554 Frost Death Knight 5/14h

Baddies
Andonisus
User

554 Frost Death Knight 5/14h

Postby Andonisus » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:49 pm

Before I dive into answering any of the below questions I'd like to state that I am and have been a tank for a very long time. I have experience across multiple alts and off specs as DPS and have more than a basic grasp of the role, but it has not been my primary role at all this expansion. Please bear this in mind when reading this application. I have spoken with Grouch and the resident Death Knight Dance prior to filling out this application. Full disclosure was given there and shall be given here as well.

Player information:
- Age & Location: 28 Lowell Massachusetts
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): It varies, but I spend anywhere from 6-14 hours a day logged into this game.
- Number of Testicles: All of them.
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? - Absolutely not.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? - Yes
- How long have you played WoW: Since 2006 with breaks between expansions
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

Cataclysm
BoT - 2/5H
TotFW - 2/2H
BWD - 5/6H
FL - 7/7H (Server 3rd on Mal'ganis)

Mists of Pandaria
ToT - 4/13H
SoO - 5/14H

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Andonisus, Death Knight
- Race & why did you choose it: Orc. I honestly just got tired of not fitting through doors as a cow.
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... s/advanced
- Can you describe the ruckus? http://www.theruckus.com Consider it brought.
- Professions and why did you choose them:

I chose leatherworking for the 750 stam bracer enchant. The only substittion for this as a Blood DK would have been 170 mastery. Mastery (especially for a 10 man DK tank) has limited usefulness after a certain point. I felt that reaching an appropriate effective health level would benefit me more in the long run than a boost to secondary stats (i.e. BS/JC) due to mastery's limits.

I chose engineering for my secondary profession because it is bar none the most useful profession this expansion. Granted most of the utility is highly situational, but in those situations I find it invaluable. Perhaps not the greatest example of this (but the first that came to mind) would be using goblin glider to avoid fall damage or to pass between two towers on Galakras. Rockets boots are sort of a double edged sword but the usefulness of them speaks for itself. As far as the on use VS static profession bonuses I personally found the on use to benefit me greater, due to being able to control when and where I get a boost to my primary stat.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?

As far as this is concerned, it was addressed in the foreword above. My primary spec was blood, and I am most familiar with frost. If and when unholy becomes better for any reason (gimmicky fights, more dps, etc.) I will be prepared. As far as being on par as a DPS and not just a DPS Death Knight, I have the tools, resources and knowledge to make a smooth, rapid transition from my primary role.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:

As far as my gear is concerned it consists of off-spec loot no one else could use, with the 2 handed frost basic stat priority.

Hit/Exp to soft caps > Strength > Crit > Mastery > Haste

I am applying for your DPS position so I will not post here my long winded wall of text about Blood DK break points, diminishing return curves, mastery limits effective health etc etc etc. If you wish to discuss these things with me or if it is an absolute must for me to post all that here then please feel free to approach me. Otherwise I personally see no reason to clutter the application.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:

Death Knight glyphs are highly situational, with a few "default" glyphs. Glyph of regenerative magic is considered a DPS increase on fights where AMS can be used to absorb magic damage, but falls off prematurely. Allowing me to use it more during an encounter and increase the runic power gains across the length of the fight. On fights where I might be soaking large amounts of magic damage I might swap that for glyph of AMS, to negate as much damage as possible, presuming it will be enough to fully deplete the absorbtion effect of AMS. Glyph of swift death can be invaluable on fights that require rapid target switching combined with heavy movement. A prime example of this would be endless proving grounds DPS. I'm certain there are other uses for this but none come to mind from my person experience. I'm also told loud horn is a DPS increase when your build reaches a certain haste point, making it harder to work in more HoW's. As far as the others go, from what I understand they are neither here nor there.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?

Frost 2 hand priority is as follows:
Soul Reaper when target below 35%
Obliterate when Killing Machine is procced and both diseases are on the target
Diseases
Obliterate When any runes are capped
Frost Strike if RP capped
Howling Blast if Rime procced
Frost Strike
Obliterate
Horn of Winter

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):

2100 RBG's and 1900 2s

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

The short story: came back when ToT launched to get back into the game, several friends I've raided with on and off over the years expressed interest in reviving an old guild. We did just that. Did well for the small amount of time we had in ToT/SoO and just recently disbanded. We lost our GM/Raid leader to sketchy reasons, and several raiders followed in suit, essentially leaving us with about 5 people.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/48708/calendar/10-13/

- Alts & their name/level:
Gorebeast 90 prot warrior
Vidara 90 ret paladin
Duckboots 90 disc priest
Trappin 90 hunter
Satisfaction 90 mage
Skill 90 ret paladin (alliance)

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):

I will provide officers and the raid leader with my personal contact information.

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:

There is no one here I know though I have a decent grasp on who you are and what you;re about. You're recruiter replied to a post I wrote on the WoW guild recruitment forums.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?

I haven't followed Simple Math to letter and I don't know everything about the guild. However during my highest ranked progression I disctinctly remember the name Simple Math as one of the more competitive guilds, and a few friends from back then had interest in applying.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?

AMD FX-4100 Quad-core 3.62ghz
8gb DDR3 overclocked RAM
64-bit Windows 7 OS
AMD Radeon HD 6670

For peripherals:

21" Samsung HDTV (1080p)
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (that's actually what the product is called) I use this keyboard because of the scissor switch keys and the rubber membrane provides the perfect key throw for me personally.
Razer Naga (2012) in my UI screen shot you will see F1-F12 keys bound. I don't have 9 inch fingers so I use this as a good substitute

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

I currently have comcast as a cable service provider, and I myself was a cable/satellite feild technician for 5+ years. I performed the cabling installation for my entire home myself. As far as my wiring is concerned the installation is perfect. Comcast as most you probably already know tend to suck giant fat dicks and I'm glad I don't work there anymore. Any speed discrepencies are due to thier shitty 90 year old network of coax and trunk cable.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3077158568

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

Rude
User

Re: 554 Frost Death Knight 5/14h

Postby Rude » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:57 pm

I don't believe you did that in Paint.
[12:18] [G] [Carbonlight]: is a fleshlight the "plug" or the "socket"?

Andonisus
User

Postby Andonisus » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:02 pm

amatuer

Rude
User

Postby Rude » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:08 pm

Andonisus wrote:amatuer

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:11 pm

you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Andonisus
User

Postby Andonisus » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:13 pm

im not gonna say thats not what happened

Andonisus
User

Postby Andonisus » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:18 pm

this is how it looked before that website photo shopped my property

Rude
User

Postby Rude » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:46 pm

Andonisus wrote:this is how it looked before that website photo shopped my property

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:24 am

I've already discussed a good portion of my usual questions with him via mumble, the only thing I can see is a low usage of Soul Reaper, other than that with just a log from Thok I can see you're following the priority system well, your damage is a bit low, but that can be contributed to the fact you're playing 2h in welfare offspec gear. Two 1h'ers will do you well, I do see that just under half of your KM procs were consumed by Frost Strikes, It's not a terrible number by any stretch of the imagination, as KM is completely unpredictable. I do however find it easier to avoid wasting KM procs by Frost Striking right after melee swings.
#thestruggle

Andonisus
User

Postby Andonisus » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:26 am

ill add a swing timer and a better tracking aura for sub 35%. should rectify those issues

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”