: My main was a brewmaster/ww monk in t14, and I went 8/16H, not 9/16. Here is a link to his current armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... s/advanced. At the time, I was also playing my mage in a weekend 10m that was equally progressed.
*Bloodlust noise*

Rude
User

Postby Rude » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:57 pm

Logiks wrote:- Age & Location: 20 & Florida, in the Central Timezone

Panhandle grossss
[12:18] [G] [Carbonlight]: is a fleshlight the "plug" or the "socket"?

Andonisus
User

Postby Andonisus » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:29 pm

dat ms paint

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:47 pm

do you want to chat on mumble sometime tonight?
if you never tasted joy

Logiks
User

Postby Logiks » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:22 pm

grouch wrote:do you want to chat on mumble sometime tonight?

I have time for a short mumble interview in the next hour and a half or so, if you're looking to do so today.
*Bloodlust noise*

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:30 pm

k i'll have meeps bug you
if you never tasted joy

Mooby
User

Postby Mooby » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:38 pm

Druid dicks? Denied.
After earning enough Combo Points, the Rogue's next finisher will include fries and a drink.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”