- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: yes
-- Tuesday: yes
-- Wednesday: yes
-- Thursday: yes
-- Sunday: yes
- Do any others have access to your account? no
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why?yes i do have an authenticator
- How long have you played WoW: ive been playing since cata, my /played is 94 days
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): current tier i am 11/13h

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: bluuerr, spriest
- Race & why did you choose it: troll, and because its the best race for my class
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/i ... r/advanced
- Can you describe the ruckus?
- Professions and why did you choose them: blacksmith and Engineering its the biggest dps increase for my class
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? n/a
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: my gear is all focused to shadow for the best dps i can do. i doo not have a viable off spec for my priest
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: my glyphs sometimes change for each fight but mainly i use glyph of mind flay, inner fire and inner sanctum to take less damage
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? normal rotation would be opening with halo , my 2 dots then popping synapse springs berserking then DP them nd flay(insanity) then bakc to mind blast, keep my 2 dots up then mind flay as filler
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): 1800 in rated bgs
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: my current guild is age of aggression and im leaving because of the guild management is changing in the wrong direction and we are not progressing on lei shen because they are focusing on gearing new recruits

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://imgur.com/sUXaqAD
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kg7ujlwaxyrzw16n/
- Alts & their name/level: i have 4 others 90s blueer(ele shaman) bbluer(mage)blueerr(lock) blueerr(boomkin)
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected]
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: i was looking thru wow progress and looking for guilds to recruiting a spriest
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? i choose simple math because you guys seem very organized and know what you guys are doing. The guild management look like it running alot better than mine is
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? typical fps is about 40-50 my video card is an intel hd graphics 4000, 6 gigs of ram and i5 core 3210m processor
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2841796356
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).http://imgur.com/e42N3F1

one last thing i want to say is, i am current main spec boomkin in my guild and i was soon switching to spriest in my current guild because they saw how well i was at spriest and they recruited a new boomkin so it was a even trade, i know my spriest is undergeared alot but my numbers are still really decent imo. but i alway stive for the best numbers that wont affect my survability in a fight, i always do mechanics first then dps because im not use to you guys in raid if im dead all the time cause im too focused on dpsing instead of moving out of something. i always wanted to say is that me being a spriest will benefit you guys than if i was a boomkin.

Rude
User

Re: spriest 531 ilvl 11/13h

Postby Rude » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:03 am

blueerr wrote:- Can you describe the ruckus?

While not a terribly important question to the recruitment process, it's still required!

Also I'm curious for a screenshot of your actual shadow priest's UI.
[12:18] [G] [Carbonlight]: is a fleshlight the "plug" or the "socket"?

blueerr
User

Postby blueerr » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:18 am

damn it sorry, i knew i skipped a question just couldnt find it, but the ruckus is from the breakfast club, it is way before my time since i am only 20 but i googled it and i saw it was on the breakfast club, its was quite a funny scense to watch,

and here is a screen shot of my priest ui
http://imgur.com/gBp6ggi

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:58 am

Your screenshot is incredibly cluttered, do you find it hard to avoid void zones like that? I'd also like to inquire on the necessity of having your flask and food buffs be that massive, it may not be prime real estate on your ui, but it's still extra room taken up. Also your recount is bigger than your dot watcher, unit frames, and target frames.
#thestruggle

blueerr
User

Postby blueerr » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:40 am

My flask and food buff is a weak aura that is telling me I do not have one active. It's goes away once I have flashed and welll fed and also I have never died to standing in void zones . I rarely die to void zones or area abilities, and my ui is still in the making still messing with it and making it better to see everything a lot more but if you look at logs my surviablity is ussually pretty high always above 90%.

Frozensoup
User

Postby Frozensoup » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:41 am

You're about 100 points away from hit cap. Is there a reason for this?

You could:
-Unforge your boots for +205 hit (-205 mastery)
-Forge your offhand for -265 hit (+265 mastery)
-Regem your chest with reckless/quick/energized.

