Delizioso - Frost DK

Baddies
Nize
User

Delizioso - Frost DK

Postby Nize » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:36 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 18, Long Island, New York
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): On weekdays, 5:10 PM to around 3 AM. On weekends I'm usually on from when I wake up(usually 10-11 AM) to 4 AM.

- Number of Testicles: Two.

- Can you attend raids on these days:

-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Sunday: Yes

- Do any others have access to your account? No.

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes, I use an authenticator.

- How long have you played WoW: I have played since the game was released. However, this was only on and off gameplay. It was in May of 2008 that I started playing seriously and focused on one character.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): In T14, I have cleared 14/16 Heroic 25 Man. I have experience on Tsulong(5% wipe), but Sha of Fear is the only boss I haven't seen yet.

In T13, I cleared 8/8 Heroic DS 25 at the 20% nerf. I was not around for T12, as I left the game for a year(from February 2011 to March 2012). However, before I left, I achieved 1/13 Heroic T11 25 Man.

In T10, I cleared 11/12 Heroic ICC 25 pre-4.0, along with the Glory of the ICC achievement.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Delizioso, Death Knight

- Race & why did you choose it: Orc. I chose this race for the attack power racial and the axe specialization racial.

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/l ... o/advanced

- Can you describe the ruckus? The ruckus cannot be described..

- Professions and why did you choose them: Engineering and Jewelcrafting. I chose Engineering for the obvious reason - Synapse Springs. It gives me ~2k strength on a 1 minute cooldown and gives me quite a big burst when lined up with Blood Fury and Pillar of Frost. I chose Jewelcrafting for the extra 320 strength it gives with gems. Even though I know Leatherworking is better, it's only by a literal 10 points of strength and I feel that it is unnecessary to drop Jewelcrafting for Leatherworking.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? 2handed Frost. My dual spec is Blood tank. I usually play this spec when I want to get a fast dungeon queue. I don't have gear for it, but I am very comfortable playing it in a raid.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: For 2H Frost DPS, my main focus of stats on gear is a lot of strength and a lot of haste, hit and expertise cap included. My current gear isn't the best, but I have focused on what I need and what is best for me. You'll notice some mastery legs, I took these because they were better than what I had previously. If I was able to obtain some haste legs(ex: plate legs from H Will) I would switch them immediately.

For Blood tanking, choice of gear would be pieces with a lot of mastery.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: For Frost DPS, I switch between several glyphs to be the most optimal for multiple fights. For example, the Dark Simulacrum glyph is used on Heroic Protectors of the Endless, to copy Regail's Lightning Bolt for extra damage. The glyph reduces the ability so it can be used more efficiently. My Icebound Fortitude glyph can be used for fights like Heroic Empress, where I can get more damage reduction in for ring explosions. The Anti-Magic Shell glyph I basically use on every single fight. It brings my AMS absorption to ~200k and allows me to 'soak' up more runic power which equals to more damage. I use the Death and Decay glyph just in case a fight requires a slow. I use the Pestilence glyph on fight with adds that I can spread my diseases to, such as Wind Lord.

For Blood Tanking, I do the same thing - switch based on the fight.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? As a 2 handed frost DPS, I rely on Obliterate for a good percentage of my damage. I use Obliterate when Killing Machine and both diseases are up on the target. Frost Strike is to be used when you are runic power capped, or when runes are needed. Recently, I have been waiting on Killing Machine procs to use for an obliterate, rather than using Frost Strike. I am still trying to decide whether this is worth it or not, so far I haven't found reason as to why it would be worth waiting on KM procs for obliterates. Diseases are to be up using Howling Blast and Plague Strike, and when the target is below 35% I bring Soul Reaper into my priority system.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? N/A

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): N/A, I don't pvp much on this toon.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Aftermath of Lightning's Blade - I have left this guild because the 25 man raiding in it has ceased. I do not wish to raid 10 mans as I feel uncomfortable in them.

Promethean of Malfurion - I have left this guild because, as much as it is a very good guild, the raid leader gave me anxiety. I found it very hard to please my officers with this anxiety.

Black Cell Faction of Crushridge - I left this guild a while ago. This was the guild that took me in and got me back on my feet for raiding in World of Warcraft. After doing some progression with them in Mists, I realized that they are not as progression oriented as I am.

