Zalahore, fury warrior/prot

Even Baddier Baddies
zalahore
User

Zalahore, fury warrior/prot

Postby zalahore » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:29 pm

----------

Player information:
- Age & Location: 26 years old, I am from Casper Wyoming, or as like to call it middle of no where

- Number of Testicles: two I hope, mite be a 3rd one down there though !!

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If not, why? I use the mobile app

- How long have you played WoW: since day 1

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): Oh man here comes the paragraph, To keep this short and sweet, I have actually killed every boss to date, on heroic, until this expansion. I cleared all of vanilla , with a guild called pretty pink pwnies on deathwing. I was with them through BC as well and we had no problems blowing through the raids until KT he was a dick spent several months on him. even cleared all of sun well. in wrath I ended up getting deployed to Iraq for a year . So I missed all of naxx and ulduar. so when I came back TOC was out cleared togc10m got some fancy achievements and went back and did all of naxx and ulduar !. During Cataclysm. I killed all raid bosses on heroic before the next tier came out. When MOP came out the day after MSV was released I got into a nasty car accident, and I ended up coming back to the game a week or two into TOT and been playing hard ever since, I was 5-6 /13 heroic in tot but should have been a lot more. but my old guild broke up gain. and at the current moment im 10/14h in soo.

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Name is Zalahore fury/prot/arms warrior play all 3

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... ore/simple

- Race & why you chose it: I went with orc, as I usually use axes and love a free 1% expertise, and I love blood fury stacks with all my other awesome stuff. but once warlords comes out im pretty sre ill go blood elf which sickens me but 1%crit is attractive!

- Professions and why you choose them: Im currently Blacksmith/engineer, As everyone knows BS 2x extra sockets bis for fury warriors 2 320 crit gems, and for engineering well synapse springs that much str on a 1 min cd is amazing for burst lines up perfectly with every 3rd colossus smash! and I love being able to have nitro boosts in pvp .

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? right now I mainly play arms in pvp, but ive been trying it son some heroic fights just depends on the strats. aka protectors/galakras mainly. I have a 560 prot set that ive been building just in case I ever needed to tank for the guild im in now which hasn't happened.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs (include stat priorities and breakpoints): For my main spec, I only use my 2 piece (helm/gloves) A the 4 piece just bloats arguably the most intense and hard rotation to master in game. and the stats on the chest shoulders and legs are terrible to much haste. My stat priorites are hit/expertise to 7.5% after that, its crit >mastery, there is no break points in it, its as much as you can get, currently fury has a crit cap of 53% which is current gear is impossible to reach. but there is no cap for mastery every 1% is significant. Offspec, prot set I really didn't have a choice of gearing as I got the junk no one wanted. But if I could pick and choose my prot gear, id go with every parry,dodge on it, as this directly influences how much rit you get from riposte!

- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: first and foremost I interrupt always! I have several macros that help me simplify my rotation. on a opener, ill pre pot 2-3 seconds before pull. and ill open with my shattering throw. charge BT>CS>RB>HS>BT>RB>SB>BT, now that is my main rotation inside of my Colossus smash window, which is were all dps is done. The hard part comes with maximizing dps out side of CS, the goal is to maximize rage, will dumping with HS> WS procs. without rage capping, to setting yourself up with enough rage to properly execute the colossus smash debuff. now matter what, I enter all Colossus smash with 2 raging blow procs, I use Blood thirst ON CD, I will interrupt anything else im doing except for interrupting to Bt, I use a blade storm cancel aura macro. to maintain my enrage . I spec into blade storm as its a higher dps gain then dragons roar in all situations. single target and AOE. AS I am not perfect and still fine tuning everything I do with this class. here is something ive been working on. making sure I utilize every single raging blow proc I get, never using a berserker rage,bt or even a CS when I already have 2 procs, as its a wasted ability at that point and your just cheating yourself about 700kdmg per raging blow.

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: im currently in mirrored reasoning on zul'jin im not happy here atm for several reasons. we have some real douches in the guild. that demean and treat everyone like shit. and as much as I don't want to leave the guild isn't going in the direction that I see myself going in.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI: unfortunately I had to run back to work to get a few things done, and I don't have any screnshots on my work laptop but when I get home in an hour ill post them asap.

