Frost DK App

Baddies
Devitalize
User

Frost DK App

Postby Devitalize » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 34/Anchorage, Alaska
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Varies, mostly 11am-9pm Alaska Time. Sometimes earlier sometimes later.
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days: Yes
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes I do!
- How long have you played WoW: Since the end of 2004!
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
T15 - 12/13H
T16 - 2/14H
Older content as well when it was current.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Devitalizer / Frost DK
- Race & why did you choose it: Orc, it was the most viable for dps!
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... zer/simple
- Can you describe the ruckus? If we are referring to wow..... it is when things get chaotic and bad stuff on the ground and adds need to be interrupted and the interrupter dc's. This is the ruckus.
- Professions and why did you choose them: Blacksmithing and Engineering! Best DPS combo for me.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I tank from time to time in blood spec. I switch it to unholy as well. I know all the specs well!
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: I keep up with DK forums and utilize askmrrobot.com! Math Math Math!
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Regenerative Magic for runic power of course!, AMS for defensive help and Shifting Presences for another defensive utility.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
DPS rotation is pretty simple for Frost DKS. I have boom button macro'd with Pillar of Frost, Synapse Springs and Blood Fury. I will then start off with Outbreak to get diseases up. If it is a single target fight I will then Obliterate until runes our empty. Usually by this time I am RP capped and will then spam Frost Strike until depleted or runes are back up. If a killing machine procs I will use Obliterate and If Rime procs I will use Howling Blast. I have a build that utilizes Blood Tap. When I have 12 stacks of Blood Tap I will use them for extra Obliterates. Sometimes I will save them for KM. I use weak auras to keep tracks of buffs/procs. When I have a high mount of procs I will reapply my diseases. AOE dps consists of focusing on Howling Blast and Death and Decay!
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? Not I!
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): 2200 in 3's, Rival
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
I have played since Vanilla. At the end of BC I started getting into raiding a bit more. When Wrath came out I was in a guild called Trial and Error on the server Draenor. We were top 2 PVE guilds on the server at the time. When Cata came out, if I was going to continue raiding I had to move to an Oceanic Realm. I did this for about 6 months of Cata then life came into play and I had to just quit all together. About 4 months ago I decided to start playing again. I progressed gear fairly quick and decided to join a freshly forming 10 man SoO guild. We raided 1 night 13/14n then it all fell apart within the next week. After that I joined Mossad. Went 2/14h with them. After a few nights with them and seeing how immature they were about gkicking people for fun and demoting for no reason I had my doubts. I am a very good raider. I come ready and I understand the mechanics of the bosses. When I logged on today and saw me demoted then I decided that I didn't want to be apart of that. I am a reliable and easy going person. I own up to my mistakes if I make them.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/ ... 160435.jpg
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
- Alts & their name/level: Crylah-66, Elactren-80, and a few lowbie bank toons
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): Facebook! [email protected]
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I posted an add on the forums and you responded.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? Grouch represented you guys well. Seems like what I am looking for.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? 2013 27in iMac Maxed out on everything Apple can do. 32gb Ram, 3TB fusion drive, 2gb video card.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. 63ms, Cable internet. Although Alaska is figity sometimes.
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/ ... leMath.jpg

merk
User

Re: Frost DK App

Postby merk » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:21 pm

What was your name when you were in T&E?

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:28 pm

Devitalize wrote:- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/ ... 160435.jpg

something recent and full size please.

Devitalize wrote:- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):

need this please.

Devitalize wrote:- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? 2013 27in iMac Maxed out on everything Apple can do. 32gb Ram, 3TB fusion drive, 2gb video card.

+1 for mac user :)
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Devitalize
User

Postby Devitalize » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:35 pm

I will will post updated logs tonight. I have had some gear advancements. 4pc is huge for me. Yes i will draw you a new picture (Serious!) and Elactran was my name in TnE.

Devitalize
User

Postby Devitalize » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Devitalize
User

Postby Devitalize » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:02 pm

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3 ... 829&e=8336

I was suffering this week with high MS. Had to go and get a new modem and router. It is all better now and I have since then grabbed 4 pc which is huge.

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:57 am

Hayo! Dance here, Simple Math's resident Death Knight, I've got a few questions for you. First of your reforging can be optimized a bit better.
There's a drop down of what you should change, as well as your proper stat weights.

