Baddies
Chkchkchk
User

Chkchkchk - Balance Druid (transfer)

Postby Chkchkchk » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:36 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 30/Oregon
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 5-9:00 PM CST
- Number of Testicles: From normal anatomical circumstances, or from an excess of radiation and genetic mutation? If it's the former, I'd say 2.
- Can you attend raids on these days: Yes times 4.
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Sure do
- How long have you played WoW: Since vanilla, but it wasn't until Wrath that I started to raid seriously.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): All of t11/12/13 while they were still relevant and some of t10 when it was current content.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Chkchkchk, Moonkin
- Race & why did you choose it: Troll. Berserking. Is there any other choice? No.
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/c ... chk/simple
- Can you describe the ruckus? That's the last time, Bender.
- Professions and why did you choose them: Leatherworking and incription. I've had both on my druid since I created him. I might switch professions one of these days, but both have served me well. Currently, I've been using inscription to churn out DM cards quicker for the guild I'm currently in and LW for the not-so-bad bracer enchant.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? MS is Balance and OS is currently resto. I'm also quite proficient at both feral and guardian (note: I primarily played feral cat/bear during T-13 and only just recently switched to moonkin).
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Star prirorities that I look for on my MS [moonkin] gear are int > spirit > haste (up to 5273) > crit > mastery. OS is Spirit > Int > Haste (up to 3039) > Mastery > Crit.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: For balance I use Barkskin, Moonbeast and Rebirth. For resto I use Regrowth, Wild Growth and Lifebloom.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? I make sure that I'm heading towards lunar so I'll get more uptime from a buffed SF after CA ends by using AC pre-pull. During the pull I pre-pot, use my berserking/NV/CA/INC macro, put up MF and then spam SF until CA ends. I usually try and refresh both of my dots at the end of an eclipse (unless I get lucky with crits and can manage to extend my empowered dot [either MF or SF]). For two targets, I keep MF and SF up at all times and refresh both dots at the beginning and end of an eclipse. For more than two targets, I put up both MF and SF on everything and use SS to push myself in and out of eclipse states.
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Er... haven't spent much time with PVP.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Precedence [Sen'Jin]: Guild was absorbed by Big Crits near the end of tier 12.
Nonpareils: left due to leadership stepping down.
Rebellion/Uprising: left due to the guild disbanding and getting absorbed by Exodus at the beginning of tier 13
IBT: ex-rebellion members' 10-man that raided throughout tier 13 and then ended up disbanding due to inner-guild drama at the beginning of tier 14
Surprise Mutiny: U.S. top-100 guild reform from back in Wrath. Currently with this guild.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/Y ... 041101.jpg. BigWigs is usually right above the target frame, but I had it disabled due to changing some timers shortly before I queued up for LFR.
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://worldoflogs.com/reports/f8qvs1yw ... dd/source/
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/4frrrvl7 ... dd/source/
- Alts & their name/level: Chkchickens (level 90 shadow priest); Ishontsuo (level 85 DK); Pentangle (level 85 holy paladin); Kashatsumi (level 85 warlock); Myrmaz (level 85 warrior); Khckhckhc (level 85 resto shaman); Babychickens (level 33 druid [will feral])
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected]
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I've known about SM for a long time now and just now decided to app. I currently don't know anyone in SM.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? SM has always stuck me as an extremely disciplined guild with a history of being at the forefront of progression without taking themselves super seriously. This is the kind of guild culture that appeals to me the most. When I raid, I'm extremely competitive, but I also realize that it's a hobby and that I value every minute I spend playing this game.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Intel core i7 with a Radeon 5870 HD GPU and 8GB of RAM.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/result/2256969748.png
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional). Turtle's, how do they work: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/Y ... turtle.png

Chkchkchk
User

Re: Chkchkchk - Balance Druid (transfer)

Postby Chkchkchk » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:37 am

OMG, that was yes times 5. Looks like my math is a bit too simple. Shit.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:01 am

So uh. What's going on in this paint exactly

Chkchkchk
User

Postby Chkchkchk » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:07 am

Amye wrote:So uh. What's going on in this paint exactly

Well... Pandaria has been befallen with a foe more treacherous and sinister than all that has come before. The Valley of Four Winds has spawned what can only be referred to as a direct link between Pandaria and the deepest, darkest depths of all that is foul and unholy: turtles. Anywho, all pseudo-RP/lorenerd nonsense aside, this is basically my depiction of total-turtle-annihilation near the pools of purity in Vot4W. Completely gratuitous, I know. PETA, here I come.

