Pawgchamp
User

Pawgchamp - Hpriest Application

Postby Pawgchamp » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:06 am

Player information:
- Age & Location:
24 & Virginia

- Number of Testicles:
I think theres 2 down there. Yup, there's 2.

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?
Yup!

- How long have you played WoW:
Approximately 9 years

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
I cleared nearly all heroic content in Cata when it was current, and all heroic content in MoP while it was current. During WoD, I took a break and stopped raiding.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:
Pawgchamp & priest

- Link to Battle.net Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... amp/simple

- Race & why you chose it:
Belf. The interrupt is very useful in m+ and it the mana regen is nice.

- Professions and why you choose them:
Alchemy/herbalism. 2 Hour flasks man! Its also good for making some $$ on the side.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
Im MS Holy, but i have 28 points in my disc wep and 23 in my shadow. I play disc more than shadow usually just for 5 mans because the extra damage is helpful. I rarely play shadow outside of WQ's unless its a 10+ keystone.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
Holy:
-- Int > Mastery > Crit > Haste. My reason for this choice is because Echo of Light is amazing and will tick for quite a bit if you have a large crit heal. HW: Serenity crits for ~2.2m and HW: Sanctity crits for ~600k(on 6 targets) which both put large hots on people. This also explains why crit is valuable (larger crits larger hots yo). Haste is alright but really, you want mastery and crit more than anything.

Disc:
-- Int > Haste > Crit > Mastery. With atonement lasting 15 seconds you want to get as many casts in as possible within that 15 second window. In other words, faster penance and faster smites means you're getting more out of each atonement you apply. It also allows you to get more ticks out of SW: Pain which is nice for when there are multiple targets up.

Shadow:
-- Haste > Crit > Int > Mastery. Haste because nearly all of your damage is dots and you benefit largely from haste due to the lingering insanity buff outside of void form as well as the haste increase while you're in voidform. Crit because you get more shadowy apparitions (more insanity) during void form and there are artifact traits that make crit more valuable. You really want to minimize the amount of mastery/vers you have because haste and crit are just wayyy too strong. But mastery is a straight damage increase to dots and mind flay so its not the worst thing in the world.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Holy:
For AoE: Prayer of Healing and HW: Sanctify are your go to's. You can also spot heal with flash heal procs from the surge of light talent. Also using Prayer of Mending in conjunction with Divine Hymn is quite strong when needed.
For single target: Heal as your mana efficient, slow cast. Flash heal when people need to be topped off quick. HW: Serenity when someone is very low.
You should always be rotating your holy word abilities and casting the spells which reduce the CD on them in order to maximize your output.

Disc:
This playstyle is very different from any other class. Keep SW: Pain up on all targets, penance whenever you need burst healing(really should be used on CD unless mana is an issue or you expect a large burst of damage incoming). Smite is used as your filler. Shadow Mend when a target needs healing quick. PW: Shield when you need to apply atonement for a low mana cost or you're anticipating damage incoming. Plea is only used when you have atonement on fewer than 6 targets but really you shouldn't use it too much to begin with unless you're just keeping atonement on a target and they need no healing/shielding. PW: Radiance is good for applying atonements to multiple targets quickly but it should be used sparingly because of the high mana cost. It pairs very well with Innervate if you are able to spam it get atonements on nearly everyone in the raid and then going to town within that short amount of time where you have around 20 atonements up.

Shadow:
Single target: Maintain 100% uptime on both dots. Mind flay as a filler and use mind blast on CD. During voidform, use void bolt and mindblast on cd and when you can use neither, use mind flay. Save SW: Death stacks for when you are low on insanity and need a boost. Use your artifact ability upon entering voidform and after you have your dots refreshed from void bolt. After that its a rinse and repeat while using your mindbender/power infusion while in voidform and using them as often as possible. I can go into StM over voice chat if you'd like but i don't wanna type all that stuff out unless its necessary lol.

AoE: If you take the Auspicious Spirits talent (which you should) you shadow word pain all targets and mind sear. If its fewer than 4 targets then you multi dot and maintain single target rotation.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Forgive me because i cannot remember the names of my cata guild but i left them because I wanted to play my warlock rather than continue healing and they didn't have a ranged dps spot. During MoP, i raided with Salary Capped on Whisperwind (later transferred to Zul'jin) and the guild fell apart at the end of the xpac due to our RL quitting the game.
At the start of Legion, i was raiding with Legendary Soul Hunters on Velen and i left because their progression plan consisted of not killing content we had on farm. They also had a raid environment which discouraged questions and didn't allow any criticism from anyone. I joined Autonomy 2 weeks after EN dropped and raided with them ever since. Recently, we've had 2 officers quit and we were slowly losing the recruits we had gained which wasn't allowing us to continue to progress through mythics. More people left because we were only doing heroic and at that point we only had around 10-12 of us left.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/reportslist/158187/

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?
The guild looks very organized, the atmosphere seems fun, and the progression is right where i'd like to be. Also, I enjoy playing the game outside of raid a lot and from what Stormingire and I spoke about, so do many of your guildies. I found you because Stormingire saw my post on the forums and reached out to me. I do not know anyone in Simple Math.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
I built my PC recently. Here are the specs:
CPU- Intel i-5 6500 3.2GHz
Memory- 250g SSD, 1 TB hard drive, 16g ddr4 ram
Video card- MSI Radeon R9 390
Typical FPS during a 25 man - 90
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
I mean i didn't have a lot of time to do this so don't make fun of me for it but here it is:

Stormingire
User

Re: Pawgchamp - Hpriest Application

Postby Stormingire » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:25 am

Good to talk at 6:15 pm tomorrow.

Stormingire
User

Re: Pawgchamp - Hpriest Application

Postby Stormingire » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:46 pm

Best of luck in your new guild.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”