535 Mage - Pewpewblast (Sargeras)

Even Baddier Baddies
Polarthief
User

535 Mage - Pewpewblast (Sargeras)

Postby Polarthief » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:43 am

Player information:
- Age & Location: 22/M/FL

- Usual Play Times (Server Time): Pretty much from when I wake up to when I sleep, though a fair portion of that is AFK surfing the internet (let's just say I play a lot)

- Number of Testicles: Last I checked, I had 2. Might have gained or lost one since then.

- Can you attend raids on these days: Yes to all 5. (I apologize for cutting them out as it looked ugly to have a bunch of yesses)

- Do any others have access to your account?: If they did, they won't be very happy in the near future.

- Do you use a blizzard authenticator?: Yes because I'm not a baddie (also never had a single account compromise, even before the Auth)

- How long have you played WoW: Since early Vanilla; quit until late Vanilla and have been playing since.

- Endgame experience (What bosses have you killed): T15 4/13H killed, T14 10/16H. (Will post older expansions if needed)

Character Information:
- Name, & Class: Pewpewblast - Mage

- Race & why did you choose it: I've actually been every race (on Alliance) because I played casually and had fun. Atm, I play a Human for the 1% Expertise and PvP trinket (as it actually helps out in a lot of situations). Should I be accepted to your guild, I would play a Troll because I'd be min-maxing with Berserking and 5% damage against Beasts (which helps a ton on multiple ToT encounters)

- Link to Battle.net Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Pewpewblast/advanced

- Can you describe the ruckus?: Sadly, I don't know what that's a reference to :(

- Professions and why did you choose them: Blacksmithing because it gives me 2 additional gems (for Crit as Fire). Engineering for the on-demand Intellect to line up with Combustions, as well as the sprint, goblin glider, and other fun personal shit.

- Spec, Dual spec. How often do you play other specs?: Fire and Frost; I don't play Arcane too often as, well, I really don't want to play it unless I'm 100% forced to. I don't enjoy spamming one button/being confined to a tiny circle.

- Explain your choice of gear for main & offspecs: Gear has been a bit sporadic this tier as I started out as Fire and went Frost pre-heroics, so you'll see a mix of Crit and Haste gear. Regardless of this, I'm not in BiS gear (as I only have a few heroic pieces).

- What glyphs do you use for each spec and why: Combustion for Fire because it's the only mandatory (for most fights) glyph. Also use Evo and Armors because free heal and 10% physical reduction against the few physical AoEs in ToT (such as Dire Call/Bestial Call, Quake Stomp/Turtle's Rapid Spin, Quills, Fist Smash, etc), though I swap out Evo with Inferno Blast when I need the extra target for DoT spreads. Frost I use Icy Veins, Ice Lance, and Water Elemental.

- If you are applying as a DPS, what is your normal rotation?: Keep Mage Bomb (LB mostly) up, Pyroblast on Hot Streak/Pyroblast!, Inferno Blast with Heating Up and no Hot Streak/Pyroblast! (this changes in 5.4 with 4P T16 as of the PTR), spam Fireball. When conditions line up (Trinket procs, meta proc, HU+HS), Alter Time ==> Spam Pyros til 2 crit/Ignite gets high enough and Combust that. If my luck is shit during Alter Time, I cry and Combust when my Ignite gets decent enough.

(- If you are applying as a healer, what spells do you use & when/why?: I use Healing Touch when a Druid uses Symbiosis on me, and Bandage players when I can. Can't do much else!)

- Highest PvP Rank on this character (vanilla & arena titles): Challenger on Arena; 1900 Knight-Champion in Cataclysm. I would love to find a guild that also does RBGs (such as yours?) as I'd kill for the Commander title (or get the Glad or RBG season mount)

- Prior guild(s) & your reasons for leaving: <CFT>, originally on Suramar but transferred to Sargeras 2 weeks ago; I left because progression was too low and was tired of carrying people in our little team, so I quit on my Mage, joined on my Shaman, and wanted to find a guild to play my Mage with simultaneously. Sadly, the times didn't fit too well to get into a GOOD guild, so I quit them fully today.

Other Information:
- A Screenshot of your character's UI:

(UI has never prevented me from messing up DPS, though I do occasionally tweak it for the better over time. I'm OCD so tiny changes to my UI tends to make that go off if I make too many changes too quickly :) )

About to fix up BigWigs a bit as the small bars are a bit in the way. Also, there usually aren't that many bars; that was just for a test. It only shows relevant information.

