- Age & Location: 36; Austin, Texas
- Number of Testicles: 2
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes, I have an authenticator.
- How long have you played WoW: 10 years or so.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): 3/8 Heroic Uldir, 8/8 Normal Uldir
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
MTS on Shandris - 2015 to many many years before - Guild just just mid WoD and slowly stopped raiding and existing in general. It still has a small social following and I keep up with them, but for the most part it was it stopped and I slowly left at the start of Legion for that reason.
Extenze on Sargeras - Started raiding here during Legion. Had a decent time and we progressed well enough. But the raid times changed several times throughout the course of the expansion and it just got to the point of frustration in scheduling and we parted ways on good terms. They understood where I was coming from and I wasn't mad at them for doing what they had to do.
Currently Online (family of guilds) on Sargeras - Since I stopped raiding with Extenze kind of late in the game in Legion I ended up in this massive gaming community guild just to finish out Legion and kick off BFA while I look for a new team. This is a very low commitment team and not very well progressed.
- Name & Class: Pacioli, Druid
- Link to battle.net Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... as/Pacioli
- Main-spec, off-spec, and how often do you play your off-spec? Resto main & Balance off. I play balance decently often.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Well resto druid is a specialization that requires one thing above all else. Knowledge of incoming damage before it arrives. Spreading your HoTs out before the burst makes them insanely effective. Beyond the the gritty details are:
Keep your LB up on the tank, this will generate clearcasting procs which allows for free regrowth casts. Not to mention a pretty solid HoT on someone always taking damage. So free casts of an expensive spell and solid healing.
While we are on the subject of tanks, iron bark is also an amazing external cooldown. In serious tank healing situations it can be talented into stonebark and I have used it in the event I had to really watch a single target on my own. Although over all inner peace (2 min CD instead of 3 for Tranq or an additional HoT from efflorescence with Spring Blossoms net more direct healing over all usually and thus are picked more often).
Then we get to the raid healing which is really resto druids bread and butter.
Keep your efflorescence down, typically in melee to the point of where tanks can also dip into it. But it can be used on any serious stacking situation. The up-time here is a much bigger deal when you use spring blossom but its worth keeping up as much as possible regardless. Because with how autumn leaves works (rejuv being the only HoT makes rejuv more powerful) Spring blossom right now isn't the best choice because it generates additional HoTs but it will certainly have its place in fights and something to be considered.
Beyond that you basically spread rejuv out to anyone that is in need of healing. Hit your wild grown in a pinch. Try to predict these things before the actual damage hits. It is also pretty common to take that 2 minute Tranq talent in the row with stonebark, spring blossoms which allows you to use that major cooldown more often. But all 3 of these talents are pretty viable in the 90 row.
Major cooldowns are a pretty solid tool kit for the resto druid. We have the 2 minute raid wide cool down of Traq when talented (3 when not). I also side with tree of life as another major cooldown and would likely only trade it out for cultivation (HoT added when rejuv heals someone below 60%) only if it was a battle I know people are going to be hanging low a lot and I need to hold onto mana tightly. So very situational. The final big CD in the package is Flourish which I pick up on the 100 row. It is possible germination can win out in some fights where blanketing is king and mana is not an issue, but I side with flourish most the time simply because it can make less go further. It is very effective to use after a blanket of the raid and a big damage hit, or even in a major hit using it after a Tranq and using its effects to extend the HoT applied from Tranq after popping a Wild Growth. So it can make an amazing CD into a more amazing one if that is what is required.
Beyond that most talent points are flavor to me honestly. 15 row Abundance is great in 5 mans but end of the day I likely wouldn't take it often in a raid. But I could see it having a place in fights where maybe you really have to crunch an absorb/heal it off debuff quickly off raid members. Prosperity is a double Swiftmeld and isn't bad. Cenarion Ward can cheese some big hit mechanics on bosses so it certainly has a place. I usually go Prosperity in more raid healing situation and Cenarion when I feel I can use it to really bust one of those mechanics up in a raid.
30 row is flavor. I prefer Tiger Dash to escape problems more than a renewal to save myself after eatting one.
45 row is pretty much always Guardian, I mean who doesn't like to take 6% less damage. But balance has its place when the raid gets really spread out and you need that extra range on the heals.
60 I normally keep it on mass entanglement just because its been useful. But typhoon has its place when mass interrupt is useful. Mighty bash has its place if you need a single stun. So its flexible when you need these specific tools.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Well of course int is king. Beyond that its a break down between what your aim is. If Autumn Leaves heavy on the azorite pieces then more haste and less dependency on mastery is needed (single hot of Rejuv being your bread and butter more often on players). If you end up using less Autumn Leaves then you want to work on getting your mastery up to par more so. This also is a lot stronger strategy in 5 mans and generally loses strength as you get larger group sizes. Although 20 man is kind of in that spot where it can work in either direction pretty well. Beyond haste and mastery depending on those pieces of criteria crit and vers are pretty tied up.
- Where do you do most of your research & testing to improve your character? https://www.dvorakgaming.com and https://questionablyepic.com are a good read. Update decently quick when changes come up. But BFA has been pretty up and down on a lot of things. So it has become pretty important to just keep on top of changes, use your brain with the frame work those guys deliver, and keep your healer stat weights addon on hot standby and updated since simming healing really isn't that effective.
- Why should we accept you over anyone else of your class/spec? I am a team first kind of person. I have a steady job, family, and won't have many if any schedule conflicts when it comes to dedication to the schedule. I also am humble and do not think of myself as the best. In fact, I know I can improve a lot and will always strive to do so. I will always take advice and criticism to mind and use them effectively instead of getting upset and emotional over it.
- A Screenshot of your character's UI in a raid: https://imgur.com/a/QpVu7nO
- Logs from warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Ap24axmC7YXHL6KW#fight=16&type=healing
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during mythic raid?
7700k clocked to 4.9, 1080ti, 32 gig 3200 ram, WoW on a SSD, play on an ultra wide 1440p, and have a side 1080p monitor for off game things. During raiding it shifts a bit up and down but it never dips much below 40-50 although I will admit to not watching it very closely. Which is a good sign I don't really ever notice a lot of studder or lag.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? Don't know anyone and I found you on WoWHead guild recruitment forums. Did a little research on WoWProgress and in the logs and think I could be a good fit with you. A place I can work on progressing though the expansion and beyond. The times work out great for me and I would also be lying a little bit if I didn't REALLY want to go horde.
- Run a speed test and ping test targeting New York. Link the results below.
It seems ping test has been discontinued.
- Finally, we ask that you draw a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (macOS).
I hope you enjoy!