- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Y
-- Tuesday: Y
-- Wednesday: Y
-- Thursday: Y
-- Friday (optional): Y
-- Saturday (optional): Y
-- Sunday: Y
- Do any others have access to your account?
Not at all, I wouldn't risk it.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why?
Yes I do.
- How long have you played WoW:
7 1/2 years give or take. (Since the family and friends alpha)
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
6/8H t13
4/7H t12
12/12N t11
All other bosses in previous expansion packs killed in both heroic & 40 man raids Including Yogg +1
& Realm first Kel'thuzad.
I used to hardcore progression raid in the earlier expansions of this game but due to having a bad run with
some family issues leading to other things in my life i decided to quit / come back and go casual for cataclysm.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Brotatoe - Ilvl 399 Survival Hunter
- Race & why did you choose it: Orc because spreadsheets showed a 95.73dps increase over troll on most fights. Also faction changed so i decided I would start with what showed to be the best.

- Link to Battle.net Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... e/advanced

- Can you describe the ruckus?
I swear I was in the bathroom and i heard a ruckus!

- Professions and why did you choose them:
I went engineering due to the situational yet sometimes poor advantage of rocket boots,
and the 480 agility boost to my gloves for burst fights. Mainly because I couldn't afford JC.
Also went enchanting due to at the time Blacksmithing was rumored to not be the greatest up until +50 gems
Combined with jewelcrafting.
Completely willing to switch to the two professions should the need arise/be asked to.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
I'm an extraordinary player in Beast Mastery but in that expansion that is almost like saying I'm amazing at making Pizza Pockets. I'm semi proficient in Marksmanship but willing to improve should the need arise in MoP.
Adept at survival, have a guide on my sponsors site about it. & know the ins and outs quite well of the shot priority system and spec.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
I keep pretty much the same gear set when switching specs, the only switch I have made so far was back to BM for the burst on Spine but I'm starting to consider staying survival. With terrible luck in our raids we have been dry of prot tokens for a few weeks so I haven't been able to replace my legs yet, but do the best at getting my haste down for survival nearest the optimum 1.1k haste rating needed. For marksmanship I've yet to find a steady haste/crit point I'd like to reach. Still working on it. Beast Mastery is pretty straightforward spec with the exception now of avoiding as much haste as possible and going all mastery where you can. So i keep the same reforges as survival.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Survival : Explosive - Kill shot - Serpent Sting - Arcane Shot ( I swap the kill shot and serpent sting on fights with plenty of aoe or multidotting capabilities such as; Warmaster, Yor'sahj, Hagara & Spine. Still testing on Madness. )
Marks : Steady - Kill Shot - Rapid Fire ( Arcane shot was thought to be viable in t12 but these are the 3 proven to be best. Chimaera shot was also decent but it's better for the rotation due to being able to properly play the rotation properly in between each chimaera. )
BM : Kill Command - Kill shot - Bestial Wrath ( Arcane shot Can also be used in place of Kill shot due to the heavy spam of it during the fight. It IS only 3 ish buttons after all. )

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Hunter's don't use much of a rotation these days in Cata, more of a shot priority system but my normal opener will be ; Prepot + pet switch > Serpent > Black arrow > Expl > 2-3 Cobra (depending on hero) > 1 arcane > Explosive.

After that the priority runs : Kill Shot > Explosive > Black Arrow > Arcane > Cobra

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
1400 rating. No rankings

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Final Union - Vanilla/TBC/Wrath > Quit for 2 months for the reason posted above in my progression question, and during that time my main account got hacked.
Sundered - T11 > Guild dispute between officers and GM left me feeling unsure about the trustworthiness.
The Brethren - T12 > The core raiders + 30 other people split for no apparent reason. I took one of the 6 raiding teams and formed a guild.
Google Me - T12/T13 > GM & I co founded, left after the GM screwed me on a business venture.
Hysteria - T13 > Terrible players.
Real Talk - T13(present) > not really looking to leave but at the moment they have no plans on going with a more progression oriented focus towards MoP.

Other Information:
I guild led and Raid led for Vanilla and passed leadership off in TBC - Wrath.
I'm a constantly improving player, recently was asked to apply to Blood Legion and was denied,
after that I have been focused on improving no matter what cost and being a hardcore raider again.

- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
http://i.imgur.com/3Dl88.jpg

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bp4lk ... 79&e=10234
Guild's been having some tough nights, my awareness has been down. Willing to show any other logs from nexts weeks raid / go into an LFR with you.

