Re: Deance - Unholy DK

Postby Dance » Sun May 19, 2013 12:49 am

Alrighty, sounds fine to me.
#thestruggle

Nize
User

Postby Nize » Sun May 19, 2013 4:16 pm

Going through your application and answers one last time - I seemed to have missed this:

I use Rolling Blood for every fight unless I need to pull dots off a target to stop dps during a fight, in which case I use Plague Leech. Unholy Blight is pure trash for Unholy, as it constantly overrides our dots, even if the AP is lower on the second tick, Rolling Blood is the superior choice for AOE.

This is incorrect.

For Festerblight, it is the most optimal single target talent - as you can use it on the pull for the initial set of diseases, and by the time it falls off, your AP will be scaling up. By that time you'll have saved a rune for your reapplication. However, I very rarely switch from Roiling Blood for any fight - since they all seem to have adds.

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Sun May 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Nize wrote:Going through your application and answers one last time - I seemed to have missed this:

I use Rolling Blood for every fight unless I need to pull dots off a target to stop dps during a fight, in which case I use Plague Leech. Unholy Blight is pure trash for Unholy, as it constantly overrides our dots, even if the AP is lower on the second tick, Rolling Blood is the superior choice for AOE.

This is incorrect.

For Festerblight, it is the most optimal single target talent - as you can use it on the pull for the initial set of diseases, and by the time it falls off, your AP will be scaling up. By that time you'll have saved a rune for your reapplication. However, I very rarely switch from Roiling Blood for any fight - since they all seem to have adds.

True, I don't play Festerblight however, seeing as how it's been reliant on a rogue to be comparable this patch and I lacked that luxury. With the reverted changes in 5.3 it's looking to be a good choice though, since the damage will no longer rely on Tricks of the Trade to stay on top. In normal Unholy play it's no comparison though, in single target or otherwise. Plague Leech allows free application of dots on high stacks of Trinkets very quickly, and Rolling Blood is incredibly well versed in AOE.
#thestruggle

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sun May 19, 2013 4:47 pm

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Rude
User

Postby Rude » Sun May 19, 2013 4:49 pm

R-O-I-L-I-N-G
[12:18] [G] [Carbonlight]: is a fleshlight the "plug" or the "socket"?

Nize
User

Postby Nize » Sun May 19, 2013 4:51 pm

Oak wrote:
Nize wrote:Going through your application and answers one last time - I seemed to have missed this:

This is incorrect.

True, I don't play Festerblight however, seeing as how it's been reliant on a rogue to be comparable this patch and I lacked that luxury. With the reverted changes in 5.3 it's looking to be a good choice though, since the damage will no longer rely on Tricks of the Trade to stay on top. In normal Unholy play it's no comparison though, in single target or otherwise. Plague Leech allows free application of dots on high stacks of Trinkets very quickly, and Rolling Blood is incredibly well versed in AOE.

While tricks helps Festerblight a ton, it is not completely reliant. It still pulls ahead of normal Unholy if played right.

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Sun May 19, 2013 5:32 pm

Nize wrote:While tricks helps Festerblight a ton, it is not completely reliant. It still pulls ahead of normal Unholy if played right.

That's true, but without Tricks it simply widens the gap in High Risk Medium Reward, If Tricks was available for me I'd of gone with Festerblight play, but as is the difference was small enough that I deemed my preference with normal Unholy Play was worth continuing as such, and I can understand if this is unattractive in my application.

I'm also incredibly embarrassed so have been misreading Roiling Blood for so long, I do believe ritual suicide is the only way to save my family from this dishonor.
#thestruggle

Nize
User

Postby Nize » Sun May 19, 2013 5:42 pm

That's true, but without Tricks it simply widens the gap in High Risk Medium Reward, If Tricks was available for me I'd of gone with Festerblight play, but as is the difference was small enough that I deemed my preference with normal Unholy Play was worth continuing as such, and I can understand if this is unattractive in my application.

Have you tried Festerblight recently? Rather, have you tried it after you got your Fabled Feather of Ji'kun? If not, I strongly recommend you give it a try. The trinket practically makes Festerblight.

Also, you only need to be Tricked once during an entire fight. We have two rogues that can do that, if asked.

I'm also incredibly embarrassed so have been misreading Roiling Blood for so long, I do believe ritual suicide is the only way to save my family from this dishonor.

It's called Seppuku, and it isn't practiced anymore in modern society.

At least I don't think.

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Sun May 19, 2013 5:51 pm

Nize wrote:

Have you tried Festerblight recently? Rather, have you tried it after you got your Fabled Feather of Ji'kun? If not, I strongly recommend you give it a try. The trinket practically makes Festerblight.

Also, you only need to be Tricked once during an entire fight. We have two rogues that can do that, if asked.

It's called Seppuku, and it isn't practiced anymore in modern society.

At least I don't think.

I haven't actually, I'll have to look into it again, the last time I attempted it I was still using two of last tiers trinkets.
I think I'd prefer just drinking the punch honestly, gutting myself doesn't seem the least bit appealing.
#thestruggle

Nize
User

Postby Nize » Sun May 19, 2013 6:04 pm

I haven't actually, I'll have to look into it again, the last time I attempted it I was still using two of last tiers trinkets.

Cool!

If possible, can you make some more logs and post them with you using the Festerblight playstyle? If you're not raiding tonight, hit up an LFR. Some fights I'd really like to see from you:

Jin'rokh
Council
Tortos
Durumu
Iron Qon
Twins

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Sun May 19, 2013 6:31 pm

Nize wrote:

Cool!

If possible, can you make some more logs and post them with you using the Festerblight playstyle? If you're not raiding tonight, hit up an LFR. Some fights I'd really like to see from you:

Jin'rokh
Council
Tortos
Durumu
Iron Qon
Twins

Will do, I'll get them up as soon as possible.
#thestruggle

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Mon May 20, 2013 2:38 am

I've got to head to sleep now, but here's the first three. I'll have the other three in the morning when I get up.
Jin'Rokh: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9 ... =427&e=707
Council: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9 ... 073&e=3451
Tortos: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9 ... 995&e=5269
#thestruggle

Nize
User

Postby Nize » Mon May 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Looks great so far.

Keep in mind, on fights like Megaera you can't use the playstyle - as you're target switching way too much.

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Mon May 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Nize wrote:Looks great so far.

Keep in mind, on fights like Megaera you can't use the playstyle - as you're target switching way too much.

Yeah, and cheesing the fight by cleaving the head you're not killing won't fly in anything that isn't LFR.
Here's the Durumu Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ecn4 ... 087&e=1426
I've queue'd into the final bit of LFR five times this morning and each time I've only gotten Lei-Shen alive, so I apologize on the last two logs you asked for not being done yet.
#thestruggle

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Mon May 20, 2013 2:16 pm

Eighth queue is the charm.
Iron Qon: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o ... 793&e=8256
Twin Consorts: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o ... 177&e=9684 (Complete with tank death and sick Unholy DK Tanking.)
#thestruggle

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”