Sereg - Warlock

Baddies
Coldark
User

Sereg - Warlock

Postby Coldark » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:20 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: I am 19 years old (20 on March 12) and live in St. Louis, MO.
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 4PM – 1:30AM
- Number of Testicles: I unfortunately only have two.
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? Of course not
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes I use an authenticator.
- How long have you played WoW: since TBC
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Current:
16/16 N
6/6 H Mogu
3/6 H HoF (H Zor’lok, H Blade Lord, and H Wind Lord)
1/4 H ToES ( H Lei Shi)
Galleon too many times

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: I play a warlock, and my name is currently Sereg. However, I’m in the process of getting the name changed back to what it was on my old server (Coldark). Current server is US – Mal’ganis. Former server US – Whisperwind.

- Race & why did you choose it: Troll for the 5% increased damage vs. beasts for the upcoming tier. Beserking is a really nice bonus too, and it lines up with Dark Soul perfectly, so I have these macro'd together.

- Link to Battle.net Armory: us.battle.net/wow/character/Mal’ganis/Sereg/

- Can you describe the ruckus? The Breakfast Club quote, this is.

- Professions and why did you choose them: Tailoring and Enchanting. I chose them back in TBC when I was leveling. I kept them to be able to make my own crafted gear, and lightweave is great for casters.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I have mainly played Affliction this tier, but my favorite spec is destruction. I played destruction mainly for 5 mans and lfr’s, but I have switched my second spec to demonology because it looks like it is going to be a really strong spec in 5.2. I have been working on demonology rotation on target dummies at least an hour every day for the past week.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:

My previous guild used loot council, so I didn’t really get a choice per say. However, I would use best in slot lists to determine which pieces of gear were better than others.

For optimization, currently I hit the 4717 haste breakpoint for the 2 extra corruption ticks, this improves my chances of Nightfall proc'ing. Once I hit at least 500 ilvl, I will reforge to 6637 Haste for an extra tick in agony and unstable affliction. I use Simcraft to calculate my stat weights, and determine which gems give me the largest increase in dps.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:

Affliction: Glyph of Soul Shards for the obvious dps increase as affliction numbers revolve around buff and nightfall proc’s. Glyph of Healthstone for the additional healing, along with Glyph of Siphon Life. For H Protectors I would switch out glyph of siphon life with glyph of curse of exhaustion for add control.

Destruction: Glyph of burning Embers again for the obvious increase in dps it provides. Glyph of healthstone. Glyph of Soulstone as there really are no other glyphs with practical use.

Demonology for 5.2: Glyph of demon training as GoSac has been nerfed extremely hard, we will be using our pets. This glyph provides increased pet damage/health and better CD’s depending on the demon being used. Glyph of Healthstone, and Glyph of Siphon Life for reasons stated earlier. I wouldn’t use Glyph of Imp Swarm unless a fight required burst dps at a specific point because we are losing 1 imp per minute by using this glyph which equates to a dps loss overall. In addition Glyph of Everlasting Affliction combined with the unerring vision of Lei-Shen is having some interesting results on the ptr. It would be used on fights that there are more than one boss because with 2 bosses, doom itself provides a 7k dps increase from not having the glyph (and doom being applied when the trinket procs) and for 3 bosses it provides a 13k dps increase. However, I will still need to test this myself on live.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Starter: Prepot 2 seconds before pull, Dark Soul, Haunt, Soulburn + Soulswap, malefic grasp until all trinkets/procs are up, update unstable affliction and corruption with fel flame, update agony, keep haunt up, malefic grasp. Then I soulburn + soulswap 2 seconds before any buff falls off. Depending on the fight, and its needs I will either pop my doomguard after the first soulburn + soulswap, at a needed burn phase, or when the boss is below 20% health. After the opener, I keep dots up and malefic grasp when the boss is above 20% health, and drain soul when the boss is below 20% health. I keep track of my dot damage with affdots. This tell me how much more damage each dot will do if I update it. I usually do not update a dot early unless the damage will increase by 20%. This allows for maximum dps, as updating dots under a 20% damage increase will cause a loss of malefic grasp uptime, which is a loss in dps. Soulburn+SoC, SoC spam when on AoE duty such as H Elegon, H Mel'jarak, and H Un'sok. Keep full dots up on at least one target, Soulburn+Soulswap with the large amount of shards incoming from the SB+SoC ticks.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
N/A

