-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): If needed
-- Saturday (optional): If needed
-- Sunday: Yes

- Do any others have access to your account? No

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes

- How long have you played WoW: 2 and a half years

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): In WoTLK I killed all the end bosses. In cata, I have only downed cho' gall because my current guild is not progressing very well right now.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Dundun-Druid

- Race & why did you choose it: Troll because of the beserking racial.

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... dun/simple

- Can you describe the ruckus? OOO.

- Professions and why did you choose them: Inscription for the increased shoulder enchant and also to make my own glyphs. Lw too get the bracer enchant which currently is the best enchant.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? My offspec is resto and I play resto whenever anyone needs me too.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: For boomkin I go for as much int/sp as possible and then go for hit cap then after that I go for haste>crit>mastery. Also with the new spirt talents I will get as much spirt as I need. For resto I gem int and haste because those are the top stats for it.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: For boomkin Prime glyphs I use: Glyph of Moonfire for the increased dot damage since it is a big amount of damage, Glyph of Insect swarm for more dot damage, Glyph of Starsurge to reduce the Cd on my Starfall since I get a lot of starsurge procs. The major glyphs I use are glyph of innervate because in this xpac I run out of mana if I don’t use innervate. Glyph of star fall because that’s the only major glyph that will increase my damage. Glyph of Rebirth so if I brez they come up at full hp. My minor glyphs are glyph of unburdened rebirth, glyph of dash, and depending on the fight glyph of typhoon.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? I start off with treants on CD, then IS, MF, then starsurge, then wrath/starfire depending on if I am getting solar/lunar power. When I reach an eclipse I refresh dots and cast wrath/starfire, after that rinse and repeat. I will use starfall and starsurge off Cd during my rotations as well.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Haven't been too serious about pvp but have reached 2k.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Accelerate: I left Accelerate because the guild just fell apart and everyone left and I wanted to raid.
Endeavour: I joined Endeavour to play with some friends and to continue raiding. I was with endeavour for a couple of months then I wanted higher progression when Endeavour got stuck on bosses.
Void: I was in Void on Mug'thol for a month about then 2 months before cata came out I decided to take a break and come back when cata came out. Since I took a break they found a replacement.
Endeavour: I came back to Endeavour a couple weeks a go to do some raiding but it seems like progression isn't going to be that far.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/379/wowscrnshot010811014834.jpg

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/17133/ Also the healers aren't the best so some of those fights I died on. Also Endeavour strats aren’t the greatest.

- Alts & their name/level: Dunstun 85 rogue, Dunsmurfedit 85 warrior

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected]

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I have been on the server for the whole time I have been playing and I don't know anyone in Simple Math personally but I have talked to some of them asking for some help.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I want to be in this guild because I have always been around Simple Math and the progression is where I want to be playing at. Also I can bring a lot of experience to Simple Math. I know what its like in a top guild and I want to be there again. If I get more gear I know I will be doing a lot more dps since I’m still in a lot of heroic’s gear. I am a very good listener and give it my all when I raid.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? AMD Athlon II X4 Processor, 6gb of memory, Nvidia GeForce GT 420, I run about 30-40 fps during raids.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.http://www.speedtest.net/result/1102806650.png
My ping isn’t that high in game. It is about 100ms.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9962/shadowmourne.png

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:40 am

your weapon isn't enchanted :]

also i question your gemming. not only do you break socket bonuses for a hybrid gem, but you put a hybrid gem in a prismatic socket.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:22 am

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:24 am

grouch, jesus christ, he's gemming for the meta. have you seen your own chicken's gems?
also i like that you're not a cow. : x

Dundoon
User

Postby Dundoon » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:49 am

I enchanted my weapon so that's all good and that's where I need gems for my meta and top bonuses.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:23 am

yeah i knew you were gemming for your meta, i miscounted :3
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Pahimar
User

Postby Pahimar » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:02 pm

His gemming appears fine; he's going for the meta and the socket bonus for the shoulder is pretty bad anyways.
Enchants are good too now that he's got the weapon enchant.

