Teemoh Rogue/Monk

Baddies
Karmaah
User

Teemoh Rogue/Monk

Postby Karmaah » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 22, EST
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): I usually play depending on things that I am doing in game from 12pm-whenever, but usually late like 3AM
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: YES
-- Tuesday: YES
-- Wednesday: YES
-- Thursday: YES
-- Friday (optional): YES
-- Saturday (optional): YES
-- Sunday: YES
- Do any others have access to your account? Nope
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? I do use one
- How long have you played WoW: Since Vanilla Beta
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Vanilla- I was on Illidan playing my hunter which was my first character with some people from the old Team Ice and some people that are now in the guild Team Malice on Zul'Jin I cleared out all of the content.
BC- I cleared out all the content with a guild called Tribune at first. Then I created a guild called Living Legends and raid lead with my best friend and we raided until I ended up taking a break from the game.
Wrath- I came back to the game where I joined a guild called Occult and quickly became an officer. We cleared out all the content as well as being the only guild to get The Immortal and the original Glory of the Raider. I cleared out Ulduar and got all the server first achievements with a guild called Strife. When ICC was released I switched mains to a warlock and was an officer and got server first Heroic Lich King pre-nerf with Strife.
Cataclysm- I joined Gentlemens Club and quickly leveled up with them being the second warlock on the server to 85 while never being in the beta or seeing any of the quests. I was in for the entire top US kills in the first tier of raiding while topping meters and constantly performing so well that I had many top WoL parses for almost every boss. There are all the videos on the GC website to prove this as well. Before Firelands started I had a family member pass away so I could no longer focus on raiding like I wanted to and had to leave GC so I could go across country to take care of some family issues. I ended up starting my own guild and was the raid leader with some real life friends during Firelands and took it pretty casually going 6/7Heroic and had many sub 25% pulls on Rag, but like many guilds attendance was an issue and people decided they didn't want to put in the time to kill the boss. After Firelands I switched to my rogue as we had 0 melee in our guild and already had a decently geared rogue that I raided in the alt runs with. In Dragon Soul we were number 1 on the server and had many server first kills, but when our main tank and healer who were dating quit we had the same issue of attendance. It was to the point where we server transferred the guild to find people on a more populated realm. After much encouragement from my friends telling me it was ok to join a guild that shared my passion for raiding and I joined Whatever Were Awesome and went 8/8 Heroic with them.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Teemoh Rogue, but in Mists I plan on rerolling monk windwalker/mistweaver
- Race & why did you choose it: I chose Orc because personally I like the Blood Fury CD, as well as the axe's were nice for Firelands with the expertise. The EP values between Orc and Goblin were very small, so I chose Orc since the Hardness racial is decent for Pvp
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... moh/simple
- Can you describe the ruckus? Watch your tongue young man! Watch it!
- Professions and why did you choose them: I chose Eng/LW because they are arguably the best professions atm for rogues since the epic gems came out. I like the versatility that engineering brings with the Synapse springs and the nitro boosts. As well as the Ep value is around +80 like the other professions. LW is nice because I don't have to spend a million gold on LW enchants, as well as the +stats on the bracers give a great bonus to Agi.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? My main spec is Combat, but my offspec is PvP sub because I pvp alot when I'm not raiding. I can also play Mut very proficiently even though it's a pretty simple spec, and I played it all throughout WotLK
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: My gear is the BiS for combat as well as the reforging that I have done prioritizing the spell hit cap, then 26 Expertise, and then reforging straight for haste as it is the best for combat. There are a few pieces that i could still use such as bracers and ring and the heroic Rag neck, but I have yet to see them drop for me.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: I am using the basic cookie cutter prime and major glyphs that most combat rogues should use, Prime: Adrenaline Rush, SnD, Sinister Strike. They are all clear dps increases as the only other two glyphs that cold be used are Killing spree and revealing strike which don’t have as close to DPS values as the glyphs I use do. Longer AR is a clear increase, as well as SnD duration helps give some time in rotation making it a bit easier to manage, and obviuously a 20% chance in gaining a combo point in SS is a nice opportunity. Major: Blade Flurry, Tricks, Feint. I use BF because it helps out the most in fights where I BF which is about half the fights in DS, and having 50% less penalty to energy regen is great. Tricks because it helps out with my 2 piece as I can have that energy to keep attacking when I activate it. Finally feint because I tend to use it a lot especially on Morchock as I soak stomps, on Ultra to help healers, Zon’ozz as well for the ball bounces to help healers, and basically the fights that have damage that can be mitigated. It’s all about helping out my healers and making it easier for them.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? The optimal rotation for combat in essence is easy, but there are a few CD's that need to be used.
First: I like to start out with dropping my Battle Chicken for Engineering before comabt then switching my trinket back, for the possible 5% haste buff the chicken could possibly grant.
Secondly: Before the fight I prepot and tricks the person I am assigned to.
Finally: I go with my normal rotation of keeping up SnD, 4 SS then a Revealing Strike, and Evicerate. I use AR on cool down, as well as tricks, and tend to wait for killing spree until I have Full Bandits Guile since its a dps increase. Towards the end when we lust I pop another pot and push my buttons harder (jk).

