Voltshot - Surv/BM Hunter

Baddies
Voltshot
User

Voltshot - Surv/BM Hunter

Postby Voltshot » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:15 pm

Player information:

- Age & Location: 35, Illinois

- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 5:45p.m. - 1 to 2a.m. (Central Time)

- Number of Testicles: None the last time I checked.

- Can you attend raids on these days:

-- Monday: Yes

-- Tuesday: Yes

-- Wednesday: Yes

-- Thursday: Yes

-- Sunday: Yes

- Do any others have access to your account? Yes my teenage son does. He has his own account that he raids on but once in a while I ask him to log on and get some stuff ready for me if im running late from work.

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? I do. If no, why? N/A

- How long have you played WoW: 7+ years

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Vanilla farm clears of Naxx40, AQ20/40, BWL, MC, ZG.BC - farm clears of Kara, Gruuls, Mag, SSc, TK, Hyjal, BT, & Sunwell.WotLK - farm clears of Naxx, Ulduar, ToC, ICC.Cata - farm clears of BWD, BoT, 4W, 3/5 (incl Sinestra) H.Bot, 5/6 H.BWD (incl Nef), 6/7 H.FL and 8/8 H.DSMoP - farm clears of MV, HoF and Toes. H.MV 6/6, H.HoF 5/6, H.ToES 1/4. Currently 10/12 reg ToT.

Character Information:

- Name, & Class: Voltshot, Hunter

- Race & why did you choose it: I chose an Orc. Increased pet damage and a personal Blood Lust. Played all the Warcraft games and the expansions to had to be an Orc. Plus Orcs are just sexy!

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... t/advanced

- Can you describe the ruckus? "Watch your tongue, young man. Watch it!"

- Professions and why did you choose them: Enchanting for the +160 agi enchants to rings plus I know every enchant in the game except the new PvP one. Herbalism besides being able to farm all my own mats I was also farming mats for the guild bank. Will be switching to Jewelcrafting (and making my druid my herbalist) once I can find a permanent home for my hunter.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I am specced into Surv and BM and I will play either spec depending what is better for the fight or whichever the guild requires.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Gear selection for a hunter is pretty easy. I choose gear based on the stats that I need for my spec. Right now it's Crit and Mastery. Anything with Haste can be reforged.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Glyphs for both specs are normally the same but may change for specific fights. Glyph of Animal Bond to increase all healing to myself and my pet. Glyph of Deterrence because the extra damage reduction is useful in a lot of situations and Glyph of Liberation because that is also useful in a lot of situations. Will also use Glyph of Ice Trap or Freezing trap depending on the fight if needed.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? Ay the start of the fight if bloodlust is being used right away its, Prepot before the pull, A macro to use Blood Fury, Stampede, Focus Fire and Life Blood, A murder of Crows, Serpent Sting, Black Arrow, Explosive Shot and Dire Beast. Right before A murder of Crows expires I use Rediness to rest the cooldowns and using Arcane Shot as a filler and focus dump. If Bloodlust is being held and not used at the start of the fight and depending on when it's going to be used I will hold off and some of the major cooldowns and use them with Bloodlust for added dps. (i.e. Stampede etc.)
Standard rotation not including Bloodlust is. Blood Fury, Stampede, Focus Fire, Lifeblood, A Murder of Crows, Serpent Sting, Black Arrow, Dire Beast and Explosive Shot. Keeping Black Arrow and Serpent Sting up on the target at all times. Using A Murder of Crows, Dire Beast, Blood Fury on cooldown and explosive shot when it procs. I use Arcane Shot as a filler and a focus dump as needed. I will also switch out Dire Beast for Fervor if it's a fight that will be harder for regenerating focus. (a boss that requires a lot of multi shot for adds)

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? N/A

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): First Sargent

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Nova - Quel'Dorei server. Was a raider there for 5 years until the server died. At that time the guild decided to server transfer, become a 10 man and raid socially.
Exiled Legion - Doomhammer server. Raided there for 6 months and left due to some health reasons that prevented me from raiding full time then.
Dungeon Crawl - Icecrown server. This was more of a social raiding guild which was fine for me at that time since I was still recouping.
Apples - Baelgun server. Got accepted there right before MoP came out. Was there for 3 months and left to pursue progression.
Bless the Martyr - Baelgun server. This is my current guild. It has been experienceing some dissension in the ranks for the past several weeks which has caused the guild to lose some of their top players so now I am looking for a stable progression guild.

Other Information:

- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i.imgur.com/iIzmryi.jpg

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9 ... amageDone/

- Alts & their name/level: Voltår - level 90 shadow priest - Doomhammer server
Nicödëmus - level 90 warlock- Quel'dorei server.
Cptcaveman - level 90 Boomkin - Quel'dorei server.

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected]

- How did you find us? I posted on the recruitment forums and recieved an ingame reply. Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: No

- Why Simple Math? After talking with someone in your guild that contacted me and after looking over the recruitment post and the website this looks like a really great stable progression guild.

- Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? Not that I can think of atm.

- What kind of computer do you use? Desktop.
CPU/Memory/Video Card? i73930K processor. 32gb ram and a 6800 preformance edition vid card (will be changeing that out in the next month or so)
Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? 80+ fps.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? DSL. Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/result/2599961815.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
http://i.imgur.com/IpFGj9F.png

mouthwash
User

Re: Voltshot - Surv/BM Hunter

Postby mouthwash » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:59 pm

Is there anyway you can post a different link to your WoL? The current link isn't a public log, it requires permissions to view.

Voltshot
User

Postby Voltshot » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:21 pm

I wasn't aware that the logs were private. I'll check to see if anyone run them publicly.

Pepperonis
User

Postby Pepperonis » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:40 pm

Your rotation is funny, you have both focus fire and black arrow in there. You also neglect to use rapid fire in there. If you do use it, then you did not state this. Please elaborate on this. Even on single target fights Fervor is simming above DB for dps, please explain why you chose this talent over the other. Other than these small issues I have, it looks like a good app. Good Luck with the rest of the app.

Voltshot
User

Postby Voltshot » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:53 pm

Haha I proof read the app and I didn't catch that. It's supposed to be Rapid Fire and not Focus Fire. Focus Fire is used in the BM rotation.

As for Fervor over Dire Beast some in my guild perfer the use of one over the other on certain fights and i'm not in the position to argue that matter atm.

Sovietbang
User

Postby Sovietbang » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:14 am

doesnt look to bad of an app, has exp in raiding, gear seems good. just need dmg meters to compare shiit :)

Voltshot
User

Postby Voltshot » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:47 am

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/264865/

I had to make a guild to post public logs. Was in for a few attempts at heroic Horridon till a healer logged on. The rest is from the lfr that I am in atm.

Pepperonis
User

Postby Pepperonis » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:52 am

I suggest using weakauras or something along those lines, your uptime on your dots could drastically improve. Other than that, seems alright.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:57 pm

Were you going to post those logs?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”