Net stat change (assuming I'm doing my math correctly):
-320 haste
+100 hit/spirit
+60 mastery
+240 int

Is that worth it to you? How do you value your stats? In particular, how do you value haste relative to int? (If you wanted, you could take 80 int for 100 haste in boots and 140 int for 160 haste in offhand by gemming for socket bonuses)

Do you ever change around your talents? If so, which talents do you use on which fights and why?

How do you feel about Glyph of Dark Binding?

blueerr
User

Postby blueerr » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:18 am

to my reforging i was messing with some simcrafts to see my dps and i recently got my breath so yes i would be going back to 80-160 haste and to my under hit cap, i have no idea how that happen unless i misclick and restored a reforge and which would put me under hit cap.

for you talent question yes i would change alot for all the fights in tot
jin'rok i would use power infusion and halo and solace and insanity, PI is the best damage output on this fight since it scales with the puddle, halo is better single target damage than the other two and solace insanity would be use on every boss except lei shen where it becomes viable because of the movement in lei shen fight esspicaly in p3.
horridon- i would use twist of fate and cascade, ToF would get me the most damage because since there is so much adds i can keep up ToF for a long period of time and for cascade, the adds are to spread out for halo so cascade would do the max dps.
council- i would choose ToF because of the loa's and the twisted fate that high proestess spawns when she is empowered and also cascade for this fight too cause the bosses are not stacked.
tortos- i would choose ToF becasue of the bats and also the whirl turtle and halo because of the grouped up bats but if i was assignled on turtles and was told not to touch bats then cascade would be better
mag-ToF because of the mutiple head in the fight and the adds in the fight but if i was assinged not to touch the adds i would choose divine insight for the max up time on Devouring plague and halo would be the choose because it can hit the adds for extra cleave damage even tho its focuces for the boss.
ji-kun- i would choose PI because it will scale with the primal nutrinets buff and DS for the adds on the nest.
durumuu- PI because of the lust at the start would make PI really strong and i would choose cascade because of the ice walls.
primo- i would choose ToF because of the adds that spawn are supposed to be killed for the buff so with that i can keep up ToF for a good period of time and i would choose cascade because the adds are too spread out.
DA- i would choose DI because its a huge multi dotting fight where it would increase single target on the boss, also i would choose cascade for more multi dotting unless i was told not too then i would choose halo for fingle target damage once all the adds were dead.
Iron Qon- i would choose DI because of the multi dotting in P3 witht he 3 dogs plus iron qon and i would choose halo because the adds are stacked up.
twins- i would choose DI because i need to push out alot of single target damage and it will help in p3 when both bosses are out and i would choose halo because of the adds that appear at the start of p2 and of course halo is the main choice for single target.
lei shen i would choose DI and the only time that from darkness, comes light can be used since its an instance cast it can be helpful in movement spots and same with DI.
raden - i would chose ToF because of the orbs that spawn and the adds and also Divine start for the healing and or cascade to help kill adds.

as of glyphs i ussauly choose dark binding i was just changing it out for heroic jin-rokh to max out surviablity.
yes i know dark binding can give me heals while in shadow form but if you ever played a spriest our off heals are complete shit so moving out of shadow for the show period of time is worth it. plus i gained 50% more armour when i had that glyph.

Nykez
User

Postby Nykez » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:29 pm

Why are you not applying on the toon you main? IE Your balance druid Blueerr? He is afterall the toon you have 11/13 on and SM is looking for balance druids as well. He is also more geared than your spriest atm which is no big deal. Just a question as I saw only 2/13 heroic completed on your Priest and it stumped me as to why you are applying on a toon thats not your main.

