Tollo - 585 Warlock

Even Baddier Baddies
Tollo
User

Tollo - 585 Warlock

Postby Tollo » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:39 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 21 & Monterey, California

- Number of Testicles: http://youtu.be/l7iVsdRbhnc?t=1m57s (P.S. 2)

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? No, I have the IP/Text system.

- How long have you played WoW: Since Classic

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
VANILLA
Molten Core (9/10)

THE BURNING CRUSADE
Karazhan (11/11)
Gruul's Lair (2/2)
Serpentshrine Cavern (6/6)
Tempest Keep (3/4)
Black Temple (5/9)

WRATH OF THE LICH KING
PvP Only

CATACLYSM
PvP Only

MISTS OF PANDARIA
Mogu'shan Vaults (6/6 N)
Heart of Fear (2/6 N)
[Break when I moved out of parents' house]
Throne of Thunder (12/12 N)
Siege of Orgrimmar (14/14 H) US 122nd Garrosh

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Töllo - Warlock

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... o/advanced

- Race & why you chose it: Worgen - Crit

- Professions and why you choose them: Engineering: Synapse Springs; Jewelcrafting: Static Buff

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Destruction and I play affliction often.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints):
I use a VERY common stat weight in top-end warlocks.
Weights: Int > Mastery > Haste(10437) >= Crit > Haste
I use 10437 for the extra immolate tic during heroism.

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities:
Basic Single Target Rotation:
-2.0 Sec: Use Pre-Pot
-1.5 Sec: Cast Incinerate
Pull: Curse of the Elements
Double Conflagerate
Cast Immolate
If trinket's procc'd, sync cooldowns (Dark Soul; Synapse Springs) and use as many embers as possible on chaos bolts
If not procc'd, use incinerate to build embers until your first set of trinkets do proc.
Once trinkets end, use Incinerate as filler
Keep Immolate on ~100% uptime
Keep embers at roughly 3-3.5 until trinket procs.
I usually also min-max by pushing to full 4 embers at 3-5 seconds remaining on Internal CD of Purified Bindings.
Repeat ember rinse on trinket proccs and again sync cooldowns.
On Heroism, use potion and use Terrorguard (Usually execute)
Use Shadowburn on Execute.
If I have trinket proccs incoming, I usually save my embers to shadowburn with trinket procs. If my internal Cooldown is about 30+ Seconds from CD, I'll burn all embers on Shadowburn and quickly regain my embers before trinket comes off CD.

Multi-Target (3-4 Targets):
Continue normal rotation on main target
Use havoc+chaos bolt on cooldown
Havoc Shadowburn > Chaos Bolt whenever possible.

AoE (5+ Targets):
FnB Incinerate for filler
FnB Immolate + RoF when adds will last longer than a full immolate rotation.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
I am currently not in a guild. I was accepted to trial for Divinity but I realized quickly that the US Top 10 is too intense for me. I enjoy pushing myself and playing with people of similar caliber but I don't want WoW to feel like work. This is supposed to be a game.

Before I was accepted to Divinity, I was in efeX. I really enjoyed efeX but the guild had been sliding downhill for some time and I couldn't handle the level of deterioration in skill it had seen. When I joined, they were serious and really about pushing progression. With our US 122nd kill, we lost 9 core raiders. Because this happened, we had to drastically recruit and I felt we accepted too many people too fast. The quality of the new recruits were sub-par and I didn't see us pushing US Top 100 kills in the next expansion with the current raiders.
I also disagreed with the guild structure and lack of professionalism. We had 3 officers (with one really doing nothing) and then people who were Loot Council who were sort of officer, sort of not??? (This included me). My rank got to vote on gear (obviously) and got to have a some-what opinion with who we took for each fight, but other than that, we were not allowed to make officer decisions on our own. With our current management, it felt like we didn't really have a stable system of governing, which led to disrespect of officers and lack of respect for the rules (including attendance/tardiness). Another result of the failed management is that we didn't really deny people who didn't cut it for a Top-Tier guild. It seemed like the officers who made those decisions didn't have the guts to tell people they were out, which again led us to take on people who stand in fire and pull sub-300k dps with 580+ gear. On top of this, we also didn't give updates on the recruits’ progression and how they could improve, which I think is vital. With all this in mind, I was not really a big fan of where that guild was headed for Warlords of Draenor.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i.imgur.com/SyGlPEe.jpg

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/983

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math? I found you guys on wowprogress and liked the raid times. I am looking for a top 100 US guild to play with throughout Warlords of Draenor.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
ISP: Comcast Xfinity
30-60 FPS depending on streaming/massive adds/etc.

