Akira - Retribution Paladin

Baddies
Akira
User

Akira - Retribution Paladin

Postby Akira » Wed May 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 20, currently live in Maryland
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Usually after 3pm EST until around 3 or 4am, longer if I have nothing to do in the morning.
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No, only me.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes, I do.
- How long have you played WoW: I have actively played since Vanilla, about 9 years now.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Vanilla - Hunter - Cleared all content except for Ragnaros in MC, maintained server first throughout all of Vanilla.

TBC - Hunter - notable kills: Realm first Illdari Council, Realm First Mu'ru, Realm First KJ.

Wrath - Priest/Paladin - Realm first KT, Immortal, Cleared both 10/25 Naxx, Realm First 25 OS+3, Realm First EoE 25, Realm First Yogg +0, ToGC Tribute to immortality, Realm First Light of Dawn, Realm First Halion 25.

Cata - Paladin - Cleared all of t11 with no notable kills, 6/7 heroic FL pre nerf, 7/8H pre 5% 8/8h at 10% (would have gotten it at 5% but our main tank decided that laundry was more important and left)

MoP - Started late in t14, was able to clear heroic MSV, did some heroic ToES and HoF before t15 but nothing notable. Currently 4/13h t15 with attempts on Ji-Kun.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Akira, Retribution Paladin
- Race & why did you choose it: Currently Draenei, I chose it for the hit but considering I'd faction change to horde I'd end up going blood elf because they're pretty and because neither of the horde races for Paladin add anything for ret dps.
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... a/advanced
- Can you describe the ruckus? The breakfast club was an okay movie.
- Professions and why did you choose them:
Engineering - simple, synapse springs has the same CD as ES does, allowing us to basically have 1920 more strength any time we cast ES. On top of rocket boots, it's almost required for any raiding ret paladin right now who wants to min/max.
Blacksmith - the extra sockets allow me to grab extra haste, pretty boring but is the next best choice for us behind engi.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I play holy currently for challenge modes, I am going to switch that to prot once I am finished with them.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: For ret I am looking to maximize the amount of haste on the gear while picking up as much mastery as I can without sacrificing any haste. Haste is our top stat right now with mastery being increasingly better as the expansion goes on. Alongside our set bonuses, our mastery increases our damage exponentially because it is multiplicative with our 2pc and causes our 4pc's damage to scale rather high. Right now weapon damage for ret is king, so as long as the weapon has a higher top end damage, it would be an upgrade for ret.
As for holy or prot, I will admit I don't keep that up to date with their theorycrafting due to the fact I never actually raid as either.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Ret: Double Jeopardy- Most fights allow me to abuse this glyph to increase my dps. It increases the damage done by your next judgement if you cast it on a different target.
Templar's Verdict - Causes me to take 10% less damage after using TV or Exorcism, this is great for any fight because taking less damage allows your healers to worry less about you during high raid damage phases.
Mass exorcism - Causes my exorcism to be a melee ranged attack and hit all targets within 7 yards of my current target. This also applies my 2pc to the targets damaged as well.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? Ret doesn't really have a rotation per say, but we have a FCFS (first come first served) priority system, Inquisition (maintain the buff at all times) > 5HP Templar's Verdict > HoW > Exorcism > CS > Judgement > 3HP Templar's Verdict. Depending on your talents the rotation has a few additions. Also the rotation priority switches a bit depending on the situation, using judgement over CS during your CDs is an overall damage increase but causes clashes with your other abilities. When there is 2 targets, using DS over TV is a dps increase as long as your 4pc isnt active.
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): I don't recall, maybe around 1700 on this character? I am not much of a PvPer anymore.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Contempt - First ever raiding guild, was with these guys from early Vanilla until SWP. Left due to the guild falling apart after many raiders decided to no longer log on.

PvD - Raided only Naxx until Ulduar first came out, left due to guild drama and core leaving the guild.

Calamity - Stayed with them until a few weeks before Cata, left due to real life issues, willing to discuss them in private.

INVICTUS - Left due to lack of progression and the guild not being what I was looking for exactly. The GM was looking for friends rather than raiders and it caused us to be more casual than expected.