Nykez
User

Postby Nykez » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:43 pm

So disregard that last post was on my phone and didn't see the main switch all the way at the bottom of your app. We are in high need of range moonkin or spriest.(and I hate not being able to edit forum posts that are not in a topic made by me) Do you feel 100% comfortable making the switch from moonkin to spriest?

blueerr
User

Postby blueerr » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:48 pm

my spriest is 2/13h cause we do an alt run in our guild. and i know my main is a balance druid. i just dont feel like im a good boomkin, unless you guys see good potential in my boomkin parses then ill be more than happy to reapply as a boomkin. but i just feel more well suited to play a spriest than a boomkin, but if you guys see tru potential in my logs as a boomkin i will be more than happy to reapply or send you guys some logs over my boomkin.

blueerr
User

Postby blueerr » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:50 pm

yes i feel 100% comfprtable going to spriest from moonkin. spriest was my main back in cata, i just switched to moonkin for my old guild in zuluhed

Rayen
User

Postby Rayen » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:45 pm

blueerr wrote:- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: my gear is all focused to shadow for the best dps i can do. i doo not have a viable off spec for my priest

Can you go into more detail about this? Why is it best for shadow, why did you choose 4 piece, why mastery over crit...etc.

blueerr wrote:
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? normal rotation would be opening with halo , my 2 dots then popping synapse springs berserking then DP them nd flay(insanity) then bakc to mind blast, keep my 2 dots up then mind flay as filler

What do you do when Unerring Vision procs? When using DI, how do you manage the DI procs? If MB is flashing at you and you have a 3 orb DP ready with Insanity waiting after it, what do you do?

blueerr wrote:durumuu- PI because of the lust at the start would make PI really strong and i would choose cascade because of the ice walls.

I know you haven't done this on Heroic with your priest but you are familiar with the fight. Do you think PI gives a total DPS increase over the course of the fight, even with the addition of Ice Walls?

blueerr wrote:Iron Qon- i would choose DI because of the multi dotting in P3 witht he 3 dogs plus iron qon and i would choose halo because the adds are stacked up.

If this were a progression fight and you were asked to focus down one target at a time, would you still multidot and choose DI?

blueerr wrote:
lei shen i would choose DI and the only time that from darkness, comes light can be used since its an instance cast it can be helpful in movement spots and same with DI.

raden - i would chose ToF because of the orbs that spawn and the adds and also Divine start for the healing and or cascade to help kill adds.

Never ever use FDCL. haha. And for Ra Den, that's wrong but I won't hold it against you because you haven't done it. The orbs need to be bursted down quickly and shadow priest excel at that by using DI and Insanity. Saving a 3 orb DP and DI procs for when the orbs spawn.

It would be nice to have a shadow priest buddy again, so good luck!

blueerr
User

Postby blueerr » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:02 pm

im only using 4 set right now because im just in normal gear, if i was main spec shadow in my current guild i would only go for 2 set because getting the other 3 off pieces would give a better dps increase, since the 4 set for spriest isnt the best at all, as a shadow priest we strive for the most haste possibly. So if i would join you guys i would lose my 4 set and grab more peices with hatste and mastery. and mastery over crit is because of the UVLS. crit loses its value since your dots will be ticking with 100% crit so with mastery you can gain a chance that your dot will damage twice with each tick it does.
When i get a UVLS, i autmatically put up shadow word pain then vampric touch, and if i get a lucky proc it will pop up when i have 3 orbs so then i would use DP then use mind flay(insanity). if i had 3 orbs read and a DI proc i would use my dps and insanity because DI proc last for 12 secs unlike DP only last for 5.66 scs. because mind blast is a 8 sec cooldown you will still have 2 sec cooldown on it after a Dp, mind flay (insanity)

For durmuu- i havent had much experince with heroic on my priest but on progression i would choose DI for sure because of the extra procs for MB which can increase wall damage or boss damage. PI would be more to burst the boss down faster to get less color phases and or ice wall phases.

hmmm for iron qon if it was progeression and i was told to single target i would think ToF would be better cause of the extra damage we get once the boss get under 20%.

and for lei shen and raden, i havent had in chances with them on my priest on heroic. just thought FDLC would be better cause of the instant cast, but guess i am wrong on that and i will fix that mistake, im always open to ideas.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:05 pm

would you have time to speak with us on mumble around 7:30 or 8pm eastern time either thursday or sunday?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

blueerr
User

Postby blueerr » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:14 pm

yes i can make it that time and will have no problem talking to you guys.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”