Baddies
Nisay
User

Trig, Survival/MM Hunter, Lightning's Blade

Postby Nisay » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:34 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location:

- Usual Play Times (Server Time):
I work Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm. Evenings are usually the time that I play the most. I do have a nice job where I can get online to play some at work but it’s not the best quality so I don’t do much but it does help on those slow days.

- Number of Testicles: None

- Can you attend raids on these days:
August turned out to be a pretty busy month for me with moving then not having internet for a week. Then having to go out of town for work one weekend and the next having a vacation planed and now this up coming weekend I’m out of town but back Sunday. Usually things aren’t this crazy for me. If anything weekends are but by Sunday evening I’m home and can raid. At the moment I’m in-between places. I’m back home with my parents until my new place is done being built and to save money. I really hope to be in the new place before winter. And I would always give advanced warning unless it was something I have no control over.
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Would be an hour late. I work late on Thursdays and help with family and things.
-- Friday (optional): Yes usually unless I have something going on.
-- Saturday (optional): Same as Friday
-- Sunday: Yes

- Do any others have access to your account?
I had given my account info to a friend in my guild in case they needed my toon while I was on vacation but I recently changed the password so no one knows it except for me. I don’t give my account info out but if I know I won’t be around much and I trust someone I have no issues in giving it to an officer to use if there is a need for a hunter.

- How long have you played WoW: Since April 2005. I took a short break but came back to raiding during AQ 40 and have played ever since.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Vanilla: (all content cleared pre-BC)
MC: Cleared
BWL: Cleared
AQ 40: Cleared
Naxx 40: Cleared

BC: (all content cleared pre-nerfs)
SSC: Cleared
TK: Cleared
Hyjal: Cleared
BT: Cleared
Sunwell: Cleared

Wrath: (Was able to get both 10 and 25 raiding proto drakes before they were removed)
Naxx 25: Cleared
Obsidian Sanctum: Cleared
Eye of Eternity: Cleared

Ulduar:
Flame Leviathan: Hard Mode Cleared
XT-002 Deconstructor: Hard Mode Cleared
Iron Council: Hard Mode Cleared
Hodir: Hard Mode Cleared
Freya: Hard Mode attempted. Current guild just got her down Sunday Aug 16th when I was on vacation.
Thorim: Hard Mode Cleared
Mimiron: Hard Mode attempted. Was out of town when the guild finally got him down.
General Vezax: Hard Mode Cleared
Yogg-Saron: Attempted 1 Light. Again guild just got 1 light Sunday Aug 16th.
Algalon: No attempts in 10 or 25 man

Trial of the Crusader: None. Haven’t been invited. But I have read up on the fights.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:
Name: Trig
Class: Hunter

- Race & why did you choose it:
Race: Troll because Trolls are better then you.
The real reason for picking troll was I liked the look of them. Yes a very girl thing to say I know. I also liked at the time the + to bows which I figured I would use a lot. And when I first started to play I wasn’t looking at top end raiding or stats and things. I was playing for fun because I played the old Warcraft games and both of my brothers were playing WoW. Once I hit 60 I got into a raiding guild which I found I loved more then anything else in game. So that’s what I push for now.

- Link to Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Aftermath

- Can you describe the ruckus? No

- Professions and why did you choose them: I’m a JC and Alch. At the time in my previous guild before it went casual we were required to have 2 buffing professions to help with raiding. Before that I was a JC and Miner. I have no problems switching professions to help with raids or the guild. Back in the day when drums were godly I was JC and Leatherworker. I just would rather not drop JC because I have had it since it first came out.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Main spec: 1/15/55 Survival
Off-spec: 7/57/7 Marks
I'm sticking with Survival for now. I have my off-spec around for buffs if needed until I can get a better gear set to make it worth the switch.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & off-specs:
I came back from being out of town the week of the patch to find that my talents had all been reset. So I quickly jumped on EJ and read up on things that I had missed. When I read on the patch that LnL was going to have a GCD now I thought that it would make MM our best raiding spec and I know with the right gear and having all the armor pen it does beat SV on most fights. But I don’t have a good armor pen set (I think at least) to switch over. Reading also more about the LnL change it was noticed that when off the GCD it always proced. So I decided to stick with SV for a bit and see how it worked out in raids. That’s why SV is still my main spec. And my gear is tailored towards SV with all agility gems.

As for my off spec I have a buffing MM spec with Imp Hunter’s Mark along with the Hunter Mark glyph and TSA for those nights that we don’t have a shaman or DK to give the AP buff. I’m slowly working on a MM gear set, as I’ve mentioned before, one that focus on Armor Pen. I don’t want to just regem ArP because there are still some fights in Ulduar that are better as SV and SV doesn’t get much use out of ArP.

