551 DPS DK

Baddies
Chance
User

551 DPS DK

Postby Chance » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:09 pm

Player information:

- Age & Location: 24, Texas
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): ~10 hours, generally from 3 EST - 11 EST.
- Number of Testicles: 3. Is this unusual?
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Mhm
-- Tuesday: Indeed
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Si
-- Sunday: Yeah

- Do any others have access to your account?

Negative ghostrider

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why?

I do.

- How long have you played WoW:

I started early cataclysm, and began raiding casually in Firelands. In 4.3, I had rerolled off of my dead backwater server from which I played a Hunter (the class wasn't particularly good at the time, and I couldn't find a stable raiding guild on the server.) on Aerie, and when to Mal'Ganis as a Death Knight.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

T12: 6/7 N (watch out, badass inc.); This was my first raiding tier and I was raiding very casually at the time.
T13: 8/8H; was very late however.
T14: 6/16H; I had to take a break due to family complications. 5/6H MSV and Blade Lord Ta'yak in HoF.
T15: 13/13H;

Character Information:

- Name, & Class: Jackßauër DK DPS

- Race & why did you choose it:

Orc. I would be a troll had there been beast bosses this tier like ToT, however given that there are none, Orc is easily the best race for the AP CD, pet damage, Axe Expertise & Stun reduction.

- Link to Battle.net Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Jack%C3%9Fau%C3%ABr/advanced

- Can you describe the ruckus?

Could you repeat the question, please?

- Professions and why did you choose them:

JC; 320 gain from the Serpents Eye's or if any secondary would become better then STR I would have the utility of swapping to 480 Secondary Stat gems.

Alch; 320 str added to flasks & an extra hour on the duration.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?

I'm currently specced Unholy/Frost, but could play blood in a pinch (I am mastery gemmed so it'd be decent if a tank were to be out for the night). I'm inexperienced as blood, and don't have gear for it, but I have occasionally tanked raid bosses when a tank was unable to be on.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:

DW Frost: Strength > Hit/Exp soft caps > Mastery > Crit > Haste > over capped hit > over capped expertise

2h Frost: Strength > Hit/Exp caps > Crit > Mastery > Haste >>>>> over capped exp >> over capped hit

Unholy: Strength > Hit/Exp caps > Crit >= Mastery > Haste >>> over Capped exp >> over capped hit

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:

DK Glyphs are mostly utility based apart from a few glyphs such as Regenerative Magic which is a dps increase on fights that your AMS breaks naturally. Loud Horn is a dps increase when you are comfortable with your resource regeneration.

Frost (2h & DW): Regenerative Magic, Loud Horn, Anti Magic Shell
Unholy;
AoE: Festering Blood, Loud Horn, Regenerative Magic
ST: Regenerative Magic, Loud Horn, Anti Magic Shell

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?

Army of the Dead on the pull generally, unless its a fight such as Galakras when the boss isn't up at the start or Horridon in which he progressively starts taking more damage, making it more useful to push him after the last door. After that, I try to min/max my disease uptime, while still keeping only a single Unholy rune on CD to game frost/death runes for extra Howling Blast, and never cap runes or runic power.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):

1550 2's hero.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

This is honestly a bit sketchy.

Severity Gaming (Start of MoP);
I had a family occasion come up and was forced to take a month or so off the game.

Still Thirsty (ToT)
Had frequent attendance & recruitment issues, I was also looking to progress at a bit of a faster pace then what they were. They had attempted merging with other guilds twice, losing players and time in both occasions.

Overture
They're Overture. Didn't care for the enviroment or that they had a ~38 man roster.

Protect the Lumber

Current guild that I am in. I am seeking a more progression oriented guild, and would like to raid more often, looking to get higher US ranks.

Other Information:

- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

Micro Bar hidden in combat.

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/mal%27ganis/jack%C3%9Fau%C3%ABr/
http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/area%20 ... C3%9Fauer/

- Alts & their name/level:

Dëxter, 90 Warlock @ Mal'Ganis

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):

E-Mail: [email protected]

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:

MMO-Champ post, as well as wowprogress ranking.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?

You guys raid 5days/week, and at times that fit my schedule, and do all of this while retaining a fairly high ranking.

But, like I told Grouch, I would have to work something out for a paid xfer.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?

Video Card: NVidia GeForce GT 520
Memory: 18 GB
Normally get around 30 or so FPS during a 25 man encounter, if it were to become a problem then I could turn down some graphic settings.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

This was completely my own work.

Chance
User

Re: 551 DPS DK

Postby Chance » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Forgot to add on the UI part of my app that I use a Razer Naga, thus being why 1-= is bound.

Nachthymnen
User

Postby Nachthymnen » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:32 pm

Heya Jack, thanks for the nicely filled out application. Our resident DKs will look over this soon, but in the mean time:

Your speedtest concerns me. Do you have many issues with unplayable lag or disconnecting?

There are a few sticklers in the guild about not having any special characters in your name. Any complaints with this?

And here's a WoL link for others looking over the app:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/vxnpjuno688c0ckl/

Chance
User

Postby Chance » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:44 pm

Nachthymnen wrote:Heya Jack, thanks for the nicely filled out application. Our resident DKs will look over this soon, but in the mean time:

Your speedtest concerns me. Do you have many issues with unplayable lag or disconnecting?

There are a few sticklers in the guild about not having any special characters in your name. Any complaints with this?

And here's a WoL link for others looking over the app:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/vxnpjuno688c0ckl/

Not at all, my ms is ~53 generally on Mal'Ganis.

I don't mind swapping my name to not have special characters, so that is not a problem.

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Heyo! I'm Dance, one of our resident DK's here. Everything looks solid, I'll pour of your logs in detail after raid tonight, other than that I'd like to see some explanations for glyph usage depending on utility on different fights.
#thestruggle

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:04 am

would you be available to speak with us on mumble monday around 6:30pm eastern time?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Chance
User

Postby Chance » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:11 am

Sure thing, just shoot me a whisper.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:31 pm

I'll be a few minutes late, on my way home from work now.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”