Baddies
Valkk
User

Valkk - Prot/Arms Warrior

Postby Valkk » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:57 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 18, Pennsylvania
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): 4:30pm-2am
- Number of Testicles: Two on a good day.
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Yes, with prior notice
-- Saturday (optional): see above ^
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account?
No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why?
Yes I do!
- How long have you played WoW:
Six years on multiple characters, on and off while playing Everquest.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
In t11, I cleared 4/12 heroic (wiped to maloriak at <800k because healers played on dial up). In Firelands, I cleared 6/7 post nerf, and did heroic rag not long ago. In DS so far, I have cleared 3/8 heroic.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:
Valkk, Warrior
- Race & why did you choose it:
I played a human alliance side, for pvp reasons. I was never in a serious guild that gave me the urge to race change to night elf. For horde, I would be tauren for tanking progression, or orc for dps progression. My request to be a blood elf has been denied. :(
- Link to Battle.net Armory:
Armory link
Arms gear
Can you describe the ruckus?
The ruckus never goes away. :(

- Professions and why did you choose them:
I took leatherworking and alchemy. Leatherworking provides the best wrist enchant in the game for tanks. I picked alchemy for mixology, the buffs to different flasks and potions make it great for tanking.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
I have played all three specs extensively in raids. I am well versed in tanking as its been my main spec on this toon since day one, and I have played arms since t11 when it was ridiculously broken.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
For prot, my priorities in gear is survivability. When I look at gear, I try to prioritize mastery, then dodge and parry for obvious reasons, as mastery is still the king stat as it provides two incredible stats. For gemming, my current situation I am gemming stamina because I have gotten royally shit on for trinkets. Once I get both stamina trinkets from DS, I will switch all of my gems over to mastery. The reasoning for gemming stamina is because if I were to gem mastery right now, I would not have the health for tanking hard modes. The set bonuses on t13 are quite ridiculous so getting 4pc is pretty vital right now.

For weapons and trinkets, I use souldrinker currently because I have not seen heroic hand of morchok out of all of our kills. My trinkets are the spine dodge trinket and valor point trinket. I have soulshifter vortex, but don’t have enough gear to compensate for the roughly 2% evasion I lose, and I fall below CTC cap. Once I get a few upgrades I will switch to soulshifter, and when I get indomitable pride I plan to completely regem all of my gear to mastery.

For arms/dps, it is pretty straight forward. I get hit/exp cap from gear/reforging as first priority. After that, getting crit is my secondary stat priority, then mastery. If I were to switch to fury, I would reforge all my mastery -> hit. For enchants and gems, getting strength is #1 priority, 50 str to gloves, 40/50 str gems in all sockets, etc. I would be using t13 4pc if I could get it, but right now I am stuck with heroic t12 2pc and t13 2pc.

Regarding weapons and trinkets, I am using Gurthalak, as I have not seen a heroic specimen slicer ( I passed on both because I never played a dps spec in 10man). I would have to experiment even though gurth is l0lrng. For trinkets, I am using bone link and Eye of unmaking, I would replace bone link with crèche from ultraxion if one ever dropped.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Prot:
Prime: Shield slam, revenge, devastate. These are the only three glyphs available to tanking.
Main: Shockwave, cleaving, thunder clap. These are also very standard for tanking. If I was using a single target only spec, I would switch in victory rush instead of cleave.
Minor: zerker rage, battle/commanding shout, demo shout. Not much variation for prot.

Arms:
Prime: Mortal Strike, Slam, Overpower. These are the three obvious choices. The only one I would switch is slam for bladestorm on Yorsahj.
Main: Cleave, Thunder clap, Sweeping strikes. These are also very standard, there is not much variation except for colossal smash if you need sunder for some reason.
Minor: Zerker rage, battle shout, demo shout. Again, there isn’t much variation for these glyphs.

Fury:
Prime: Bloodthirst, Raging blow, Slam.
Main: Death wish, Cleaving, Colossal smash. If colossal smash wasn’t needed, I would probably use glyph of shield wall incase things got hairy, 60% dmg reduction would be able to keep me alive for a few seconds till tanks got rezzed or the boss dies.
Minor: Battle shout, Zerker rage, Bloody Healing. The only three glyphs you could use really.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
For arms, instead of a rotation, I use a priority system of MS>CS>OP>Slam, with fitting in heroic strikes when going above 60 rage. Stance dancing is also a slight damage boost in between overpowers for the extra 5% dmg boost on MS, CS, and slam.

For cool downs, it differs on each event but generally using deadly calm off CD is generally the best use for it, except on fights that require timed burst (spine, hagara for example). Recklessness is the only other CD you have, but the only time you use recklessness is with heroism, which is the key burn phase, or when you know you will have enough time for it to refresh for lust/time warp.

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
I have 2200 in rated battlegrounds and 2k in 3s. I don’t have any vanilla titles on my warrior.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Whiteout/Advantage: I played with these guys before I transferred to Mug’thol in ICC, and they were fun to raid with, even though they weren’t the best. My expectations were obviously too high for them as half their raids were jokes with people who weren’t even prepared for cataclysm heroics.

Serenity: I was in Serenity for the longest time in their main 10m group. I ended up leaving the guild because the guild leader’s girlfriend is bat shit crazy, and I was tired of taking unnecessary shit from a drooling retard, who was 90% of the reason why we didn’t raid every week. She tweaked out on me and personally attacked me for no reason after trying to remedy the situation, so I bailed.