Before this, it was a year since I played the game, so I do not remember any of my other guilds.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i.imgur.com/MLGeR4k.jpg

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zk2o7l2ttffzugbo/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j7b3kl1uk8d8vgj5/

- Alts & their name/level: Stupidwalrus, level 83 - Lightning's Blade

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected]

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I found Simple Math through Wowprogress. No, I do not know anyone in the guild.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I wish to raid with a group of players that want to down content and have their heads screwed on correctly. I want to finish the tier and the rest of the expansion, and more, with a group that thinks like I do. There's nothing much I'd like to say, just hope I get a chance to prove myself to you guys :D

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? I use a windows 7 with an AMD Radeon 6800 video card, with 6144 MB of RAM on the computer. Typical FPS during a 25 man is 25-35.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. I run a netgear router and modem which provides me a great internet connection.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2488966748.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
http://i.imgur.com/Z9zGnRv.png

Lemain
User

Re: Delizioso - Frost DK

Postby Lemain » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:27 am

Hello Delizioso,

I have a few questions regarding your responses to the application questions:

1: Please elaborate on
I rely on Obliterate for a good percentage of my damage

– On a single target fight is there an estimated percentage that you aim for from Obliterate; what about Frost Strike and other sources of damage? What about on a multi-target fight; how does your rotation change?

2: Please elaborate on
I am still trying to decide whether this is worth it or not, so far I haven't found reason as to why it would be worth waiting on KM procs for obliterates.

– Can you tell me if you do wait, how long you typically wait for OB with KM proc’ed?

3: How you manage your runes? Give me a full run down on how you would open on a boss, what CD’s you use, timing, and priorities.

4: Please describe in detail your gemming decisions and reforging. What are your reforging priorities?

5: Do you have a HM Starshatter; would you consider using it over your Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion?

6: Have you played Masterfrost? How do you think it compares to two handed frost builds in the current content? Can you tell me the differences in gearing / play styles between MF and 2handed builds? What about Unholy – tell me about your experiences (if any) with it?

7: What resources do you use for DK theory crafting (if any)?

Regarding your prior guilds:

I do not wish to raid 10 mans as I feel uncomfortable in them.

– what makes you feel uncomfortable about them / in them?

Promethean of Malfurion - I have left this guild because, as much as it is a very good guild, the raid leader gave me anxiety. I found it very hard to please my officers with this anxiety.

– please elaborate on this. What caused the anxiety? How do you deal with pressure, stress, and the focus needed to push progression content?

Thanks for applying… looking forward to your responses. Overall nice app… although I am a little disappointed with your MS Paint… he should do more squats and leg presses.

-Lemaindemort

Nize
User

Postby Nize » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:19 pm

– On a single target fight is there an estimated percentage that you aim for from Obliterate; what about Frost Strike and other sources of damage? What about on a multi-target fight; how does your rotation change?

For Obliterate, I'm looking for at least 10% more than Frost Strike. I use Plague Strike when Blood Plague is about to fall off(3-5 seconds left on debuff) and I aim for Howling Blast on every other rime proc. For multi-target, I switch over to using Howling Blast more (frost/death runes up) and I squeeze Death and Decay in the priority. This is with diseases up on all targets present, of course.

– Can you tell me if you do wait, how long you typically wait for OB with KM proc’ed?

If the wait time is short(1-2 seconds) I wait it out and hit Obliterate for KM. If it's anything longer than that, I hit Frost Strike.

3: How you manage your runes? Give me a full run down on how you would open on a boss, what CD’s you use, timing, and priorities.

This is a trick question! 2handed with Runic Empowerment doesn't manage runes, they keep runes on cooldown. Masterfrost with BloodTap does management. Like all DKs, I open up with army with 6 seconds on the pull timer following a potion. Get both diseases up using outbreak, and I hit Obliterate. I use Pillar of Frost/Synapse Springs off cooldown, and I try to line Blood Fury up with those two cooldowns.

4: Please describe in detail your gemming decisions and reforging. What are your reforging priorities?

For reforging, I use the EJ stat weights: Strength > Yellow Hit to Cap = Expertise to Cap > Haste > Crit > Mastery. For gemming, I prefer haste gems over strength gems. The amount of KM procs I get with this amount of haste is ridiculous, and I feel it's a substantial dps increase to get these KM procs in.

5: Do you have a HM Starshatter; would you consider using it over your Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion?

No, I do not have a HM Starshatter, however, if I had one, I would consider using it over Shin'ka. Sims say it's better because of the weapon damage, although I haven't had a chance to prove it for myself.

6: Have you played Masterfrost? How do you think it compares to two handed frost builds in the current content? Can you tell me the differences in gearing / play styles between MF and 2handed builds? What about Unholy – tell me about your experiences (if any) with it?