- WWS/Wowmeter/Worldoflogs reports (not optional): http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/ ... wpewblast/ (has all logs, but I'll post one below)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h9duqy97tv6si2dm/

Something to note with the above logs, we 3-healed every fight, usually carried 1-2 DPS, and I was playing as Frost despite being high enough for Fire because it didn't matter for our shitty progression. I have, since then, gone Fire as it's vastly better at this iLevel.

- Alts & their name/level: I've got every class at 85-90, but they are irrelevant atm as their iLevel is too low to do Heroics, and I can barely afford a $55 transfer, so multiple is out of the question atm XD

- Out of game contact information (AIM/MSN/etc): [email protected] (primary email), Polarthief (Skype), Polarthief (MMO-Champ).

- How did you find us? Is there anyone you know in Simple Math?: Grouch/Nik posted on my "LFGuild" thread on MMO-Champ. I also talked with him in-game through Battletag.

- Why Simple Math? Is there anything else you'd like to tell us?: Good progression, seem like a great/funny bunch of players (the MS Paint picture requirement alone tells me you guys have a good sense of humor). The hours are long, but I sit at home so I can handle it.

- What kind of computer do you use? CPU/Memory/Video Card? Typical FPS during a 25-man raid?: i5 2500k/8GB Ram/GTX 560 Ti. Good enough to run Ultra pretty much everywhere except a bazillion-player Oondasta raid.

- What kind of internet connection do you have? Run an internet speed test against New York at speedtest.net Link the results below:
~60ms Ping, ~23 MBPS DL, ~3 MBPS UL

- Finally, we ask that you draw us a picture using MS Paint. (This is not optional):

I was thinking about drawing a penis, but I thought that was waaaaaaay out of line.

Polarthief
User

Re: 535 Mage - Pewpewblast (Sargeras)

Postby Polarthief » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:52 am

PS: I'd like to point out that ever since childhood, I could never draw well, whether with a pencil, a marker, or a mouse. I apologize for the absolutely abysmal MS Paint picture, and if I were you, I would probably insta-decline this application solely on that picture.

Amye
User

Postby Amye » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:59 am

You play from when you wake up til you go to sleep? No work no school?

Polarthief
User

Postby Polarthief » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:02 am

Amye wrote:You play from when you wake up til you go to sleep? No work no school?

I guess that's a bit of an overstatement. Let me explain. I normally wake up around 11A or 12N, jump online 10m later, and, well, since there hasn't been much to do (except Tuesdays when raids reset), I tend to just talk to people or go AFK while I surf the web and/or do other things around the house.

I am not in school nor do I work atm (though if/when I do, I would make sure to get a morning/day job so there would be no conflict). Also, the lack of work does NOT affect my living environment, so I would never miss a raid because of that.

Dance
User

Postby Dance » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:19 am

Polarthief wrote:- Can you describe the ruckus?: Sadly, I don't know what that's a reference to :(

Your answer saddens me. :<
#thestruggle

Voltshot
User

Postby Voltshot » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:32 am

LOL I admit that I didn't know that that meant either when I app'd. I had to Google it.

Polarthief
User

Postby Polarthief » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:36 am

Oak wrote:
Polarthief wrote:- Can you describe the ruckus?: Sadly, I don't know what that's a reference to :(

Your answer saddens me. :<

If you'd rather I cheat, it's from Breakfast Club. I apologize for being a SUPER sheltered early-90s kid. (Hell who am I kidding? I'm still rather sheltered >_>)

That being said, and while I do apologize for the sudden change of heart, I'd like to withdraw my app for the time being. While I would greatly prefer to join Simple Math, personal/luxury spending is a bit limited at the moment, and spending $55 to TRIAL for a guild is a bit much (especially on a server where I would require another transfer to find a new guild); it was an issue before I apped, but I was just offered a spot on a guild on my realm, and I'd like to see where it goes before spending that much (In all honesty, I wasn't expecting to find a guild on the realm).

I apologize for wasting your time :( Should this new guild not work out, I'll make a new app (or reply to this one if you'd prefer; I'll look at replies before making another) if you guys would be willing to give me a shot, and if not, well, feel free to point and laugh at my horrible drawing; I'll take solace in knowing I gave someone in your guild a laugh :)

Thanks again, and best of luck finding those last slots to fill!

Frozensoup
User

Postby Frozensoup » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:42 am

Thanks for your interest nonetheless. Best of luck in your guild search.