ATP: I joined ATP after serenity when I asked a few people to come back to raid. Mal let us use ATP since it was already level 11. I ended up convincing people to come back and raid. It was fun even though we were casual and we progressed at a steady pace. People quickly lost interest and the same few people had sketchy attendance. We finally took a vote and came to the conclusion that 5-6 of our players didn’t care to raid anymore, so we just called off raiding altogether. I left ATP because I play this game mainly to raid. While I like to pvp, the most fun comes from raiding.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
Link

Some clarifications, the spark power aura on the far left is mirror, I am gunna add my VP trinket tomorrow morning. Others are self explanatory, except for the red skull in the middle is battle trance procs.

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
Yorsahj 10m heroic:
Link

Ultraxion 10m heroic:
Link

- Alts & their name/level:
Terminat, 85 druid on alliance
Valkkx, 85 Shaman on Alliance
Skribbles, 85 rogue on Horde
Kapooky, 62 mage on horde

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
I can give my skype and cell number out if people need to contact me.

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
I’ve known about Simple Math since I made my shaman on this server in BC. I know Kody and Amyse. I used to talk to Euphoric when he leveled on alliance, even though he hates me :3

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
I am tired of joining guilds where people don’t push themselves to be the best that they can be. Every guild on alliance has players who are okay with being the second best or are okay with repeatedly fucking up on stupid mechanics(l0l sulfuras smash). Cataclysm is the first expansion I have started to raid on a serious level since Everquest died and I can spend all my time on this game. I want to be surrounded by likeminded individuals who are willing to put in 110% to raiding. I constantly strive to improve in every aspect of the warrior class and am willing to do anything to progress in raids or improve my character. Alliance has just not offered me the opportunity to be in a guild with people like this.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
My current pc is a microwave held together by silly string which is powered by a seven year old hamster with heart problems, so it often hiccups. I am getting a new pc within the next week with the current specs:

4gb of ram
500gb hard drive on raid 0
EVGA GTX 460
Core 2 Quad extreme processor

(just an fyi, I may not have my pc by tuesday this week, but I will have it by the following raid reset at the latest. I would just like to throw this up incase its like, transfer WOOPS SORRY CANT RAID LOL <10 FPS 25M).

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at
speedtest.net Link the results below.

Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

Demise
User

Re: Valkk - Prot/Arms Warrior

Postby Demise » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:29 am

What would you do with the current 6 free days a week?

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:46 am

No blood elfs
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Minty
User

Postby Minty » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:42 am

Are you a juggalo?

"For sale: one fedora, never tipped."

Valkk
User

Postby Valkk » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:53 am

Are you a juggalo?

No I don't drink Faygo. Why do you ask?

What would you do with the current 6 free days a week?

I play dota 2 beta, league of legends, and pvp to entertain myself outside of raiding and class.

Demise
User

Postby Demise » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:08 am

if you aren't a juggalo, how do you know about faygo......

we troll a juggalo website nightly.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:30 am

Hi Valkk I like your paint. And don't worry you can join as orc then randomly change to blood elf. No one will notice I promise.

Isen
User

Postby Isen » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:41 am

Give me your fire chicken

Velathiana
User

Postby Velathiana » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:52 am

Minty wrote:Are you a juggalo?

WHOOP WHOOP.

Srsface though, I really like that MS Paint.

"It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die."

Tyde
User

Postby Tyde » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:14 pm

Isen wrote:Give me your fire chicken

fire chicken? moar friendz?

Zerizzi
User

Postby Zerizzi » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Dota 2, LoL, and a cubone picture? Yes.

mouthwash
User

Postby mouthwash » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:53 pm

I liked your answer about gemming Stam instead of mastery and was talking about it the other day, being more specific at which up value do you believe the point to be at whih you would gem mastery over Stam?

Also going along the dps line, on some fights in ds it is better to play fury rather than arms( spine and madness); how comfortable are you with Playing fury if need be on these fights?

Thanks for you app, it was well written and answers the main points very well and I look forward to your responses

Valkk
User

Postby Valkk » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:04 pm

at which up value do you believe the point to be at whih you would gem mastery over Stam?

To make it short, when I can safely wear both stamina trinkets from DS and still be ctc capped, is the point I will switch over from stam gems to mastery gems.

My reasoning behind this is because without both stam trinkets, I feel like I dont have the health pool to withstand bosses on hard modes. Also, in 397 gear, the evasion trinkets (fires of the deep, resolve of undying) were much more comparable to 397 soulshifter and vortex. As you get heroic gear etc, it becomes easier to gem mastery, and the 410 versions of indomitable pride and soulshifter make stacking mastery gems more beneficial than stam. If you stack straight stamina in 410 gear, you have roughly 4% more evasion, but less crit block. If you matched socket bonuses, you are getting more block/evasion, but you are even losing more health. In 410 gear with Mastery gems, you have more health, more crit block, at the cost of 4% dodge. Mastery is more beneficial over evasion after ctc cap in my opinion, even though crit block is a 2 roll system, mastery doesn't suffer from DR.

For me, if I replaced my awful FL helm with warmaster helm, and got a 2nd stam trinket, this would be when I switched my gems from stam->mastery. The helm would allow me to wear porkchop shoulders and I would be able to sit at ctc cap, while wearing both stam trinkets. I would overall be more durable and well suited for hard modes after this switch.

Also going along the dps line, on some fights in ds it is better to play fury rather than arms( spine and madness); how comfortable are you with Playing fury if need be on these fights?

I have played fury quite a bit, in every tier and am pretty comfortable playing fury. I am no where near as experienced in fury as I am with arms, but I am willing to pick up the spec and practice more on a test dummy to get more knowledge on the spec

Minty
User

Postby Minty » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:47 pm

KILLED ME IN TB. DENIED!!!

"For sale: one fedora, never tipped."

Tyde
User

Postby Tyde » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:27 am

Minty wrote:KILLED ME IN TB. DENIED!!!

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”