539 Rogue - Kellustu

Even Baddier Baddies
Kelustu
User

539 Rogue - Kellustu

Postby Kelustu » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:40 pm

Player information:
- Age & Location: 21, Los Angeles (will be Boston in 2 weeks)
- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Sporadic, but usually around 2-3 PM until late at night during the week.
- Number of Testicles: 2 on my person.

- Can you attend raids on these days:
-- Monday: Yes
-- Tuesday: Yes
-- Wednesday: Yes
-- Thursday: Yes
-- Sunday: Yes

- Do any others have access to your account?
No
- Do you use a blizzard authenticator? If no, why?
Yes
- How long have you played WoW:
Since Vanilla, with a break in Cataclysm.
- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed):
Vanilla: N/A
BC: Was mainly a PvPer, but SSC/TK/BT/Sunwell
WoTLK: Naxx, Ulduar, ToC and ICC. Quit the game after ICC
Cata: Didn't play.
MoP: Hit 90 at the end of April. Since then, I've done all of ToT.

Character Information:

- Name, & Class:
Kellustu, Rogue
- Race & why did you choose it:
Worgen, best alliance racials. Would probably be Goblin on Horde.
- Link to Battle.net Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... stu/simple
- Can you describe the ruckus?
Nope.
- Professions and why did you choose them:
Engineering because all professions are balanced for DPS increase, but the glider is major on fights like IQ (shadowstep in the air>glider to safety)
- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?
My second spec is Combat, I play it when I get the chance to in LFR/dungeons. I don't have nearly enough gear or haste to make it raid-viable yet.
- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
I maximize agility and then haste and mastery over everything else. Offspec would be entirely haste. For now, haste increases RPPM procs on the gem and both trinkets, as well as increases my swing timer (poison procs) and energy regen rate. Mastery increases my poison damage, which is my main output as assassination. Next patch with the haste nerf, things might change.
- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why:
Adrenaline Rush and Vendetta are mandatory for Combat and Assassination, respectively. Both are pure DPS increases. Other than that, I use Smoke Bomb to increase the duration and typically use Feint, also to increase the duration. On Lei Shen, I use Sprint to deal with Helm of Command more easily.
- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
As Assassination: Pre-tricks>pre-pot>stealth>shadowstep to the boss>mutilate>SnD>mutilate>envenom>vendetta+shadowblades>mut to 5>rupture is my standard opener. My non-opener rotation is mutilate until 5, envenom and continue to mutilate until the envenom buff falls. Maintain a 5point Rupture on the target, refreshing when the buff has 2 seconds left. Dispatch whenever a proc comes up, only holding off on using it if I'm already at 5 or more CPs and the envenom buff has fallen. Dispatch replaces mutilate below 35%.
- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?
Recuperate OP
- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles):
On this character I have none. It was rolled recently. On the account I have two gladiator titles from Wrath and on another account (now inactive), I have two more. One from BC and one from wrath.
- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving:
The Church on Darkspear. I was there briefly and saw no progression happening. I know that Lei Shen heroic is a hard fight to progress on, but two weeks of attempts left us wiping before the first transition.
My current guild is Availed on Anvilmar. I made it clear before joining that I wasn't interested in being a bench player, and the GM assured me that there wasn't going to be benching issues. That changed quickly. After pulling second DPS on jin'rokh at 310k, I was sat for Horridon, brought back for council, and sat again until Twins. I did three bosses this week, five the week before. I'm interested in raiding, not sitting on the bench. No reason was ever given.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:
- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
My guild keeps all logs private, so the best I can do is put up screenshots of my damage done on the few fights I've been brought in for: http://imgur.com/a/w25cC
- Alts & their name/level:
Kullestu, 83 Mage; Choybok (Blackrock), 90 DK.
- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc):
Best place to find me is on Skype. Skype name should be Kelustu
- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?:
Guild Recruitment forums.
- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?
Your progression speaks for itself, it seems like a fun group of people to play with, and I really really want to go back to horde.
- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?
Brand new (my motherboard on my last computer crashed 5 weeks ago) Asus something. Core i7 with 3.2 ghz. Nvidia 745M, 8 gigs of RAM. In a 25-man raid I'm usually averaging about 30 FPS on max graphics.
- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2889364186

The internet connection might not be great, but it's stable and it doesn't lag. Also, in two weeks I'll be moving back to school. My raid times won't change, but my internet will change to a hardwired connection through the school. Last semester I was at a ping of about 35 and 100 up/100 down.
- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional).

Kelustu
User

Re: 539 Rogue - Kellustu

Postby Kelustu » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:42 pm

Forgot to add context: That picture is my best attempt to draw myself. The red thing is a scarf I had to wrap around my ears. It was snowing and I forgot a hat.

