Baddies
Nachthymnen
User

Nachthymnen - Restoration Druid

Postby Nachthymnen » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:55 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location:
21, Alabama
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Any time after 5:30 PM M-F, any time on weekends.
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday:
Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Friday (optional): Not unless I know ahead of time that I'll need to be on
-- Saturday (optional): Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? Only me
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? I do
- How long have you played WoW: Started playing in June '05, but didn't start seriously playing until mid-way through TBC
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

Alone in the Darkness 25 + Algalon 25
5/5 ToGC 25, 5/5 ToGC 10 w/49 attempt Mad Skill
11/12 Heroic ICC 25, Bane of the Fallen King (on my Holy Paladin, Lykathea)
Halion 25 normal, Halion 10 heroic

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:
Nachthymnen, Druid
- Race & why did you choose it: Tauren, only race available for Horde Druids
- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... achthymnen
- Can you describe the ruckus? I have a low tolerance to dehydration.
- Professions and why did you choose them: Jewelcrafting and Inscription. I chose both specifically for their raiding benefits, but JC over the rest for its gold making potential
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Main: Restoration, Off: Feral DPS. I rarely play anything but Resto in a 25 man raid setting.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:

Restoration: All gear I'm interested will naturally have Stamina, Intellect, and Spell Power, so those are a given. The remaining healing stats are crit, MP5, Spirit, and haste. Of these, I favor haste over all else. It provides roughly equivalent raw throughput as spellpower but also has the benefit of not directly contributing to overhealing and increasing the precision of any reactive heals. I still keep in mind the limit on haste; raid buffed, after 856 rating, it devalues considerably because the global cooldown is as short as it gets (1 second). After haste I look for Spirit. Mana is almost never an issue, so something that provides a marginal amount of throughput (Spirit) is preferable to something that doesn't (MP5). Crit is at the bottom of the list as very little of what I do can actually crit, and crits are very unreliable.

Feral: I hate to admit it, but my Feral gear is pretty much "Whatever I could get". I haven't spent too much time gearing it up as I rarely play the spec. This can change on a moment's notice, however.

- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why:

Restoration: My "standard" setup is Rejuvenation, Wild Growth, and Swiftmend. I do switch up from fight to fight, so I make sure to have all relevant glyphs on me at all times. These three work very well for aura fights when not coordinating Rapid Rejuvenation with a second tree (which we don't do in my current guild).

Kitty: Savage Roar, Shred, Rip. They model the highest DPS (I use Rawr to checK), and it is generally accepted that these are the best.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?

Rejuvenation: Our bread and butter spell. If I have nothing else to do, I'll almost always be filling global cooldowns with Rejuv on people I predict will need it the most. On aura fights, this uses >80% of my global cooldowns.

Wild Growth: A high mana, huge AoE returns spell. I use this on cooldown on aura fights and when a cluster of people need healing. Works well in situations like just as the green ooze reaches their target on Putricide and when people decide to eat ghosts on Lady Deathwhisper.

Regrowth: Useful when a HoT other than Rejuvenation is preferred on a target (tank(s), marks on Saurfang, Valithria). I also use it as a spot heal when the target can wait ~1.35 seconds to get a heal AND doesn't have one of my HoTs on them.

Nourish: A much quicker and more efficient spot heal than Regrowth if the target has a HoT. Used when the target either needs immediate healing (and I can't Swiftmend or NS+HT them at the moment) or has a HoT on them already.

Swiftmend: I use this on people that are particularly low on HP or need immediate heals. I tend to not bother saving its cooldown for emergencies as it is both very short and I have NS+HT as a fallback.

Healing Touch: Only used alongside Nature's Swiftness. Provides the most powerful burst of healing in the Resto Druid's arsenal. I save this for emergency situations. A notable exception is on Anub'Arak. Glyphed, Healing Touch provides a very quick but light heal, ideal for healing Penetrating Cold in Phase 3.

Lifebloom: Very situational. I use it only when healing tanks, Valithria Dreamwalker, and certain situations where a target needs steady heals immediately and a burst heal shortly. Two examples off the top of my head are people who get the Soul Consumption/Fiery Combustion on Halion heroic and people with Unchained Magic on Sindragosa.

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): I have never seriously PvPed

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

I'll start with the most recent

Warpath: My first step into higher end progression. Although I have really enjoyed my time in the guild, things simply aren't moving in the direction I'd like. Mediocre players are being invited and promoted to Member status left and right and there is a lack of progress-minded attitudes. Many members don't bother to min/max in the slightest. Recently, several key players and good friends in the guild have left and I've decided it is time for me to move on myself.

