Baddies
Nykez
User

Nykez- Balance Druid

Postby Nykez » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:15 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 22/Virginia

- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Any time after 4pm

- Number of Testicles: 2 last I checked for abnormalities.

- Can you attend raids on these days:

-- Monday: Yes

-- Tuesday: Yes

-- Wednesday: Yes

-- Thursday: Yes

-- Sunday: Yes

- Do any others have access to your account? No.

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes.

- How long have you played WoW: Since Closed Beta.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Vanilla/BC/WoTLK, I’ve killed all bosses during current content and before any major nerfs. All T11,12 bosses during current content. Cleared T13;Killed Heroic Deathwing May 5 on this toon then quit raiding altogether Due to personal reasons and being burnt out. LFR for tier 14 and T15 but have kept up to date on boss mechanics and guides/PTR experiences.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Nykez Druid

- Race & why did you choose it: Troll; Racial bonus is best for casters.

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadow-council/Nykez/simple

- Can you describe the ruckus? Think you forgot sir in that quote.

- Professions and why did you choose them: Leatherworking and Blacksmithing; I chose LW for the bracer enchant and being able to make my own Leather pieces when they were actually decent. I chose BS for the 2 extra sockets. I have been debating on going Engineering and Tailoring as those two seem to be the best but all the sims I have run between the two have been phantasmal impact on my DPS.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Balance is the spec I have played since I started playing WoW. I would prefer to play nothing but balance but in the off chance I’m needed for something else I could learn quickly how to resto druid. I played feral as my OS for most tiers but was rarely called upon to raid as it unless we had tanks absent.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Balance Stats are Haste (to5273)>Hit=spirit>Crit>Haste (post breakpoint)>Mastery. Given my lack of gear I am still able to hit that haste breakpoint of 5273 with the next one if I was to get 4 piece T14 it’s 8089 since our 4 piece adds on 2s to our dots. Without T14 4 piece my next haste breakpoint would be around 10.3k. I usually go for pieces with hit/crit or spirit/haste and reforge for haste/crit respectively. Depending on gem slots I would still be stacking Pure int gems, Pure crit gems and int/crit gems based on the sockets etc.----- I’ll get back to you on other specs when I read up a little more on feral, resto and guardian for this xpac.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Major glyphs I use Stampede, Moonbeast and Rebirth, Stampede so I don’t have to shapeshift back to moonkin form, Moonbeast so I can offheal when needed without shapeshifting back to moonkin form and Rebirth so when I brez someone the idiot doesn’t take it during something that might kill them when they take it had it happen several times. Only notable minor glyph I have is glyph of Grace which reduces my falling damage when not in cat form.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? I usually start off around 75% from lunar, Prepot starfall cast wrath and or SS, Hit eclipse, pop Incarnation/NV(since NV is now a 1.5 min CD) pop starfall again after the initial one ends then apply dots eclipsed one second for LS then I proceed to start nuking boss and or adds with starfire, When I hit solar I refresh my dots again eclipsed one second for LS. Along the way I use my SS procs. When I get out of solar I hit Celestial Alignment refresh dots pop starfall then start casting starfire if lust/berserking is up if not I cast wrath to get back to lunar. During AoE phases I would try to get as much out of my mushrooms in solar and starfall in lunar as I could. Rinse and repeat until we die or hopefully the boss dies.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? N/A

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): I’ve had multiple accounts throughout the years quit and came back fresh on a new account I grinded up to warlord on my original vanilla acocunt. This account I did RBG a little bit in Cata got up to 1850 on a 3-4 hour a week schedule. Arena I had a PR of like 1500 was more so just for laughs and points.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Only guild I’ve been apart of on this account that accounted for most of my raiding was <Digital Addiction> On the server Shadow Council. We formed as an official guild around the beginning of ICC. We ran a 25 man pug on the server that started around the end of BC cleared BT, Sunwell, then Naxx, Ulduar, ToC/ToGC , and then ICC 25man. We were a group of 10 that raided together then finally formed at the beginning of ICC while still running the 25 man PuG. We then went into Cata with high expectations of making a name for ourselves while only raiding during the weekend on 8-10 hours of raid time. I ‘left’ Digital Addiction on not so good of terms. If need be I will go into detail but not on the public forums.
<Black Cell Faction> I moved to Crushridge to play with a friend of mine who was in this guild he left for another guild and I just kinda stayed here since I wasn’t raiding at the time..