Spatula
User

Postby Spatula » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:18 pm

- Race & why did you choose it:
Worgen, best alliance racials. Would probably be Goblin on Horde.

Worgen is not the best alliance race. Pandaren is quite ahead actually.

Also, I would hate to see you go Goblin. It's WAYYYYY behind Troll or Pandaren.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs:
I maximize agility and then haste and mastery over everything else. Offspec would be entirely haste. For now, haste increases RPPM procs on the gem and both trinkets, as well as increases my swing timer (poison procs) and energy regen rate. Mastery increases my poison damage, which is my main output as assassination. Next patch with the haste nerf, things might change.

I have only been back for a couple of weeks, but I have yet to see even one of the top US/EU rogues actually do this. I can see how in theory it could be good, but the dps gain is so minimal compared to the RNG factor, regardless of what EJ/Shadowcraft tells you.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?
As Assassination: Pre-tricks>pre-pot>stealth>shadowstep to the boss>mutilate>SnD>mutilate>envenom>vendetta+shadowblades>mut to 5>rupture is my standard opener. My non-opener rotation is mutilate until 5, envenom and continue to mutilate until the envenom buff falls. Maintain a 5point Rupture on the target, refreshing when the buff has 2 seconds left. Dispatch whenever a proc comes up, only holding off on using it if I'm already at 5 or more CPs and the envenom buff has fallen. Dispatch replaces mutilate below 35%.

Why start SnD first? Seems like a waste of combo points to me. I've been using a 'Mutilate--Mutilate--5point rupture--SnD' opening since the start of MoP and could count on one hand how many times I've been unlucky and didn't proc a extra cp from seal fate or dispatch.

Also, are you pulling energy at all in between Envenoms?
I'm just an average guy with exceptional hair. Nothing more, nothing less.
It's okay guys, my packet loss is good. -Plezzureable

Spatula
User

Postby Spatula » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:47 pm

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional):
My guild keeps all logs private, so the best I can do is put up screenshots of my damage done on the few fights I've been brought in for: http://imgur.com/a/w25cC

Almost forgot. Screen shots of your Damage Done/DPS isn't really going to cut it here. We're more interested in looking at your SnD, Rupture, and envenom up times as well as proper cool down usage, damage taken, etc, ect.

Kelustu
User

Postby Kelustu » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:40 pm

When I first started playing, I went to mmo-c to get my rotation setup, the one I put in the thread is the one I was told to use. I've toyed around with a few others and have never found one to work better than getting SnD up first.

I definitely pool energy between envenoms. And my only issue with the World of Logs is that my guild keeps all the logs private. I know it's not what's needed, but I don't have any other real options unless you want me simming a run of LFR. I could try to track down some older logs so you can get an idea of my SnD/Rupture uptimes, but the gear level and experience with ToT is much worse.

Kelustu
User

Postby Kelustu » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:42 pm

On haste v mastery, Shadowcraft has been saying that haste is better than mastery for awhile now, and just about every thread I read backs that up. I know that a lot of the rogues that are putting up huge parses on WoL are doing mastery, but that's because prioritizing mastery over haste gives bigger swings in DPS, depending on RNG. Haste smooths that out.

Spatula
User

Postby Spatula » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:37 pm

Kelustu wrote:I definitely pool energy between envenoms. And my only issue with the World of Logs is that my guild keeps all the logs private. I know it's not what's needed, but I don't have any other real options unless you want me simming a run of LFR. I could try to track down some older logs so you can get an idea of my SnD/Rupture uptimes, but the gear level and experience with ToT is much worse.

I think I speak for the guild when I say we're going to want see something, LFR at the very least should suffice.

Kelustu wrote:On haste v mastery, Shadowcraft has been saying that haste is better than mastery for awhile now, and just about every thread I read backs that up. I know that a lot of the rogues that are putting up huge parses on WoL are doing mastery, but that's because prioritizing mastery over haste gives bigger swings in DPS, depending on RNG. Haste smooths that out.

I won't dwell on this too much as the 5.4 changes to RPPM things will render this argument moot. I'd just like to point out that Shadowcraft, while an amazing tool. Isn't always 100% correct.

Good app though, you'd have my vote. As long as you go Troll or Panda that is. :)

Kelustu
User

Postby Kelustu » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:34 am

I'll track down my logs from my previous guild. Don't pay too much attention to the damage! >_< It would be before heroic daggers and before t15 4set.

