551 Ret Paladin

Even Baddier Baddies
Emounicorn
User

551 Ret Paladin

Postby Emounicorn » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:49 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 24, West Virginia

- Usual Play Times (Server Time): All day, everyday.

- Number of Testicles: 3

- Can you attend raids on these days:

-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Sunday: Yes

- Do any others have access to your account? No.

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes.

- How long have you played WoW: August 2004 - Open Beta

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): T16: 14/14n, T15: 12/13h.

Character Information:

- Name, & Class: Emounicorn - Paladin

- Race & why did you choose it: Human, Every Man for Himself's usefulness in a PvE setting, Expertise bonus, Rep gain bonus. Originally was Horde, I chose and would choose again, Blood Elf. Extra interrupt is nice, and I despise playing a Tauren.

- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... n/advanced

- Can you describe the ruckus? I have absolutely no idea what the ruckus is.

- Professions and why did you choose them: Blacksmithing for the extra sockets and Enchanting for the ring enchants plus it makes it easier for me to swap boot enchants depending on what t1 talent I need per fight.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Retribution, Protection. I usually only play Prot if it is more advantageous for a Pally to tank a specific fight than our current Warrior tank.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: My ret gear is pretty standard. t15 4pc is awesome, so I have mostly been passing all tier pieces off to the priests in my current team. I have the chest equipped and a Garrosh generic token in the bank waiting to see what piece I will need last for a t16 4pc. Last tier I used offset gloves, but the t16 chest netted a larger benefit, so I had to equip non-heroic tier gloves to maintain a 4pc. I'm currently using the embarassing LFR Galakras trinket because I've had horrible luck on getting it to drop on any higher difficulty. Plus the 33% cd reduction that it has far surpasses any heroic trinket I own from last tier. My Prot gear is mostly my Ret gear with a few other pieces peppered in for a 2pc and expertise cap.

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: For Ret I always run Glyph of Templars verdict for the damage reduction, I run Double Jeopardy if there is multiple targets, Mass Exorcism depending on whether I need the extra AoE and if I do not I run Hand of Sacrifice to help mitigate raid damage. Then of course Diving Protection, Blinding Light, Inquisition if the fight calls for such.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation? Inquisition, Templars Verdict 5hp, Hammer of Wrath, Templars Verdict w/ 3 or 4hp and t15 4pc proc, Exorcism, Crusaders Strike, Judgement.

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): N/A

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: Poor leadership decisions regarding bad players and a mindset that is too casual for my play-style.

Other Information:

- A Screenshot of your character's UI: http://i.imgur.com/ISb0pE0.jpg

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/270292/ that's the logs from my current guild, every fight I have ever done or ranked on for the past 10 months is in there. Honestly, I am really bad at navigating that website and I'm not sure if its possible for me to link a conglomerate of just myself.

- Alts & their name/level:

Turbocat Guardian Druid 90
Goregasm Blood DK 90
Cryophobia Frost Mage 90
Emophoenix Enhance Shaman 90
Scrafty Mistweaver Monk 90
Saish Rogue 90
--
If I was accepted I highly doubt I'd bring any of them with me, possibly my druid eventually.

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): I can give my cell number to whomever needs it.

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Guild recruitment forums. No.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?: I chose to apply here because I want a hardcore atmosphere focused on progression and top notch playing. A player can only go as far as his team mates are capable of going and I know that I would be a better asset to players who have a more similar mindset to mine about raiding.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? Custom built about a 2 years ago. AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.8ghz, 16gb Ram, GeForce GTX 580 classified. 40-60fps.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

30mb/s cable. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3033971348

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional). http://i.imgur.com/SknBkIz.jpg

Nordiah
User

Re: 551 Ret Paladin

Postby Nordiah » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:21 pm

How would your rotation change with t16 4 piece?

What's your multi target rotation?

How do you track your inquisition?

Emounicorn
User

Postby Emounicorn » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Inquisition, 5hp t16 DS proc, TV 5hp, Hammer, t16 4pc proc <5hp, Crusaders, Judge, Exo, TV 3/4hp.

AoE priority; 3-4 or more targets I will swap to HotR, HotR pulls ahead around 2-3 targets, but CS procs t15 4pc, 4pc procced TV is better than a DS on 2-3 targets. All that is situational and depends on the mobs I'm fighting. 2 or more targets at 5hp without a procced TV then I DS. At 4-5+ targets I'll swap to SoR, if there is a boss present (say P1 on Garrosh) I will keep my 5 stack Censure on him and SoR the adds, it usually works out to where I swap seals in the cooldown time window of my abilities as to not waste important GCDs on swapping. Otherwise on 2 targets, like Dark Shaman, I roll Censure on both and swap judgments to gain from Double Jeopardy. As far as a set AoE rotation, I do not have, it just depends on the variables of each specific encounter and priority of the mobs being killed. With 4pc t16 it should be simplified a bit, as there are no TV procs.

I use weak auras and Raven cooldown bars to manage my inquisition timer, censure timer, procs and buffs.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:06 am

Emounicorn wrote:- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.

30mb/s cable. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3033971348

new york please.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Emounicorn
User

Postby Emounicorn » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:06 am

That speed test is in New York. Unless you meant NYC. In which case http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3034484329

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:58 am

oops, i'm good at reading :)

that's a weird jump in latency between the two areas but still perfectly fine.
if you never tasted joy

Emounicorn
User

Postby Emounicorn » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:50 pm

Yea I'm not sure, I guess they moved my connection up to 40mb/s, when I purchased it, it was 30.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:49 pm

are you able to speak with us tonight on mumble around midnight eastern time?
if you never tasted joy

Emounicorn
User

Postby Emounicorn » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:11 am

Sorry I missed your message, I was out with my girlfriend and we left before you posted it. I can tmrw before or after your raid time.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:06 am

6:30 good?
if you never tasted joy

Emounicorn
User

Postby Emounicorn » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:41 pm

Yea that works fine