- Alts & their name/level:
Protatoe - 85 Troll hunter

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
http://www.twitch.tv/brotatoe is the best place to find me.
[email protected] (real id but its probably full ) feel free to email as well.
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
Incin watches my stream and is a pretty chill guy.
Sinnermighty recommended me to you though.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
I'm mainly looking for a progression oriented guild that can keep a mature yet friendly and enjoyable environment. While I know full hand it isn't always enjoyable progression raiding, nor meant to be. It's nice to have a decent atmosphere when not raiding. At this point I'm just looking for a guild that is interested in someone constantly evolving as a player and constantly improving.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Alienware Aurora R-3
Intel Core I-72600 @3.40 GHZ
8GB Ram. Upgrading to 16 soon.
Dual SLI bridged Nvidia GEforce GTS 450's
Typical FPS on 20% kill phase of ultra is 45.
The rest of the raid it's usually at about 60-70

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1838705021.png
I normally have about 90 down, I'm streaming at the moment however.
Also I figured it would be best to post one while streaming as I stream my raids. So this is the kind of connection I would get.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
http://i.imgur.com/K4jO0.png
took the first picture in my downloads folder and recreated it. It's beautiful in my opinion.

Thank you in advance for taking time to look at my application. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Minty
User

Re: Brotatoe-Survival/Marks Hunter

Postby Minty » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:00 pm

brotatoe wrote:Player information
- Age & Location: 18 living in Ontario, Canada

Other Information:
I guild led and Raid led for Vanilla and passed leadership off in TBC - Wrath.
I'm a constantly improving player, recently was asked to apply to Blood Legion and was denied,
after that I have been focused on improving no matter what cost and being a hardcore raider again.

So you raid lead when you were 11 or 12?
I used to hardcore progression raid in the earlier expansions of this game but due to having a bad run with
some family issues leading to other things in my life i decided to quit / come back and go casual for cataclysm.

So when did you take the break? Because you say
Final Union - Vanilla/TBC/Wrath > Quit for 2 months for the reason posted above in my progression question, and during that time my main account got hacked.

I would just like clarification. In that you say you were hacked, did you get that character back, is this that character, if it's not your character can you link it, if this is a new account, then why haven't you gone to get back your old account?

All other bosses in previous expansion packs killed in both heroic & 40 man raids Including Yogg +1
& Realm first Kel'thuzad.

Can you tell me your favorite and least favorite fights from Vanilla/BC were and why?
Last edited by Minty on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"For sale: one fedora, never tipped."

Incin
User

Postby Incin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:30 pm

Have ran some lfrs and he proved to not be retarded and did pretty good dps. Obviously it's LFR but he's always doing them to improve and since we need a hunter figured it would be a good fit. Good luck tho.

brotatoe
User

Postby brotatoe » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:37 pm

I raid lead when I was 13
My uncle was GM in Final Union on Zul'jin and let me lead while I was on break, I wasn't " Technically " leading as his 3 officers did most of the talking etc etc but I just reviewed strats with them. he later transferred and I took over. It was a shared process of the leading roles, obviously being prepubescent i didnt talk much and just let them do most of the in raid work.

I quit right after Ulduar, roughly in the summer of, probably around the end of august / early september.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... asyblazed/ was my deathknight i was tanking with.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... anquished/ My rogue from vanilla and tbc.
I was hacked and during the period I was playing starcraft 2. When I came back in cata and realized my account was hacked I contacted blizzard via phone and they gave me the Battle.net account back, but refused to unlock my world of warcraft account. I've contacted them 3 times since and they still will not.

my favorite fight in Bc would have to probably be opera. Such a fun fight and was always looking forward to doing it even when we were done in progression with it.

I'm also curious and hope I don't come off too blunt or step on any toes but what about my current character?
I understand it might sound far fetched. I've been called out on stream for it before so I can understand the reasoning, just curious though.

brotatoe
User

Postby brotatoe » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:48 pm

While he was on break **

Minty
User

Postby Minty » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:14 am

brotatoe wrote:I raid lead when I was 13

I quit right after Ulduar, roughly in the summer of, probably around the end of august / early september.

So you started back up in Cata? Because that would be longer then 2 months. It was over a year.

I'm also curious and hope I don't come off too blunt or step on any toes but what about my current character?
I understand it might sound far fetched. I've been called out on stream for it before so I can understand the reasoning, just curious though.

I'm not our resident hunter so I don't feel qualified to ask you hunter questions. But I'm just trying to find out more about your WoW history, because it comes off very murky and muddled.

"For sale: one fedora, never tipped."

brotatoe
User

Postby brotatoe » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:20 am

Perfectly understandable as to why you'd ask. Like I said I have dealt with being called out before.

