Toorup - Enhancement Shaman

Baddies
Toorup
User

Toorup - Enhancement Shaman

Postby Toorup » Mon May 03, 2010 12:43 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: Im 20 years old and reside in Greensboro, NC.
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): I play throught the day. I am available for any raid time as long as im givin proper notification prior to said time ;]
- Number of Testicles: Haha 2.
- Can you attend raids on these days: I can attend raids on any day including optional or old raids people plan in spare time.
-- Monday: yes.
-- Tuesday: Yes.
-- Wednesday: Yes.
-- Thursday: Yes.
-- Friday (optional): Though i tend to take fridays off i CAN and will be available if the situation calls for it.
-- Saturday (optional): Yes.
-- Sunday: Yes.
- Do any others have access to your account? Noone else has access to this account besides myself.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes i just got one a few weeks ago after my friend had his account hacked.
- How long have you played WoW: Ide say almost 5 years now.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Ive killed all current bosses in progression raids other than hm lk in 10 and 25 man and hm sind in 10 man. As far as older content goes i never killed kj in sunwell due to taking a shiort break from wow.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Toorup - Enhancement Shaman.
- Race & why did you choose it: Orc. It gives an extra 5 expertise to anyone using axes/fists wich in most cases are viable options and in wotlk are currently out BIS. The abillity to gem/itemize without having to worry as much about expertise as its much easier to cap is an inreplaceable bonus you cant turn down. To kill ANY competition other classes may have had Blood Furry giving extra ap and more dmg from your wolves is just to good to pass up. Its all around bonuses for an enhance shaman.
- Link to Armory: Yes i am wearing an ele rep ring. My current guild makes me raid as ele aka why i want to xfer.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &cn=Toorup
- Can you describe the ruckus? A bit confused on this question but a ruckus is usually when something gets out of hand a bit.
- Professions and why did you choose them: I picked alchemy because at the time i was resto and i felt i got the biggest benefit from it now that i am enhance and have been for some time i swapped my inscrip to engineering as the haste to gloves being on a 1 min cd and being able to use every minute with shamanistic rage is a nice boost in damage and just outwieghs any other proffesion as far as my simulations show.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? My offspec is elemental. My current guild has me raiding as ele due to lack of range and my ability to play both specs. This is the largest reason i am looking to leave. I want to get back to what i am best at and love doing wich is enhance.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: For enhance i ran sims for hours on end trying to figure out just how i wanted to itemize my shaman, i also looked at what other people thought would produce the most dps in the end i decided to aim first for a hit rating of around 15% as it is by far one of our most important stats until spell capped and even after remains a substantial dps increase. I also aimed for 50% crit although this mark is not met as of the current moment it is atainable with a few upgrades. My haste is currently about 35% and is roughly what i want. This allows me to keep my weapon speed to a speed that will work well with the icd of wf, wich is a huge increase in damage being able to have both a high amount of haste and still not lose the corelation of haste and wep speed/ wf icd.
- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why: I use 2 different specs while enhance i carry both specs to EVERY raid. One is http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hVhuVbZhb ... uVo:Nkfzmo Wich is my main enhance spec. This spec and glyph setup allow for maximum single target dps and is the spec of choice for most fights in icc. This spec brings every available buff a enhance shaman can bring with little spent in mana conservation. The lack of mana conservation is due to sham rage being up by the time you drain your pool on single target dps if you really have trouble i advise and for fights such as valithria wich is primarily multi target and mana stressed going with
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hVhhqbZhb ... uVo:Nofzmo
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? As a enhance shaman i do not have a set rotation as much as a priority system. This priority system is a great way to choose what to do next but as with any class is not a 100% strat. Player intuition needs to be used to decide what ability will do you best in the long run wich means sometimes you do not follow the priority it is just a base to give you an idea of what would be a good choice.

MWS 5 stack Lightning Bolt 2) Flame Shock 3) Stormstrike if debuff not active 4) Lightning Shield if not active 5) Fire Elemental 6) Magma Totem if not active 7) Spirit Wolves 8) Shamanistic Rage 9) Earthshock 10) Stormstrike 11) Lava Lash 12) Fire Nova 13) Magma Totem 14) Lightning Shield.

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles) : I just started pvping on this toon but i have attained a 1950 rating in 3s as beast cleave (although this fell apart asoon after) so i am fooling around on a team that has been doing well the past 2 days ive been on it. I am looking to take pvp more seriously and would love to get a good 3s team going.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: I am in Iniquitous. I love the guild but i am being forced to raid as ele and i hate it. I dont even wana log on anymore (although i never miss a raid) due to knowing i wont be allowed to play enhance. I have no problem playing ele i just want my mainspec and the spec i play for most raids to be enhance as i enjoy it much more than any other spec.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports: These logs are all old both with inadequit gear compared to what i have now including only having a 5-10% buff and 264 weps. Sadly they are the only ones i can find of me as enhance as all my current ones are of me as ele.
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/de ... #damageout
- Alts & their name/level: I have no alts of note. My rogue belais. Lvl 80.
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): I dont use aim or msn My email is [email protected].
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I have kept up with thwe guild for some time as i have several high end guilds and with abhorrent leaving and me wanting to go back enhance found it an ample time to apply.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I am someone that wants to be the absolute best at what i do. I put alot of time and effort into being the best and i want to play with the best. I dont want just myself to succed but my guild as a whole and that is an attitude i think alot of people in simple math share and ide like to be a part of.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Dell Xps 630. I have 6 gigs of ram and and run a Intel core 2 duo 8400.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below. I have earthlink >.< but i do not and never have had connection issues.
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.I am not at all artisitic so here ya go ;] haha. Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Toorup
User

Re: Toorup - Enhancement Shaman

Postby Toorup » Mon May 03, 2010 2:45 am

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Ive killed all current bosses in progression raids other than hm lk in 10 and 25 man and hm sind in 10 man. As far as older content goes i never killed kj in sunwell due to taking a shiort break from wow.

