Newaayy - Blood DK

Baddies
Newaayy
User

Newaayy - Blood DK

Postby Newaayy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:06 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 25 West Des Moines, IA
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Don't remember what time Andorhal is, but I usually play anywhere from 1pm CST/2pm EST/11am PST to 2am CST/1am EST/12pm EST
- Number of Testicles: Two
- Can you attend raids on these days: I can
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? Negative
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: About 8 years
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
ToES: 4/4N
HoF: 6/6N
MSV: 6/6N 5/6H
DS: 8/8H (current)
FL: 7/7H (current - post Rag nerf)
T11: 6/6H 2/2H 5/5H (current)
ICC: 11/12H (current)
ToC: 4/5H (current)
Ulduar: Full clear on 10 and 25 FL/XT/Hodir/Thorim/Iron Council/2 light/Mimiron HM (current)
Naxx: Full clear 10 and 25 (current)
Sunwell: 4/6 (current)
BT: 9/9 (current)
MH: 5/5 (current)
SSC/TK/Mag's/Kara/Gruul's: Cleared (current)
Naxx 40: 0/15
AQ40:7/9 (current - all but C'Thun and Viscidus)
AQ20: Cleared (current)
BWL/MC/ZG: Cleared (current)

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Chris - Death Knight

- Race & why did you choose it: I would prefer Orc, but for progression would most likely go Tauren for the increased HP.

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ayy/simple

- Can you describe the ruckus? A disturbance; a commotion. Both of which I do my best to never cause.

- Professions and why did you choose them: Engineering. Love the tinkers and the activated dodge CD is a nice combo in Vampiric Blood. Blacksmithing. The extra mastery gems are very nice.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I have it, I don't often play Frost/Unholy, except maybe occasionally to do dailies, but I usually do those as Blood also.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: At this time, I reforge for a set amount of exp/hit just to do some damage, because I find the bosses that I have done currently, allow for me to do so. If I had issues with a boss, I would reforge out of those into more mitigation stats (dodge/parry). Currently my reforge set up is Mastery/Hit (7.5%)/Exp (7.5%)/Parry/Dodge. I try to find pieces of tank gear with a high amount of mastery on it.
My frost spec is hardly used. But I have it set up for 2H frost which is Str/Hit (cap)/Exp (dodge cap)/Haste/Crit/Mastery.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
I use AMS/Death Coil/Vampiric Blood. I chose AMS because the magic absorb is amazing for fights where heavy magic damage is a main mechanic. In addition, it's short cd and ability to completely fill an RP bar is very effective. I chose the VB glyph mostly because the extra health doesn't help as much as the healing. I believe the only fight I unglyphed it for was H-Deathwing because the HP was needed for impales. The last glyph is a filler. The reason I'm not using Dancing Rune Weapon is because the extra threat isn't really needed at the moment, and some more damage always helps. I would use this glyph if snap threat was an issue.

My dps glyphs at the moment are PvP glyphs. For DPS glyphs I would use AMS for the same reasons as stated above. I would use Death Grip and Pestilence as my other glyphs. Death Grip in combination with the minor glyph that removes the taunt would be good for fight such as Lei Shi during the add phase. Pestilence helps in AoE dps situation and spreading blood plague despite how little damage it does.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? N/A

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? N/A

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
Duelist! Yeah...I'm a badass. I have Lieutenant Commander in RBG's.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Not sure how far back you want this to go. The reason for leaving my current guild is because raiding 12 hours a week and having people showing up just to hit bosses and ignore mechanics wears thin after a while. During new bosses, the officers pretty much wing strats and often contradict each other and while I have tried (I am an officer) to get meetings set up before raids, they almost never show or make meaningful contributions. After giving it 2 months, it has only gotten worse. In addition to this, I enjoy raiding and would to continue doing it with like minded people. I enjoy playing alts and we can't get a good alt raid going over here. Progress is a little slower than I feel it should be.

Before Contingency I was in a guild with some RL friends and they quit raiding and I joined Contingency.

Before that I raided with WoW friend in T11 and that fell apart also.

T10 - I raided with Redefined until they stopped raiding due to burnout on H-LK.
If you'd like me to go farther let me know, but my memory gets fuzzy after this.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: Image
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/205296/
- Alts & their name/level: Newaahh 90 and leveling a prot paladin.
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected] and I would give officers my phone number for text messages.
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: WoWprogress.com. No, I don't believe so.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I like the way you presented yourself in your statement on wowprogress. You all work toward a common goal and you raid hard. I like that and want to be a part of it. In addition, I feel like I will be pushed to be a better player and not settle for mediocrity like I have in my last guild.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
I use a computer I built on ibuypower. I just recently bought a new one from there and it will be here probably before Christmas.
Current PC: Intel i7 975 3.33GHz, 12 gigs of RAM, and 3 nVidia 285 GTX's
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2351727612.png
This will change as I am moving home and I have better internet there.
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
Honestly surprised they weren't in that fight.

Ninetales
User

Re: Newaayy - Blood DK

Postby Ninetales » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:06 pm

Any desire to spend part of your time dpsing? We're looking for a 3rd tank but we need all players to rotate equally, be it sitting or spending time playing an offspec.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Newaayy
User

Postby Newaayy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:59 am

I don't have issues with DPS'ing, I would just need to know way ahead of time so I can practice. I only have a weapon for 2H frost, so I'll be working on that.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:09 am

like we discussed earlier, we're looking for a third tank to rotate in with our two current tanks. most people in the guild play more than one role to make sure the raid has an optimal composition for each boss. glad to hear that you're interested, we have had tank applicants in the past who are completely inflexible.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:05 pm

We're interested in chatting, just respond to this or come find an officer in game and we'll set up a time to talk.

Newaayy
User

Postby Newaayy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:09 pm

Just give me a time and I'll be there.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:12 pm

how about right now?

Newaayy
User

Postby Newaayy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:33 pm

Tonight around 1030-11 or sometime Saturday would work best.

Newaayy
User

Postby Newaayy » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:12 am

Around, I'll be on WoW grouch has my real ID

Newaayy
User

Postby Newaayy » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:14 am

Newaayy#1345 if he's not around

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:55 am

Try sunday at 6:30

Newaayy
User

Postby Newaayy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:20 pm

k

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:45 pm

hallo?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Newaayy
User

Postby Newaayy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:00 pm

hallo

Newaayy
User

Postby Newaayy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:01 pm

Sorry, I have been on a CST server for the past year and a half and my mind automatically puts time in CST, I apologize for not realizing you meant EST

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”