Also I had a good friend that I would hangout with that still played, He's actually the one that got me into playing again. I "left" for 2 or so months and when we hungout I would play on a character or two of his. If you'd like to get technical then yes I didn't come back until after 1 week cata released.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:25 am

You seem a bit young for our atmosphere, there's always concerns there. What are your life situations, where do yourself a year from now? Who supports you, pays for your game, internet, food etc.?
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

brotatoe
User

Postby brotatoe » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:32 am

I'm a sponsored gamer by l2ptv.com and I support myself from livestreaming and making educational guides for my sponsor / work. I'll still be playing this game come a year from now and am looking forward to all the new changes. Believe me when I say I've been in almost every environment, I'm actually looking for a more mature environment and would love an atmosphere that you seem to be describing haha.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:40 am

Your logs are kind of hard to gauge your dps compared to our current hunters, the gap in gear and lack of comparable fights that I would like to see(Madness, warmaster, spine) kind of throws us in a unique situation. We've definitely recruited players with lesser gear and experience of current content to give them the opportunity to prove themselves in our guild.

Ideally we're looking for a committed raider who will keep up with our current hunter goratha, you can view his logs on our forums in the logs links. Your dps on ultraxion is very average, but for your gear its expected. It seems like you fair well in your guild other than a few stupid deaths.

Do you feel like you lose focus at all being in a guild with a different progression 'focus' than yourself? What's your experience with the other hunter specs? I can't comment on your uptimes but what do you use to theory craft your spec and rotation?

All in all, I think it was a good app. I think being a sponsored streamer is a plus in my book, Looking forward to your answers.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

brotatoe
User

Postby brotatoe » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:04 am

I can understand the lack of gear yeah, although I try my hardest to pull my optimal dps. I can also understand the logs too, like I said we had a terrible night the other night on warmaster. As attempts went on I just found myself getting shittier and shitter.

I looked at Goratha's logs just now and their armory earlier, seems you have a great hunter in the guild already. I'd love the challenge of trying to keep up with them. I believe I'm pulling only 100-200 under my proposed dps on femaledwarf.com on ultraxion which I find to be pretty good. Always could improve though.

I feel as if I'm somewhat slacking because I know we're in no rush to down anything, just to kill it. (if that makes sense) I try to play at my full potential but I feel being in a more hardcore / progression oriented guild would motivate me a lot more. My uptimes could most likely be better on warmaster, that fight is probably one of my biggest kryptonites. As far as simcrafting / theorycrafting goes. I use femaledwarf for my simcrafting and frequently check noxxic.com / EJ (although EJ is somewhat dead lately MMO-champion has been a bit better) for theorycrafting we have another great hunter in our guild that sadly might quit when MoP comes, him and i bounce things off each other all the time during raids and in mumble. If I'm not talking to him I'm usually talking to a shit load of 8/8hc hunters in my chat about things and they are always looking to help me improve.

Thanks very much, I'm glad to hear you are at least somewhat interested.

Goratha
User

Postby Goratha » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:07 am

It looks like you know what you are doing to me, and its hard to judge anything from the logs. So you get a thumbs up from me.

brotatoe
User

Postby brotatoe » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:12 am

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
I'm an extraordinary player in Beast Mastery but in that expansion that is almost like saying I'm amazing at making Pizza Pockets. I'm semi proficient in Marksmanship but willing to improve should the need arise in MoP.
Adept at survival, have a guide on my sponsors site about it. & know the ins and outs quite well of the shot priority system and spec.

To go into detail, I actually switched from marksmanship in t12 to BM and went up against a lot of good MM hunters and still pulled my weight against them if not broke higher numbers than them. I could improve in Marks I will say, but BM and Survival I have pretty much locked down. Sorry to miss your question. :)

Rude
User

Postby Rude » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:05 am

Hi. Just a few questions regarding your streams. What impact has streaming had on your guilds in the past, and what kind of things can we expect from someone in the guild streaming on the same level as you? How much exposure does your stream get? Will everything in Mumble be heard during our raids?
[12:18] [G] [Carbonlight]: is a fleshlight the "plug" or the "socket"?

brotatoe
User

Postby brotatoe » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:19 pm

No impact at all, in the past it distracted me slightly trying to read chat and raid as I'm a very interactive streamer but that was only on easier fights. On fights now I turn my chat off or switch to a blank page so I'm fully focused and
paying attention to the game at all times. As far as impacting the guild, nothing has ever come of it and most likely never will. If anything it actually has gotten a shit load of recruits for the current guild I'm in and given them a bit of a boost. I'm confused by your second question so I honestly don't know how to answer it, are you asking what you can expect from me in the guild while streaming? or somebody else streaming in the guild.
my stream has 3000 followers and i usually hover around 150-300 views at any given time, so there is a bit of exposure, its featured on many sites and is pretty well known. I'm not a celebrity or anything I just have a lot of dedicated viewers.
Mumble is heard yes, I have heard I can turn it so that they cannot hear mumble but to be honest I have absolutely no way of finding out how, If absolutely needed I guess I could try, but it would be difficult. I would advise somewhat against it unless you guys are very private, everyone likes hearing mumble. It's unusual for people to "shit talk" or down on the people they hear in mumble, it's really no different from your warlock streaming your raids unless he has found a way to turn it off, I just might get a lot more views than them.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”