<Reprise> Is just a friends guild that I joined for rep bonuses/social activities.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i.imgur.com/EXvwNtU.jpg I have added to CLC info for all new MoP Cooldowns which just adds on to my CLC info bar.

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): I have no WoL for this xpac as I have not raided seriously the entirety of this xpac. I could go into a LFR if one is absolutely necessary.

- Alts & their name/level: Hunokelii/Hunter/90, Brewslee/Monk/90 various 89-85 alts Paladin, shaman, and another druid.

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): Kekoa#1275 is my battle tag or you can have Nize text me if needed.

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Funny story I first heard about you guys when I would watch various streams and Brotatoe was in guild. From what I watched and saw at the time I thought you guys were a great group of players and seemed like you guys got things done but had fun doing it. I never knew what happened to Brotatoe as I stopped watching him around the time I stopped raiding/playing WoW like a second job. I know more about you guys from the friend I went to Crushridge to play with as he is now a current member of this guild, Nize the DK.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? Well my friend Nize informed me that you guys are in need of a boomkin and having played with him he decided to let me know and to see if I wanted to come along for the adventure. I may not be in the best gear and a little rusty having not raided seriously since the end of cata but I’m a quick learner and I know that I can adapt and mesh with a group that knows what they are doing. I love to read up on my class/spec and all the boss fights even if I’m not in a raiding environment so as to keep up to date on the content.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Honestly I have no idea the specs of the computer as I got this comp from a friend as he was building an entirely new computer. It runs wow on ultra 75-80 FPS during 25 mans. As a side note my computer took a crap on me around the start of MoP and since I wasn't planning on getting back into raiding 25 mans I have to send it in to get it fixed, It should be a week or two for me to get it fixed unless something drastic comes up with it. The computer I am on now does not do so well in 25 mans but 10 mans it is a smooth 25-30 fps during raids.

What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York atspeedtest.net Link the results below. I have basic internet from Cox, I never seem to have any problems with my connection unless I have a huge storm or something of the sort. I will probably be upgrading if I do start raiding again. http://www.speedtest.net/result/2598423013.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional). http://i.imgur.com/27XLGEd.jpg Man I suck at MS paint been years since I played around on it.

Nize
User

Re: Nykez- Balance Druid

Postby Nize » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:20 pm

I have known this person for a while now - Since BC.

Very reliable player, and very skilled. I highly recommend him to the guild and guarantee he won't disappoint in raids.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:22 am

Get logs from lfr so we have something to look at
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Nykez
User

Postby Nykez » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:14 am

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-60g86mcddre8k2dc/ Link to a 10 man PuG in ToT Was mostly a guild run of friends that needed a filler dps for attempts at Jin'Rokh. Attempt number 9 he despawned on us as we were getting into our rotation. I'll still run a LFR to get at least a 25 man log for hopefully all 3 parts of ToT.

Nykez
User

Postby Nykez » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:12 pm

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fs81urejb8pgzof7/ Logs from LFR Missed Horridon as I errored out of WoW and I guess my logs stopped running then started back up after Horridon, But I have all 5/6 that are available at this time. Would like to mention that on Tortos and Ji-Kun I did lower than I've seen boomkins do on them. Given that this isn't the computer I would be raiding on I would appreciate it if you took that into account when looking at the logs. I hate playing terrible but I wanted to get you guys something to look at and not just base it off the app and Nize vouching for me.

kozars
User

Postby kozars » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:16 pm

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Balance Stats are Haste (to5273)>Hit=spirit>Crit>Haste (post breakpoint)>Mastery. Given my lack of gear I am still able to hit that haste breakpoint of 5273 with the next one if I was to get 4 piece T14 it’s 8089 since our 4 piece adds on 2s to our dots. Without T14 4 piece my next haste breakpoint would be around 10.3k. I usually go for pieces with hit/crit or spirit/haste and reforge for haste/crit respectively. Depending on gem slots I would still be stacking Pure int gems, Pure crit gems and int/crit gems based on the sockets etc.----- I’ll get back to you on other specs when I read up a little more on feral, resto and guardian for this xpac.