I am sorry i didnt fully fill this out it was supposed to say All progression raids leading up to lk hm 10 and 25 other than hm proff (who i have alot of experience with) and hm sind (who i have very little exp with) in 25 man hardmodes. Sorry i missed this before.

Kylae
User

Postby Kylae » Mon May 03, 2010 8:53 am

Are you willing to do Earth, Wind and Fire?

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Mon May 03, 2010 10:31 am

Kylae wrote:Are you willing to do Earth, Wind and Fire?

please say no
"What are we talking about?!!?!.... BRB!!!!!" ~Russak

Veloxic
User

Postby Veloxic » Mon May 03, 2010 10:56 am

For clarification she's talking about this achievement. This is a crucial question for all enhance shaman applicants.

Kamby
User

Re: Toorup - Enhancement Shaman

Postby Kamby » Mon May 03, 2010 10:57 am

Toorup wrote:Yes i am wearing an ele rep ring. My current guild makes me raid as ele aka why i want to xfer.

If you don't like elemental, why is it your offspec? How are you at playing restoration?

Toorup wrote:- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs

Can you explain your gear and glyph choices for your offspec?

Toorup wrote:- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: I am in Iniquitous. I love the guild but i am being forced to raid as ele and i hate it. I dont even wana log on anymore (although i never miss a raid) due to knowing i wont be allowed to play enhance. I have no problem playing ele i just want my mainspec and the spec i play for most raids to be enhance as i enjoy it much more than any other spec.

What if the mainspec ele shaman (me) couldn't log on one night, and the buffs were needed? Would you be upset having to not raid as enhance one night?

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Mon May 03, 2010 11:13 am

Veloxic wrote:

For clarification she's talking about this achievement. This is a crucial question for all enhance shaman applicants.

its not ignore them :P
"What are we talking about?!!?!.... BRB!!!!!" ~Russak

Toorup
User

Postby Toorup » Mon May 03, 2010 1:33 pm

Yea ide like to get it.

If you don't like elemental, why is it your offspec? How are you at playing restoration?

I went elemental for the guild. We were far to heavy on mele and we needed solid ranged dps. We also lost our boomkin so we needed the buff.

Can you explain your gear and glyph choices for your offspec?

I currently have my ele spec as i do because i personally found it to be the best in several different situations. I opted to go with Eye of the Storm to reduce knockback and Imp Fire Nova over convection due to i dont have mana issues on any current fights and the ability to have a bit more aoe on some fights is an amazing ability. I carry a set of glyphs in my bag for different situations i was currently using the fire ele glyph for hm proffeser i wanted to see if it produced higher numbers since the length of the fights. I normally run with Totem of Wrath for my 3rd glyph. I chose these glyphs because lightning bolt is our main spell and most of our damage it was a no brainer. Lava increases lavaburst damage i actually wasnt sure if i wanted this glyph at first or if i should opt to go with flame shock i still need to look in to that (still have alot to learn as ele).

What if the mainspec ele shaman (me) couldn't log on one night, and the buffs were needed? Would you be upset having to not raid as enhance one night?

I have never had a problem respeccing for a guild aka why i am ele right now. I just dont wish to be ele ms and NEVER play enhance wich is the spec i enjoy. I do not mind at all playing ele or having to go ele for a raid i just dont enjoy it being my mainspec ;]
Im sure you can understand it isnt fun never getting to play the spec you enjoy.

I hope this answers most of your questions. Thank you for those that have read over this application and taken the time to critique it.

Toorup
User

Postby Toorup » Mon May 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Sorry kamby i didnt finish answering your question. I am a solid healer as resto i was mainspec resto back in bt sunwell and up untill late ulduar hardmodes where i went enhance. I am most likely a bit rusty but resto is the offspec ide most likely like to play. Though i do have decent ele gear as well and will never mind playing it to help the guild progress if said spec is needed. I just ask that i dont play ele for 3 months without raiding as enhance a single time >.<

Veloxic
User

Postby Veloxic » Mon May 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Toorup wrote:

Yea ide like to get it.

We have a WINNER!

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Mon May 03, 2010 7:04 pm

able to get on vent and have a talk with us tonight around 11 - 12 est?

Toorup
User

Postby Toorup » Mon May 03, 2010 7:19 pm

Yea sounds good. Just pm me the info or send me a tell in game. Toorup lvl 1 war. and ill hop on tonight.

Abhorrent
User

Postby Abhorrent » Tue May 04, 2010 9:29 pm

Veloxic wrote:
Toorup wrote:

Yea ide like to get it.

We have a WINNER!

Fail.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”