I'd really like to see your UI in combat, a massive part of playing a death knight well, especially frost, is managing your runes with extreme efficiency. Do you find it hard to monitor your runes and runic power with your runebar up in the corner of your screen? What do you use to watch killing machine or trinket procs?

On the subject of your dps, you've got incredibly low usage on your Soul Reaper, something that you should be using every CD during execution phase as 2H, you don't have the mastery as 2h to make Howling blast the better choice, so it's still the highest dps per rune available.

Other than that I'd like a better break down on your glyph and talent usage please, there are multiple fights this tier where particular glyphs come in handy, what fights would you consider using Glyph of IBF on? How about Dark Sim, or Death and Decay?

Onto your choice in stats and gear, do you do your own simming? Whilst watching the EJ community closely is a good thing to do, knowing the reasons behind stat weights and gear choices I find is a massive boon to understanding the class better.

Now for my last concern, I'm worried you're not actively applying Blood Tap to it's full extent, it shouldn't be allowed to hit 12, ever, as you run the risk of wasted potential stacks if you have to frost strike. Your blood tap should be used frequently to insure close to all of your Killing Machines are consumed by Obliterates.
#thestruggle

Devitalize
User

Postby Devitalize » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:42 am

I have been using a completely different reforging calculator. I see you use wow reforge as I use askmrrobot. I use weakauras for my prods and runes at the bottom of the screen. I have all my basic procs down here as well as trinkets and whatnot. It is set up to count stacks of things like Cruelty as well. I used MagicRunes for a wile and personally for me just having it up in the corner as it is was easier for me. Soul reaper...... I had it on a shift click for some reason these past 2 weeks. I had to change a bunch of macros for the last guild I was in and apparently forgot to change it back. That is all on me. Thank you for pointing that out. As far as glyph usage. Almost change glyphs for every fight. H Immer I would use DnD glyph for the slow and maybe take chilblains. Protectors AMZ for additional help with Inferno strike. Noru/AMS, Sha/AMS and death's advance (which is usually my normal choice, Shamans DnD glyph/Chilblains, Nazgrim DnD and Remorseless, Mal/ AMS and IBF glyph. Thok/AMS for corrosive and possibly AMZ talent, Blackfuse/Regen Magic (usually have) and unholy blight if I am on the belt, Paragons/Pestilence and possible DnD for slowing the bloods even though I have not seen it on Heroic, Garrosh I usually use Regen Magic and take the Asph Talent for extra interrupt on MC. I usually don't let BT get to 12, 10 is the highest usually unless I need burst on an add then I will let it stack so I know I have that extra such as the belt on Blackfuse. I have weak auras that pop up for my Rime And Killing Machine so I know. I will turn it all on and post a pic.

Devitalize
User

Postby Devitalize » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:44 am

For the reforging I have always used askmrrobot. Icy-Veins recommends it and I follow it closely as well as Noxxic. I gave up on EJ a wile ago when the DK forums were not being maintained during Cata really.

Devitalize
User

Postby Devitalize » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:58 am

Also I am not sure why it gave you that result but my reforges were correct and the ones it said that needed to be changed were already those stats.

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:09 am

The problem with all of those sites is that they will often lead you astray, and when it comes down to it, EJ and simcraft are the proper way to maximize your stats. As it stands askmrrobot is telling you to reforge inefficiently, wowreforge is simply a tool to be used, I simmed your character, and I plugged your stat weights into it myself.

And as far as your latest post goes, those were the reforges that were showing up on the armory, so those are the ones that I used.
#thestruggle

Devitalize
User

Postby Devitalize » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:26 am

It's all good man. I double checked what I currently had against what was recommended because I recently switched back to the Brutal Talisman trinket and had to regem/reforge so it might not have been updated until I just logged back in a wile ago.

Devitalize
User

Postby Devitalize » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:27 am

A question for you, Skeer's talisman is recommended but it doesn't feel better in combat. Your thoughts?

Devitalize
User

Postby Devitalize » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:32 am

Devitalize#1134

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:38 am

Devitalize wrote:A question for you, Skeer's talisman is recommended but it doesn't feel better in combat. Your thoughts?

Personal playstyle could come into play there, the shadowpan trinket is really low under it though.
#thestruggle

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”