Catwiener - Combat/Assassination Rogue

Baddies
Spatula
User

Catwiener - Combat/Assassination Rogue

Postby Spatula » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 24 years old from Pittsburgh, PA
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): ~5:00PM EST – 1:00/1:30AM EST Mon-Fri, whenever during the weekends.
- Number of Testicles: 2 plums gettin’ all swollen with a light blue hue to em’. Fresh & juicy ready for the pickin’.
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? Absolutely not.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Of course, even had the original physical one before the iPhone App.
- How long have you played WoW: 7+ years on & off
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Vanilla - Cleared everything except Kel'Thuzad, but I did a lot of progression on him.
TBC - Cleared everything except Sunwell content.
WotLK - Raided more casually here, but cleared most content, 11/12 ICC.
Cata - 9/13 T11 (before my hiatus due to obtaining my first 'real' job at Bayer), none raiding T12 when it was relevant, and full clear of DS @ 5% (Spine & Madness).
Current - 6/6 H:MSV, 2/6 H:HoF & Terrace cleared on normal.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Catwiener, Rogue
- Race & why did you choose it: Undead, it’s arguably the best PvE racial at the moment.
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Catwiener/advanced
- Can you describe the ruckus? What I brings to the ladies. Because I gets mine, Larry.
- Professions and why did you choose them: Engineering, chose this for its general usefulness. Agi buff that I can use on command to stack with other buffs, Rocket Boots for extra mobility, Saronite Bombs were useful for a minor dps increase when I leveled it in WotLK as well.

Jewelcrafting, was one of the best professions when I dropped another profession to level it in WotLK, however I’m planning on dropping it for Blacksmithing because of how strong secondary stat gems are for combat.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Combat will always be my main, go to spec however I can play Assassination well too. Generally I play whatever is better for the fight no matter what. Assassination for single target/high AoE and Combat for fights where I can take advantage of cleave.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: For combat I prioritize haste as a secondary and mastery as Assassination.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: This really depends on the fight, but generally for Combat I use Adrenaline Rush/Feint/Sprint & Vendetta/Feint/Sprint for Assassination. Other notable glyphs I will switch out are Deadly Momentum for fights with adds that it works on(Elegon’s sparks/Gara'jal's shadows), Smoke bomb(for the extra raid CD during Gara’jal’s burn phase).
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? Keeping up SnD as close to 100% uptime as possible while weaving in rupture/evis depending on my insight level and how many combo points I have stored in Anticipation already. Also using KS and Adrenaline Rush/Shadow Blades on cooldown unless saving for a high damage increase phase.
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? N/a.
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): ~2300 when I did arena’s in WotLK & TBC.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
<Blue Garter> Azshara - This is where I accomplished all of my vanilla raiding experience as well as some of TBC(Kara/Gruul). Left in TBC to raid with <Relentless> due to loss of a lot of main raiders from vanilla.

<Relentless> Shattered Hand - Came here during TBC and cleared everything up to and including Illidan, this was at ~ top US25 level. Left because I had just finished high school and needed to focus on what I was going to do with my life.

<Envy>/<Evade> Shattered Hand - Spent my time during WotLK here mostly raiding semi-casually with friends. Nothing very serious in terms of progression. Stopped playing when guild transferred to merge with another during T11 and I had just landed my first 'real' job at Bayer.

<Warpath> Illidan - Transferred here to raid with a friend at the end of FL and have been here since. Switched to 10m at the beginning of MoP due to our GM's work schedule switching from EST to PST and having most members based in the EST. This week we decided as a guild that due to a couple of core people not wanting to play anymore it was best to stop raiding.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-b2rzrvjwblqy3ifa/sum/damageDone/?s=6585&e=7167
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sz135v878k0emnie/sum/damageDone/?s=845&e=1191
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ojyw7tprjppkf7hd/sum/damageDone/?s=5464&e=5810
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sz135v878k0emnie/sum/damageDone/?s=2182&e=2493(WoL does not properly record this fight due to the spirit realm, I was actually around 111k DPS according to my logs.)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ojyw7tprjppkf7hd/sum/damageDone/?s=6668&e=6971
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-517xd1l29qsqrcz7/analyze/dd/source/?s=4088&e=4566
- Alts & their name/level: N/a
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):

Real ID - Fastfingaz#1182
Cell - (724)777-8283
Skype - Stephen.Zilka
E-mail - [email protected]

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Just from keeping up to date with current progression status.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
I’m looking for a 25 man raid environment with a serious, exceptional player base and strong leadership. Also I’m looking for a great overall place to call home for the long run. I'm a highly motivated, progression minded rogue with 7+ years of experience playing his class while keeping up to date with current theorycrafting and min/maxing tricks. I think that I would be a good fit for <Simple Math>.

In the Real Life I'm a 24 year old Desktop Technician working at EQT Corporation in Pittsburgh, PA. I was born and raised here in a suburb about 18 miles from the city itself. I'm both a PC enthusiast and an audiophile and enjoy getting the best performance possible out of my equipment. Outside of WoW I play a fair amount of League of Legends and enjoy mindlessly hanging out in Mumble/Vent and bs’ing.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Custom built, watercooled rig I built last year. i7 [email protected]/16 gigs of Corsair Dominator/x2 MSI 580 Xtreme Lighting Edition. ~60 because of vsync.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
Enjoy.

In closing I would just like to thank all of you for taking the time out of your day to go through my application. I wish you all luck in the coming days & really look forward to hearing from you.

-Steve
I'm just an average guy with exceptional hair. Nothing more, nothing less.
It's okay guys, my packet loss is good. -Plezzureable

Jason
User

Re: Catwiener - Combat/Assassination Rogue

Postby Jason » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:35 pm

- Race & why did you choose it: Undead, it’s arguably the best PvE racial at the moment.

Is it, though? Why not Troll? You say you prioritze Haste, so I can only infer that Troll would be your best bet.

Spatula
User

Postby Spatula » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:12 pm

The math is some what inconclusive, here's two examples.

http://shadowpanther.net/races.htm

As you can see to the right hand side it's simming way higher than Troll even slightly higher than Panda.

http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/us/illidan/catwiener/#!/jU/JbsIwFPwXn32I3ZAWzYkSFqkLpyq0UQ5xIYmyuEGAaPn6jhMKQu2htp7fm/GMM4mVFE27BXSDyvNRh0MAzXhHpoZbTfgIle2hRyijL1xWM0mhhgW07S7K5aBTj+jsURmlPWs/X/nEE/S8e9/xVG4OtG8c2VthP45k1ucPtxHhFjo7OSg4nGPZdAx31Snt8ylTFe5/0oXOXULfn+AD4Qx62sNd28M5rD1e/klIT4o3IYXWSnmagzEBTLqEMXcwxZQ1Yc2EjP+pE+mVzEleVr9kiYxjJf1ECrVFgMGCYRSY0LUFgsh1l4+qPzZ98KkYQMPghpWi5pmTNWRXfNPgFu/cFVGOIRVrzhnnnL1ALpLkGw==
Here's my Shadowcraft import, As Undead I am currently simming 97374.1 DPS, however as Troll it's simming at 97148.4 DPS. Keep in mind that if it was a Beast fight(Stone Gaurds/Garalon) Troll would most definitely be better.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:56 pm

would you like to speak with us on mumble later tonight or tomorrow?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Spatula
User

Postby Spatula » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:12 am

Absolutely, what time would be good for you tomorrow? I get home from work ~5:00PM EST.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:16 am

6:30 eastern time?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Spatula
User

Postby Spatula » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:21 am

Sure, sounds great. Can you PM me the info please?

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”