Collateral - Brewmaster Monk

Baddies
Collateral
User

Collateral - Brewmaster Monk

Postby Collateral » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:57 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 23, Arkansas
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 17 Hours a day.
- Number of Testicles:2
- Can you attend raids on these days: Yes, to all raid times.

- Do any others have access to your account?
Nope
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why?
Yes
- How long have you played WoW: November 24, 2004.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

Pre-TBC

Vicious Cycle 13/15 Naxxramas 40, all other relevant content cleared during that relevant patch.

GM > Lunchmoney

Burning Crusade - Raided on Lethon in Mean Team - Cleared up to Black Temple Council, Took a break from the game. Went to college and got my Degree in Digital arts and Design.

WoTLK - Raided on Oceanic servers with Cool Whip via Caelestrasz server, Horde on my Mage. Cleared H 25 Man LK on June 1st 2010.

Cataclysm - In the beginning of the xpansion I was more focused on my Editing for Machinima and 3D Editing. During the later part of the expansion is when I started to raid hardcore.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/i ... r/advanced

This is my arms / fury warrior I played on during the later part of the expansion.

Joined Korgath, Raided with Burning Sensations 10 man Group for 2 months, over 500 Attemps on Heroic Rag, pre nerf.

After moving for 1 month, out of the country.. Was replaced, Joined Dread, because there MT / Guild Master wasn't around.

Raided End of Firelands with Dread.

Beginning of Dragon Soul

Joined Team Malice Aka TM on Gul'dan before Switching to Zul'Jin.

Stayed in Team Malice Until we got 7/8 Heroic Prenerf spine, then 8/8 Heroic, the day of the 5% nerf.

I also edited all of there video's.

During MoP, I joined Gamble, Quit Playing my Warrior in December, and Joined Unholy Trinity on my Monk, Once March hit.. I went Casual for about 2 months, about 1 month Ago, I came back to the game and started playing again, and in 3 weeks I am now 9/13 Heroic.

Looking for a guild that is serious about Progression.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Collateral , BrewMaster Monk.

- Race & why did you choose it: Dwarf, best alliance race.

- Link to Battle.net Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... l/advanced
- Can you describe the ruckus?
Nope
- Professions and why did you choose them:
Best Professions for BM Monks.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
BM / BM / BM , I hate dps'ing.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
My gear is pretty much set, for all brewmasters, You want as much crit as possible, but can't pick your drops.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Glyphs pretty much stay the same, except for Glyph of Guard on Heroic Meg, other than that, glyphs don't really change that much.. per fight.

Talents change regularly, I will use my Xuen, on most fights, but on atleast 3 or 4 of them I'll use Chi Torpedo, it's a further roll as well as heals.

Chi Torpedo on Tortos, I just get around quicker, and I always keep Tiger's Lust.

I'll also use Charging Ox Wave, on Heroic Tortos, but most fights I will use Leg sweep, this tier doesn't really matter.

Heroic Meg, I'll use a Ring of Peace Macro to macro it to a DK gripping the adds.

Are you profession relevant to your class' role? Are your enchants/gems up to par?

I'm very Profession relevant, Engineering is very good during ToT, I use it alot. Gems / Enchants are good.

** Additional Information, just so you know I understand how much I understand my class **
"Everyday I'm shuffling" - Shuffle is the make or break ability for brewmasters. As with such we try to have as high of a % uptime on it to ensure the boss has 20% of his dmg shifted to stagger, as well as improving parry chance by 20%. With that said a basic starting rotation for me looks as follows.
Ox statue set to center of raid, pre pot agi at 1, Roll to boss for dramatic effect, keg smash, blackout kick, Invoke xuen, jab, tigers palm, jab, blackout kick, tigers palm, keg smash.
The reason this is my standard opening is based on my energy regen. The first 9-10 seconds of the fight are vital to setting yourself up it, is very easy to make two extremely important mistakes in this opening that many monks do consistently. First is to energy cap by not using energy abilities at the proper times, and second delaying keg smash by not hitting it on cd. The easiest way for me to say that is if your hardest hitting ability is 8 seconds, would you glyph it so it could be a 6 second cd? Most people would answer yes. Now would you glyph it to add 2 seconds to the cd with no benefit? No thanks lesson of the story Kegsmash on cd.
Now a few variables come into play with the rotation such as guard, expel harm, and elusive brew.
Expel harm can be used to replace a jab in your rotation once every 15 seconds as it does what jab does, but also heals. Some monks prefer to bank expel harm for an easy heal + 1 chi for purifying brew others use it on cd. Myself I use it based on a fight per fight basis, steady incoming dmg, feel free to use it on cd to replace a jab as long as you have some sort of hp deficit. High incoming dmg fights i'll save it for the high dmg parts since with vengeance it can easily heal 100-200k on myself which buys my healers another few swing timers from the boss.
Guard is an absorp shield similar to pws, coupled with the ability of making my self heals +30%. I treat guard the same way as i treat expel harm, steady incoming damage use on cd, spike damage such as tsulongs breath I make sure I have it up for it. Now their is one other decent trick for using guard that is a situation that can happen often in hm raiding. If a boss manages to get me into a death zone aka a place where i can die from the next melee swing. I will pop guard and abuse the 30% healing by casting expel harm on myself while picking up my goto orbs from the ground.
Elusive brew is an avoidance cd that is used on cd around the 6-10 stack points. The only fight in which i have held onto those elusive procs is on sha of fear which i make sure that i always have an eb up for thrash regardless of stack number.