Pretension - Last minute raiding group for DS, agreement to go our separate ways after completing the tier.

Gwen Stefani - joined after pretension, overall assholes and immature raid leaders. Wouldn't even really count it as raiding with them, seeing how it was just the down time in DS before MoP.

Edge of Aggression - Joined and about a week after a group of core raiders left to start a 10 man and the GM didn't feel like rebuilding so it fell apart.

Friend Zone - I joined under the pretense that they were more hardcore for a 3 night a week guild but it turns out that they desire friends more than raiders. Basically they've started recruit worse and worse players, and because of that they're losing their better players and it's just going down hill. I feel under appreciated for the amount I show up and how well I perform compared to their current raiders, so I am starting to look elsewhere because I feel that the group isn't what I was recruited for.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i.imgur.com/znZnXqyh.jpg
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0 ... 619&e=3339
- Alts & their name/level: I don't actively play any alts.
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): I'll be honest and say I dont use any type of messenger, best way would be in-game or Email: [email protected]
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I used to raid with Barcode for a while in Cata, and I was once on the server many eons ago.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I wish to join Simple Math because not only have you guys been stable and around for ages you are constantly great. I am looking for a guild where I am going to be challenged to perform better and better ever week. I want a group of players that has the same desire to be the best and maintain dominance. After looking over many logs and other guilds I believe that Simple Math is just what I am looking for.
But also, why me? I pride my self on being the absolute best. Anytime I am out done, I look to find what they did better and improve myself so that next time I come out on top. I am always prepared and ready to explain a fight if anyone needs assistance with understanding a concept. I not only know my class inside and out but I also drive myself to know the game inside and out. I stay on the bleeding edge of my class' theorycrafting, which most of the time I am helping out with. I try my best to bring those around me up by helping them learn a fight or teaching them a new trick to help their DPS. I may seem a tad cocky but that is only because I know what I capable of doing, I am really a nice guy who is fun to be around (at least I think so...) I am here to help others before I help myself. I have tons of free time on my hands and will use that to help the guild in whichever way is needed. I am also a freelance artist, so I am rather good at taking harsh criticism and using it constructively. I used to play SC2 at the Grand Masters level on the NA servers, High Masters on the Korean servers. I play Dota 2 in the Very High skill bracket (top ~15% of the playerbase).
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Phenom ii x4 965 black edition OC to 3.6 GHz, 8gigs of ram, AMD 6890
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/result/2695542777.png
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).http://i.imgur.com/Sb7VrxY.png obviously it's Jaina or Crystal Maiden from dota/WC3

Ninetales
User

Re: Akira - Retribution Paladin

Postby Ninetales » Wed May 08, 2013 1:23 pm

The logs you linked are kinda hard to get an accurate representation of your dps, the only bosses you were in for have special mechanics and you were dead for 40% of one of them.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Akira
User

Postby Akira » Wed May 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Valid point, I just kind of linked the first one I clicked on.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p ... 52&e=11271 Should be a tad better even though it is normal.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Wed May 08, 2013 1:40 pm

how close are you to completing your legendary meta?

Akira
User

Postby Akira » Wed May 08, 2013 1:47 pm

I only have 8 and have cleared all 12 bosses for 4 weeks now, the past few weeks haven't been so kind to me and I only received two secrets the last two weeks. So, best case scenario would be next week after a full clear.

Nordiah
User

Postby Nordiah » Wed May 08, 2013 2:10 pm

Isn't that columbian chick streamer/e-dater in your guild?

Kody
User

Postby Kody » Wed May 08, 2013 4:37 pm

Nordiah wrote:Isn't that columbian chick streamer/e-dater in your guild?

Yeah, god is she annoying.

Akira
User

Postby Akira » Thu May 09, 2013 12:51 am

Yes, yes she is...

Akira
User

Postby Akira » Thu May 09, 2013 12:58 am

The funny part about that is the majority of the guild thinks she's trash and wants to replace her, but her boyfriend and a few of the officers have threatened to leave even if she's sat on one fight.

Nize
User

Postby Nize » Thu May 09, 2013 11:49 am

telling us what your ms paint is ruins all the fun

Nordiah
User

Postby Nordiah » Thu May 09, 2013 11:54 am

Can you explain, in explicit detail, your starting rotation on any given boss fight?