Couple questions for you Dundun:
1) Why no tier pieces? I would have imagined you would have 1-2 piece already at least.
2) In movement heavy fights, what would your DPS rotation be? How about in AoE situations?
3) Would you ever switch out the GoStarsurge in favour of another glyph? Why or why not? When would you switch these glyphs?
4) Would you consider switching from Inscription to another profession (say Tailoring) which has a superior net bonus over Inscription?
5) I don't entirely agree with your talent spec. You mentioned that you run out of mana frequently if you do not use Innervate. I would look into putting 3/3 in Furor and you should not have as bad of mana issues. I personally run with a 32/3/7 talent spec and rarely have serious mana issues. PS - The bonus from the GoInnervate is only if you use it on another raider, which is very beneficial if you Innervate another healer (and amazing when you trade innervates with a resto druid).
6) Your parses (from what I've seen) look alright, and gear would definitely help you. Could you explain what you think Endeavour could be doing to better their raid strats, and also to better effectively utilize you as a moonkin?
7) You mentioned that you left Endeavour to try for higher progression, then once joining Void you took a break shortly after; could I ask why? Do you have anything coming up in the coming weeks/months that would prevent you from raiding consistently?
8) If you theorycraft at all, where do you go for information and to see what else you could be doing to improve yourself? Do you read any particular forums or blogs/websites on moonkins or regarding the current raiding tier?

Overall seems like a good app. I am looking forward to your responses to some of my questions and I might have more for you after that.
Tan wrote:I want to run my fingers through your hair.

no homo

Pahimar
User

Postby Pahimar » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:52 pm

Thought of another few

What raid addons do you use?
What druid addons do you use? Do you use any specifically for Moonkin?
Tan wrote:I want to run my fingers through your hair.

no homo

Dundoon
User

Postby Dundoon » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:46 pm

1) I have no tier pieces because I didn't come back until about 3 weeks a go but by tomorrow I will have my tier chest.
2)For movement heavy fights, I would get the most out of my Dots and lunar showers, if I have to move then I will get lunar showers to a 3 stack and spam while using IS and shooting stars procs. For AoE fights, I try and save starfall for the need point and also use typhoon at that time also. If the target is going to be up for awhile I will put dots up on it also.
3)I would switch out the starsurge glyph for the wrath glyph and I would do it if I need a lot of single target.
4)I could eventually but for right now I would like to keep inscrip.
5)After looking about what you said on the spec I changed it to add furor and moonglow.
6)Endeavour could use strats where they don't require the whole raid too move at the same time. Also getting better healers cause it seems like I die from not getting heals more then I should. They also should realize that I do a lot more dps standing still then moving.
7)I took a break because WoTLK was way to easy at the end and I just extremely bored with the game. This happened also because I knew I would come back for cata. In the future I won't leave since it's the beginning of an expansion and that was the first time I took a break from raiding.
8)I have always used spreadsheets for theorycrafting and I look at a lot of elitist jerks forums. If you have any better websites or blogs I would like to see what others think. Also I have used Rawr a lot.
9)For raiding I like to use omen/DBM/grid/quartz
10)Also for moonkin I like using Balance power bar and squawk and awe.

merk
User

Postby merk » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Particularly with the comment of being away for a bit I'm interested in the answer to #6. Your healers could very well be at fault; I've only skimmed the app. However its also quite possible that you are taking too much damage. That wasn't really something that happened in wrath where as long as you actually *survived* the damage taking your healers should have picked you back up. 'Standing in the fire' in cataclysm (to oh say ... raise dps) tends to have more delayed consequences. If I have more time I can take a look at the logs later to see if a determination can be made there.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Able to chat with us on vent tonight or tomorrow around 1130 or 12 est.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Raelorn
User

Postby Raelorn » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Dundoon
User

Postby Dundoon » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:21 pm

yeah I can come in vent tonight

Dundoon
User

Postby Dundoon » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:22 pm

yeah i apped to exodus a while back

Amye