550 Boomkin - Nanjas

Even Baddier Baddies
nanjas
User

550 Boomkin - Nanjas

Postby nanjas » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:45 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 22, Saint Louis Missouri
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Anytime after 5:30pm CST on weekdays then whenever on the weekends
- Number of Testicles: 5?
- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Sunday: Yes
- Do any others have access to your account? No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why? Yes
- How long have you played WoW: Since TBC
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
MoP - T16: 6/14H exp (no sha or galakras kill in 25 man), and 14/14N exp
T15: 6/13H with a 0.7% wipe on primo 10 man
T14: 4/6H MSV, 2/6H HoF 4/4N ToES 10 man

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Nanjas , Boomkin
- Race & why did you choose it: Worgen - crit racial
- Link to Battle.net Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... jas/simple
- Can you describe the ruckus? Everybody needs Jesus!
- Professions and why did you choose them: Skinning/LW will be switching skinning to BS potentially. Choose LW for the straight stat increase.. have also considered engineering for the boots and such.
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs? Boomkin / Resto (I can heal but have lacked a bit of gear since I was not our designated 3rd healer in my previous 10 man group for ToT).
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Main : CRIT CRIT CRIT , OS: Haste and Mastery after i'm comfortable with spirit..
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: I roll stampeding roar and stampede for the raid wide movement increase. Also I usually roll rebirth to get a player alive at 100% health... Resto I run with wildgrowth , Efflo and Regrowth and from what i've seen those are pretty standard among healers with slight variations.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
Depending on the fight and how fast adds if any adds spawn I will either do the Lunar or Solar opener.
Lunar (Start 75 towards lunar):
Prepot
Starfall
Wrath
Incarnation
Sunfire
Moonfire
Starsurge on CD
Spam Starfire till 0 energy then pop CA
Dot boss with CA buffed dots and any other adds if viable then continue spamming starsurge / starfire

Solar (Start in Solar):
Prepot
Starfall
Starsurge so it will hit boss on pull
Pop both Incarnation and CA
Moonfire
Spam Starfire until CA runs out and make sure to get into lunar ASAP for the third starfall

(IN BOTH ROTATIONS I will chain starfall x 3 in the opener)

- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Don't pvp often
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:

Current Guild: Victory or Whatever - Just recently joined this guild but found out someone who I raided with name failerson just app'd/joined and I wasn't having the best of times with my new guild. It has nothing to do with loot or anything but the way their normal raiders have acted with not wanting to rotate or for example one of their raiders pst'd me about how they "overrecruit" and I felt like it was kind of a dick thing to say to a new trial.. I really just made a mistake with joining this guild.

10 Man Solidarity - Guild fell apart and if you would like to know more about why it fell apart just bring me into mumble and I will gladly explain with what happened.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
Whisperwind - http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/ ... nd/Nanjas/
Mal'ganis - http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/263704/calendar/09-13/
- Alts & their name/level: 90 Disc Priest, Shaman, Hunter, Monk , 2nd Druid, Mage Rest are below 90 and not worth mentioning since I most likely will not alt them.
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): Skype: datoman1
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: I found out about you guys through a new recruit named failerson in the guild.(Used to raid with him in Solidarity - Mal'ganis)
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us? I know someone in your raid group and he looks like he is having a good time and i'd love to raid with someone i've previously raided with.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid? i5-3570k , GTX 660ti , 8gb RAM . I usually sit around 40-60 FPS in raid.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3010835805
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

Raven
User

Re: 550 Boomkin - Nanjas

Postby Raven » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:34 am

If asked to do boomkin shit, what would that intale?? Lol

nanjas
User

Postby nanjas » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:37 am

Nykez
User

Postby Nykez » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:11 am

Hey there Nanjas 1 of the resident boomkins here for Simple Math First thing off the bat is why did you choose to break your 4 piece T15 for your 2 piece T15 and the other random pieces a lot of moonkins waited to get at least 2 piece T16 before they broke it as the T15 2 piece is amazing?

What is your take on DoC being 'better' than HoTW this tier? Any fights where you would take FoN (Simple math LOVES the treants.)

In your UI screen shot I can't see how you are tracking your buffs/debuffs could you get one in combat? One with you attacking the dummy one will suffice.

Was looking at your reforges/gemming and I think you could move around some stuff to get to the 10289 breakpoint instead of being 311 over it. You can also get more mastery and crit out of it which is a huge gain but as it's late here and I'm heading into work now I'll run some sims and redo some of the reforges/gemmings to see if I can get a few hundred more dps for you when I get home.

I'm sure others will have questions for you along with our other mostly resident boomkin/officer So stick around. It may be a little bit before someone else posts something as its now the weekend for us so things tend to slow down a little.

Good Luck with your app Nykez.

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:34 am

I swear to god if this guy runs Treants I will spitroast him and cook him for dinner.
#thestruggle

nanjas
User

Postby nanjas » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:23 am

Hey! Yeah I noticed a ton of boomkins holding on to their 4 piece aswell but I also noticed that they had 4 piece of all heroic level ToT gear which has a good chunk more stats than normal mode. I replaced my normal gloves/helmet from ToT and from what I noticed the two pieces I swapped in were giving me a huge amount of extra stats and I felt like more static intellect, more static crit , more static haste would be better than just 1k crit/mastery while NG is up.

I also have a 2 piece from T16 atm but it would break my current 2set and I need to do some simming to analyze which ToT normal piece to thrown on since I lack heroic ToT tier pieces.

I actually have taken DoC on a couple of fights like Protectors, Shaman but haven't really had a good amount of time to experiment with it in this tier. I feel like DoC is stronger when multi-dotting comes into play and when the act of multi-dotting is beneficial to yourself or obv killing the bosses. I've also taken FoN for various single target fights just to see how they perform against inc/hotw and have found they are more consistent dmg when there is a single target.

To ease your nerves Dance I wouldn't use it on a fight where adds need to be pulled/cc as they spawn since I have noticed they kind of get crazy with entangling roots.

I also just believe I can push my haste breakpoint closer to 10289 like you stated but I recently coin rolled those heroic gloves from Naz and haven't had a chance to do some reforging and simming.

Definitely digging the feedback thanks for asking some good Q's but I will be home tonight at 5:30-5:40pm CST and that is when i'll post a combat UI for you that shows how I track my debuffs/buffs DOTS and such. But just as a preview I use Weak Auras for my buffs and for the dots I usually watch/mentally note timers on my dots but I have debuffs shown on my main target/focus target.. And my UI has boss frames that will also show my dots on the boss frame aswell.

nanjas
User

Postby nanjas » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:39 pm

Below I posted an image of my UI while in combat as you can see I have my proc's shown up above my unit frame through weak auras and also track my dots from my target frame/focus frame and any boss frames that show up to the far right underneath my map.

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”