User

Holloween - Blood Death Knight

Postby Holloween » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:30 am

Player information:

- Age & Location: 21 - Long Beach, California
- Number of Testicles: Seven and a Half
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: Since Dragon Soul
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): 14/14M (Not H) SoO, 2/7M, 6/10M, currently 8/13M but have experience tanking 11/13M to low % wipes.
- A Little Extra Info About Me: Member of MENSA and Stand Up Comedian. Frequently likes to act as the comic relief, but knows when to be serious.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Holloween - Death Knight
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... een/simple
- Race & why you chose it: Night Elf. I chose it because I wanted to choose night elf. This was the 2nd toon I made and wasn't really considering pros and cons of races because I wasn't a hardcore raider. I kept the race when I became a raider because of shadowmeld. Would be changing to Tauren for the racial stun.
- Professions and why you choose them: Engineering: It was basically required back in old content, and had no reason to switch it for WoD; Enchanting: Was for my own enchants and to make a bit of extra money on gear I didn't need.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? My offspec is Unholy. I somewhat frequently play it because I frequently help 2 old guilds in running heroic with them. I played it a bit in BRF then stopped, and only recently came back to it, so am a little rusty, but am not too bad.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): My choice of gear has always been Mastery > Haste (Haste/Multistrike for WoD), with this xpac deciding not to go with everyone else and join the BoS craze (Plus with the BoS nerf, it will likely be impossible to play BoS for the first Legion raid, maybe the second because MS % will not be high enough). I, as a tank, have always had the mind set that the most important thing for a tank to do is to maximize their survivability, and not dps. If I can provide 90% of the healing done to myself with 30k dps, instead of 50% of healing done to myself with 45k dps, I would much rather take the 90% and allow the healers time to regenerate mana and heal up dps (who are doing far more than I can hope to do). I have always gone with the mentality of "I will not be receiving heals" and have tanked with that mind set to maximize my survivability, and I function best when I don't have healers worrying about me. One of the things I hate most is using death strike when I have full health. While yes, it still does give me a blood shield, it wastes about 300k overhealing.
- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Not a whole lot to it as a death knight. I use rune tap when I have 2 charges and keep one for emergencies, unless I am planning on saving them for a boss ability, use defile on cooldown, and use blood boil when I have a blood rune up. The most complicated, and important, thing for me is when to use death strike. I use it when:
1) I am at 50-70% health (Depends on the fight and how hard the boss hits) to avoid useless overhealing.
2) I get a mastery proc. Will try to maintain a minimum of a 250k shield for duration of the proc, then dump all runes on the last 3 seconds so I have a maximum blood shield when the proc ends.
3) I am about to have full runes.
If asked about my biggest weakness in my rotation, I would have to say remembering to use soul reaper while in blood. I'm good at it while in unholy, but struggle to remember while in blood. I did just get a weak aura for it though, so that's slowly changing.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Started in Thats How We Roll on Hydraxis. Was really tight there but after 2 months of wiping on Mythic Beastlord I decided I needed to move on. Moved to Dauntless-Kel'thuzad which merged to Futility-Kel'Thuzad which disbanded and Formed Celestials-Kel'thuzad (all within a month) was with them for most of HFC, but had to leave because of college class time and raid time conflicts. I then moved to a trial guild Re Lapse on Korgath but was trialing to be a back up and decided I wanted to be a main tank instead, even if the guild wasn't far progressed. Then moved to Cake Plantion on Sargaras, passed my trial, but a really old raider came back who they were all friends with and he wanted to tank, and he took priority over a freshly passed trial, so I was sat as a back up yet again. Now I'm guildless.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID): Image
ImageImage
- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: I have 2 realms I have mythic logs from
Sargaras: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... rps&boss=0
Kel'Thuzad: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... tric=ehrps
- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? You guys seem like a good progression guild for me to be in, one that will push me as a tank. Not really gonna BS and say "You guys are my perfect guild" because well, I don't know any of you. I heard about you via forums recruitment post. I talked to oneshot and he said while you don't have very high demand for a tank now, but he said you have a tank leaving during legion, and if I can get in a really good guild for legion, I'd be happy. (Although it would be nice if I could tank some non-progression fights, I just love playing even if its the boring part of raiding.)
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Windows 7, Custom Build. Intel Core i3-4130; 8 gigs RAM; Radeon 7700. 60 FPS.
- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4752083485
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.

Holloween
User

Re: Holloween - Blood Death Knight

Postby Holloween » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:04 am

Also another bit of information: So far, I am not planning on rerolling to demon hunter next xpac for tank. If asked however, I can, but am not planning on it at the moment.