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why? N/A
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): My highest rank on my rogue is Warlord. I've been 2395 in Rbg's but my team stopped playing and I went with Pug's and I tanked to 2300
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: I got accepted to WWA March 19th, but I do not enjoy the raid atmosphere. I am constantly told that I should not use core rogue abilities so that I don’t out dps other members of the raid such as blade flurrying adds. I'm not joking, I literally got yelled at in vent by another player to not bladeflurry so that their mages could try to get WoL rankings. They were extremely obsessed with trying to get certain people rankings so they can feel special. To ensure that my DPS is lower than it should be, they instructed the tanks and healers in vent to kill me and mess with me since I'm the "new guy" such as not healing me, BoP'ing me, Lifegripping me, etc. I have gone 8/8 HM DS with them. I left the guild because in vent this week they were being extremely malicious to certain people including me, and telling people that they should literally kill themselves for messing up a strat they hadn't known. Knowing what it's like to lose someone to bullying I can't be a part of that atmosphere. While I know the seriousness of the game and being an extremely competetive person myself I know the game can be heated, but at the end of the day people shouldn't have to feel like shit for not understanding something they were unsure of.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://tinypic.com/r/14bqhwl/5
It's a very minimalistic UI with the basic interface as I'm used to it since I pvp all the time and that's just a habit and what works best for me. I have Omen that shows up above recount for raids. I use the standard blizzard raid frames that also show up for raid and parties. I use Slice Commander to track my combo points as well as slice and dice, feint, recuperate etc. I use DBM, and also Power Auras that help me during raid to track duffs and de buffs of a fight as well as tracking my Fury of the Destroyer. I also use Omni CC to track my CD's, oRA because I like to see all the raids cool downs being the raid leader I needed that, and tidy plates as well to help for fights like madness and yor'shajj. I also use skada, because recount has been really buggy and screws with my fps recently.

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
April 03 - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jz2pwo6dwhxv2nu6/
March 27 – Morchok – Hagara http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4wk1mzhgk7fo1tmc/
Ultraxion – Deathwing http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-g01dgigxsapg5ixy/
March 20 - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yqldnw9owd5zr1h6/

I explained to Grouch that during my time in WWA, they pretty much did whatever they could to be a distraction in raid and be counter productive. I can't even remember the amount of times that they would BoP me, Lifegrip me away from the boss/into shit, also let me die without healing just for laughs. As well as misdirecting the boss to me to try to get me killed since I was the "new guy". Normally I'm all about having fun and being silly in raid, but when it affects my logs and I'm trying to make a good impression in guild, then it gets frustrating.

- Alts & their name/level: My main alt is my lock name Karmaah which I got all my US top kills with GC on, other than that I have an 85 of every class on a bunch of different servers. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... aah/simple Thats the link to my lock
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected]
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I don't know anyone in Simple Math, but there was a friend of mine who used to raid with you guys and said the atmosphere was great.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I want to join the guild because it is a pinnacle of raiding as well as a solid core of members that share the same passion for the game that I do. I have a lot to offer the guild and not only just in the raiding aspect of the game, but PvP and years of leadership experience. I have spent numerous tiers of raiding with top guilds, and have experienced the thrill of starting a new expansion. I have the experience of leveling as fast as possible and grinding instances early in an expansion and rep for gear to be the top guild not only on the server, but to strive for US and World top kills. I have lead multiple guilds and been an officer in most of the guilds that I have been in. I understand the dynamics of players and their skill sets and adapt to situations in guild that can be hard to get through such as players being burnt out and quitting. I like to think of myself as extremely loyal because once I find a guild I like I will stay in there until the guild pretty much disbands or something in my life arises. Only one time where this affected me to the point I had to leave a top guild because a family member died and I had to take care of many things at that time. Ultimately I would be trying to join the guild on my rogue, but I plan to be a Monk in Mist and would play any spec that is needed of me, although I have more of a passion for Windwalker (Dps) or Mistweaver (Healer)
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? I have an Imac 2.66 GHz Intel core i5. It's a pretty newish computer and it runs WoW pretty smoothly. I have Verizon Fios with cable modem, so unless there is some sort of extreme storm that knocks all the power out, I don't DC.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. http://imgur.com/Aad6t
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).Unfortunately I don't have MS paint since I have a Mac, but I did my best to make an image in Word on one of my favorite videos of all time. Image

Tyde
User

Re: Teemoh Rogue/Monk

Postby Tyde » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Nice app, clearly thought out and actually fully completed for once! Seems like you have great experience, take what you do seriously, and take similar approaches to raiding. My only question/concern is the seemingly consistent switching of toons (which may be for justified reasons) from hunter -> lock -> rogue -> monk... Are you sure you are going to play monk? Is the toon switching going to continue or do you think you found a place you want to stay at as a player? Other than that your app looks great, lots of luck to you!

