Anessa - DPS DK

Baddies
phazon
User

Postby phazon » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:26 pm

holyshoot wrote:what guild on dragonblight turned you down?

Exodus
here are their parse links, they are empty : \
http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/750/
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/browse/gu ... 4#calendar
Stormingire: What do you think she is doing Carbon?
Carbonlight: Fondling her pink socket?

Visions
User

Postby Visions » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:52 pm

If you were to be considered, this spot is for a full time Unholy DK. Seeing as how you've had a pretty strong affinity for frost how would you feel about this?

Have you remained up-to-date with current unholy playstyle and "strategy?"

If needed would you be capable of off-tanking and/or main tanking any given encounter?
IE: "Ah crap, we lost one of our tanks for putricide, we need you to do it!"

Could you explain "why" the other guild turned you down (If they did, that wasn't really made clear.) And what other guilds have you applied to?
Teach us to give and not to count the cost; To fight and not to heed the wounds; To toil and not to seek for rest...

phazon
User

Postby phazon » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:16 pm

I have no problem with being Unholy, it was actually something i preferred before becoming a full time frost DK (cause i was not fond of frost pre 3.3.3). The spec itself is pretty straight forward in terms of how to do damage with or without reaping, more than frost is, only real additive is I have to control a pet. I have remained up to date with the current play-style, and as for strategy I pretty much have a basic idea of what needs to be done already besides a possible few minor tweeks to how i do some stuff in a fights, but for the most part a lot of what I do in frost is similar to unholy only instead of having to deal with killing machine procs, howling blast, and unbreakable armor, its replaced with bone armor, and a pet. Of course I will confer with other high up unholy DKs I know to make sure everything is peachy.

As for tanking, I am quite capable at tanking and picking up slack if it is lost and I have carried over much of "barrier's" (tank in exodus US#1) play-style over to my own when I tank. Sadly, to put it bluntly, I do not have up to date gear to be tanking Hard-Modes in 25 more than likely, IE my tanking gear hasn't been used since Algalon. As such I only have a few random pieces from ICC with a mix of everything down to Ulduar gear. This coupled with the fact that I may need time to become acquainted / comfortable with tanking ICC. : \

As for the guild that turned me down, they turned me down because I didn't seem to fit well socially within the guild because I was quiet, this would have been a reasonable turn down, only the thing is I was there less than a week, if it wasn't raid time no one was really on save for 1-2 random people, I couldn't talk in guild chat cause I wasn't in the guild, because I was only in for 4 ICC bosses and a ToGC it was the only time they heard me talk because I was quiet otherwise cause I didn't want to interrupt anything on vent, and I just kept anything talking related to the DK chat channel, so only the DK's saw what I said. There may be another underlying reason as to why they chose to decline me such as a raider coming back to raid, but I can't be sure because when told I was declined it was through the mailbox.

This only happened recently so I am still going through other possible guilds, but I currently do have an app into the horde guild <void>. I had apped to <bad news bears> but they decided not to tell me for a week that an old DK raider had come back to the game and would be taking the spot they had opened even though they had shown interest in picking me up. I also have an open spot to go to in a guild called <gwen stifani>, but that guilds doesn't have a app process, they just lost their main tank, and they felt the need to inform me that "if it excites you, we do have a tranny in the guild!" soooo im trying to keep my distance from that guild >_>

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:03 pm

would you have some time to talk after our raid on sunday? ~12 midnight.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:25 pm

Uh...who said this was an unholy spot. I was under the impression we wanted an unholy and a frost dk.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:32 pm

Ninetales wrote:Uh...who said this was an unholy spot. I was under the impression we wanted an unholy and a frost dk.

we'd like one of each, but it's also important to make sure that we always have an unholy in the raid.
if you never tasted joy

phazon
User

Postby phazon » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:59 pm

grouch wrote:would you have some time to talk after our raid on sunday? ~12 midnight.

Yep sure do, I'll be on.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:10 pm

Sola wrote:
grouch wrote:would you have some time to talk after our raid on sunday? ~12 midnight.

Yep sure do, I'll be on.

just ask anyone in the guild if an officer is on.
if you never tasted joy

Phobeus
User

Postby Phobeus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:46 pm

Please tell me that you dont always use that sigil you currently have Equipped in WoWArmory.

phazon
User

Postby phazon » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:05 am

hmmm?
no, I switch them out depending on fights.

holyshoot
User

Postby holyshoot » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:54 pm

i like your sig btw so i made on to :D
"What are we talking about?!!?!.... BRB!!!!!" ~Russak

Kamby
User

Postby Kamby » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:24 pm

so did I!

I'm a copycat.

Chomb
User

Postby Chomb » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:52 pm

^
then all your accounts get hacked from the bogus sig website

Lawnchair
User

Postby Lawnchair » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:50 am

are you friends with evvee?

Savetheday
User

Postby Savetheday » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:30 pm

Ninetales wrote:Uh...who said this was an unholy spot. I was under the impression we wanted an unholy and a frost dk.

we want a dk to play unholy so I can go frost and top WMO meters again. :( even though I like Unyholy more : (

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”