Yes, I have played masterfrost. In the current content, I believe the difference is minimal between MF and 2h. I don't feel the need to switch over gemming and reforging just to gain a few points of DPS, plus, I feel that masterfrost is a little too easy. I like the play of 2handed frost better than masterfrost. Masterfrost would want to focus more on HB/FS rather than obliterate. As for unholy, the last time I played it seriously was in T11 - However I am considering switching over to Unholy for 5.2 as it is getting a buff.

7: What resources do you use for DK theory crafting (if any)?

I use simcraft and EJ formulas.

– what makes you feel uncomfortable about them / in them?

The lack of people. I 'grew up' in 25 mans, so I guess I'm more used to it. I feel that it's not a raid unless there's 15 more people.

– please elaborate on this. What caused the anxiety? How do you deal with pressure, stress, and the focus needed to push progression content?

Before I joined Promethean, I was in a casual guild. It was a big change to go back to being in a serious progression guild - which I got used to eventually, but I was stressing myself trying to please my raid leader and officers, moreso than anyone should. While pushing progression content requires you to stress and deal with pressure, I felt that I was overdoing it.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:28 am

i'm a little concerned with your guild history - although you've explained your situation it still raises a red flag seeing someone who's been in at least four guilds in the last 11 months.

Delizioso - Aftermath - 12/11/2012 - ???
Delizioso - Promethean - 10/29/2012 - 12/7/2012
Delizioso - Black Cell Faction - 6/42012 - 10/30/2012
Ballerstatus - Game Ovér - 3/27/2012 - 6/1/2012

if we were to recruit you it would be for the long haul - over half the guild has been here for 1-5 years. is this something you're comfortable with?

you have a good application. your damage needs some work but you don't stand in too much fire and as far as i can tell you're executing mechanics correctly. we should probably have a chat on sunday or monday (evening).
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Nize
User

Postby Nize » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:07 am

Honestly, my intent was to stay in those 3 guilds for the long haul(Game Over was just a social spot until I found a raiding guild). I have no problem staying with you guys.

Also, about my damage-

Those three DKs that I was with in those logs outgeared me by a decent amount.
Here are two of them:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... z/advanced
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/l ... t/advanced

(keep in mind, those two 509 tier pieces I didn't have in my logs)

I get home from work around 5:10 EST on weekdays, so both days will be fine for me.

Lemain
User

Postby Lemain » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:56 pm

Hey Delizioso,

Looking into your logs, I was less concerned with the other DK's from Aftermath and moreso with the consistency and distribution of attack damage on some of your parses. Overall, despite the gear, things look pretty good.

Some things to consider:
I think you are missing out from sitting back on some valuable KM procs on Obliterates. There is a lot of discussion out there on how long you should wait, if you should wait, etc. etc. versus spending a KM on a FS. I think in this case and looking at some of your parses you may benefit from sitting on the KM if OB is 3-4 seconds out on some fights with less movement. On some of your parses your FS damage is 2-5% higher than your OB damage while your HB damage is that of an average single target fight. I think you may be gibing yourself by spending the KM on a FS; with your haste levels you should be just fine with rune regeneration. The only exceptions is when Lust is out or you have some other type of substantial haste buff, which in that case you run the risk of wasting GCD’s waiting for OB.

and I aim for Howling Blast on every other rime proc
You are losing out on free RP and free dps if you completely ignore any Rime proc. Not using a Rime proc versus waiting on using it (if you have KM up and runes free to OB / or are GCD capped) is a loss in dps… You want to use them… even if you don’t use them immediately after they proc. As 2handed you will certainly run the risk of overwriting them with KM OB's... but you don't want to let them go to waste.

Yes, I have played masterfrost. In the current content, I believe the difference is minimal between MF and 2h. I don't feel the need to switch over gemming and reforging just to gain a few points of DPS, plus, I feel that masterfrost is a little too easy.
I think anything you can do to squeeze out a few points of DPS can make a substantial contribution to any fight. Most of the boss fights in the current content are quite long than those in the past, so min / maxing can translate into millions of damage on some fights. Masterfrost does significantly out play 2handed on some fights due to add cleaving or heavy movement. It is certainly a bit more difficult to play optimal than 2handed than the past. Even though we are late in the patch and unholy changes are in the distance… it is something you may want to try out to boost your damage on some fights.

Again nice app… it would be nice to see what you can do.

Good luck!
-Lemain

Nize
User

Postby Nize » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:38 pm

I will work on those things and get them fixed up!

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:05 pm

We'd like to talk on mumble some point tomorrow evening, will you be around after 6:30?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Nize
User

Postby Nize » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:19 pm

Yes, Grouch and I talked a little bit - I'll be available at that time.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”