User

Angelusvitae Disc Priest

Postby Angelus » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:37 pm

Player information:

- Age & Location: 25, Florida

- Number of Testicles: 0

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? Yes

- How long have you played WoW: Since Vanilla

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): I've killed every end raid boss from Wrath through MoP

Character Information:

- Name, & Class: Angelusvitae, Disc Priest

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... e/advanced

- Race & why you chose it: Gnome, I just really like being a gnome. As horde I would be a Blood Elf, their racial is decent
and I like the way they look.

- Professions and why you choose them: Jewelcrafting and Enchanting, I originally selected these profession so I could enchant and gem new gear on the spot without have to leave the instance.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I haven't raided much at all this xpac so my shadow set is lacking as well as my holy set. This is not normally the case though and I also usually have 2-3 geared alts.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): As disc my main stat priority is mastery as it increases the size of our shields. After mastery I go for crit, then haste, then spirit. I choose to use Solace over mindbender because you should have atleast 12.5% haste for mindbender to be worth using over solace.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: Disc has a rotation?!?! No really though, PW:S is our best ability followed by penance. For me a normal rotation would include shield as many people as possible, if the is incoming damage, keep shields on tanks, keep my 2 piece penance bonus up, use solace on cd and throw in a couple smites so I have 5 stacks of evangelism when ArchAngel comes off cd. If there is some room for me to dps a little during healing downtime I will.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
Drow-Doomhammer:

- 8/8 Tier13 HM - US 37th

- 7/7 Tier12 HM - US 11th

- 13/13 Tier11 HM - US 19th

- "I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am" US 4th 25 man

Raiding Rainbows - Illidan:

- 16/16 Tier14 HM - US 39

Angry - Illidan:

- 13/13 Tier 15 HM - US 25

Drow-Stormreaver:

- Heroic Immerseus - US 56

- Heroic Fallen Protectors - US 40

- Heroic Norushen - US 22

- Heroic Sha of Pride - US 18

- Heroic Galakras - US 24

- Heroic Iron Juggernaut - US 18

- Heroic Dark Shaman - US 19

- Heroic General Nazgrim - US 17

- Heroic Malkorok - US 19

- Heroic Spoils of Pandaria - US 20

- Heroic Thok - US 18

- Heroic Siegecrafter Blackfuse - US 33 (This is embarrassing)

Nightmare Asylum- Mug'thol

-14/14 Tier 16 HM

I swapped guilds too often in MoP while trying to find the right fit. I was happy in Drow up until I had some real life issues come up and could no longer handle raiding with everything else that was going on in my life. When I was ready to return Drow had broken up and it was time for me to look for a new guild. I found a great home in Nightmare Asylum right before they transitioned into a 25man guild. During WoD beta testing was when I had to go casual for awhile, I was moving across the country and would of been out of commission for a couple months. When I was ready to return they no longer had a spot open and shortly after they split up. I have since not looked for a guild to raid with until now.

Other Information:

- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 6/latest/#
To be honest these logs don't fully speak to my ability, they were in pugs and I wasn't trying my hardest nor doing my best. That being said I also don't pride myself in getting good rankings on logging sites. I do however pride myself in my ability to learn a fight quickly and then near flawlessly execute mechanics a majority of the time. Not to say I don't make mistakes because everyone does, they just tend to be few and far between.

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I made a post on the guild recruitment forums and received a reply from one of your members. The guild is what I am looking for and your guild name is also one I've recognized from past xpacs while looking at wow progress.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Motherboard: Asus Z87 PRO LGA 1150

Power Supply: Rosewill 750W 80 PLUS Platinum

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz

GPU: GeForce GTX770 SuperClocked with EVGA ACX Cooler, 2GB GDDR5

80-120 fps during raids

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.

My god I suck at paint.... should make it an option to hand draw something :P

Majix
User

Re: Angelusvitae Disc Priest

Postby Majix » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:04 am

why would you not post your current and relevant progression?
[url=http://img15.imageshack.us/i/tyronez.jpg/]

Angelus
User

Postby Angelus » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:18 am

To be honest I don't really have a reason other than I have not raided much at all this xpac up until about 4 weeks ago. Currently I'm 13/13 normal and 12/13 Heroic with groups from LFG.

Ninetales
User

Postby Ninetales » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:09 pm

You seem to have been in a decent amount of guilds over the past few tiers. We're not really looking to recruit someone to be here for only 6 or 7 bosses, we want people that will hold down a raid spot for the foreseeable future. That being said, we're not a top 30 guild and I'm not sure if we'll be anything more than a stepping stone for you given your comments about being upset at a US 33rd kill.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.

Angelus
User

Postby Angelus » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:43 pm

The reason I was upset about the kill in question is because we went from us 15-20 to us 30+, people skipped raids a lot and many had trouble grasping seigecrafters mechanics. I am not looking to compete for a top US rank anymore like I was in the past. It's too stressful and I have no desire to do it, I just want to be in a guild that will clear mythic content before the next teir drops.

merk
User

Postby merk » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:41 pm

I don't have especially much time to spend on this;

You do not seem to do and understand the details that separate out the really good priests. You yourself say that you were not trying your hardest. Ok fine - but that's my only way to judge you. Its kinda sloppy. Then reading your comments on rotation do not inspire confidence. As an example disc very much has a rotation, including getting and using aa and maintaining 4set. I want to see some understanding of these sort of nuances.

How do you cast your poh? You look to be using a fairly default grid. You should be using something such as http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gridstatuspriestaoe (fair warning - that one is broken).

Where are you on your ring? Ideally you should have it, and have it upgraded a few times.

I need to get to tonight's raid now but in short i have some concerns here.

Angelus
User

Postby Angelus » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:55 pm

I mention maintaining 5 stacks of Evangelism and keeping AA up, also what 4 set are you speaking of because disc does not use 4 set. Our optimal tier is double 2 piece but I do not have mythic 2 piece from last tier so I went to using single 2 piece to gain more mastery like I've seen a few other high end discs do. I do not use default grid I use vuh'do that's set up fairly in depth. It shows WS how big of a shield I have on targets, all tank cds, raid debuffs, ect. I need 5 tomes left for my ring, you say " Ideally you should have it, and have it upgraded a few times.", I mentioned in my app I just started actually raiding a few weeks ago. All your questions tell me you didn't even fully read my app. At this point I am withdrawing my app, thank you for your time and good luck on your search.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:20 am

I wasn't doing things right, don't care, and am looking to join a guild that doesn't cares.. fantastic way to present yourself. Why even bother applying to a guild? You're better off finding something in trade chat.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”