Voltine - Elemental Shaman

Baddies
Volt
User

Voltine - Elemental Shaman

Postby Volt » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:57 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 34 - Fla
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 6pm eastern till midnite Daily weekends varies rather or not i go fishing
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes 100%
-- Tuesday: Yes 100%
-- Wednesday: Yes 100%
-- Thursday: Yes 100%
-- Sunday: Yes 100%
- Do any others have access to your account? My 11 year old Son ( plays a rogue )
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes Mobile
- How long have you played WoW: 6 Years
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
( MOP )
ToT - 9/13H ( currently )
MSV - 5/6H
HoF - 3/6H
Toes 4/4N
( CATA)
DS - 6/8H
FL - 2/7H
Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Voltine - Shaman
- Race & why did you choose it: Panda Bear - Food Buff as i am alliance and i dont like dwarfs or dran
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... e/advanced
- Can you describe the ruckus? two cats in a alley
- Professions and why did you choose them: Eng ( haste on CD for burst ) Alchy ( Stronger Pots and longer flasks )
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? MS is Elemental with a OS of resto. I generaly run old content as Resto and lfrs as its a change of pace i enjoy both specs equaly.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: 12127 Haste Cap for my extra flame shock ticks then stacking mastery for my ele overload. as you can see by what i have i been stacking up on Haste/Mastery gear to obtain this with a few gem combos that might scratch your head.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Cookie cutter elemental shaman glyphs ( CL,SW,LS ) with CL swaped out for SR in non cleave fights
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? keep Dots up ( fS ) Lava Burst on Cooldown along with Asd and EB on cooldown folled by LB as my filler and movement dps
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Havent realy RBG or arena yet
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Ascension - Stormrage 4 months ( people not showing up for raids guild fell apart )
Titan - Bloodhof ( guild Broke up )
Indestructible - Kel'thuzad ( current guild , not every guild is for for everyone just feel a negative vibe here and not realy enjoying raiding with them )
Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: Image
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-x ... details/6/ http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-x ... details/6/
- Alts & their name/level: Saxä - DK ( 513 ) ßloodie - Priest ( 531 ) - ßlackie Warlock( 527) Plus 8 other 90's around 500 ilvl
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): skype : booty.poppin2
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Saw alot of post's that you all needed a shaman so here i am to end your search
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I know my gramar is horrible blame it on my backwoods schools. I'm a county guy who loves to fish and hunt but also been adicted to MMO's for almost 20 years.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? 965 AMD ( 3.9ghz) 16gig ram GTX 660ti 2gig . i run at Ulta and run aorund 37 lowest i'll dip is 13fps ( ussaly i drop to good for heavy graphic fights )
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. Image
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

Amye
User

Re: Voltine - Elemental Shaman

Postby Amye » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:04 pm

herro i like your paint. would you stay panda for horde? and how do you feel about your name, i ask because we already have someone named Voltshot : x

Volt
User

Postby Volt » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:09 pm

Most likely i would Roll Troll to add berserk in with my burst . and as far as my name i would have no objections woudlnt wanna confuse anyone and being small server i'm sure i can find another one that would suit my style

Kegg
User

Postby Kegg » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:21 pm

Gonna have to dock you points for not liking dwarves :evil:

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: 12127 Haste Cap for my extra flame shock ticks then stacking mastery for my ele overload. as you can see by what i have i been stacking up on Haste/Mastery gear to obtain this with a few gem combos that might scratch your head.
Inc slew of questions.

How did you arrive at this number?

Why int/stam instead of int/spirit gems?

How or what do you use to do reforging?

What resources do you use to keep up with things of the ele related type?

Indestructible - Kel'thuzad ( current guild , not every guild is for for everyone just feel a negative vibe here and not realy enjoying raiding with them )
Could you explain this a little more? Just kind of curious what's leading to the vibes.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:46 pm

you could name yourself whatever you want. if i were to move to a guild that already had a grouch i wouldn't change my name very much just because of that.

overall a good application. looking forward to seeing a response to keg's questions.

as discussed in-game, voltine is comfortable playing both resto and elemental as the content demands.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Frozensoup
User

Postby Frozensoup » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:53 am

Volt wrote:- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?