- What Glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
For Survival I use Kill Shot, Explosive Shot, and Serpent Sting. Kill Shot is great for those long fights like Yogg where I’m using Kill Shot every cooldown come phase 3. Explosive Shot is the bread and butter shot for Survival so having the glyph that helps with it’s crit is always nice. Serpent Sting is another one of those shots that you will always see a hunter use. As Survival with the Noxious Stings talent when my Serpent Sting is on a target increases all my damage done and to not have to refresh it as often is really nice and helps with my rotation.

As Marks I use Steady shot, Kill Shot, and Serpent Sting. The Steady Shot glyph helps with my steady shot damage when serpent sting is up on the target and since that should always be up it’s a nice glyph to use. Kill Shot again for those long fights but I have some extra glyphs in my bag of Hawk that I can switch out on shorter fights to improve my Imp Hawk haste bonus. Then my Serpent Sting glyph I have to lengthen the time Serpent Sting is up on the target. As MM I know that my Chimera Shot will refresh the sting that I have up on the target. But it is nice for those fights that you are moving around to give yourself a buffer. And with Chimera Shot it will instantly deal 40% of the damage done by my Serpent Sting so to give my Serpent Sting more time to tick is a good thing if I am thinking properly.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
As Survival it’s more of a priority that I use with my shots. I make sure I always have serpent sting up so that my other shots will hit harder due to Noxious Stings. Then keeping Black Arrow up on the boss will help with getting more LnL procs. Then it’s making sure that Explosive shot is always used when the cooldown is up even if I have to wait a second for the cooldown to be up because if I were to push for another shot and then have to wait for the GCD it could push it back more then just waiting that 1 second. That is unless Kill Shot is up. In that case Kill shot should always be used on cooldown even over Explosive Shot. I can then weave in Steady shots and Aimed/Multi Shots.

As MM to be honest I haven’t played around with the shot rotation enough to be comfortable with it. I would have to spend a few hours on the target dummies to get the rotation down and get a better feel with things. I know to have Serpent Sting up that will cause Chimera Shot to hit harder. But do I use my other shots on cooldown or just when moving and using steady shot as a filler like in Survival? It's something I would have to read up on some more before I made the switch and something I'd have to practice to get used to.

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
First Sergeant and Rival
I was never that much into PvP because while leveling I was ganked a lot so always hated it until I got to be 60 and had some really nice raiding gear and a healer behind me. With Achievements being added into the game I’ve become a really big achievement whore. It gives me something to work towards in game when not raiding. So I got back into pvping some more.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Aftermath on Lightning’s Blade: It was my first raiding guild and my current guild. My reasons for leaving it in the past are somewhat the same reasons as today. I’m really not one to bad mouth a guild no matter what because it’s my opinion so I don’t like to force that on others. I just don’t feel like I’m being treated equal. Not mind you because I’m a girl there are 3 other girl raiders. I’ve been back in the guild since May 22, 2009 and I’m still an applicant. I know there is a trial period and I have no issues with that. It’s just there has been no word as to if I need to improve on anything or if I’m going to be accepted or not. And I honestly hate that. Doesn’t seem fair that I should push myself for a guild that doesn’t seem to want me. It is a great guild one of the best on the server. I have some friends in the guild still and have gotten along with everyone in the guild. I never cause drama. I’m just not happy with where I am in the guild. Last Tuesday I was the only hunter online on time for raid invites to go out and never got an invite. Then 15 mins later one of the other hunters shows up and gets invited right away. It just really feels like I’m not wanted or needed. So I’m looking for a guild that needs a hunter.

Gentlemen’s Club of Uldum: I transferred to Gentlemen’s Club before Wrath they were working on M’uru. It was a great guild made me feel welcome and felt like the old AM back in the day. Was like a big family. Sadly when the nerfs hit pre Wrath people got lazy or just bored of the game. Wrath came out and we were able to clear everything. Then when Ulduar was released there were issues with getting raids together. A lot of people were quitting due to real life and that left the guild falling apart. In the end GC went casual and I moved back to AM to try things out again. But things just don’t seem to be working.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/197/80625009.jpg

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/Mp5E ... 886&e=1361
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/M90v ... 826&e=2337
(I got really lucky with this XT kill not having to move and LnL proced a lot.)

- Alts & their name/level:
I don’t play my alts that much if at all anymore. I use them more for their professions.
Lilylay lvl 70 Priest
Yasin lvl 71 Rogue
Itsey lvl 65 Druid

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
MSN: [email protected]
AIM: computermoth
Email: [email protected]
I usually have 1 if not all 3 of those up and running and I check my email regularly.

