Batman
User

Nananabatman 701 mistweaver.

Postby Batman » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:19 am

Player information:
- Age & Location:

24 Canada.

- Number of Testicles:

*posts nude pictures* Click to find out.

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why?

Yes I do, on my iphone.

- How long have you played WoW:

I've been playing since the end of vanilla/Early BC.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):

I've been raiding since early BC. Cleared everything in BC with the exception of Kael'Thas and Lady Vashj, I also have my original amani war bear from Zul'man. In WOTLK, I cleared all of the content including lich king pre nerf and heroic hallion as well. In Cata, I also killed everything, Sinestra, Deathwing, etc etc. As far as MoP goes, I didn't do all of the content. I quit raiding after heroic maidens in ToT but have some experience on working on Lei Shen. I have some heroic Soo experience but I've not done all of the fights when the raid was current. I think I did everything except blackfuse and up. As of right now, i've killed everything except mythic blackhand and that includes mythic impregnator.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class:

Nananabatman, mistweaver monk. As a disclaimer though. I've successfully played most healing classes and I would be open to switching if asked to. I've played a shaman and a druid in the past that did very well on pen and paper or pixels (logs)

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Nananabatman/simple

- Race & why you chose it: Blood elf. As far as mistweaver monks go, the races are pretty close to each other as far as min maxing goes. Panda takes a slight edge but I don't really want to be a fat panda and I like having the option to have an on demand chi via arcane torrent.

- Professions and why you choose them: Professions aren't very important this time around. What professions do I have again? I do wish they were like they were in MoP though!

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? I think i've been too valuable as a healer to dabble in much dps'ing. Although, I started out raiding as a dps and have only been healing for the past two expansions. This is the first one where i've played a mistweaver and to be quite honest, i'm not a very good melee so windwalker is not a good option for me. If I were, let's say a druid that could switch to boomkin, the playstyle doesn't really changet that much but going from a healer to a melee is night and day to me.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):

I'm a multistrike slut. It's by far my best stat with mastery being my worse, it's absolutely awful but unfortunately it's impossible to get pieces that doesn't have any. Multistrike > Crit > versatility/haste> mastery. Spirit is numero uno though. I actually switch between two trinkets depending on the fight. I have a regen trinket and a crit trinket.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:

As a mistweaver monk, I feel like my main role is as a throughput healer while weaving in a bit of tank healing here and there via soothing mists, surging mists and my big single target HoT. As a key rule that I stick to, I always want to be casting something and never not be casting anything at all. My go to spell for that is soothing mist, even if the damage is particularly low. I try to keep as many renewing mists on the raid as possible, which enables the use of my uplifts. I try not to uplift unless I have 6 or more renewing mists out in aoe situations. I always try to position myself in the best possible way to use chi burst, I often times stand in range but will position myself so that the burst can go through melee as well if possible. Another big heal that I use during aoe situations is rushing jade wind, or if i'm using chi torpedo which doesn't happen all too often, i'll use spinning crane kick. I try to properly manage my chi with the use of my power strike talent and expel harm! On a fight like let's say maidens, it's not uncommon for me to do fairly the same amount of healing as a holy paladin on the tanks since I try to keep my EM up and channel soothing mists, it's also pretty nice that i'm a mobile healer. As far as cooldowns go, I have life cocoon that I will either use as often as I can on a tank that doesn't specially call for it but can help benefit us both (example: I'll life cocoon a tank that is tanking moderate damage so I can channel my mana tea and not have to worry about him going splat) And there's also revival which i'll use in heavy burst damage situations or when the raid leader calls for it. Also, call me a bad mistweaver but I hate fistweaving. I think the age of fistweaving is dead and is barely worth it anymore besides on fights like flamebender.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

Denial of service. To put it short, we decided not to progress on blackhand and focus on gearing people that are almost already fully geared. There's also a big disparity in some member's numbers that has irked me as of recently. Another thing is, for the longest time, I felt like I was being held back on a leash. I would get the short end of the stick as far as cooldowns go, we would go through everything, healing tide, tranq, two spirit link totems, AG's, etc before I could use my revival and i think that gave me a bad start.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI (THIS NEEDS TO BE A SS IN A RAID):

http://i.imgur.com/2rPSZTP.jpg Before you judge my ui. I run a clean simple UI. That photo is a bit oudated as the keybinds look better and I have 2 extra weak auras but it's pretty similar. I have a hard time wrapping my head around how people can have a bunch of shit on their screen and a scrolling combat text that you don't even read. I keep the basics to heal properly and stand out of fire and not clutter my screen. I use my logitech mouse a lot, mouseover macros and weak auras to track stuff.

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/s ... Mistweaver

Lots of goodies there ^ can go through all the highmaul ones to if you'd like.

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?

I saw you guys on the recruitment forums and you guys have the hours that i'm looking for as far as raiding goes and are recruiting a healer! which i'm one of those! Preferably mistweaver or any of your choice!

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?

I have an i7-4770k cpu with 12 gigs of ram and a good video card. I run over 100 fps in a raid.

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4416719111

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.

http://i.imgur.com/NVl4DaO.png I'm the worse.

Stormingire
User

Re: Nananabatman 701 mistweaver.

Postby Stormingire » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:30 pm

Very nice app.

I really only have two questions.

First, when you were explaining why you want to leave your current guild you mentioned that you felt like your raid cd was being underutilized. Could you elaborate on that?

Second, you mentioned that you have a dislike of fistweaving and think that's it's time is over. Now from my understanding fistweaving these days has two purposes. It's used to push damage in low healing situations, but it's more used purpose seems to be to build up mana tea stacks faster in those low healing situations so that you can push your mana further into the fight. So my question here is, are your feelings about fistweaving about it being used as an actual way to heal people, or do you feel like fistweaving isn't really useful in general?

Batman
User

Postby Batman » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:39 pm

From day one when I joined my guild. I could have been the best healer in the world and I still would have been treated like the worse because of favoritism and seniority in the guild. At some point, I had to step up and say something to the gm about the way I was being treated and the way the raid and himself seemed to be stacking the odds against me to actually underperform... That's how it's always come across to me. My raid cooldown was either always being ''forgotten'' about or used last after pretty much every other raid cooldown available in the raid.

Fistweaving is fine to build up some mana tea stacks and dps a but it's not a reliable source of healing anymore. As far as using it to push dps, it depends on the fight. Some resto druids can do just as much as a fistweaver but we get the handicap of not being able to hard heal at all until we switch stances. I'd never fistweave throughout the entirety of a fight anymore, maybe just on some low damage phases.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:35 am

I am sure there will be more questions but overall nice app. Do you have time to chat this week?
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

Batman
User

Postby Batman » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:41 am

Definitely. I'm free whenever.

Batman
User

Postby Batman » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:28 pm

Any estimated time? I'm not trying to rush anything but at the same time. I don't want to wait last minute to find a guild now that 6.2 is officially just around the corner.

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:03 pm

Will tomorrow work?

Batman
User

Postby Batman » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:19 pm

Sure

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:50 am

Does 545 cst work?

Batman
User

Postby Batman » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Unfortunately I found a guild. The overall reply rate was a little slow and I couldn't waste much time considering 6.2 is coming soon like I said before. Good luck in Hellfire :)

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”