Ardent Abhorrence/Relapse: My first level cap guild. I was an officer from the earliest days of the guild to its death. We had to struggle with being behind two high end guilds on a very low population server and could rarely fill a competent 25 man raid. We did maintain a high rank on the server (just behind the two top guilds) in 10 man content. After several months of leadership turmoil, we decided it was time to part ways and disbanded the guild.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy19 ... 1284495023

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2sgdk4vz2871b0qj/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/1852/

- Alts & their name/level: Lykathea - Holy Paladin, 80
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected] I check this email multiple times a day.
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:

I searched WoWprogress for guilds that suited me and stumbled across Simple Math. I don't know anyone in guild.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?

After researching the guild a bit, it seems as though there isn't a better fit for me. A solid crew of laid back raiders that know when to be serious. Raid times are perfect for me, and I think I'd fit in well.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?

I'm definitely not the most knowledgable of people on computer hardware, so please let me know if you need more:
Intel Core i7 CPU/6134MB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250. Depending on the encounter, I'll run between 20 and 60 max settings fps in a 25 man raid.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below.

I'm using complementary cable internet provided by my apartment complex, so I'm not certain what the specs are. I have had no lag or disconnect issues.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy19 ... 1284496088
What an adorable bunny eating delicious nachos, m i rite?!?!

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:17 am

what are your healing responsibilities typically? On fights like HM LK 25 and H Halion 25, if you were assigned to "raid" healing, what other jobs would you give yourself on top of this assignment? Do you personally have issues with defile placement or cutter dodging? Have you messed around on the latest ptr build? Do you feel that playing an offspec more often is something you're interested in doing?

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:29 am

also curious about your thoughts on needing to cyclone targets on fights like deathwhisper and decurse. If you could get a screen shot with your keybindings shown I'd appreciate that also.

Nachthymnen
User

Postby Nachthymnen » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:45 am

Most generically put, my healing responsibilities tend to be that of a raid healer.

Assuming a Disc Priest shielding the raid, as a "raid healer" on H-LK, I keep Rejuvenation on anyone who I know won't be shielded for Infest in phases 1 and 2 so that they will both be topped off for Infest and I'll be able to hit them with a more powerful Nourish once Infest goes off. If anyone is tanking ghouls, I'll also put a Regrowth and possibly even Lifebloom (timing it to bloom for Infest) on them. After Infest goes off, my top priority is healing those people up. Any free global cooldowns I have I assist in tank healing. For the ledge phases, I focus on raid healing. I tend to use the 5 Rejuvenation to 1 Wild Growth rotation, using Swiftmend/Nourish/Regrowth as needed if anyone dips low. I don't have any experience with it in 25 man, but for phase three, I predict spot healing any incidental damage on the raid and primarily tank healing. In the Frostmourne room, I predict healing very similarly to how I do on the ledge phases.

For H-Halion 25, I would primarily focus on the raid. I still keep a close eye on the tanks in this fight (as well as keep Rejuvenation + Regrowth on them) as the tank damage is rough and there is a good bit of movement so tank healers can't always be spamming them. I also have no problem with dispelling Soul Consumption/Fiery Combustion.

I have no problems with Defile placement at all and aside from the first time or two seeing the fight and maybe one slip up, I don't have problems with cutters.

Every time I've checked the ptr, character copies have been down. After reading the question, I checked again and have started a copy.

I definitely wouldn't mind playing my offspec more, but I don't have a pressing desire to. I really enjoy healing and don't mind doing it week after week. It really just comes down to what is more convenient for the guild.

Both CC and decursing on Deathwhisper is very important. I'm one of the few people in Warpath that actually consistently decurses. Unfortunately, I don't do very well with Cycloning, but I wouldn't have a problem doing it more consistently if needed.

I can't log on to WoW right now, but I'll get you a screenshot of my keybinds before I go to bed tonight.

merk
User

Postby merk » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:05 pm

The wol expressions to get cyclones & decurses: Both can be more targeted; I tend to leave them unconstrained a bit to get context.

spell="Cyclone"
fulltype = SPELL_DISPEL (wol actually has the raw number on their summery page - this lets you know *what* they dispelled)

He has 0 cyclones.
He has 35 dispels. (good for anyone but a priest)

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:20 pm

able to get on vent and have a talk with us monday night around 11-1130 est?

Nachthymnen
User

Postby Nachthymnen » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:25 am

Sounds good. Should I just PM an officer for Vent info?

Also, a bit delayed, but here are the pics of my keybinds:

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy19 ... 1284877323
http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy19 ... 1284877302

I rarely use the heals/rezz's/dispels/innervate keybinds. Instead, I use Clique. They are mainly bound in case something goes wrong with my addons. Also, since it is important but not seen, Q is strafe left, W is move forward, E is strafe right, and one of the side buttons on my mouse is backpedal.

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:02 am

I'll pm you the info tomorrow.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”