I know you are primarily applying as elemental, so I don't fault you for not answering this question. However, you (and grouch) mentioned that you enjoy resto and are comfortable playing it as well. I would like to know your approach to healing and your thoughts on the upcoming changes to the spec in 5.4, if you've looked at them.

Volt
User

Postby Volt » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:31 am

Kegg wrote:Gonna have to dock you points for not liking dwarves :evil:

Inc slew of questions.

How did you arrive at this number?

Why int/stam instead of int/spirit gems?

How or what do you use to do reforging?

What resources do you use to keep up with things of the ele related type?

Could you explain this a little more? Just kind of curious what's leading to the vibes.

1.8106 haste is +3 12137 is + 4 16204 +5 of flameshock mmochamp looked up haste breakpoints

2. till i swap out some of my OS i do not need the extra spirit i'm already .50% over the hit cap adding 160 but tbh i havent checked what swaping that one gem out would do to my reforgeing i will try it here in a min.

3. i use reforge light and try to browse mmochamp and post from leeds

4. mmochamp as well as leeds post along with fatguys strats

5. i dont like to bad mouth a guild as a whole in public. but when you throw 5 females together in a group and all you all nite is the 5 guys battleing it out for HBIC it gets tireing.

Volt
User

Postby Volt » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:44 am

Frozensoup wrote:
Volt wrote:- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?

I know you are primarily applying as elemental, so I don't fault you for not answering this question. However, you (and grouch) mentioned that you enjoy resto and are comfortable playing it as well. I would like to know your approach to healing and your thoughts on the upcoming changes to the spec in 5.4, if you've looked at them.

I will run lfr as resto tonite to show some use of Cooldowns etc . But in a nut shell i keep riptide up on tanks chain healing and throwing out my Healing rain on aoe damage. i mean its kinda hard to explain as every time its differnt i mean i'll be tossing a ghw out there randomly and healing surge along with watching for my time to throw out healing tide.

Dang it late for work i'll touch up on this after work and with some posted logs

Volt
User

Postby Volt » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:45 am

grouch wrote:you could name yourself whatever you want. if i were to move to a guild that already had a grouch i wouldn't change my name very much just because of that.

overall a good application. looking forward to seeing a response to keg's questions.

as discussed in-game, voltine is comfortable playing both resto and elemental as the content demands.

True but with a new home ( hopefuly longterm ) its sometimes best to say good bye to the old and hello to the new.

Kegg
User

Postby Kegg » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:35 pm

1.8106 haste is +3 12137 is + 4 16204 +5 of flameshock mmochamp looked up haste breakpoints

2. till i swap out some of my OS i do not need the extra spirit i'm already .50% over the hit cap adding 160 but tbh i havent checked what swaping that one gem out would do to my reforgeing i will try it here in a min.

5. i dont like to bad mouth a guild as a whole in public. but when you throw 5 females together in a group and all you all nite is the 5 guys battleing it out for HBIC it gets tireing.

1. I'll have to poke around mmo-c. Last I knew there were no specific breakpoints to hit sans the 50% and 100% marks, since the dps gain from ls is minute. Or I could just be out of date with that info. XD

2. If you did swap both timeless gems to spirit you would end up getting 320 of a stat that can be reforged unlike stam.

3-4. Alrighty.

5. Fair enough.

Have you ever used simulationcraft or tried to dabble with it at all?

Volt
User

Postby Volt » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:33 pm

Kegg wrote:

1. I'll have to poke around mmo-c. Last I knew there were no specific breakpoints to hit sans the 50% and 100% marks, since the dps gain from ls is minute. Or I could just be out of date with that info. XD

2. If you did swap both timeless gems to spirit you would end up getting 320 of a stat that can be reforged unlike stam.

3-4. Alrighty.

5. Fair enough.

Have you ever used simulationcraft or tried to dabble with it at all?

All i know about sim craft is how to import my char and run a test not quite sure how 2 test tweaks and stuff would love to learn

Volt
User

Postby Volt » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:30 am

Sorry for late resto logs last nite ques where 45mins for healer here is quick p3 lfr this am

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rzb4rnvlsnv3gcis/

Volt
User

Postby Volt » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:49 am

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:22 pm

would you be available monday night around 8pm eastern time to speak with us on mumble?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Volt
User

Postby Volt » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:28 pm

Yes i can and i will be on

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”