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
2100 Rated, Monk FC. Only Monk FC I know.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

Past 2 Years, Dread, Team Malice(Do I need Say why? I left.) Unholy Trinity, Broke Up, Limited Liability, everyone left.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
http://i.imgur.com/WHU9Mjp.jpg

Video of UI as well

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/ ... 8llateral/

- Alts & their name/level:
90 Warrior
Plezz, Burning Blade.
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): Skype = CollateralGaming

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I was doing Geometry.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
Looking for serious Progression.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
48 gigs of ram, i7 990x, 75fps +
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

Good Internet, strong. Like Yoda.
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

http://imgur.com/a/HjZq4

grouch
Admin

Re: Collateral - Brewmaster Monk

Postby grouch » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:59 am

Collateral wrote:- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 17 Hours a day.

that's a lot of time - do you see this changing in the future? i ask because all of our raiders need to have a stable schedule as well as stable and sufficient income.

Collateral wrote:- Race & why did you choose it: Dwarf, best alliance race.

can you elaborate? which race would you be on horde side and why?

Collateral wrote:- Can you describe the ruckus?
Nope

not even going to try?

Collateral wrote:- Professions and why did you choose them:

can you elaborate on this?

Collateral wrote:- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?

as we discussed, it's fine to prefer one role but not being able to play a second role means we'll need one additional dps in our roster to cover a tank spot when there is no room for two or three tanks in the fight.

Collateral wrote:- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
My gear is pretty much set, for all brewmasters, You want as much crit as possible, but can't pick your drops.

any other comments aside from wanting crit?

Collateral wrote:Are you profession relevant to your class' role? Are your enchants/gems up to par?

I'm very Profession relevant, Engineering is very good during ToT, I use it alot. Gems / Enchants are good.

is this from another copy-paste application or are you just asking yourself questions?

Collateral wrote:- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

please complete this question.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:59 am

What is it with people and not understanding the ruckus these days. It's a right awful shame.
#thestruggle

Collateral
User

Postby Collateral » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:10 pm

grouch wrote:
Collateral wrote:- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 17 Hours a day.

that's a lot of time - do you see this changing in the future? i ask because all of our raiders need to have a stable schedule as well as stable and sufficient income.

Collateral wrote:- Race & why did you choose it: Dwarf, best alliance race.

can you elaborate? which race would you be on horde side and why?

Collateral wrote:- Can you describe the ruckus?
Nope

not even going to try?

Collateral wrote:- Professions and why did you choose them:

can you elaborate on this?

Collateral wrote:- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?

as we discussed, it's fine to prefer one role but not being able to play a second role means we'll need one additional dps in our roster to cover a tank spot when there is no room for two or three tanks in the fight.

Collateral wrote:- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:

any other comments aside from wanting crit?

Collateral wrote:Are you profession relevant to your class' role? Are your enchants/gems up to par?

is this from another copy-paste application or are you just asking yourself questions?

Collateral wrote:- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

please complete this question.

I've played this game a while It might change when i rejoin college this fall.

Horde, I will go Panda or Tauren.

I don't know what ruckus is, do I need to.

Engineering is great profession for raiding, and I find it great for tanking. Especially the Mobility of it.
Leatherworking is great as well, +500 Agi to bracers, and it's relevant to my class.

I have absolutely no interest in DPS'ing. If you need a Tank that also needs to dps. I will pass.

Choice of gear, is pretty much the same for each class, Brewmaster Monks, want to Invest in Crit, for uptimes on Elusive brew, as well as, investing the right amount of haste around 5 to 7k, and enough mastery as well, but not as important.

Yea some of the Information I Copy pasted.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2816271038

Rude
User

Postby Rude » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:26 pm

Did you really use MS Paint for that those are awfully fancy
[12:18] [G] [Carbonlight]: is a fleshlight the "plug" or the "socket"?

Frozensoup
User

Postby Frozensoup » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:15 pm

Rude wrote:Did you really use MS Paint for that those are awfully fancy

They are pretty fancy.

I have a different issue with them, though. I might be the only one, but I read from left-to-right. "Math to the Simple" doesn't really make me think <Simple Math>.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:42 pm

would you be able to speak with us on mumble sunday afternoon? are you saved to throne of thunder at all this week?
if you never tasted joy

Collateral
User

Postby Collateral » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:31 pm

grouch wrote:would you be able to speak with us on mumble sunday afternoon? are you saved to throne of thunder at all this week?

Yes, i can talk, Not saved.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:15 am

k i'll look for you around 4.
if you never tasted joy

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:08 pm

grouch wrote:k i'll look for you around 4.

that was eastern time, looking for you now.
if you never tasted joy

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:39 am

maybe one day he'll find a group of people who can stand him.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11041224035

andorhal: plezzureable

burning-blade: plezz plezzure plezzurebank

illidan: Öøöøöøöøöøöø ßonesçythe cøllateral captivates collateral squîrtle

kiljaeden: cøllateral plezzure

lothar: feärless trapcode

malganis: cøllateral

senjin: plezzure

spirestone: hakshtar plezzure

tichondrius: cøllateral collateral nineset plezzure plezzureable

573 BM Monk LF Guild

Can Only Raid Sun - Thursday Anytimes. No Weekend Guilds!

Please post your sh*t below! Thanks.

Pref 11/14 Heroic +
if you never tasted joy

Kegg
User

Postby Kegg » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:29 am

Watch out, you're messing with the gm of a number 1 u.s weekend guild!

Frozensoup
User

Postby Frozensoup » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:58 am

Well, he may very well have dug his own grave in that thread.

Kegg
User

Postby Kegg » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:14 am

One could hope.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:14 pm

Oh wow, talk about some scumbag comments from him...

this thread is getting good :D
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”