Melocke - Ret Paladin

Baddies
Melocke
User

Melocke - Ret Paladin

Postby Melocke » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:27 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 24; Maine, USA
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Most of the time, if there's something to do.
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: yes
-- Tuesday: yes
-- Wednesday: yes
-- Thursday: yes
-- Sunday: yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: I started near the end of BC, played until Ulduar; came back near the end of Cata.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): MSV/HOF heroics, though most were after 5.2; 3/13H ToT

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Melocke, Paladin
- Race & why did you choose it: Blood elf, it was the only one available!
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... cke/simple
- Can you describe the ruckus? http://i.imgur.com/J2KHjMV.jpg

- Professions and why did you choose them: mining/blacksmithing. extra sockets are cool; mining was to get ore (and for the stamina) in wrath and I just never changed it.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? main spec ret, off spec prot. I play prot if I need to, it uses most of the same gear as ret.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Haste haste haste!

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:

Ret: glyph of templar's verdict, always to take less damage. double jeopardy is a dps increase for target switching; mass exorcism as a default unless i need more ranged
those are the defaults that I use, there's not really many other choices. divine protection if there's physical aoe instead of magical for a fight, maybe avenging wrath instead of double jeopardy if it's a single target only fight, but it doesn't help that much

Prot: battle healer, obviously. focused shield if single target fight; divine protection if there's not much magic damage; alabaster shield for dps if a fight doesnt require something else.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? clcret, basically, though it doesn't account for T15 2set and it always tries to tell me to refresh inquisition way too early.
hammer of wrath > exorcism > crusader strike > judgement; using templar's verdict at 5 hp or 3 hp if nothing else is up, or if I'm at the end of a trinket proc or whatever. judgement when i'm out of melee range. assuming the debuffs from judgement and t15 2set are on the target.
execution stance on cooldown, however I try to time it at the end of my trinket proc (ji-kun feather)

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? not a healer.

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): just started doing arena a couple weeks ago, we are 1700 or something

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Serenity (Anub'Arak); reasons for leaving are that I left the raid group due to the leader being a douche

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i.imgur.com/w3M60EA.jpg
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/bl1b ... ?enc=kills
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jcxc ... 17&e=12020
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jcxc ... 74&e=13144

- Alts & their name/level: Sattva 90 monk; Mol 90 priest; Tamas 90 mage; Belie 90 druid (Anub'arak)
Melocke 90 DK; Ianus 90 warlock; Aiolos 90 hunter (Stormrage)

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): Skype: melocke1

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: guild recruitment forums; don't know anyone.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? Seems like a good fit for us, a stable guild that isn't going anywhere as well as being progression minded and being able to accomplish that. I am applying with my mage friend, Theultimatum.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Dell XPS8500; Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @3.40GHz 3.40GHz; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7700 - no FPS issues in 25 mans, I'm not sure what it actually is, but I don't notice it being lower than when doing anything else

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2878710202

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
http://i.imgur.com/BkaMI4W.jpg

Nordiah
User

Re: Melocke - Ret Paladin

Postby Nordiah » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:36 pm

Your armory only shows you completing 1/13 heroics.

Why didn't you go for the socket bonus in your belt?

Why Pandaren Step on your boots and not 175 hit/haste?

What's your rotation during wings?

Melocke
User

Postby Melocke » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:42 pm

Nordiah wrote:Your armory only shows you completing 1/13 heroics.

Why didn't you go for the socket bonus in your belt?

Why Pandaren Step on your boots and not 175 hit/haste?

What's your rotation during wings?

The other kills were on my monk - Sattva.

Crit is pretty shit for ret.

Movement speed mostly, if I was using pursuit of justice talent I'd do haste enchant.

During wings it's the same rotation, but judgement over crusader's strike since I'm not able to use both with the reduced cooldown of HotW.

Melocke
User

Postby Melocke » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:45 pm

Oops - didn't mention 4set proc - not going to use judgement over CS if I don't have a proc already!