Kelustu
User

Postby Kelustu » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:01 pm

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:38 pm

sorry i didn't respond earlier, but i have a few comments.

first of all you seem very attached to using what other people say as your source of information. have you investigated the whole haste vs mastery argument yourself? spend some time on a training dummy or do it in LFR. gems and reforging are cheap enough.

secondly i'm very unhappy to see your reasons for leaving - almost every time we've recruited someone who left their previous guild because of a lack of progression ends up leaving us as well. every guild has dry spots for whatever reason, and we do too. our lei shen progression was a LOT slower than it should have been but we still cleared the tier with a respectable WoL ranking. in this guild we run a small roster (around 30 people) but people still sit/rotate. i'd like to think this is done fairly but there is no such thing as a raiding spot that involves no sitting. this goes for every person in the guild.

can you tell/show me what the best horde race is best for rogue and why? the same for professions - your answer made it sound like you didn't really care too much.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Kelustu
User

Postby Kelustu » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:50 pm

grouch wrote:sorry i didn't respond earlier, but i have a few comments.

first of all you seem very attached to using what other people say as your source of information. have you investigated the whole haste vs crit argument yourself? spend some time on a training dummy or do it in LFR. gems and reforging are cheap enough.

secondly i'm very unhappy to see your reasons for leaving - almost every time we've recruited someone who left their previous guild because of a lack of progression ends up leaving us as well. every guild has dry spots for whatever reason, and we do too. our lei shen progression was a LOT slower than it should have been but we still cleared the tier with a respectable WoL ranking. in this guild we run a small roster (around 30 people) but people still sit/rotate. i'd like to think this is done fairly but there is no such thing as a raiding spot that involves no sitting. this goes for every person in the guild.

can you tell/show me what the best horde race is best for rogue and why? the same for professions - your answer made it sound like you didn't really care too much.

Haste v Mastery on dummies and in LFR have largely come up as even, which is the same as most other rogues have said. Mastery has a bigger spread (potentially higher, but also potentially lower) based on trinket procs. Haste is a smoother rotation, which I happen to favor.

It's not as much a matter of slow progression, as a matter of no progression. I have no issue with wiping for progression or even a slow progression, but Lei Shen phase 1 is not hard. The difficulty of that fight is dealing with all the mechanics all over the place in the Transition and Phases 2 and 3. Phase 1 involves about two static shocks and some overloads, nothing that you don't deal with in normal. To wipe on that fight on the transfer from Conduit 1 to Conduit 2 for a full week after extending the lockout is just bad. That's not slow progression at all. To do it again a second week is astounding. I spent 2 weeks doing nothing but progression on DA and was sat for the final kill (the main raiding rogue came back from vacation). I've got absolutely no issue with that. They had been doing DA for 2 weeks before that, as well. Progress was being made, though. Lei Shen was just a complete lack of progress, to the point where people were not signing on. We had to cancel at least 1 raid night (I think it was 2), because of how bad the fight was going. The guild began to talk about extending lockouts for the rest of the tier to get him down, and I didn't think that they were going to be able to do so. They did the same thing with t14 and ended up losing a large part of their core after never finishing the tier.

And again, I've got no issue with sitting at all, especially when there's a reason, but if you plan to sit me for 8 bosses in a 13 boss tier, with no explanation, then I would not be okay with that. I'm okay with being told I'm underperforming, or that a boss needs another raid makeup, or that someone needs gear off of a boss, but when there's no reason given and I spend more time sitting outside the instance than in the instance, I have an issue.

Horde races for a rogue would be troll, pandaren or goblin. Rocket jump is the only reason I include goblin. I chose Worgen over Pandaren on alliance because the extra sprint has made a lot of fights a lot easier, like Lei Shen, and the DPS difference is largely negligible (a few hundred). Pandaren's food buff and the troll haste cooldown are both major DPS increases, but Troll has it on demand, whereas Pandaren's is fight-long. I would prefer the on-demand skill to stack with other cooldowns.

Kelustu
User

Postby Kelustu » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:55 pm

I forgot to mention professions: All professions outside of Engineering and Tailoring provide a static +320 of a main stat, so whether it's Leatherworking, Blacksmithing or Jewelcrafting, I was going to get the same boost from my second profession. I don't like the random proc on tailoring's cloak enchant, and the Engineering glove enchant allows me to stack it with trinket procs when they come up to put up a big Rupture on the target, like a mini-Festerblight style.

The cloak tinker is also a really nice QoL thing to have.

Kelustu
User

Postby Kelustu » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:49 pm

I'm sorry to have made you all go through this app, but at this time I think I'm gonna move in another direction. I'm gonna play the game a bit more casually as I get back into school. I might change my mind in the future and hope you'll take a fresh look at me if I do. Best of luck in 5.4!

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:42 pm

sure will. best of luck with school.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”