Nize
User

Postby Nize » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:05 am

personal/luxury spending is a bit limited at the moment, and spending $55 to TRIAL for a guild is a bit much (especially on a server where I would require another transfer to find a new guild); it was an issue before I apped,

My two cents:

Yes, you're spending 55 dollars to be a trial here; however if you show up and do your job correctly you won't have any problem passing that trial. But it feels like you doubt yourself in preforming to the best of your ability here, so best of luck elsewhere.

Besides, if you do transfer here and you aren't the best of players - can just reverse the transfer via support ticket on the battle.net website. Can do it within one and a half months, and officers would tell you if there's a problem before then.

grouch
Admin

Postby grouch » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:12 am

i'm sorry you feel this way - if you don't think you have the skill that it takes to down heroic bosses then you shouldn't have applied to begin with.

if/when you're more confident with your ability to push buttons and not stand in fire you're welcome to apply again.
you would not feel sadness
if you never tasted joy

Polarthief
User

Postby Polarthief » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:48 pm

Nize wrote:
personal/luxury spending is a bit limited at the moment, and spending $55 to TRIAL for a guild is a bit much (especially on a server where I would require another transfer to find a new guild); it was an issue before I apped,

My two cents:

Yes, you're spending 55 dollars to be a trial here; however if you show up and do your job correctly you won't have any problem passing that trial. But it feels like you doubt yourself in preforming to the best of your ability here, so best of luck elsewhere.

Besides, if you do transfer here and you aren't the best of players - can just reverse the transfer via support ticket on the battle.net website. Can do it within one and a half months, and officers would tell you if there's a problem before then.

I never would begin to think of Blizzard doing something that loses profits, heh. Didn't think this was possible.

grouch wrote:i'm sorry you feel this way - if you don't think you have the skill that it takes to down heroic bosses then you shouldn't have applied to begin with.

if/when you're more confident with your ability to push buttons and not stand in fire you're welcome to apply again.

Well you know when I talked to you how I felt, but it's not that I don't feel like I don't have the skill to kill them, it's that I don't have the skill (nor gear atm) to do the super-high levels that you're probably looking for; I'd be a bit below what you're expecting.

As far as standing in fire/dying to stupid shit, that's only happened twice this tier :)

But yeah, thanks for coming to me, grouch. I will definitely app in the future should I be out of a guild/unable to find a good one on Sarg!

Frozensoup
User

Postby Frozensoup » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:08 pm

Polarthief wrote:Well you know when I talked to you how I felt, but it's not that I don't feel like I don't have the skill to kill them, it's that I don't have the skill (nor gear atm) to do the super-high levels that you're probably looking for; I'd be a bit below what you're expecting.

As far as standing in fire/dying to stupid shit, that's only happened twice this tier :)

But yeah, thanks for coming to me, grouch. I will definitely app in the future should I be out of a guild/unable to find a good one on Sarg!

If you're set in your decision, that's fine, but keep in mind that at this point, gear isn't really the issue - we've cleared the tier and are not having difficulty with enrage timers - your actual DPS isn't quite as important as how it relates to your gear. And, of course, there are other important factors - how well you handle mechanics, attitude, attendance.

I'd also like to mention that 535 isn't that undergeared - you're about 15-20 ilvl ahead of where I was when I applied a month ago. Granted, it's a little different for a healer to be undergeared compared to DPS, but again, your performance relative to your gear is what matters.

Nykez
User

Postby Nykez » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:10 pm

Polarthief wrote:
Nize wrote:

My two cents:

I never would begin to think of Blizzard doing something that loses profits, heh. Didn't think this was possible.

grouch wrote:i'm sorry you feel this way - if you don't think you have the skill that it takes to down heroic bosses then you shouldn't have applied to begin with.

Well you know when I talked to you how I felt, but it's not that I don't feel like I don't have the skill to kill them, it's that I don't have the skill (nor gear atm) to do the super-high levels that you're probably looking for; I'd be a bit below what you're expecting.

For my 2 cents--- I came to SM back in march knowing that I was a decent player yet I took a break from the hardcore raiding scene and joined when I had a 500-505 ilvl or so while most of the others were having about 20+ ilvl more than me. As soon as I started getting gear and knowing the fights inside and out I started to pull numbers that were competitive. We are looking for range that know their class can pull their numbers for their gear and know the basics of the fights if you do good during your trial process the gear will come to you along with a core raiding spot. Good luck with your guild and on Sarg! Looking forward to a future app from you. : )

Return to “Guild Application - Denied”