Akira
User

Postby Akira » Thu May 09, 2013 12:27 pm

Nize wrote:telling us what your ms paint is ruins all the fun

Well, I'll have to make something else so you can guess what it is.

Nordiah wrote:Can you explain, in explicit detail, your starting rotation on any given boss fight?

Certainly.

On a typical fight I'll start off by hitting my pre-pot then I go into exorcism, 1hp inquisition(Because of the length on wings now, you always will have to refresh your inquisition at least once during it's duration so it is best to start off with a short one and refresh early into your CDs and not have to worry about refreshing it when you're GoAK stacks are higher), Wings/guardian, HoW, CS, HoW, exorcism, 5hp TV, HoW, etc, ES at 10 stacks of feather unless wings and GoAK are about to fall off.

A few occasions this does change, an example being on Megaera I will open with judgement on the second head and prioritize judgement as a filler during wings due to the double jeopardy glyph, as long as I have a 4pc proc and the exorcism debuff is active of course. Another example would be Jinrohk, I would simply save my CDs for the pool, on top of unequip and re-equiping my trinkets (other than spark) right before the pull so that I dont get an early proc and it lines up better with the first set of CDs.

Also depending on how try-hard I feel like being, I will swap out SoT for SoR at 5 stacks of censure if I hit 5 stacks with all CDs + trinkets active to maintain the dot at the amount of attack power I have with my CDs up. This generally is a dps gain if done correctly, negligible to the average person though.

Nordiah
User

Postby Nordiah » Thu May 09, 2013 2:08 pm

On a typical fight I'll start off by hitting my pre-pot then I go into exorcism, 1hp inquisition(Because of the length on wings now, you always will have to refresh your inquisition at least once during it's duration so it is best to start off with a short one and refresh early into your CDs and not have to worry about refreshing it when you're GoAK stacks are higher), Wings/guardian, HoW, CS, HoW, exorcism, 5hp TV, HoW, etc, ES at 10 stacks of feather unless wings and GoAK are about to fall off.

So you refresh inquisition again after that first TV?

A few occasions this does change, an example being on Megaera I will open with judgement on the second head and prioritize judgement as a filler during wings due to the double jeopardy glyph, as long as I have a 4pc proc and the exorcism debuff is active of course.

That's fine for padding meters but damaging the other head is wasted dps.

Also depending on how try-hard I feel like being, I will swap out SoT for SoR at 5 stacks of censure if I hit 5 stacks with all CDs + trinkets active to maintain the dot at the amount of attack power I have with my CDs up. This generally is a dps gain if done correctly, negligible to the average person though.

The ~13 extra seconds of a stronger dot would not overcome the 3% loss in weapon damage from using SoR instead if SoT and the 2 wasted globals swapping seals.

Akira
User

Postby Akira » Thu May 09, 2013 2:55 pm

Nordiah wrote:So you refresh inquisition again after that first TV?

Usually, right after the HoW + next fillers. Depends on how much time is left on inquisition at that point.

Nordiah wrote: That's fine for padding meters but damaging the other head is wasted dps.

That's partially true, it does a net a single target dps gain because the next judgement is 20% stronger. Im not saying I use it every judgement, only the first one is on the second head for the increased by that 20%*20% from wings and increased strength from GoAK. Granted it is only about 50k more damage done, but it is nice for our initial burst.

Nordiah wrote: The ~13 extra seconds of a stronger dot would not overcome the 3% loss in weapon damage from using SoR instead if SoT and the 2 wasted globals swapping seals.

True in most cases, I don't actually condone doing it but in certain situations it does net a higher damage compared to SoT. Example, if you time it with lust + skull banner + pre pot and CDs then the dot would, if the RNG gods don't absolutely hate you, end up being higher damage than the 5-7 extra melee swings you would have with 3% increased weapon damage. Again this isnt going to be obvious on meters, it is very minor but sometimes it's fun to play with.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Fri May 10, 2013 10:49 am

Its a long weekend but we'd be interested in talking to you monday at 6:30 est

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”