This is wrong. You go all crit all the time. Haste breakpoints are nice. They are not something you actively try to get. If you're reforging away from crit into haste, you're doing it wrong. At lower levels of gear, haste looks slightly ahead on paper, crit is better in practice. The higher in gear you get, the closer the 2 are on paper - and crit still outpreforms in practice. And in some cases crit just flat out sims ahead.

Pure int gems are also wrong. Crit/int For red sockets (Or crit/expertise if you can manage it. There's so much spirit on current levels of gear, that crit/int is usually better in practice). Pure crit for yellow, crit/spirit for blue.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? I usually start off around 75% from lunar, Prepot starfall cast wrath and or SS, Hit eclipse, pop Incarnation/NV(since NV is now a 1.5 min CD) pop starfall again after the initial one ends then apply dots eclipsed one second for LS then I proceed to start nuking boss and or adds with starfire, When I hit solar I refresh my dots again eclipsed one second for LS. Along the way I use my SS procs. When I get out of solar I hit Celestial Alignment refresh dots pop starfall then start casting starfire if lust/berserking is up if not I cast wrath to get back to lunar. During AoE phases I would try to get as much out of my mushrooms in solar and starfall in lunar as I could. Rinse and repeat until we die or hopefully the boss dies

First off, you probably shouldn't be using NV. HoTW is the better talent ever since NV was nerfed - it was only worth using when it was a 3m CD and lined up perfectly with incarnation.

I'm not sure why you'd ever consider opening with starsurge over wrath, you're just wasting a 15s CD spell for no reason if you do.

Why do you wait until your 2nd starfall to apply your first set of dots in lunar? That seems like a lot of wasted potential uptime.

And why do you go all the way to solar and back out again before CA? Incarnation is a 3m CD, CA is a 3m CD. Incarnation lasts 30 seconds, CA lasts 15. In most scenarios it takes between 11-16 seconds to preform your opening lunar cycle if you're doing it properly. (Things like trinket procs and bloodlust are what determine if its closer to 11, or closer to 16). If you pop CA immediately upon leaving lunar, you get an entire CA phase while still under the effects of incarnation - thus stacking your damage modifiers. The way you're doing it, your incarnation drops long before your CA is up. You're losing the damage modifier of Incarnation (And NV if you use it), essentially giving up on free damage.

I'm not really sure what you're doing during AOE at all. Starfall is a 1.5m CD. How are you getting the most out of it during lunar, besides hitting it and standing there? Are you doing anything else during this period?

And in solar, you're casting mushrooms? 1.5s (Less with haste, but whatever) Per cast, 4.5s. Blowing them up is off the GCD, so that doesn't count. Shrooms have a 10s CD, so what are you doing with the other 5.5 seconds of each cycle? Also keep in mind that shrooms are the LEAST effective method of AOE available right now.

You explained your opening rotation and AOE rotation. You didn't really give much info as to what you do outside of those 2 small windows of time however.

For example:

How would you manage your dots during your normal rotation?

How would you manage starsurge procs?

Don't misunderstand. I'm not trying to be unpleasant, and you may very well be an amazing player. But you come across as someone who hasn't played in a while, and didn't take the 30 minutes you should have to read up on the current state of the class before applying to a guild.

Nykez
User

Postby Nykez » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:36 pm

This is wrong. You go all crit all the time. Haste breakpoints are nice. They are not something you actively try to get. If you're reforging away from crit into haste, you're doing it wrong. At lower levels of gear, haste looks slightly ahead on paper, crit is better in practice. The higher in gear you get, the closer the 2 are on paper - and crit still outpreforms in practice. And in some cases crit just flat out sims ahead. ------
[color=#800000 ]I wasn't saying haste was the way to go. I was trying to say that with gear you will reach those haste breakpoints without gemming/reforging for it.Sorry if It came off that I was saying haste was the way to go. It was not my intention for it to seem like that. I actually tell other moonkins who ask about what to do I tell them you gem crit and when you think you have enough crit you gem even more crit and when you finally think you have enough crit you gem it even more. Speaking of gems I was trying a balance of int and crit gems just to see if I would get better numbers with a balance of pure int and pure crit. Alas its not and I didn't log off after I switched them. Should be updated now [/color]

First off, you probably shouldn't be using NV. HoTW is the better talent ever since NV was nerfed - it was only worth using when it was a 3m CD and lined up perfectly with incarnation.-----
Has it been 100% confirmed that HoTW is the way to go. Was reading up on Mooncat dps on certain fights but of all the things I've read and the moonkins I've talked to NV still slightly outweighs HoTW. A few boomkins who I've discussed this with would be Zoomkins of Blood Legion, and Lappe of DREAM Paragon Xdoctor of the now retired vodka.All of them had said It's a minimal if at all DPS increase.

