Usually I'm on from around 10AM server time up till 1AM+ Server time
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account?
No.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why?
I have one.
- How long have you played WoW:
Since the end of WotLK off and on.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
I didn't raid pre-cata because I never had the time to actually get in to the game. Here in Brazil (which is where I'm from) it's common to work whilst studying especially in my major (business). Cata rolled around pretty much after I graduated and for the first time I had the time to invest into the game. I completed BWD/BoT/TFW and a couple of the first HM bosses in BWD with a guild that I unfortunately don't remember the name of. When FL rolled around it took me a while to get in to the whole raiding scene seeing as I had transferred servers and also took a bit of time for me to find a guild that I felt well with as this is not the easiest of decisions. In FL I cleared the content in NM and downed up to Alysrazor in HM (though Alysrazor was after the first nerf to the content). A bit after that I had to quit WoW due to some health issues (was diagnosed with depression, and unlike what is normally the reason for such a thing to happen, I apparently have some family history with this kind of "diseases"). But that is now under total control and most definitely won't happen to rear its ugly head again. But this prevented me from raiding in DS. Well, overall, I don't have the most extensive raiding background but I feel like I am decent/good at what my class does and have the necessary awareness to raid in top tier content.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:
Loreld/Hunter
- Race & why did you choose it:
Pandaren as they have the biggest racial as an Alliance right now.
- Link to Battle.net Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... d/advanced
- Can you describe the ruckus?
Oh how I wish I could, but alas it is above me.
- Professions and why did you choose them:
LW as it has the biggest bonus right now (only 10 agi but it is still something) and JC as every other profession is pretty much the same.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
BM and SV, I play both of them daily.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
Hunter gear is pretty straight-forward try to look for gear with either expertise, hit or crit. After getting 2550 rating on Hit and Expertise pump the most you can in crit then mastery. Though I do prefer haste over mastery as a personal choice, mastery is stronger and as such it should be higher.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Glyphs are also pretty simple, I go for Deterrence for the increased damage mitigation when using it, Marked for Death which makes it easier to get a hunter's mark on mobs so I don't lose a GCD and Animal Bond which is a small, but nonetheless, buff to healing received.

For SV the only difference would be that I use also the minor glyph of Stampede so I can use all 5 pets during stampede.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Well, BM has a pretty clunky rotation because it has quite a big number of cooldowns but essentially it's using Dire Beast, Lynx Rush and KC off every CD, KC having priority over the other two. Bestial Wrath should be used on every cd but you can delay it if you're close to 5 stacks of frenzy and you're KC is off cd because ideally you would want to use 2 KC's per BW cooldown to maximize BW damage.

As SV Black Arrow and Explosive Shot are the priority, along with Dire Beast and Lynx Rush. Spam Explosive Shot on LnL procs (unless focus capped, where you can add an arcane shot or two in between). On AoE fights that has up to 3/4 targets you should use multishot to apply serpent sting on all targets and then use your normal single target rotation and use arcane shot as a focus dump.

Regarding bigger CDs, Readiness should be used after your initial rotation and Rapid Fire so you can reset all your cds and stampede should be delayed a few seconds from the start of the fight so you can luckily get some trinket/weapon procs as your pet damage scales off your RAP/AP.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
No ranks.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
I unfortunately don't remember the first raiding guild I was in and I left due to the guild deciding to not raid as much as before and, I'm not proud of this, some incompatibility issues that I had with a couple of members (I thought that the members in question had an infectious attitude towards raiding and the game in general). The second raiding guild I was in is the one where I did FL content and had to unfortunately leave due to my health issues. Though I wish I had continued playing, taking care of myself took precedence over the game. Regarding my current guild, as much as I like the people that are in it they don't feel the need to attempt HMs and I miss doing 25 raids. Also, I have the time to dedicate myself quite a bit to WoW and raiding right now as I'm not working and don't have any plans to work in the near future. I'd like to further test myself in this game.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://imgur.com/8yJg7
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225678/
- Alts & their name/level:
None right now, though I'm leveling a warrior and a warlock (82 and 50 respectively)
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected]
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Through WoW progress.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
From what I have read here on your website and forums, Simple Math seems like a guild that would mesh well with my personality and overall attitude towards the game.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
As far as PC specs go I have a 3960X-i7 (not overclocked as it's not really needed), 16gb of ram with a gtx 580 (may upgrade this soon depending on prices). I get at the very least 40ish/50+ fps during the clusterf*** that is Sha. My PC can handle raiding quite perfectly.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
http://speedtest.net/result/2274376075.png
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
http://imgur.com/XekoP

Goratha
User

Re: Loreld BM/SV Hunter

Postby Goratha » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:09 am

Very thoroughly filled out application! I would like to point out a few things though.

First off leatherworking, while a good profession, it no longer provides any benefit over the other main choices.

If you have an exotic pet with you as survival, it will copy the main pet one time for every exotic pet you have, rending the glyph useless. If you take into account that you have to also make sure rabid is on cd before you pop stampede, its pretty bad.

Lastly, and most importantly, you really should be spamming multi-shot more as survival, I would go as far as saying that you should use it over arcane shot on if theres more than one target at all.

Otherwise the application was very well filled out and I don't really have any questions.

Vardish
User

Postby Vardish » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:44 am

I initially thought that they changed the bonus on LW so that it would be equal, but I was reading that it was still better, I should've done a bit more research (not that it changes anything though).

About stampede, I have yet to test it myself on whether or not an exotic pet in your stable would make it one less pet during Stampede, I just went off of what I saw on some of the forums out there (mainly mmo-champion and Rogerbrown's own hunter guide on method's website). I should've just tested it myself haha.

I've found that spamming multi-shot is better if there are 3 or more targets, if not I just tend to use multi-shot to reapply serpent sting and use arcane shot as a focus dump (multi-shot is still quite expensive focus-wise so I try not to spam it as much unless it is a definite increase in DPS).

Nephelee
User

Postby Nephelee » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:42 am

Nice app! I have a few questions:

Would you stay Panda if you went Horde?

Do you encounter many internet issues with WoW while being located in Brazil?

Do you like kiting? :)

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:46 am

hi loreld, thanks for apping. a few questions for you:

Loreld wrote:26 years old, Brazil

we had someone from brazil raid with us a few years ago, he had issues with internet connectivity. your speedtest shows good numbers but how is your stability?

Loreld wrote:Pandaren as they have the biggest racial as an Alliance right now.

what race would you be if you were to go horde and why?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Vardish
User

Postby Vardish » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:51 am

As a horde I'm actually debating on what race I should go, I'm leaning towards Orc right now as that racial is pretty strong.

As far as my internet goes I of course will never get something like 50ish ms but it is really stable (not only that I now have 2 connections in my house so I can change to another in case it is needed)

And I don't mind kiting, I would just need to get used to kite whatever it is that needs to be kited.

Vardish
User

Postby Vardish » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:54 am

Oh, also on the subject of internet connection and whatnot, I'm actually planning on moving back to the USA (as I have lived there when I was younger) pretty soonish. My mother and I will most likely move to the east coast, not sure where though as I have to decide which University I want to do my Master's on.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”