- Logs from warcraftlogs or worldoflogs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sb6i ... /rankinfo/

- Why Simple Math? How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?My boy meep is here, we raided together for a year before our guild imploded!.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? its a core 17 4780 I believe. runs 32gb ram has a NVidia gtx765 3gb card. I sit at well over a 100 on ultra max settings in 25m

- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.pingtest.net/result/99518060.png

Since you guys didn't ask about who I am and the kind of person I am to play with I added my own question
. Im a genuinely nice guy who loves to help out with achievements flex runs and even old to new lfrs. I take serious pride in doing every thing I can to be the best player at whatever class I am on. Ive raided heroicaclly as every class in the game except monk. out side of monk ive done it all healed tanked and dps. I have only been paying my fury for 2 months now. I have been a spriest for the last 2 years and was a holy pally/rogue before that. I obviously have a shit ton of improving I can do to be a better warrior. but every single week I get better. I have every profession in the game maxed. I supply all my own pots/flasks/food and repairs. as I have serious issues with anyone having to do anything for me it bothers me. im always on time. punctual and I will always bring 110% I don't slack even on trash. I research all fights. and seldom make mistakes. I never stand in shit. im also a firm believer in doing the right thing before padding . I never tunnel bosses. I seldom ever get beat in interrupts its really rare.

I really appreciate you reading this jumbled mess

----------

Once your post is up we'll ask you a few questions and hopefully have a chat on mumble within a day or two. Good luck!

Folbad
User

Re: Zalahore, fury warrior/prot

Postby Folbad » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:46 pm

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint (Windows) or Paintbrush (OSX). Link it below.
#thestruggle

"I'd eat her pussy till I'd burrowed into her pelvis, like waves eroding a cliff." - shitwinker77

drane
User

Postby drane » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:47 pm

no ms paint? this makes me sad i like the ms paints :c
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gonkish wrote:God dammit, Blizzard! Can't you just nerf druids?! WHY MUST YOU NERF THE BEST HAT?!

zalahore
User

Postby zalahore » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:53 pm

http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/zalak ... 3.png.html

DONT know how I messed that up when I copied and pasted, but this work of art your about to see, will blow your minds!

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:50 am

We're in the same transmog. 10/10
#thestruggle

zalahore
User

Postby zalahore » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:20 am

Badass man ya I love transmog! We can compare warrior stuff all day !

mouthwash
User

Postby mouthwash » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:28 am

zalahore wrote:
- Race & why you chose it: I went with orc, as I usually use axes and love a free 1% expertise, and I love blood fury stacks with all my other awesome stuff. but once warlords comes out im pretty sre ill go blood elf which sickens me but 1%crit is attractive!

I lol'd

zalahore wrote:- Explain your normal rotation and spell/ability priorities: first and foremost I interrupt always! I have several macros that help me simplify my rotation. on a opener, ill pre pot 2-3 seconds before pull. and ill open with my shattering throw. charge BT>CS>RB>HS>BT>RB>SB>BT, now that is my main rotation inside of my Colossus smash window, which is were all dps is done. The hard part comes with maximizing dps out side of CS, the goal is to maximize rage, will dumping with HS> WS procs. without rage capping, to setting yourself up with enough rage to properly execute the colossus smash debuff. now matter what, I enter all Colossus smash with 2 raging blow procs, I use Blood thirst ON CD, I will interrupt anything else im doing except for interrupting to Bt, I use a blade storm cancel aura macro. to maintain my enrage . I spec into blade storm as its a higher dps gain then dragons roar in all situations. single target and AOE. AS I am not perfect and still fine tuning everything I do with this class. here is something ive been working on. making sure I utilize every single raging blow proc I get, never using a berserker rage,bt or even a CS when I already have 2 procs, as its a wasted ability at that point and your just cheating yourself about 700kdmg per raging blow.

OK i have a couple of questions for you about your rotation and math;

1. For single target you claim bladestorm is better then D'roar what kind of math did you do to back this claim up? It would be intresting to see, since when i think about it bladestorm is 6 seconds of "lost" rotation which could ideally be 2 BTs, 3Rb, a few WS and some hs, also D'roar is a guaranteed filler for 600k-1.2mil dmg in a single global, so in a single target situation to me it seems like D'roar would be ahead.

2. you said that you enter cs with 2 stacks of RB, what is your justification for doing so? Would you not be sacrificing a potential stack from cs critting?

zalahore
User

Postby zalahore » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:49 am

Well I personally have never hit a dragon roar anywhere close to the numbers that you are claiming. The max ive ever seen hit is 780k . With my gear. Much less without skull banner used. And its not nessecarily lost rotation. The only way bladwstorm is viable single target is if you use it immediately after a bloodthirst. But with the crit I have im always emraged. So you can do 2 things either extend your bladestorm to the full duration of seconds as enrage only lasts 5 seconds with berserker rage. Or you cancel it as enrage wears off or bloodthirst comes off cooldown. In which you are right if you are not enraged dragons roar will beat blade storm every single time. Every simcraft I have pulled on myself while changing up talents from bs- dragon roar. Bs always sims about 10k higher. Which is realistically not a huge jump. And you are right about the possible wasted raging blow proc with a crit colossus smash. Which is something I can definitely improve on.

zalahore
User

Postby zalahore » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:06 am

And in my defense of bladestorm and why its better.
I pulled your logs and dmg from all spells on june 10 2014

You used dragons roar on klaxxi 22 times for an average insta crit for 311k.

