Even Baddier Baddies
Zemnis
User

Affy/Destro warlock app!

Postby Zemnis » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:14 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 26 South Mississippi.
- Number of Testicles: 2.
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes.
- How long have you played WoW: 11 Years.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Pre - BC up to all bosses and some in naxx 40, BC all bosses pre nerf, Wrath all bosses except heroic LK, Cata all bosses minus last 2 bosses in DS, MoP All bosses, and WoD havent had much time to raid due to military but looking to get back into it now and gear up for a hard core legion push.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Zemnis Warlock
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... s/advanced
- Race & why you chose it: Human , will go Troll if I go horde for the haste raical, haste is the top stat for affy and one of the best for destro.
- Professions and why you choose them: Engineering for the fun and enchanting to enchant my own and others items.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Affy and Destro. I can play all specs at a high level.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): Well for affliction I tend to go for haste mastery mulitstrike then crit. And for destro i go Mastery Crit haste.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Affy: After pre pot i usually go straight into a UA cast followed my agony and corruption then soul burn haunt, followed my cooldowns like dark sould and doomguard (if the start of fight calls for it) and just maintain my dots up on the boss and adds as much as possible then drain soul as the filler. Destro: start off with a pre bot then choas bolt immolate conflag when available incenerate as a filler and choas bolt when you can.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Pre-BC: Onslaught (stayed with them till BC left due to break up, BC: Onslaught (Broke up due to to many raiders going from 40 man to 25 man raiding) Reckless Ambition (stayed with them till wrath), Wrath: Reckless Ambition (Broke up after Naxx 25), Prodigy (Stayed with them till Cata), Cata: Prodigy (GM quit and guild stopped raiding), Simplicity (stayed with them till MoP), MoP: Simplicity (Guild broke up not enough returning players to raid), Vintage (Left before the start of WoD due to real life uses and Military), WoD: The Family Business (nothing to serious just a friend guild raiding casually till I got deployed, thats where my gear is kinda left off)

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID): Down Below
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: N/A due to not really raiding much and my friend guild i raided with didnt keep logs.
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I have had a friend in this guild Rith (rogue) that use to raid with you guys, watched a few of your raids on his stream and he spoke very highly of you guys. Figured coming back would give you guys a try to see if my experience could out weigh my lack of gear to prove i can be a solid assit to your guild.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Built my own gaming computer. AMD eight core processor 8350, 8 gigs of ram, GTX 680 Classified. Usually run about 40 FPS in a normal 25 man raid setting. I also stream so i have to have good FPS to stream and keep viewers lol.
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4871291598
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
Attachments
Simple Math.png
WoWScrnShot_112515_172042.jpg
Screenshot with UI in raid.

Zemnis
User

Re: Affy/Destro warlock app!

Postby Zemnis » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:36 pm

Majix
User

Postby Majix » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:59 pm

you seem to have decent class knowledge down i dont see why we cant give you a shot homie.
[url=http://img15.imageshack.us/i/tyronez.jpg/]

Zemnis
User

Postby Zemnis » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:11 pm

Thx man! I appreciate that! I'm a tad bit rusty and learning never stops in this game as far as I am concerned lol, always try to find ways to make myself a better player :D.

Arcimone
User

Postby Arcimone » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:18 pm

Hey Zemnis, I have a few things for your app that I'd like to clarify and a couple questions for you to answer.

1. Make sure to go look up the correct opener for destruction and affliction
2. For destruction make sure to have your stat priority correct, haste is actually our least valuable stat.
3. Right now it is generally better to just go for mastery on everything you can get since haste is only marginally better for affliction when it's a single target fight i.e. (Iron Reaver, Kormrok, and Fel Lord).

For my question, if you had access to every trinket right now what spec would you play and what trinkets would you use for Mythic Archimonde and why?

How do you feel about playing demonology right now, what fight(s) would you play it on?

Zemnis
User

Postby Zemnis » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:44 pm

Thanks for the tips Arcimone, I am just coming back and a few things have changed since i have been gone so its good to hear tips from an experienced lock.

As for the your question about Mythic Archimonde i would play Destro and use the trinkets Mythic Fragment of the Dark Star and Mythic Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia. Destro spec because for the most part of the fight there are 2 mobs up Arch and Hellfire Deathcaller which would be good for Havoc Chaos Bolt combos, also when the smaller adds come out i feel Fire and Brimstone Chaos bolt or even just Incinerate/Conflag would be better to knock them down a bit faster than say affliction would, plus the little adds seem to die pretty quick to a chaos bolt to the face vs dots ticking on them and wasting time dotting them all, and same for the infernals in the Twisting Nether phase. Shadow burning the adds would also mean more embers for chaos bolts and such as well. As for the trinkets I picked, static Mastery and a proc of Int on the Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia is amazing by far in my opinion the best bang for your buck, and the Fragment of the Dark Star you couldn't pass up 15% more crit strike chance on a target with your destro spells, i know that doesnt really help Chaos Bolt but for your Incinerate and other spells that would be great.

As far as Demo is concerned I dont i see many fights it would be the "best" dps spec for besides Kormrok or heavy add fights where they adds are grouped up like the Grasphing hands are in Kormrok.

Oneshot
User

Postby Oneshot » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:08 am

Would you be around tomorrow, 12/2, at 6:30 EST to talk in mumble?

Majix
User

Postby Majix » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:58 pm

you also really want the mythic dung trinket for 10% dmg increase on gorefien/tyrant, manny, archimonde. so try your best to get it
[url=http://img15.imageshack.us/i/tyronez.jpg/]

Zemnis
User

Postby Zemnis » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:46 pm

i actually have that :) sadly its one of my best trinkets! the Orb of Voidsight.

sorry i have been MIA... been on a small vacation and just getting back to check my app. I can get on mumble at anytime, you have my real id just pm me the info :)

Oneshot
User

Postby Oneshot » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:48 pm

Alright I will be in touch.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”