Nachthymnen
User

Postby Nachthymnen » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:58 pm

Melocke wrote:- Professions and why did you choose them: mining/blacksmithing. extra sockets are cool; mining was to get ore (and for the stamina) in wrath and I just never changed it.

You'll be expected to min/max everything within reason in Simple Math, including professions. Is this a problem? Don't expect to be promoted to full member with Mining as a profession.

Melocke wrote:- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Haste haste haste!

Could you go into a lot more detail on this?

Melocke wrote:- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Serenity (Anub'Arak); reasons for leaving are that I left the raid group due to the leader being a douche

This is disconcerting. Could you go into a bit more detail?

Melocke
User

Postby Melocke » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:09 pm

Nachthymnen wrote:You'll be expected to min/max everything within reason in Simple Math, including professions. Is this a problem? Don't expect to be promoted to full member with Mining as a profession.

Yeah of course, probably going to change it to enchanting.

Haste lowers the cooldown of the main dps abilities of a ret paladin, as well as the GCD
Secondary to haste would be mastery, as it increases the additional holy damage.

Nachthymnen wrote:This is disconcerting. Could you go into a bit more detail?

He kept kicking me from the group because I didn't agree with him on something - wasting the whole raid's time and forcing no one to raid that night. I didn't want to put up with that stupid shit any more so I told them to find someone else to raid with them.

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Nachthymnen wrote:This is disconcerting. Could you go into a bit more detail?

He kept kicking me from the group because I didn't agree with him on something - wasting the whole raid's time and forcing no one to raid that night. I didn't want to put up with that stupid shit any more so I told them to find someone else to raid with them.

I'm still a bit unclear with this. What exactly was the disagreement that led to this happening?

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:44 pm

I don't like the answer that 'crit is shit'. Can you use math to back up your reasoning for turning down 120 crit (while also gaining 80 strength) at the expense of 160 haste.

Your other answers to Nord's questions are okay with your corrections about the 4 set.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Melocke
User

Postby Melocke » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:01 pm

Mist wrote:I'm still a bit unclear with this. What exactly was the disagreement that led to this happening?

I suggested switching healers out because one is clearly better - but the one that isn't is the raid leaders best friend.

Ninetales wrote:I don't like the answer that 'crit is shit'. Can you use math to back up your reasoning for turning down 120 crit(while also gaining 80 strength) at the expense of 160 haste.

Hmm I wasn't thinking about the strength, probably would be better to switch - that and I use the same belt for prot spec as well.

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:13 pm

Was this an isolated event or did it happen often? Just quitting over one isolated event worries me.

Melocke
User

Postby Melocke » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:16 pm

Mist wrote:Was this an isolated event or did it happen often? Just quitting over one isolated event worries me.

The issue had been going on for a while - when it literally stopped the raid because he kept kicking me from the group, that's when I'd had enough.

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Hm. Alright.

Frozensoup
User

Postby Frozensoup » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:02 pm

Melocke wrote:- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? Seems like a good fit for us, a stable guild that isn't going anywhere as well as being progression minded and being able to accomplish that. I am applying with my mage friend, Theultimatum.

Is this a package deal or is it just something that would be nice if worked out?

Nordiah
User

Postby Nordiah » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:05 pm

Pursuit of justice is superior to the other two talents in that tier. The only fight that has required you to get something else in the last two raid tiers is heroic lei shen. I would switch and change your boot enchant.

Melocke
User

Postby Melocke » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:07 am

Frozensoup wrote:Is this a package deal or is it just something that would be nice if worked out?

Yeah, we are looking to transfer and raid together.

Nordiah wrote:Pursuit of justice is superior to the other two talents in that tier. The only fight that has required you to get something else in the last two raid tiers is heroic lei shen. I would switch and change your boot enchant.

Is PoJ actually better than long arm of the law, without factoring in boot enchants? I like long arm for ji-kun and iron qon, though PoJ may be enough for those if I pooled holy power

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”