Nachthymnen
User

Postby Nachthymnen » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:59 am

Hey chk, thanks for the application!

How willing are you to play Resto (or Guardian or Feral for that matter) in raids? While we don't require you to play more than one role, it is definitely nice to know what options we have available.

Can you go into a bit more detail on your Incarnation, Celestial Alignment, and Nature's Vigil usage?

chkchkchk wrote:Star prirorities that I look for on my MS [moonkin] gear are int > spirit > haste (up to 5273) > crit > mastery

Are there any situations that you'd consider reforging for full crit instead of 5273 haste > crit? Also, how do you value haste after 5273?

chkchkchk wrote:. OS is Spirit > Int > Haste (up to 3039) > Mastery > Crit.

For what it is worth, 3043 haste adds another tick (from 4 ticks to 5) to Tranquility's hot. That's a roughly 10% increase to Tranquility for 4 haste rating. Oh, and in general, you don't want to value spirit any more than Int. 1000 spirit, for instance, is worth 40608 mana in a 6 minute fight. That's ~4.5 Rejuvs over 6 minutes. 1000 Intellect, however, is ~3% increase in all healing (in my gear atm). A 3% increase in healing will usually beat out less than one extra filler spell cast a minute.

Thanks and good luck!

Chkchkchk
User

Postby Chkchkchk » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:32 am

Nachthymnen wrote:Hey chk, thanks for the application!

Thanks for the quick reply! =)

Nachthymnen wrote:
How willing are you to play Resto (or Guardian or Feral for that matter) in raids? While we don't require you to play more than one role, it is definitely nice to know what options we have available.

I've played resto, feral and guardian extensively, so I'd more than open to playing whatever is required. I'd prefer maining as balance, but I definitely don't object to the other three options.

Nachthymnen wrote:
Can you go into a bit more detail on your Incarnation, Celestial Alignment, and Nature's Vigil usage?

Since each one has a 3-min CD, I've found that using a macro that includes all three is the best way to maximize their usage. I've spent countless hours (more than I'd care to admit) testing the "recommended" CD sequence -- starting one cast from lunar, popping Incarnation/NV, and then chaining CA at the end of Incarnation to maximize Starfire's damage -- and contrasting it against the "burst" opener that the macro gives you. I've found that using a nuke macro that includes all CDs is the best way to go for *most* situations. On a fight like Gara'jal, I might use CA "downstairs" to nuke the adds and then NV/Incarnation/berserking after I come back up for the increased damage that's granted by the buff.

Nachthymnen wrote:Are there any situations that you'd consider reforging for full crit instead of 5273 haste > crit? Also, how do you value haste after 5273?

Probably not. I sim nearly 4k higher with the hybrid gems and going for 5273 haste than I do with full crit. I'm simming at 70108 with my current gemming/reforging (haste > crit) and 66205 with full crit.

Nachthymnen wrote:For what it is worth, 3043 haste adds another tick (from 4 ticks to 5) to Tranquility's hot. That's a roughly 10% increase to Tranquility for 4 haste rating.

That was a total typo on my part. I meant to say 3043. :P I've been trying to piece together a resto set, but most leather gear has been getting filtered to our new resto app and our MW recently. Right now it's mostly full 463 with a few non-socket pieces that I just retain from my moonkin set and then reforge.

Nachthymnen wrote:Thanks and good luck!

No, thank you! =)

~ Chkchkchk (turtle annihilator)

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:12 am

You're going to have to give up your murdering ways.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Would you be available to chat with us around 11 pm est on mumble?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Chkchkchk
User

Postby Chkchkchk » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Ninetales wrote:Would you be available to chat with us around 11 pm est on mumble?

Definitely. Just shoot me a PM with the mumble info and I'll be on!

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”