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:46 pm

Would you happen to know the name of the old friend you speak of?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Karmaah
User

Postby Karmaah » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:23 pm

Tyde: Yeah the swap from characters was ALWAYS with good reason. I am an extremely loyal player and do what I can to contribute to my guilds. My hunter was my first main from Vanilla, BC I swapped to lock because we needed more of them for progression as they were completely OP, shadowbolt spam ftw. And then rogue was because my guild had literally 0 melee, on top of the fact that we were having alot of raider turnover from RL issues, burnout, and I had a geared rogue I took to our alt runs and I didn't trust some random rogue try to join the guild just to get orange weapons, and then peace out. And yes I absolutely plan on playing monk 100% no matter what. I have been in Beta since the first wave, and have been playing my monk endlessly and leveling multiple of them, and I absolutely love the fact that have such great utility for raids. Such as Meditation etc..

Ninetales: The raider was Enjin, he wasn't really a friend, more of someone I raided with and used to pvp a little with when I was in GC with him. He said that this guild had a great atmosphere to me so I thought I'd give you guys a look.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:42 pm

hehehehe

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:53 am

which beta server are you on?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Karmaah
User

Postby Karmaah » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:12 am

I am on the Gilneas beta server.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:53 am

Karmaah wrote:I am on the Gilneas beta server.

aw - we're on lost isles.
if you never tasted joy

Karmaah
User

Postby Karmaah » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:28 am

That's not a big problem, I wouldn't mind leveling another Monk on there considering that the more times I level the more I can find the quickest leveling route etc.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:13 am

Karmaah wrote:- Can you describe the ruckus? [color=#FF0000]Watch your tongue young man! Watch it!

you win the prize!

Karmaah wrote:I do not enjoy the raid atmosphere.

our environment isn't what you described but there is plenty of shit given and taken. we expect everyone be able to deal with and participate in trolling, adult humor, and criticism of their performance. this is all done with the best intentions and if it's ever a problem then they will be told to stop.

Karmaah wrote:- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://tinypic.com/r/14bqhwl/5

at minimum we require people use a threat meter and boss mod of their choosing but i do think that you could benefit from a mod to organize your buffs and non-blizzard raid frames. needtoknow and fortexorcist may be useful as well. not requirements by any means, just a suggestion :]

Karmaah wrote:I have an Imac 2.66 GHz Intel core i5.

yes! hired on the grounds of being a mac user :]

regarding beta - we've done some dungeons on the beta servers but that doesn't really mean anything right now. the goal is to work on raid bosses when level 90 is uncapped and the bosses are available. how do you feel about the current state of monk as well as what still needs to be fixed/buffed/etc?
if you never tasted joy

Karmaah
User

Postby Karmaah » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:39 am

You know, to be completely honest I think ALOT of work still needs to be done on Monks. They have the basic tools, and ideas of where they want to take the class it's just that they don't know how to get there. For example, for Windwalkers, the rotation has changed twice already since I was in beta, at first it was Jabbing for Chi, using Tiger Palm above 50%, Using Blackout Kick below, and using mastery procs off CD, as well as Rising Sun Kick when you could and keeping the Tiger statue down. Now that rotation is completely useless considering the damage on Blackout kick is not as comparable as it used to be. I think they need to iron out a more solid rotation with possibly keeping track of a buff, or something along the lines of a more obvious and coherent rotation.
As for Mistweavers, there is an extreme issue of mana, and there not being a lot of flow with heals considering the transferring of Mana to Chi, Chi to Heals, and back to Mana. I know they are taking that Tea out which won't convert mana to chi, so it shows me they are slowing figuring out what works and what doesn't. Although I will say that as it is, I can tell Mistweavers are going to be an amazing asset to raid considering their healing coverage through Renewing Mists and Uplift.

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:20 pm

I will be 100% genuinely surprised if Uplift goes in as is.

Karmaah
User

Postby Karmaah » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:03 pm

You never know considering, that without it renewing mists would be extremely hard to keep up to have coverage for the raid, and be an effective and useful heal at the same time though. Then again it still is pretty early in the beta and it's very possible that it would be totally reworked, blizzard is sneaky like that.

Mist
User

Postby Mist » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:07 pm

The prospect of Uplift rolling 25 RM's for entire fights is what bothers me. It's too effective.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:38 pm

officers will have a chance to discuss this over the next few days - sorry, weekends are a bit slow right now during farm content :]
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”