Logiks
User

Postby Logiks » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:14 pm

Holloween wrote:I have always gone with the mentality of "I will not be receiving heals"
This is the perfect guild for you :)

Holloween wrote:you don't have very high demand for a tank now
lies and slander

as for the rest of the app...
*Bloodlust noise*

zuzu
User

Postby zuzu » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:14 pm

I'm a little unclear on your gearing and stat priorities. Are you gearing for mastery and haste or for haste and multi as blood currently?
So Fabulous!

Holloween
User

Postby Holloween » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:53 pm

I'm gearing mastery and haste mainly, but will take mastery multistrike. I try to not go for gear without mastery if I can.

Holloween
User

Postby Holloween » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:05 pm

Also here is the ping test, didn't notice it wasn't just speed test untill now Image

Oneshot
User

Postby Oneshot » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:56 am

How comfortable are you doing jobs which may require a task that falls outside of normal tanking ig: Grips on adds, soaking fire on Archimonde Mythic, kiting?

Holloween
User

Postby Holloween » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:18 am

Oneshot wrote:How comfortable are you doing jobs which may require a task that falls outside of normal tanking ig: Grips on adds, soaking fire on Archimonde Mythic, kiting?

Well to me all that stuff was stuff I thought would be normal tank requirements, especially the grips. I'm good at all of that (except for the fire, because I've never done it.) And I adapt quickly so any new tasks given to me I learn within a pull or two.

Clinically
User

Postby Clinically » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:11 am

I don't main a deathknight but i know them pretty well and took half an hour to read up on the class for a refresh, Why so much Mastery and going haste/multi when multi is your best stat and then mastery. More multi means more deathstrike procs, means more healing/shields. And you said you don't want to use DS with 50-70% health depending on the fight, over healing a little bit isn't going to kill you and you don't just get heals you get absorb shields. Explain.

Holloween
User

Postby Holloween » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:57 am

Clinically wrote:Why so much Mastery and going haste/multi when multi is your best stat and then mastery.

Multistrike is a much stronger dps stat than it is defensive, whereas mastery is the more defensive stat. Multistrike is extremely useful for Breath of Syndrigosa (a playstyle I do not play) because multistrikes on autoattacks give you 15 runic power. The only true benefit to that defensively is that it allows you to use death coil more often, which intern gives you a slight boost in health, as well as giving you 2 charges of blood tap. It's not a massive benefit though, even though it might at first seem to be because it does so much. Its much better to have very high mastery as your primary stat, and have haste as your secondary stat if you are playing defensively. If I can't get mastery/haste, that's when I go for mastery/multistrike. This priority can change however, depending on how much mastery is on each piece of gear. For damage though, definitely, multistrike is the way to go as your main stat.

Clinically wrote:More multi means more death strike procs, means more healing/shields.

The whole multistrike thing when it comes to healing is a little complicated, I might be able to better explain it over a VOIP if you wish.
So far as I know, from all my own testing and research, it is relatively lack luster survival-wise to get a Death Strike MS. The only benefit defensively of a Death Strike MS is when it procs a MS heal when you are at low health. Most of the time though, the multistrike is wasted overhealing. And the blood shield is only affected by the initial strike, it does not proc off of multistrikes, be it damage MS or healing MS, so far as I have seen.

Clinically wrote:And you said you don't want to use DS with 50-70% health depending on the fight, over healing a little bit isn't going to kill you and you don't just get heals you get absorb shields.

While yes, a bit of overhealing won't hurt, but I try to minimize overhealing when I can, because otherwise I see it as a waste. Like I said, I play with the mindset that I won't be receiving heals, even though I know I will be. If I waste a rune at 90% or 100% health just to keep my blood shield up, I have to wait 7 seconds for a new one, and 7 seconds can mean death for a tank. If I let my health drop however, I will then heal up 200-300k of effective healing, along with getting the blood shield, instead of just getting the blood shield, and then having to sit on my hands while I wait for a new rune.
When I say 50-70%, its because most fights, I will have 800-900k health, so when I use Death Strike depends on hard the boss hits. This is one of the ways I minimize overhealing. To me, if I don't NEED to use a rune, I don't use it. And by "need" I mean my qualifications in my application above for when I use death strike.

Holloween
User

Postby Holloween » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:16 am

Sorry, don't want to be that guy who keeps posting on his own post, but I felt I should clarify something.

Holloween wrote:My choice of gear has always been Mastery > Haste (Haste/Multistrike for WoD)

I didn't realize when I put the slash it would probably be taken as I am currently gearing Haste/Multistrike. I meant Mastery > Haste = Multistrike. The "for WoD" part was that before WoD I always did Mastery > Haste > Crit, but with the introduction of Multistrike in WoD, its now Haste = Multistrike. I prefer to take gear that is either Mastery/Haste or Mastery/Multistrike. Just want to clear things up, was my fault for the confusion.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:38 pm

We're gonna go in a different direction, we decided to go with a more mobile tank for our current setup. Thanks for the app and if things change in the future and your next guild doesn't work out, don't hesitate to app again.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”