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
Was looking around on the WoW Recruitment forums.
I don’t know anyone in Simple Math.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
After last week I decided to just start looking for a new guild. It seems nothing is going to change any time soon. I’ve talked to one of the officers about it and get the same response that because they don’t use DKP that ranks don’t mean much but it still just doesn’t feel like I’m looked at in a good light. Also that I’ve missed a lot of raids which has just been this past month due to moving, work, and vacation. And that my dps isn’t consistent though I’ve been working on it and trying my best to improve. If you would like to talk to any of the officers feel free to: Khorium, Arentios, Momokan, Vashin, Hieradin, and Zeraxs. And if you can see what I can’t as to the reason that I would not be made a member please let me know I would love to fix anything that I’m doing wrong.

Yes I am a girl but I’ve been raiding ever since I hit 60. I’ve been around guys all this time and know how to take a joke and if I find something is offensive I just ignore it. I want to have fun again in game and raid with competent people. I’m not looking to get to know anyone on a personal level or to post my picture online, so please don’t ask. I pay to play this game not to use it as a dating service. I’m friendly and open and willing to help if anyone needs a dps. The only issues I would have is on Thursdays I work late and get home around 9:30ish pm est sometimes 10pm est at the latest. I do my homework. If I haven’t attempted a boss or if I haven’t defeated a boss I will watch videos and read up on the encounter. I have no issues with asking questions as long as people have no issue in answer them.

I thank you for taking the time for reading this extremely long app and if you decided not to recruit me that’s fine. If I could ask though for your reason and also any suggestions to help me improve my character it would be much appreciated.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
It’s a custom built Desktop. Built for gaming not for looks.
AMD Athlon™ 64 x2 6000+
4 Gigs of Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Typical FPS around 50

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against Boston at speedtest.net Link the results below.

Verizon DSL

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/8716/cookiel.png

Greyknight
User

Postby Greyknight » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:53 pm

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. This is not optional.
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/8716/cookiel.png

I like this app :D, ill give review after raid.

vix
User

Postby vix » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:55 pm

ACCEPTED!

and then suddenly I was hit with this:

what a shame

Visions
User

Postby Visions » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:58 pm

Troll.

lol

Your app was so good all the way up to and preceding Race.

sigh
Teach us to give and not to count the cost; To fight and not to heed the wounds; To toil and not to seek for rest...

Nisay
User

Postby Nisay » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:02 pm

Visions wrote:Troll.

lol

Your app was so good all the way up to and preceding Race.

sigh

Sorry. :(

Made it back in 05 and I've put way to much work into my troll to have any desire to reroll. So with the lemons I have I've decided to make lemonade and do the best that I can.

Plus I have a kick ass dance.

Taurruus
User

Postby Taurruus » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:05 pm

I'm rolling Troll druid when the next expansion hits. Exceptional app

blind
User

Postby blind » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:19 pm

Very clean app. Pleasure to read.

merk
User

Re: Trig, Survival/MM Hunter, Lightning's Blade

Postby merk » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:24 pm

Nisay wrote:- Race & why did you choose it:

Invite. Now.

vix
User

Re: Trig, Survival/MM Hunter, Lightning's Blade

Postby vix » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:27 pm

merk wrote:
Nisay wrote:- Race & why did you choose it:

Invite. Now.

f you and your other trollrevolutionistfag friend strebla

fria
User

Postby fria » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:44 pm

JOIN TEAM TROLL

Afflixion
User

Postby Afflixion » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:42 pm

Let me start this by saying I don't know shit about Hunters. I thought gemming for ArP was the new thing for Hunters?

P.S-Your app was good and hopefully our lone Hunter in this guild can take a glance to ask more appopriate questions :D

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:05 pm

able to get on vent and talk with us tonight? around 1130 - 12 est?

Nisay
User

Postby Nisay » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:28 pm

Yea I should be able too. Should I shoot for more 11:30 or 12?

Nehraxus
User

Postby Nehraxus » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:37 pm

probably closer to 12, look for grouch greyknight fria or myself ingame and we'll give you the infos.

Abhorrent
User

Postby Abhorrent » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:20 pm

Afflixion wrote:Let me start this by saying I don't know shit about Hunters. I thought gemming for ArP was the new thing for Hunters?

P.S-Your app was good and hopefully our lone Hunter in this guild can take a glance to ask more appopriate questions :D

ArP for marks and agility for survival.

Return to “Guild Application - Accepted”