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
N/A

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
I was recruited for a bench spot in Victory or Whatever on US - Whisperwind, when they specifically said they do not recruit for bench. I saw little raid time as more geared members were put before me, and saw little upgrades as these also went to the same people. In addition, I found the people far too narcissistic for their ranking.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://imgur.com/9RxmrDB

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/at35ozuvwmxa68do/

- Alts & their name/level: Syvnir/90 Paladin and Synapsiss/90 Mage both on US – Whisperwind

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
Kodyxoxo encouraged me to apply, and that is how I found out about Simple Math.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
I have been wanting a 5 night raiding guild for a while now, and one that does at least 4 hours on those nights. So your raiding schedule is like a dream come true.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
CPU: Intel 3770K @ 4.5 Ghz
Motherboard: Intel DZ77GA-70k
Video Card: Nvidia GTX660 Ti 2GB
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 DIMM 1600 Mhz
SSD: Corsair Force Series GT 120 GB
Keyboard: Logitech G510
Mouse: Steelseries Sensei
Headset: Logitch G330

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York atspeedtest.net Link the results below.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2551750563.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

http://imgur.com/vACrHQJ

Coldark
User

Re: Sereg - Warlock

Postby Coldark » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:46 am

Note: At the moment my hit chance is below 15%, this is because I just race changed from gnome where I had an additional 1% hit with my current weapon. I have not reforged this yet, and this only happened today.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:51 am

Coldark wrote:- Age & Location: I am 19 years old (20 on March 12) and live in St. Louis, MO.

any major life events coming up soon that might effect your schedule/money/etc? college, job, moving.. that sort of thing.

Coldark wrote:16/16 N
6/6 H Mogu
3/6 H HoF (H Zor’lok, H Blade Lord, and H Wind Lord)
1/4 H ToES ( H Lei Shi)
Galleon too many times

battle.net is down at the moment so i can't check your armory, you claim heroic kills but in your logs i only see normal and lfr kills for the last two months, i take it that's with your other guild? do you have any heroic logs available from there?

Coldark wrote:- Race & why did you choose it: Troll for the 5% increased damage vs. beasts for the upcoming tier. Beserking is a really nice bonus too, and it lines up with Dark Soul perfectly, so I have these macro'd together.

do you believe this is your best spec for this coming tier?

Coldark wrote:- Can you describe the ruckus? The Breakfast Club quote, this is.

success!

in the case that you'd be accepted, are you able to transfer today/tomorrow and will you be saved to any of today's new content?

very good application! we'll get back to you later today - in the mean time i'm sure other guild members have questions/comments for you.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Kody
User

Postby Kody » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Met him in an LFR and we spoke quite a bit. He knows what hes doing, just a bit behind in gear...Any questions I'd normally have for a warlock app, have already been answered in whispers.

Kodyxoxo stamp of approval, good luck! :D

Coldark
User

Postby Coldark » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:37 pm

any major life events coming up soon that might effect your schedule/money/etc? college, job, moving.. that sort of thing.

I am a sophomore in college, and I work part-time at my college with very flexible hours. In addition, I lease an apartment through Saint Louis University. Therefore, my location/schedule/income is steady.

battle.net is down at the moment so i can't check your armory, you claim heroic kills but in your logs i only see normal and lfr kills for the last two months, i take it that's with your other guild? do you have any heroic logs available from there?

Here is one from quite far back. I'm not sure how my gear was at this time.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n6xgxua882tllbmj/

Coldark wrote:- Race & why did you choose it: Troll for the 5% increased damage vs. beasts for the upcoming tier. Beserking is a really nice bonus too, and it lines up with Dark Soul perfectly, so I have these macro'd together.

do you believe this is your best spec for this coming tier?

I believe this will be the best race at the start of the upcoming tier for heroic progression. The 5% bonus damage vs Horridon, Ji-kun, Maegara, and Tortos will definitely come in handy for any road blocks we may encounter for heroic progression. Later in the tier if Command/2% bonus pet damage proves to be better, I plan on switching for those bosses.

in the case that you'd be accepted, are you able to transfer today/tomorrow and will you be saved to any of today's new content?

very good application! we'll get back to you later today - in the mean time i'm sure other guild members have questions/comments for you.

I would be able to transfer today, and I am not saved to any of the new content.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:48 pm

are you able to speak with us on mumble tonight around midnight eastern time?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Coldark
User

Postby Coldark » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Absolutely.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:52 pm

i pm'd you the info, seeya at midnight!