You used blade storm significantly more.
You avg mh hit was 76k and oh hit was 46. This doesnt account for crits.
If you are using bladestorm right it would last 5 seconds 5 hits over 100k at the bare minimum with absolutely no crit. That is 500k dmg done single target and with the crit you have you would be pulling significantly higher values with bladestorm. But at the same time you don't use dragons roar and neither do I

mouthwash
User

Postby mouthwash » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:21 am

By the same token in that 6 second window i get 2 bts, and atleast 2 rb + 2 hs for a maximum efficient 6 seconds.

avg bt crit i have 99% crit chance buffed atm: 159640.3
avg mh rb hit(not crit):179971.9
avg rb oh hit(not crit) : 121490.4
avg hs (non crit): 95698.4

so assuming that i dont get shit rng on BT, i would do ~ 1.1million dmg in that 6 seconds that doesnt include the white hits. even in the same window if you drop a bt that is still ~940k dmg, going further and dropping 1 hs would still net 840k dmg, that is assuming the only ability to crit is bt which has a 99% crit chance

avg white hits where 76k and 46k or 122k X1.2=146.4k per bs hit and for 5 hits that is 732k dmg

unless I am missing something with my math I am not seeing BS as better then d'roar for single target due to the global cost.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:24 am

zalahore wrote:- How long have you played WoW: since day 1

what character was this on?

zalahore wrote:- A Screenshot of your character's UI: unfortunately I had to run back to work to get a few things done, and I don't have any screnshots on my work laptop but when I get home in an hour ill post them asap.

please provide this.

zalahore wrote:- Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net and pingtest.net. Link the results below.
http://www.pingtest.net/result/99518060.png

these numbers concern me - can you try re-running both the pingtest and speedtest from the original post? what's your latency in wow on andorhal vs your current server?
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

zalahore
User

Postby zalahore » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:30 am

But at the same time. Every single fury warrior I am looking up right now uses bladestorm over dragons roar. Your math is not wrong. At all. But if you execute that rotation outside of a colossus smash where you arr not benefitting from your 2 piece there is no way you would have the proper rage to do the max dps inside your colossus smash window. Granted I dont have anywhere near 99%chance to crit with ly bloodthirsts as I sit at 84% and I usually normal hit about 78-85% of them. Once I get my crit up there with some serious fine tuning I do think your way could be better. As long as its strictly 100% single target as dragons roar gets divided among everythi g it hits

zalahore
User

Postby zalahore » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:31 am

And ill get all that done grouch asap tonight. At work all dang day

Valkk
User

Postby Valkk » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:14 pm

A the 4 piece just bloats arguably the most intense and hard rotation to master in game.

fury is easy to play, this isnt a point on your part, im just saying i highly doubt fury is one of the hardest specs once you know to just fucking revolve all your dmg around cs.

But if I could pick and choose my prot gear, id go with every parry,dodge on it, as this directly influences how much rit you get from riposte!

pls no.

My stat priorites are hit/expertise to 7.5% after that, its crit >mastery, there is no break points in it, its as much as you can get, currently fury has a crit cap of 53% which is current gear is impossible to reach

why 53%? just get 45% and get ai and call it a day when your BT crit capped.

why are you using green gems in your gear for 60 str socket bonuses?

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO DO SIEGECRAFTER BELTS OR WILL YOU DIE A HORRIBLE FIERY DEATH

also the whole debate about BS over DR is probably people are using bladestorm for the sole reason that literally 13 of the 14 fights are all cleave bullshit aids fights and they are just too lazy to switch. Even if bladestorm single target hits like a truck you are losing on out on a lot of globals, so the net worth isnt even probably there. but again, probably just because everyone else hates siege and just doesnt give a flying fuck anymore. I know i run the same talents regardless of fight just because siege doesnt even matter anymore.

-------------------------------------------

Just other things I saw in logs:
you healthstoned 4 times in 4 bosses.
On dark shamans, you died to ticking dmg with isnt necessarily your fault, but you didnt use any cooldowns at all.

Valkk
User

Postby Valkk » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:51 pm

ok i did a quick test on a dummy because im too lazy to actually go look up information

This is Dragons roar

Things to note:
eye of galakras procced on BT
none of my raging blows crit
storm bolt stuns dummies (lol woops)
none of my HS's crit
CS crit
I had the same amount of cloak hits/crits as bladestorm
only 2 melee swing crits as opposed to 4 crits on bladestorm

This is Bladestorm

Things to note:
CS didnt crit
thoks procced on BT
only 2 mainhand swings crit
meta crit

overall, about even procs and rng. obviously just comparing DR to bladestorm, bladestorm will win but I dont think dropping a bunch of GCD's to just sit with your thumb up your ass is beneficial. Especially considering the only single target burn fight is iron juggernaut and you just fucking lose to enhancement shamans anyway.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”