Computer Specs:
8150 FX AMD 8-Core, 3.6GHz
Liquid Cooling
Radeon 7970 3GB Video RAM
8GB DDR3 RAM

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below. http://www.pingtest.net/result/99787868.png

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
http://i.imgur.com/yqLsOdL.png (Dramatization: We didn't break Hellscream's legs)

Mist
User

Re: Tollo - 585 Warlock

Postby Mist » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:14 pm

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? No, I have the IP/Text system.

Could you explain what the "IP/Text" system is? I'm not familiar with this terminology. Would you be willing to grab an authenticator?

Tollo
User

Postby Tollo » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:22 pm

Mist wrote:

Could you explain what the "IP/Text" system is? I'm not familiar with this terminology. Would you be willing to grab an authenticator?

I've had bad experiences with their authenticator. When my phone got reset, it wiped the authentication code and therefore didn't register with my account anymore. I had to call blizz and it was a huge ordeal.

The IP/SMS Text System checks IP locations and if the login is like over 100 miles from my house, it auto-locks my account. The only way to unlock it is through a code I get sent to my phone.

If it was mandatory, I could order their authenticator (the non-phone one).

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:33 pm

Mist wrote:

it's the sms authenticator, mist...

https://us.battle.net/support/en/articl ... henticator

and tollo - backup your phone. if you lose it or get a new one just restore it and it works again. you can also call blizzard and email them a scan or picture of your drivers license - it gets unlocked in a few minutes. i've had to do this once for my account and help someone else with it.. it's very quick.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:39 pm

it looks like you've already been in a guild with two other warlocks. we're in the same boat - two right now and we want a third for a permanent spot. you're cool with this?
if you never tasted joy

Tollo
User

Postby Tollo » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:44 pm

grouch wrote:it looks like you've already been in a guild with two other warlocks. we're in the same boat - two right now and we want a third for a permanent spot. you're cool with this?

Yep, understood. In my opinion, 2-3 is a solid number for WoD if they keep their same level utility come 6.0
Also planning an alt (Prob Mage) if Locks gets nerfed into the ground (doubtful but possible).

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:01 am

we've been sticking to the idea of:

2 tank class, one who can dps
1-2 each melee class, one who can tank
2-3 each ranged class, one who can heal
4-5 healers, one who can dps

having a raid-ready alt is also a huge plus as well although it's by no means required.

our warlocks should be posting in the next day or so with warlocky questions. don't go anywhere!
if you never tasted joy

Mortal
User

Postby Mortal » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:48 am

Hi Tollo,
Few questions for you.
1. How do you feel about playing the other two specs besides destro, I see on your logs you are destro for most fights and the ones you play aff on your damage is significantly behind where it should be.
2. How did you come about using that opener for destro, IMO its not optimal.
3. When mentioning DPS'ing on 3 targets you said you only use your single target rotation and havoc for cleave. Why not keep immolate on all three targets and a rain of fire down in addition to havoc cleave. Would be very beneficial. For example bosses like Nazgrim you want to have immolate on all the adds and boss at all times (if possible).
4. Looking at your logs your dps isn't bad, but its also not too impressive. The number of personal deaths is low which is nice. Why do you think your dps is low compared to the numbers some other locks are putting up. (Besides cheesing/padding).

Thanks, and best of luck with the rest of the application process.

-Mortal

Copia
User

Postby Copia » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:24 am

Thank you for applying. We are going to pass on your application. Best of luck.
Just my opinion, not necessarily that of this guild or its officers.

The remedy was my legendary wizard dick.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”