I'm not sure why you'd ever consider opening with starsurge over wrath, you're just wasting a 15s CD spell for no reason if you do.----
Usually I open with wrath unless my trinket procced and Jade Spirit procced from Starfall. SS hits harder and gets me to Lunar where as my wrath hits less than my SS when its procced with trinkets/Jade spirit yet still gets me to lunar either way.

Why do you wait until your 2nd starfall to apply your first set of dots in lunar? That seems like a lot of wasted potential uptime.-----
Do you mean why I didn't put up non eclipsed dots? Cause usually when im sitting at 75% lunar I pop my starfall first then hit lunar eclipse sunfire first then moonfire second then pop starfall. Are you saying I should pop starfall then apply dots then cast wrath to get to eclipse? Wouldn't that be a waste of dots since they are not hasted by NG?

And why do you go all the way to solar and back out again before CA? Incarnation is a 3m CD, CA is a 3m CD. Incarnation lasts 30 seconds, CA lasts 15. In most scenarios it takes between 11-16 seconds to preform your opening lunar cycle if you're doing it properly. (Things like trinket procs and bloodlust are what determine if its closer to 11, or closer to 16). If you pop CA immediately upon leaving lunar, you get an entire CA phase while still under the effects of incarnation - thus stacking your damage modifiers. The way you're doing it, your incarnation drops long before your CA is up. You're losing the damage modifier of Incarnation (And NV if you use it), essentially giving up on free damage.-----
That's true I use to stack CA plus incarnation for the added damage from both.NV was my oh shit need more damage/healing and would pop that during times that needed it since they changed NV to a 1.5 min CD I was under the impression that lining NV with one of the 3 min cds was the way to go. Going off what xdoctor and I talked about is that it wasn't a bad cd setup.

I'm not really sure what you're doing during AOE at all. Starfall is a 1.5m CD. How are you getting the most out of it during lunar, besides hitting it and standing there? Are you doing anything else during this period?

And in solar, you're casting mushrooms? 1.5s (Less with haste, but whatever) Per cast, 4.5s. Blowing them up is off the GCD, so that doesn't count. Shrooms have a 10s CD, so what are you doing with the other 5.5 seconds of each cycle? Also keep in mind that shrooms are the LEAST effective method of AOE available right now.-----

AoE I usually try to be in lunar hit starfall dot up everything I've been told to try spamming dots with LS benefiting them. Another AoE which I've found somewhat usefull except for when you have to move or get out of the raid is Hurricane/Astral storm b ut channeling is never really a good way to go imo. I prefer the starfall/dot everything up method. As I said I quit raiding seriously at the end of Cata when Solar shrooms used to be amazing still trying to train myself to not use shrooms except as a slow. If I do use shrooms I usually try to lay 3 before the fight since they last 5 mins and blow them up when in solar and when AoE is needed. That downtime of 5.5secs I'd be dottig everything up or placing more shrooms down to blow them up. Trying to rely on LFR tanks to first gather the adds up where they should be tanked is a hassle. Also when DPS first attack the adds before they are even gathered up ala Council with the living sands its hard to get a good AoE rotation going when you are having to twist and turn to dot them up.

You explained your opening rotation and AOE rotation. You didn't really give much info as to what you do outside of those 2 small windows of time however.
For example:
How would you manage your dots during your normal rotation? Usually when I hit lunar I put them up and by the time I am about 1 cast away from solar they are about to fall off so I hold off to get them eclipsed.

How would you manage starsurge procs? It's like you got these questions from the druid EJ thread. Well there is a lot of conflicting theories out there about it. Never cast 2 in a solar eclipse. Keep it on CD use your SS procs when they come up. So much about it yet none are really clarified which is best. I personally never try to cast 2 in a solar eclipse but I'm not perfect with it.with the amount of crit I have and on multiple target fights and even single target fights I get so many wasted SS procs because I'm trying to follow the EJ way. in Lunar I usually cast it when its off CD or use my SS procs solar is a cluster of SS procs that I use one proc or cast then hold off using it until im in lunar. If im moving I'll just use my SS procs as a filler while spam dotting.

