Spiritualus - Shadow Priest xfer.

Baddies
spiritualus
User

Postby spiritualus » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:34 pm

malyse wrote:KK.... let me just stress that you need to use your fiend b/c if you did have Sin and Punishment and you weren't using him much, that's a huge loss. You can also regem your belt for 7 easy SP. That's a good bonus.

Holy shit that sketch of Ted Danson looks like Christopher Walken a bit and it's mindfucking me.

Judging by a quick look at your armory, you have ~10% more crit than I do. A lot of this is due to the fact that my DPS gear isn't at the same standard that my healing gear is- not having a phylactery really hurts in that regard. It should also be noted that you're not reforged for any mastery at the moment, which also increases the difference in our crit.

10% less crit means fewer critical MF ticks, which means a lower overall fiend uptime. If you look at the overall damage done parses, you'll see my fiend uptime is ~16.5% over all of the boss encounters combined. This is nearly identical to all of the other priests in my old guild, and only .7% behind Horrorhoof on your Nov 24 parse. Your fiend's active uptime on that same parse is 12.9%. Your fiend however did more damage which is a direct reflection of the superiority of the gear you DPS in.

Also, regemming the belt and the boots wouldn't make sense. I would need to use a blue/purple/green gem, which would require me to overcap hit, or gem stamina which is even sillier. 7 SP is indeed a nice socket bonus and generally worth considering, but a 20 int gem provides 20 SP, whereas gemming to get the bonus would net me an overall of 17 SP and some presently useless stats.

That would certainly be something I'd do however, if I was to drop one of the spirit pieces I am currently using as a holdover from my healing set.

malyse
User

Postby malyse » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:58 pm

Whoa tiger ;D I didn't see much of a sense in running comparisons since this is your first week DPS'ing and yeah, gear. I don't reforge Mastery, and Hoof does, so you might be better off comparing yourself to him if you're playing with our logs.

In particular, I think it was your Putricide/Blood Queen parses where it seemed a bit low, and I noted that in your Dreamwalker parse you didn't use your Fiend at all, which was notably odd to me. Especially since you didn't have that talent, I wanted to make sure you understood the value of your little guy.

Also, I would never suggest regemming your boots? But someone mentioned you were under hit cap and that was a pretty easy fix. I was just wondering why this one was the exception when it's an easy fix. That said, it seems you're no longer under hit cap so it's moot :)

[/list]

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:06 pm

spiritualus wrote:Also, regemming the belt and the boots wouldn't make sense. I would need to use a blue/purple/green gem, which would require me to overcap hit, or gem stamina which is even sillier. 7 SP is indeed a nice socket bonus and generally worth considering, but a 20 int gem provides 20 SP, whereas gemming to get the bonus would net me an overall of 17 SP and some presently useless stats.

if you put a 10 int 10 spirit gem in your belt you wouldn't be losing any spell power. you'd just lose the 10 haste from the orange gem but gain 7 intellect. if you're not going to gem for the bonus isn't it better to gem straight intellect instead of using oranges or purples? I'm not a shadow priest though so w/e

spiritualus
User

Postby spiritualus » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:19 pm

Amye wrote:
spiritualus wrote:Also, regemming the belt and the boots wouldn't make sense. I would need to use a blue/purple/green gem, which would require me to overcap hit, or gem stamina which is even sillier. 7 SP is indeed a nice socket bonus and generally worth considering, but a 20 int gem provides 20 SP, whereas gemming to get the bonus would net me an overall of 17 SP and some presently useless stats.

if you put a 10 int 10 spirit gem in your belt you wouldn't be losing any spell power. you'd just lose the 10 haste from the orange gem but gain 7 intellect. if you're not going to gem for the bonus isn't it better to gem straight intellect instead of using oranges or purples? I'm not a shadow priest though so w/e

Yeah, that was my mistake. I had straight int socketed in my belt for the longest time as disc, but felt I needed more haste so I put two reckless in my belt. I probably should have doublechecked exactly what I had gemmed in my belt before posting, but I'm not ingame and didn't pull up my own armory. Sorry for that.

Assuming better gear, gemming red when ignoring socket bonuses is generally a better choice, but at present I need haste, so I gemmed SP/Spi in one case where I could gain a +7 SP bonus, and decided to forgo both the pure SP gained by socketing red, as well as the bonus in the interest of upping my haste.

I hate to sound like I am making excuses for what may seem like subpar gemming, but while that one slot might not be min/maxxed perfectly in an ideal situation, my gear is not ideal and I am trying my best to maintain a healthy balance of stats relative to the rest of my gear.

Hope that makes some sense.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:24 pm

post cute bunny pictures and all is forgiven :)

spiritualus
User

Postby spiritualus » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Amye wrote:post cute bunny pictures and all is forgiven :)

Like this?

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:38 pm

accepted

Veloxic
User

Postby Veloxic » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:33 pm

low confidence factor on this guy

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”