Don't misunderstand. I'm not trying to be unpleasant, and you may very well be an amazing player. But you come across as someone who hasn't played in a while, and didn't take the 30 minutes you should have to read up on the current state of the class before applying to a guild.----
Oh no unpleasantness at all. I understand you guys are looking for a player that knows their shit and will perform up to the standards of the guild and not be a block in the progression. I love the criticism as it not only shows me that the guild is serious about what they are trying to accomplish but that they are also trying to understand what the applicant understands about his/her class. Makes people play better and want to learn more about the class that they play

kozars
User

Postby kozars » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:23 pm

Has it been 100% confirmed that HoTW is the way to go. Was reading up on Mooncat dps on certain fights but of all the things I've read and the moonkins I've talked to NV still slightly outweighs HoTW. A few boomkins who I've discussed this with would be Zoomkins of Blood Legion, and Lappe of DREAM Paragon Xdoctor of the now retired vodka.All of them had said It's a minimal if at all DPS increase.

a note on lappe and zoomkins. Lappe is in a 10m guild, where the reduced CD plus the healing of NV are actually pretty decent. Zoomkins is a great player who believes that math is the devil.

HoTW is ahead on paper. This assumes perfect usage of NV. If NV isn't used properly, or at the right times, it falls even further behind. The benefits NV provide are higher on-demand burst, and ofhealing. The only issue with this, is that most of the times you need the higher burst, you don't need any healing. And the times you need healing, you'd be wasting a DPS CD. HoTW+Tranq, maybe even a few rejuvs is better served as a healing CD (And much stronger). Playstyle matters however - regardless of how ahead HoTW is, if your playstyle supports NV better, than you'll preform better with NV. It doesn't mean it's the superior talent however.

Also of note: Mooncat dps is a waste. The only time you'd ever want to do it is the rare occasion where you have a TON of adds up, and then popping HoTW and spamming swipe isn't really a terrible idea.

The dps benefits you see from HoTW come from the static stat increase. The on-use ability is more of a healing CD than anything else most of the time.

Usually I open with wrath unless my trinket procced and Jade Spirit procced from Starfall. SS hits harder and gets me to Lunar where as my wrath hits less than my SS when its procced with trinkets/Jade spirit yet still gets me to lunar either way.

I always feel SS used outside of eclipse is a waste. Unless it's an early proc, you're generally better off not casting SS outside of eclipse. Hardcasting it is something I only do if it'll save me a cast (Going from solar->Lunar), or if it's my first post-lunar cast.

Do you mean why I didn't put up non eclipsed dots? Cause usually when im sitting at 75% lunar I pop my starfall first then hit lunar eclipse sunfire first then moonfire second then pop starfall. Are you saying I should pop starfall then apply dots then cast wrath to get to eclipse? Wouldn't that be a waste of dots since they are not hasted by NG?

No, you are correct assuming non-eclipsed dots are a waste. The way you worded it originally sounded like you were waiting until after your 2nd starfall to put up dots. Dots are one of the first things you should be doing when you enter your first eclipse.

That's true I use to stack CA plus incarnation for the added damage from both.NV was my oh shit need more damage/healing and would pop that during times that needed it since they changed NV to a 1.5 min CD I was under the impression that lining NV with one of the 3 min cds was the way to go. Going off what xdoctor and I talked about is that it wasn't a bad cd setup.

This one is just Simple Math. (HAHAHAHA GET IT?!??!) Stacking them is more dps than splitting them up. NV being on a 1.5m CD won't matter the way you do it - it won't take 1.5m to go from when you first pop Inc to when you pop CA, so it'll still be too offset to use on both - you'd end up using NV alone later on just as you would any other way.

Also, the way you are doing it currently, you spend 5-8 seconds (depending on luck, haste, and procs) in incarnation, but outside of eclipse which is a complete waste.

It's like you got these questions from the druid EJ thread. Well there is a lot of conflicting theories out there about it. Never cast 2 in a solar eclipse. Keep it on CD use your SS procs when they come up. So much about it yet none are really clarified which is best. I personally never try to cast 2 in a solar eclipse but I'm not perfect with it.with the amount of crit I have and on multiple target fights and even single target fights I get so many wasted SS procs because I'm trying to follow the EJ way. in Lunar I usually cast it when its off CD or use my SS procs solar is a cluster of SS procs that I use one proc or cast then hold off using it until im in lunar. If im moving I'll just use my SS procs as a filler while spam dotting.

EJ Has good discussion. Their conclusions could use a bit of work. Things like dot management and SS usage are pretty core to moonkin play, which is why I ask them, and why you'd see these things mentioned on EJ. I don't ask expecting any one answer, just wondering what conclusions you've come to.

I personally always use my SS procs when they come, unless the situation gives me a very good reason not to. EJ has all that hold and only 2 in solar nonsense - I feel this was good at much lower levels of gear, but a complete waste of procs now. Unless you're about to jump into an eclipse, holding procs is more often than not a dps loss.

The one thing I really like is your attitude. There's no reason for everyone to agree on things 100% of the time, and you won't. But there's nothing wrong with criticism, and people should be open to change provided a logical reason why they should.

Nykez
User

Postby Nykez » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:15 pm

All great answers back to me! Yea I tried HoTW out and it just feels weird not hitting my NV macro, but it is one less CD to keep track of since HoTW is a 6 min CD and you really only use it once per fight except on a few of the longer fights. HoTW is decent I can see why it's ahead by a few on paper. few uses for it over NV but depending on fights I'd probably switch them in and out. I know what you are saying about SS not being the start of the rotation I'm just so used to my SS being my starter for the most part since when I get into lunar and start casting my Starfires my SS procs right off the bat so to me its not really a waste in terms of casting it it over wrath. I know what you are saying though. About them SS procs and EJ I find it just way to confusing as to why they want you to hold it as now with the gear available (even my shitty RF/Valor gear) I have so many SS procs that I'm just swimming in SSs. Without criticism no one would go anywhere in life. If people take the criticism wrong and not work with the criticism given you won't get better and you won't progress whether it be in game or real life.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:49 pm

We'd like to talk in mumble tomorrow afternoon around 6:30 est if you're available.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Nykez
User

Postby Nykez » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:08 pm

Ninetales wrote:We'd like to talk in mumble tomorrow afternoon around 6:30 est if you're available.
I'll be available at that time.

Zoomkin
User

Postby Zoomkin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:20 am

Zoomkins is a great player who believes that math is the devil.

I don't believe it's the devil, I just actually do heroic raiding so patchwerk dps doesn't concern me. Real application to abilities do.

NV is a slight damage loss with huge raid healing application with 2 to 3 moonkin.

HoTW is more single target dps and provides tranq with a larger raid healing CD

Treants if played well can be the highest single target dps.

Simcraft is not a bible it is a tool, tools are only as good as their users but, also are only SIMULATIONS of the real world, of warcraft. Actual fights make these different from their spreadsheet numbers. Raiding is fun, try it sometimes.
Image Image

kozars
User

Postby kozars » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:19 am

Zoomkin wrote:I don't believe it's the devil, I just actually do heroic raiding so patchwerk dps doesn't concern me. Real application to abilities do.

NV is a slight damage loss with huge raid healing application with 2 to 3 moonkin.

HoTW is more single target dps and provides tranq with a larger raid healing CD

Treants if played well can be the highest single target dps.

Simcraft is not a bible it is a tool, tools are only as good as their users but, also are only SIMULATIONS of the real world, of warcraft. Actual fights make these different from their spreadsheet numbers. Raiding is fun, try it sometimes.

Zoomkin
User

Postby Zoomkin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:55 pm

Tell me when you're done copy pasting EJ, so we can argue about the extra 10k damage of putting up sunfire before moonfire on the pull, but not how to actively use you're hybrid abilities to kill heroic bosses.
Image Image

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:09 pm

stop it with the pissing contest. it's really important to both know what numbers say on paper and how they work in practice. i know for me my numbers on paper are very different from what i use in raid but without knowing what is supposed to be good on paper i wouldn't know what to aim for in raids.

anyway, nykez, looking forward to speaking with you tonight.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”